Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
anitsirhc
post May 8 2007, 12:42 AM
Post #3841

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sciongal @ May 8 2007, 01:06 AM) *
Hi jewels,'
is this the oral dosage or for using it vaginally?

she definitely meant orally. vaginally you would only do it two or three times total. and you would never do it more than once in a day.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 7 2007, 10:52 PM
Post #3842

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sciongal @ May 8 2007, 12:06 AM) *
Hi jewels,'

I don't know for sure what she meant but I'm using it orally. I'm pretty sure she meant orally as well.

+Quote Post
sciongal
post May 7 2007, 10:49 PM
Post #3843

BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ May 7 2007, 02:34 PM) *
Not, it's right. 1 Pill twice a day, for 7 days.

Hopefully this will work for you....

Hi jewels,'

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post May 7 2007, 10:27 PM
Post #3844

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ May 7 2007, 04:12 PM) *
I'm really worried about getting on the plane with boric or flagyl that isn't technically prescribed to me (i.e. ordered online.)

just check your baggage under the plane. don't bring it in your carry on bag.

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 7 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #3845

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ May 7 2007, 04:34 PM) *

Thanks, Jewels. I hope this works for me too. I'm trying to believe that it will. But I'm not going to get my hopes up too high.

ilovehim, the burning is on the inside. And when I get aroused and the juices start flowing the burning gets worse on the inside and it spreads to the outside. I swear the Clindesse some how made it worse. It made the discharge much better but the burning is only worse.

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 7 2007, 08:21 PM
Post #3846

Hardcore BUSTie

OK so I am a little obsessive compulsive but this thought crossed my mind on the body ph theory thing....I wonder what our man's sperm ph is...and what it should really measure..maybe they aren't healthy? I'm gonna look later and find out what the healthy ph should be, and well, guess I'll be doing some experiments....

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 7 2007, 07:31 PM
Post #3847

Hardcore BUSTie

I haven't noticed yogurt making me smell worse..it does make me feel sick to my stomach..a little... I read online today that the cilaymycin that I was first prescribed kills all the bacteria good and bad, but it didn't mention that the metronidazole gel did that as well. I also went to a doctor lounge looking for info, and this dumbass said bv doesn't reoccur. whatever.
If I repeat shit that you all already know, its only because I haven't read all 79 damn pages of this so forgive me.
I read that articficial sweetners are worse on your body than sugar..I chew a lot of sugarless gum...trying to quit smoking.
I think we all should be taking vitamin c...when your body is in physical and emotional stress..it needs twice as much...and if you smoke 2..need even more. Since it fights our infections constantly....we probably aren't getting enough. there is follic acid in my regular vitamin should I get some just of folic?
I think I know what caused my bv...I used spermicide only(docs think its a n inducer for bv)..as birth control for several months..then quit using it because it started burning my shit even before I had infection..got prego month later. I'm a dumbass..do they make condoms without spermicide? I know I will never use it in any sort again. My bf has a vesectomy but his sperm sends me on bv train...
What is TTO mouthwash? Where can you get it? does that help stop reoccurance from oral? (I don't know if that does for me or not...he always gives me that
Do you all suffer from UTI's...I had one and didn't know it..no symtoms...but LOTS of bacteria. Test came back that it's gone though.

+Quote Post
ilovehim
post May 7 2007, 03:31 PM
Post #3848

BUSTie

Hey morphia is the burning on the inside or outside? If it's by your clit it can be a UTI so you should get tests for that too.

Did the yogurt make more smelly discharge for you guys?

Oh and who uses tampons?

--------------------
[font="Garamond"][/font][size="2"][/size]&hearts; Yours Truly...

+Quote Post
ilovehim
post May 7 2007, 03:28 PM
Post #3849

BUSTie

diets, body chemistry, health history, and any medications that you have taken in the past..including drug use. Also, if anyone cares to share their sexual habits as far as how often you have intercourse, and is it rough sex or not. my body temperature is usually below normal because I'm always cold. Do any of you experience that?

Yupp girl same here. I'm always cold! And i noticed my hands are usually cold whether its hot or not, it don't matter.

Sex 2 or 3 times, every other day. We shower after sex, and sometimes end up doing it there too. The water sometimes goes inside my cooch and i think that can cause BV too. =( The soap irritates me, usually body washes do this. Caress is what i've been using but down there I use Summer's Eve fem. wash. Ocassionally, i scrub myself with the Caress or body washes, But I don't recommend doing this.

My BV started when I first became pregnant with my son (first preg.). During the time I became preg. i remember sitting under the running water in the bathtub with my legs open to "CLEAN OUT" the cum. If I only knew then what I know now, I would've never done that! When I sarted noticing that the odor was offensive, I ignorantly bought a Summer's EVE tropically flavored douche thinking it was gonna cure the odor. Then EVENTUALLY got up the nerve to mention the odor to my gyn. and got prescribed the FLAGYL, and that's when it all started for me.

Right now I've been alright with the smell it isn't as bad as it used to be. =\ I tried lots of things includuing: Yogurt inserted inside, taking acidophillus probiotics, I don't eat bread or anything containing yeast. I cut back on my sugar intake, but still consume some sugar.

I stopped applying anything vaginally except for metro gel after sex. To keep the smell at bay. But ovbiously it hasn't helped much. I'm taking 1 Folic Acid suppliment a day.

Oh i forgot to mention that I smoke marijuana (almost everyday) and cigarettes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 7 2007, 03:17 PM
Post #3850

Hardcore BUSTie

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 7 2007, 02:12 PM
Post #3851

Hardcore BUSTie

Alright. So I went to pick up my Flagyl today and as I was being checked out I looked at the label and to my horror it said to take ONE pill twice a day for 7 days. Now, I say "to my horror" because isn't it supposed to be TWO pills twice a day? The milligram is 500. Is the dosage wrong??? Because if its too low then it will do SQUAT. I just took my first one at 3:15-3:20. How many hours apart should I take them?

+Quote Post
sassy
post May 7 2007, 01:55 PM
Post #3852

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey guys...I have been gone for a couple of months due to lack of internet access. Nothing new to report...I'm still using the boric a couple times a week. It seems a lot of you have had success with the flagyl vaginally so I'm going to give that a try. I don't really want to use the estoroil yet, but I might sometime. My honeymoon/wedding is in September, and I would really like to get this under control. I'm really worried about getting on the plane with boric or flagyl that isn't technically prescribed to me (i.e. ordered online.)

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 7 2007, 09:00 AM
Post #3853

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ May 7 2007, 09:42 AM) *
Morphia: Try the diva cup during your period. It works wonders!

I'm 100% sure that won't help since my symptoms reappeared before my period. I don't think my period is the cause. I think the cause is that I've had it for so long that its grown to be a Goliath of an infection. But I'll try it anyway.

Has anyone here tried povidone-iodine yet?

+Quote Post
neverending
post May 7 2007, 08:25 AM
Post #3854

Hardcore BUSTie

Morphia: Try the diva cup during your period. It works wonders!

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 7 2007, 07:27 AM
Post #3855

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, girls. The results are in. I have bv. The Clindesse did Jack shit. And so did the primadophilus reuteri, and so did the Fem-dophilus, and so did cutting out almost every carb known to man (I pretty much eat nothing but meat and vegetables), and so did the folic acid, b vitamins and whole vitamin supplement, as well as quitting smoking. I stopped using soap on my actual vagina and only on the outside and made damn sure I kept my legs closed enough to keep anything from getting in there. I slept with no underwear on and used pads during my period. I even bought brand new underwear to wear during the day. I don't take baths and I don't use antibacterial soap. And it seems that this shit only got worse. Still no smell. Hardly any discharge...But the burning....God...the burning. I did everything right and it did nothing. So, they gave me the option of Flagyl or Metrogel. I chose the Flagyl. And I don't care how sick it makes me or how bad it tastes. I'm going to stick it out because its supposed to be the most effective. According to all of you here, it seems that if I can't kick it the first time, then I likely never will. So I guess I'm joining the club. I'll be looking forward to a wonderful life of sticking foreign objects up my vag to get relief, only to realize it made it worse. And why in God's name does it burn? Its not supposed to hurt....

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 7 2007, 06:38 AM
Post #3856

Hardcore BUSTie

I was wondering what any of us have in common as far as our diets, body chemistry, health history, and any medications that you have taken in the past..including drug use. Also, if anyone cares to share their sexual habits as far as how often you have intercourse, and is it rough sex or not. I'm going today to buy some ph test strips to monitor my urine ph...I know it is higher than most healthy people the past three times I have had it done. I seems like that my body temperature is usually below normal because I'm always cold. Do any of you experience that? I'm gonna go buy a nutriction book today, I'm hoping that if I can balance my body ph through diet, that it might help my vagina have an easier time keeping itself balanced. Since my urine ph is high, which means it has a lot of amonia in it..the body uses it as a buffer so the urine isn't as acidic and doesn't burn...might be making my kitty more basic too. Maybe we should rinse with water after peeing (just the outside area)? This is my new theory, I'm gonna keep a journal for my doctor of my diet, body temperature, and urine ph. (hoping he will give a shit). I quit taking baths too , it hasn't helped the bv from reoccurring.

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 6 2007, 09:50 PM
Post #3857

Hardcore BUSTie

I was pregnant with my son, and never diagnosed with bv, I thought the funk was from the pregnancy, and was too embarrassed to mention it. I will say this that in the last trimester, i had too much aminoitic fluid, which can make uterus think its ready to deliver when the baby isnt ready. Luckily, he made it through fine. Makes me wonder how many premature births this bv really causes, since I was never diagnosed, and a lot of women have it without the smell and discharge....
I am having a hard time with this bv, started having aniexty attacks, I had insominia for a year..i can kinda sleep now..a lot of nightmares though.then the panic attacks harvested. I had to go to doctor for that...just last month..he doesn't know about my stinky snatch. (just a new gp doc) I know my hormones are way off. Can they test that? Does anyone think if I go on the pill that maybe it could help balance them out?
I'm gonna go take my prozac and shut up for now.

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 6 2007, 09:32 PM
Post #3858

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks to you all for your kindness. I am realllly glad that I found this forum. I have read a lot of what has been posted about different theories and such forth. I find it all interesting. I have many questions, as I'm sure many of you all do. I'll try not to wear you all out. But I'm on break from school for 2 weeks so I'm gonna learn as much as I can during this time. There are probably a million different ways to get bv but I know what didn't cause mine. Never been of birth control, never douched before this, never used soapn kitty before this. I do shave down there...is that an irritant for anyone?
I'm sure that you most of you all know that sperm ph is high, and ours is lower more acidic. but my boy friend has had vasectomy and has a hard time getting off wearing a condom or pulling out. Not to mention that I must be lousy at giving head because I can't get him off that way. He loves to do (did) love to go down on me. I hadn't thought of that being a trigger, but it makes sense.
I drink coffee, a lot of soda, and smoke, my diet needs much improvement. I did try to cut out all of the soda I drink and I lost 9 pounds in a month, and well, I'm 5'9" and weight 120 pounds, couldn't afford to lose the weight. Plus it didn't help with the bv.
Has anyone seen a dietician on what food to eat to lower body ph? I have read about what to avoid just not what could help besides yogurt..is activa the brand most of u eat?
I'll bitch later about my doctor appointment experiences, I don't want to even get started on that right now. I have had planned parent hood cancel on me twice only to reschedule my appointments a month later each time. So I did go to my ob that delivered my son..they are dumbass jerks.
I have went through 2 rounds of m-gel and the other one commonly perscribed, which it goes away for a few days...5 day record for me.
I did have an abnormal pap...they cut a piece of my cervix...told me to come back after birth of my son..which is when I lost my job and health insurance..

+Quote Post
lori
post May 6 2007, 09:08 PM
Post #3859

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ May 6 2007, 11:53 AM) *
Hope that answers your question!!

Yes, thanks Jewels!

Hope you hear from your doctor tomorrow Morphia!

--------------------

+Quote Post
ilovehim
post May 6 2007, 08:14 PM
Post #3860

BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ May 5 2007, 09:52 PM) *
I was recently diagnosed with bv. But I have been suffering from it for about 2 years now. I don't have health insurance and I'm a single mom, so going to the doctor week after week, I simply can't afford. I tried to treat it on my own for several months. It comes back whenever I have sex and after my period. Right before I resorted to going to the doctor I did something really stupid and douched 2 nights in a row with straight hydrogen perioxide and I made it worse. I started having a brown discharge and bleeding after sex. I have went through 2 rounds of 96 $ x 2 of Metronidazole and it made it go away until I had sex again. While I was using the gel, I had big huge nasty ass clumps of white shit speckled with blood. Is it possible to have a yeast infection and bv at the same time? I have tried garlic, hydrogen p, yogurt, antibacterial soap ( wash with it like mf) is that bad? I tried the zinc and vitimin c combo ( but stopped when I freaked myself out about overdosing with the zinc. My boyfriend thinks I'm cheating on him because up until about 5 months ago, the fishy smell was very mild, now it is so strong, it makes me want to vomit. It's driving me crazy, I think I would rather have had been diagnosed with herpes than this shit, ( I don't have nor have I ever had an std). Has anyone been so desperate to try the products sold online..you know with the Yeah, yeah, you'll get your money back if it doesn't work... This bv is driving me insane, which may be the reason I'm having anxiety attacks on a daily basis, and now I'm on prozac. (which isn't helping either. Has anyone been cured from simply not drinking coffee anymore and by quiting smoking? Does anyone have the time to list the top ten home remendies and the amount I should use it and the number of days. I don't want to kill myself trying to treat it.

Girl believe me I feel your pain! This bv shit sucks so bad! The only thing I can tell you, is that you don't stand alone and here we are... MANY other women suffering with this disease. It's hard and yeah you might lose alot of confidence, and self esteem but this too shall pass. I hope everything goes well for you and truthfully I hope it goes away sooner than later. It's such an embarassing problem, and all of us are searching for a solution. We'll keep you updated! =)

--------------------

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 191 192 193 194 195 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 30, 2014 - 08:23 PM