The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

120 Pages V  « < 88 89 90 91 92 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
ms.gb
post Aug 21 2006, 12:19 PM
Post #1781

Hardcore BUSTie

yesterday at the grocery store...90 degree's outside....lady at the check out...all she was missing was a viking helmet...over 6 ft tall....nordic viking build, in shorts and black tank top...complete with brown lace up uggs(?) with white fluffy trim....she even had her hair braided.....i just giggled all the way to my car.

--------------------
"If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance."
- George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wombat
post Aug 21 2006, 10:31 AM
Post #1782

Dragon Velocity

I confess -- I was going to alphabetize crates of LPs Sunday and expected some dust. So I wore:
Glasses instead of contacts
No conditioner in my hair
No make-up or jewelry
Cut-off man pants shorts, rolled to the knee
Kneesocks --with stripes of many different shades of blue -- up to my knee
boots
an old, conservative navy blue "shell" top that was originally meant to be worn to the office -- it's faded and sleeeveless and has a silly, fussy little texture to it.

Hideous. Because I didn't want to mar my "real" clothing with possible dirt and dust i went out to breakfast at the hipster breakfast spot looking like a member of "The Lollipop Guild" from The Wizard of Oz.

Sadder still, the place was full of people that wear horrible combinations of inappropriate items because they've seen it in fashion magazines -- they wear, like, fuzzy boots with white skirts, plaids with polka dots, and outdoor hats and scarves inside, in the summer, so I fit in just fine.

--------------------
Lion-hearted

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Aug 19 2006, 01:49 PM
Post #1783

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

QUOTE(bustygirl @ Aug 19 2006, 03:59 PM) *

Crocs could feel like a foot massage, but I'll never know. I break out in hives when I see shoes that ugly.

laugh.gif

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
bustygirl
post Aug 19 2006, 08:42 AM
Post #1784

Hardcore BUSTie

Crocs could feel like a foot massage, but I'll never know. I break out in hives when I see shoes that ugly.

Besides, I've got my flip flops for my egregious CoF.

+Quote Post
brett
post Aug 17 2006, 10:08 PM
Post #1785

Hardcore BUSTie

Llamas,

I've done that plenty of times. From driving home from college (a 6-hour+ trip) to driving to my parents' house from Philly (a 4-hour trip), I'm the queen of slumming it in the car. Plus I usually bring my blanket & pillow (the hubby usually drives) so I nap, so why NOT wear pjs?

--------------------
there's more to life than making jam and having kids-damien hirst

+Quote Post
llamas
post Aug 17 2006, 01:44 PM
Post #1786

Hardcore BUSTie

First, I must confess to having been a CoF Sunday for the drive from NJ back to Ohio; I brought a nice outfit with me and everything, but ended up wearing, literally, my pajamas: an oversized grey college tshirt, and black yoga pants. With shiny silver flipflops. *shame*

Also, at my office this week there has been a rash of unfortunate skirt suit/casual footwear pairings, most notable being an absolutely darling pink Jackie O. suit worn with Naturalizer orthopedic sandals in off-white. Bathroom cabinet mirror syndrome again, perhaps?

+Quote Post
pepper
post Aug 16 2006, 11:43 PM
Post #1787

ha! i did indeed go out in my jammies and ugly shoes today. my neighbour gave me a ride back downtown later on in my jammies pants and a new tshirt i bought before i came home, and my ugly shoes and HE was wearing his ugly shoes in Bright Yellow. we ran into, oh, maybe ten or so friends also wearing their ugly shoes in a variety or eyeball burning colours, not one the same shade. and that was that. painfully atrocious foot gear.
still don't care, so damn comfortable.

+Quote Post
brett
post Aug 16 2006, 10:14 PM
Post #1788

Hardcore BUSTie

In all fairness, I hate the look of Crocs. But my little sister (12) owns two pairs, and the last time I was home, I tried them on. Damned if they aren't comfortable. (I can hear Stacy & Clinton screaming now!)

That said, nothing beats the couple that I saw at work the other night-wearing matching bright yellow Crocs.

I could feel my eyes melting.

--------------------

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Aug 16 2006, 08:57 PM
Post #1789

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

Every time I see a pair of crocs in a store, my feet start to sweat. It's like an instinctual reaction....

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
polly_esther
post Aug 16 2006, 06:03 PM
Post #1790

BUSTie

Bless me busties, for I have sinned.

I own a pair of Crocs.

However, they have never seen the outside as they're only worn in the house (and they are mightily comfortable).

Too busy lately to be out and about observing the fashion disasters. School's back in and soon I'll be back posting about lemming dressing students.

+Quote Post
falljackets
post Aug 16 2006, 01:02 PM
Post #1791

crush groovin'

OHOHOH! quietmadness, i just remembered. we saw a guy at the beach a couple weekends ago wearing what appeared to a diaper. we just stared in horror.

now that i think of it, i wish i'd gotten a picture.

it was all saggy and wet looking.

i really want some crocs. i lusted over some the other day at the local ace hardware. hahaha. i can't believe i was thinking to buy shoes at ace hardware.

--------------------
to love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides - Viscott

+Quote Post
wombat
post Aug 16 2006, 10:36 AM
Post #1792

Dragon Velocity

I think crocs -- is that what we're calling giant rubber clogs with big holes in them?-- are so ugly they're cute. I mean, nobody's TRYING to pass them off as tasteful. That said, I haven't gotten a pair. And now, summer is passing.

I saw a woman TRYING so hard to pass herself off as tasteful that she looked downright bizarre. I kept staring at her on the train, like, wtf?

She had a big birkin bag -- or knock off of same, because it was OPEN on the top, like a tote, albeit with birkinish hardware. This bag was bright orange with that white mix that makes it a kind of glowing"lox" color. She was so proud of this bag that she had it clutched under her arm right next to a RED sweater. Then, she was wearing white pants with a skinny brown belt -- but I could see the belt buckle in the middle of her back side, right above her butt -- and there didn't seem to be some huge decorative item on front.

So, backwards belt and while claiming "STATUS!" don't have enough bags or clothes to coordinate them... and she was quite cute, really, but wearing a hairdo that looked like a wig.

???enigma????

--------------------
Lion-hearted

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Aug 15 2006, 07:27 PM
Post #1793

Hardcore BUSTie

My husband arrested our local "diaper man" once! (That's what people called him here, too.)

He was this completely normal (subjectively) dude--but when he got drunk, he'd go steal his old Daddy's depends--he'd strip down--and he'd wear the damnable things EVERYWHERE! ohmy.gif blink.gif

One time he was running in the diaper across four lanes of traffic, and fell down on the median in the diaper. Needless to say--when we got him in down at the jail--he was in solitary. wink.gif

+Quote Post
pepper
post Aug 15 2006, 06:37 PM
Post #1794

bicycle elvis *snort*!

i am loving, LOVING my ugly shoes. they are the most comfortable, dreamy squishy awsome foot gear Ever. ugly yes, but i can stand up almost ALL day long. work shoes, yes, walking to work shoes, yes, shopping shoes, yes. maudedang best shoes i ever spend 25$ on.

so ugly, so very very oooggglllyyy. i don't care.

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Aug 15 2006, 03:39 PM
Post #1795

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

Every town has a recognizable "interesting" guy.

We have Bicycle Elvis. (No seriously, that's what folks call him. It's a small city.)

He has big sideburns and a black dyed pompadour, and always wears black sunglasses, and rides a bicycle all over town, carrying a plastic grocery bag full of pop bottles.

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
ginger_kitty
post Aug 15 2006, 03:06 PM
Post #1796

Hardcore BUSTie

Heehee I should really check my posts for typos! laugh.gif This was worse than Donald!!!

Brett, his combover twim most live in the midwest!

--------------------
-We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.

-What we think, we become.

+Quote Post
brett
post Aug 15 2006, 08:57 AM
Post #1797

Hardcore BUSTie

I saw the WORST!!!!! Comeover I have ever seen in my life!!!!! It was beautifully horrific!!! I wanted to snap a pic on my camera phone, but he passed to quickly....the comeover started at the back of his head and spiraled all the way around over the forehead and back to the other side! It was incredible!!

You don't live in the Philly suburbs, do you? Because I've seen a guy who matches this exact description come into where I work several times.

--------------------

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Aug 15 2006, 06:11 AM
Post #1798

Hardcore BUSTie

Gingerkitty: Don't you know the Donald when you see him? biggrin.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post
herculesgirl
post Aug 14 2006, 11:59 PM
Post #1799

Hardcore BUSTie

Crocs are Teh Evil. I just don't get it. Unless you're gardening or fishing, NO.

I've seen them everywhere. They need to die.

+Quote Post
maimy
post Aug 14 2006, 05:05 PM
Post #1800

Hardcore BUSTie

Hee - Ginger, I think you mean COMBover. The mental image that popped into my mind when you said comeover was ... inappropriate, at best!

*Having flashbacks to "Something about Mary"*

+Quote Post

120 Pages V  « < 88 89 90 91 92 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 30, 2014 - 05:35 AM