Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 43 44 45 46 47 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
nik7121
post Feb 4 2009, 05:11 AM
Post #881

BUSTie

So I've been in bed since 1000 PM and I feel like Im losing my mind. I said before I felt some pain and nausea, well, it got to the point I called a friend who was hospitalized for a serious kidney infection a few years back for advice. She came over,gave me some advil, calmed me down. Gave me two choices: dr first thing am, or she would take me to the emergency room then. I calmed down, waited until the pain reliever kicked in, and called my gyno's nite line. For some reason, maybe since the pain and nausea and dizziness was coming in waves, he made me feel like such a liar!

He said, "well, its very unlikely to have an infection in both kidneys unless you have stones, but why dont you come in first thing?" Thanks! And my bf flat out said, "I think you're being a little overdramatic." until he tried to get me to relax and lie flat on my back and a pain shot through and I started to cry. Then he shut up, but I still think he thinks its a bit much, which pisses me off, because he was the first one I told that I peed blood two days ago! I called in sick to work, told my mgr I had an infection and if I didnt go to the emergency room I'd be going to the dr's first thing. I dont care what I have, bv, uti, kidneys, I just dont want to lie on my back and feel that bottom pressure/pain nausea and dizziness.

Anyway the advil is wearing off and I'm feeling a little uncomfortable again, not painful, i just feel very aware of my lower sides right now. I'm going to take some more advil and probably take a shower, as I was all gross, sweaty and chilly before.

You know what I noticed it seemed to feel like? The achiness, esp in the lower back, the nausea and dizziness? Like the flu, but a uti makes it suck even more.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nik7121
post Feb 3 2009, 10:00 PM
Post #882

BUSTie

the first doctor i went to asked me if i had back pain, but at the time, I didnt. The past, maybe, two days, its just felt like, pressure, but today i took some excedrin b/c it got pretty bad. the dr i went to today i gave her a 2 page list of all of my symptoms on and off for the past month, but she didnt seem alarmed. although i am. I've never felt so crappy from a uti/bv.

+Quote Post
lori
post Feb 3 2009, 09:28 PM
Post #883

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(nik7121 @ Feb 3 2009, 11:38 AM) *
I hate self-diagnosing, and the Dr was nice, but not very helpful. So I've been looking online at UTIs (I had a UTI and BV at once...I asked the dr if i get a gold star for that), and you get lower back pain from that? I thought that was from my job, but I;ve been off the past few days & its still there.

So you've got lower back pain? Damn.

I think lower back pain means that your kidneys are affected. Don't be alarmed, but did you get tested/treated for UTI?

Not to freak everybody out, but I'm sure everyone's heard of that Brazilian model who died recently? She had a UTI, and then it developed into Sepsis, so they cut off her hands and feet to save her life, but she died anyway. 1 month later.

That is some fucked up shit.

Anyway, do not be alarmed. I've had UTI's (they SUCK!) but I'm not an expert on them. I seriously do not know even one girlfriend who's never had one. So we all get them, and it's like nothing - but do take it seriously.

--------------------

+Quote Post
nik7121
post Feb 3 2009, 08:58 PM
Post #884

BUSTie

aijarama, ive got the same bv symptoms, only, ive never heard of it w/o the discharge, so i keep thinking its gone until i smell it. ive been terrified of even getting sweaty, so ive avoided it at all costs for the past few weeks (stopped working out, change undies multiple times a day, fan on).

ive been on flagyl myself, and ditto on the recurrence. Any luck with herbal stuff?

+Quote Post
nik7121
post Feb 3 2009, 08:54 PM
Post #885

BUSTie

oops I forgot cool.gif I've got a sore throat/cold thats going around (its snowing here) and all the fun achy stuff that go along with it.

horror: im so sorry to hear what you are going through! I havent had BV in approx 6 years, but last time I had it, it reared its ugly head a few days after sex w/a guy I'd been dating. Did the round of antibiotics, and sure enough, two weeks later, came back. I think it took about a year for my body to totally come around, which sucked, I was almost totally abstinent most of the time. About the smell, is it all the time? I'm getting that odor on and off but it usually shows up only when I pee, so I've been drinking about 1.5 liters of water a day and its diluting it somewhat (except for in the am; first pee of the day i cant seem to do anything about).

+Quote Post
nik7121
post Feb 3 2009, 08:48 PM
Post #886

BUSTie

ditto to that, I just spent the day sleeping w/my bf, he brought over some lunch, but now I'm feeling gross and nauseaus, lol. Not sure if it's b/c a) he brought over burgers (since my original diagnosis I've been staying away from fatty foods, fast food, coffee/caffeine, sugar, etc, figuring it will help), cool.gif All I've had today was the burgers & fries & cereal (since we slept most of the day) or c) all the pills (ugh) rolling around in my stomach, my fem-d, d-mannose, oral metro & excedrin b/c my back's been killing me today.

Sucks, though. A bunch of friends just went out for wings, and at first I'm like yeah, why not, I'll get dressed, but the thought of smelling spicy wings right now makes my insides turn.

Major support to anyone else dealing with BV or UTIs or any of the other crap!!

+Quote Post
Aijarama
post Feb 3 2009, 08:22 PM
Post #887

Hi Ladies,

Been lurking and trying to find what works for me...suffering from BV for about 6 months. No discharge, but there's a slight odor when I get sweaty, and the itch (which causes the broken skin/irritation) is the worst part. Used Clindesse, Flagyl (yuck) and Tindamycin...all worked for a little while, then the symptoms came back. Haven't had too much luck with the probiotics, but gonna keep trying!

hugs and support to all.

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Feb 3 2009, 06:26 PM
Post #888

BUSTie

THANKS FOR Y'ALL INFO(HELP) I REALLY APPRECIATE IT AND WILL DEFINALTELY
GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! YES I GOT TESTED FOR TRICH AND ALL OTHER STD'S
I EVEN GOT MY HUSBAND TESTED TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE EVERYTHING CAME OUT NEGATIVE.
THE SMELL IS OVER BEARING B4 I COULDN'T SMELL NOTHING NOW I CAN STRONG SPOIL FISH (GROSS)!!!GOD PLEASE HELP THROUGH THIS HORRIBLE BACTERIA VAGINOSIS!!!!! IMMA PRAY FOR EVERYONE WHO HAVE TO SUFFER WITH THIS STI.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Feb 3 2009, 02:39 PM
Post #889

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(horror_movie @ Feb 3 2009, 08:15 AM) *
Have anyone try this medication call celocin. This woman say
She been suffering from Bv for years.
She took www.celocin.com and it went away I just was wondering
Did anyone get prescribe that from their doctor.

I think you are referring to Cleocin, which is a vaginal suppository type medication. It is the antibiotic commonly known as Clindamycin. I found Cleocin to last longer than the oral antibiotics, but in the end, I still had my BV come back within a month. I also know that Clindamycin has been known to actually cause strep in the vagina, so for some people it can do more harm than good.

+Quote Post
nik7121
post Feb 3 2009, 02:38 PM
Post #890

BUSTie

Advice?

I went to the Dr today with my list (each time I smelled, peed, medications I took, etc). I had an appmt later this week but freaked caused I peed yesterday and saw blood.

They took a pap, and told me I looked irritated (which it shouldnt; I havent had sex in a month). Change my detergent, keep drinking water, and mosturize my vag. Theyll call when the results come back. But it still smells once a day and it still hurts sometimes like a mofo when i pee!

I hate self-diagnosing, and the Dr was nice, but not very helpful. So I've been looking online at UTIs (I had a UTI and BV at once...I asked the dr if i get a gold star for that), and you get lower back pain from that? I thought that was from my job, but I;ve been off the past few days & its still there.

I told my bf yesterday and felt like I dork b/c I started crying, admitting I was kinda scared. I still am; I just feel like something's not right, its not just my body "trying to get back to normal."

Any suggestions? And does anyone know what kind of body oil to use to moisturize? The Dr mentioned some kind of neutrogena.

+Quote Post
lori
post Feb 3 2009, 02:08 PM
Post #891

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(horror_movie @ Feb 2 2009, 10:57 PM) *
I have been suffering from BV for about 10 months. Through
thoses months it have been hell for me and my husband.
Sometimes I feel like I deserve this Bv why I feel that way
because b4 I had BV I cheated on my husband with two guys
(guess what I ended up with Bv)and I'm
Devasted and hurt by the things I did behind his back.
I guess this is my punishment.

Don't do that to yourself.

You messed up. You're not perfect. Nobody is. But don't spend too much time beating yourself up about it. Work on your marriage now - focus on the present and future.

Don't think that BV is punishment and get yourself down. Just deal with it constructively.

QUOTE(horror_movie @ Feb 2 2009, 10:57 PM) *
At work people talk about
Me saying I got gonnherra (however u spell it)and a lot more
STDs that causes the smell. Which I do not have because
I got tested for that 6 times already. People can be so mean
And say very hurtful things that might bother me for atleast
2mins then I'm good. Bv do make you a strong person
Everyday we take critisms and we take it anD brush that shit
Off. Sometimes it might even turn us into some mean bitch
And we take our anger out on the ones we love when this bv
Get too much. I even get hotflashes which makes the smell
Stronger. I don't know what to do anymore. I try everything
Femdo,estriol,rephresh, immune system vitamins, body cleanser
But nothing works or it takes too long to work. I don't know if I'm using it right. All I know
That I do have hemmorids with Bv LOL embrassing. There's something
Call rectocele that when the wall from your vagina and anal weaken
Causing the things in your butt to leak to the front(it could a lite leakage that can cause problems in vagina).
If I do have the Doctors will put a plastic ring up there to hold up the wall in place.
I know Im writing so much and some of y'all probably not going
Read all this but I had to get this off my chest I have No
One who understand me like y'all do. Im tired people telling me it's
All in my head.

If you're suffering from anal leakage problems, that will definitely affect your vaginal health. So I think that is probably the main source of your problems, and you need to deal with that. Hopefully, getting that taken care of is the key to your vaginal health, too.

It's a good thing you've been screened for STD's. (Did you get a test for Chlamydia and Trichomoniasis, as well? If not, make sure you do.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Feb 3 2009, 03:15 AM
Post #892

BUSTie

Have anyone try this medication call celocin. This woman say
She been suffering from Bv for years.
She took www.celocin.com and it went away I just was wondering
Did anyone get prescribe that from their doctor.

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Feb 3 2009, 01:57 AM
Post #893

BUSTie

I have been suffering from BV for about 10 months. Through
thoses months it have been hell for me and my husband.
Sometimes I feel like I deserve this Bv why I feel that way
because b4 I had BV I cheated on my husband with two guys
(guess what I ended up with Bv)and I'm
Devasted and hurt by the things I did behind his back.
I guess this is my punishment. At work people talk about
Me saying I got gonnherra (however u spell it)and a lot more
STDs that causes the smell. Which I do not have because
I got tested for that 6 times already. People can be so mean
And say very hurtful things that might bother me for atleast
2mins then I'm good. Bv do make you a strong person
Everyday we take critisms and we take it anD brush that shit
Off. Sometimes it might even turn us into some mean bitch
And we take our anger out on the ones we love when this bv
Get too much. I even get hotflashes which makes the smell
Stronger. I don't know what to do anymore. I try everything
Femdo,estriol,rephresh, immune system vitamins, body cleanser
But nothing works or it takes too long to work. I don't know if I'm using it right. All I know
That I do have hemmorids with Bv LOL embrassing. There's something
Call rectocele that when the wall from your vagina and anal weaken
Causing the things in your butt to leak to the front(it could a lite leakage that can cause problems in vagina).
If I do have the Doctors will put a plastic ring up there to hold up the wall in place.
I know Im writing so much and some of y'all probably not going
Read all this but I had to get this off my chest I have No
One who understand me like y'all do. Im tired people telling me it's
All in my head.

+Quote Post
Stone
post Feb 2 2009, 06:39 PM
Post #894

BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Jan 23 2009, 04:27 PM) *
There's a study going on about a vaginal powder called (Lactin-V) "made of naturally occurring Lactobacilli that can prevent the occurrence of bacterial vaginosis (source) ." I read about it from the clinical trials website. If all goes well, this could be a whole new pharmaceutical drug that can help women with bacterial vaginosis.

Antibiotics are the mainstay of therapy for bacterial vaginosis (BV).

Metronidazole is the antibiotic of choice to treat T. vaginalis infections and bacterial vaginosis.

Studies of topically applied and orally administered yogurt/lactobacilli preparations, which supposedly used to reestablish the lactobacilli population in the vagina, have demonstrated poor and inconsistent results.

Kind Regards,
Stone

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Feb 2 2009, 11:37 AM
Post #895

QUOTE(Grace08 @ Feb 2 2009, 09:57 AM) *
Hi Sweaty,

On your blog entry Jan 29th you say you just bought some Rephresh Pro B - just wondered why you if you don't have (and have never had) BV?

A while ago, I had a non-albican yeast infection. So now, I take probiotics regularly for maintenance.

+Quote Post
Grace08
post Feb 2 2009, 09:57 AM
Post #896

BUSTie

Nope, I never had Bacterial Vaginosis.

Hi Sweaty,

On your blog entry Jan 29th you say you just bought some Rephresh Pro B - just wondered why you if you don't have (and have never had) BV?

+Quote Post
ladylustlove
post Feb 1 2009, 08:45 PM
Post #897

BUSTie

QUOTE(nik7121 @ Jan 31 2009, 01:53 PM) *
Hey random question, but has anyone tried D-Mannose? Its supposed to be a great all-natural way to prevent UTIs, but when I looked up the dosage on ClearTract (one brand), it was recommended to take 3 capsules 5X a day for the first 4 days of usage (which seems a bit extreme, and actually ends up being the whole bottle), and then afterwards to take 3 a day. Has anyone tried it?

Hey girl
I for one am in loooove with d-mannose.
it is like my personal savior.
I was having UTI's like mad, maybe around 6
last year or something to that effect.
I tried D-mannose for my last UTI and
it didn't cure it, so i had to go on antiobiotics again (sigh)
Since then, though, i haven't had a UTI (knock on wood).
Mine were being caused by sex, so every time
i do it, i take a scoop of d-mannose (UT vibrance from
whole foods) in water.
and also clean my nether region thoroughly.
it has really, really helped me!

That ClearTract dosage does sound like alot,
but from what i recall you have to take
alot if you're trying to get rid
of an infection. I just take mine for maintainance.
xo

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Jan 31 2009, 10:20 PM
Post #898

BUSTie

QUOTE(nik7121 @ Jan 31 2009, 12:53 PM) *
Hey random question, but has anyone tried D-Mannose? Its supposed to be a great all-natural way to prevent UTIs, but when I looked up the dosage on ClearTract (one brand), it was recommended to take 3 capsules 5X a day for the first 4 days of usage (which seems a bit extreme, and actually ends up being the whole bottle), and then afterwards to take 3 a day. Has anyone tried it?

I'm pretty sure that level of dosing is for an active infection(rather than as a preventive). I wasn't impressed with it. It's really only effective against certain strains of UTI-causing bacteria, and didn't help my mother or me when we tried it this past summer. She had a klebsiella sp. infection & mine was due to enterococcus faecalis. We both had to go the antibiotics route to get better. dry.gif

Maggie C.

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Jan 31 2009, 03:46 PM
Post #899

QUOTE(sassy @ Jan 30 2009, 02:15 PM) *
Sweaty: You've never had BV? I was under the impression you had BV and were trying different methods on here. I thought you were trying the Fem-D. I'm confused.

Nope, I never had Bacterial Vaginosis. How are things going for you? I haven't heard from you in a long time.

+Quote Post
nik7121
post Jan 31 2009, 12:53 PM
Post #900

BUSTie

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 43 44 45 46 47 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 24, 2014 - 09:22 PM