Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 177 178 179 180 181 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
anitsirhc
post May 21 2007, 07:07 AM
Post #3561

Hardcore BUSTie

hi ladies. today i have my gyno appointment. i am not looking forward to it at all. at planned parenthood for some reason they use a lot of different swabs when they go up there and have to go inside several different times. and some of them are very painful. so i'm kind of scared, i hate it. but anyway i am going to tell her about my pain (the cramping and pinching feelings) and that i am not taking antibiotics again if she prescribes it. i'm going to bring the yeast arrest with me and have her tell me what she thinks. i'm going to use it whether or not she tells me i should but whatever. and i will try to get a culture, if it doesn't cost too much extra. alright well my appointment is at 2 (in 4 1/2 hours) so i'll be back on here later to tell you how it went.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Genesis
post May 21 2007, 02:46 AM
Post #3562

First off I want to say how impressed I am with all of the efforts and hours of research that have gone into this blog. If you combined the hours of research that each woman here has contributed battling this very personal problem it would probably outnumber the years that any of us have been alive. That's saying a whole lot! I am especially impressed by the candor and honesty of each blogger. I am reminded of Einstein and several other inventors who after repeated failures discovered the answer to their most baffling questions and turned around and shared it with the world. Cures are the result of deliberate testing, evaluation, research and more testing. Success happens because people make it so. Finding a cure does take commitment in sharing and educating one another. And even when the medical world snubs such a plague and has their own theories, as women who understand from a personal standpoint that many of the answers don't fit or make sense, once and for all, women banded together is a force to be reckoned with. We have how many minds here in this forum? Now that's a whole lot of brain power, more than Einstein to be frank.
Very rare is it that such a collaborated effort has been made to single-handedly isolate the causes and cures for such a common female problem and not by scholars at Harvard or Yale or Princeton, but very average, hardworking, women who want an answer that they aren't getting because the medical world simply has not devoted the time or commitment in discovering WHY. If it were some radical new disease that threatened to annialate humankind they'd be on the bandwagon, but hence it's just the uncomfortable plague that all women are suseptible to and though it does cause sterility, it doesn't kill as far as the medical world is concerned, so why the rush? I plan to be around for awhile and see what transpires. This is definately a move in the making. Glad to be onboard!

Genesis
wink.gif

+Quote Post
sassy
post May 21 2007, 02:10 AM
Post #3563

Hardcore BUSTie

Morphia--The chunky discharge is normal. MOST gynos put a liquid band-aid on your cervix after it gets biopsyed. That is the band-aid leaving your body. My gyno said it sort of looks like "oreo cookies." It's nothing to be worried about. I had cramping and discharge for almost 2 weeks afterwards and I'm fine.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 20 2007, 10:47 PM
Post #3564

Hardcore BUSTie

Holy Crap Lori!!! Well, I bought mine online. I don't remember having to keep it refrigerated, but, it was well over a year that I used it, so I could be wrong. I didn't have any of that happen to me, but, remember, I've had a hysterectomy. All that's left is my ovaries. So, when I stick something up there, who the hell knows where it goes!!!! laugh.gif HELLO....HELLO...ANYBODY IN THERE???? hahahah

So, don't use my expereince, only because I wouldn't recomment it either, being that, it didnt' cure me. Flagyl is my drug of choice right now, vaginally. No smell here!!! It's really taken away the B.V. for me. Othertimes, something I would try would take it a way for a few days, but, this keeps it away for long periods of time. I even had sex the other night, and I thought for sure it would return, but, NOTHING. So....I think I'm going to stick with that until I hear from Pianogirl on where she buys the Estroil.

+Quote Post
lori
post May 20 2007, 08:02 PM
Post #3565

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ May 20 2007, 05:41 PM) *
As far as the Gy-Natren. I used it. And I like it!! What were your issues with it? It definatley was not a cure, but it did help me.

I hate the product, it was terrible. For me, it was my moment of "Bad Product Pussy Explosion." But you had a good experience, and I'm going to add that to my blog, so people can decide for themselves.

**Question: did the vaginal capsules dissolve inside you completely? Did you use all the pills? Did you have any problems like I did?

Here's a quote from a previous post I wrote:

Gy-natren - I found this at the refrigerated probiotics section of Whole Foods - it comes with 14 pills to take by mouth, and 14 pills to insert vaginally. I used 6 of these pills and became very irritated. For weeks afterwards, I got weird plastic-ky chunks in my discharge. I think the capsules didn't dissolve properly. And the stuff inside wasn't so great, either. I got weird, starchy clumps coming out for weeks, I finally had to go to my GYN and she had to "irrigate" - basically, squirt a bunch of solution inside and swab everything out. It was not pleasant.

I don't know what this stuff did inside of me, but it looked like the capsules didn't dissolve properly, and neither did what was inside. And this stuff would not come out - I guess because it was sticky? - and just floated inside me for *weeks*. It was irritating, and I felt cervix pain, not like when I have BV, but still discomfort - when wads of starchy clumps are in your vagina, you're going to feel it! I tried douching, and even got my period, and it still wouldn't come out!

So I went to my gyno and she did vaginal irrigation - which is a form of douching, except she had to spray a *lot* of solution, and get all up in there and clean me out with swabs. Talk about mortifying. She told me there was a lot of weird stuff in there, and she said I was lucky I didn't experience any tears or injuries. (And I only used 6 of the 14 pills!) She also said it looked like the stuff irritated my cervix and made it swell a bit - I went back 2 weeks later (needed my annual pap anyway), and she said everything looked better, everything looked clean, and no more of that swelling. Whew!

After googling Gy-natren, I found at least one other woman who said the stuff made her cervix swell, so it's not just me. As far as what caused the swelling - the capsules are made of chickpea and garbonzo bean powders. So it's edible, and probably not toxic. But again, if you have foreign bodies in your vagina that just won't come out, that will irritate you.

Anyway, the product was in fact cited for FDA violations - they need to get more safety approvals to sell stuff that you stick in your vagina, and all they got was the approval for the oral supplements. They also mis-labeled their product. This is very sketchy. Based on that alone, I would recommend staying away from this crap. (But I will still add that you had a good experience with it.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 20 2007, 07:29 PM
Post #3566

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(mfc10 @ May 21 2007, 01:42 AM) *
Is this the same product as Tetrasil? If so, it didn't help me when I tried it a couple of years ago.

Maggie C.

MAGGIE, YES IT IS. Newcomers...don't fall for it. Tetrasil DOES NOT WORK!! I have two tubes of it sitting in my drawer. It does NOTHING for B.V.

+Quote Post
mfc10
post May 20 2007, 07:25 PM
Post #3567

BUSTie

QUOTE(littledipper @ May 20 2007, 08:42 PM) *

Is this the same product as Tetrasil? If so, it didn't help me when I tried it a couple of years ago.

Maggie C.

+Quote Post
littledipper
post May 20 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #3568

http://www.salusil.com/bac_bacvag.htm

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 20 2007, 06:24 PM
Post #3569

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ May 20 2007, 07:37 PM) *
Thanks Jewels! Hey, how do you know what I do for a living? Heh. But you're right, I do not work in the medical profession.

Anyway, I'm glad you like the blog. I joined this thread primarily to warn people about Gy-natren (bad stuff!) I appreciate everyone who's shared their experiences, too - if we've saved one woman from ordering the Jamu Stick, the world has become a better place! This thread is definitely a wealth of info. but I thought everyone could definitely use a list. So I made a quick list, and it grew out of that.

I'll keep reading this board and updating the blog. I appreciate all the input!

Wrong profession meaining you're not a doctor, or, atleast you've said you weren't.!! wink.gif I don't know what you do for a living, but, I think you should go into the profession of finding a cure!! You seem good at it!!

As far as the Gy-Natren. I used it. And I like it!! What were your issues with it? It definatley was not a cure, but it did help me.

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 20 2007, 05:50 PM
Post #3570

Hardcore BUSTie

How many of you all have been told that you are carriers of streptosoccus group B? I was told that I was a carrier when I was pregnant, and not much else. And now I'm even more pissed they didn't inform me of the risks of it. Nor, did they ask if I wanted to be treated with antibotics for it..they just did it. I'm interested also, if you are carriers and if your mother was told that she is a carrier of it as well. I will be doing some reading about it, I'm getting more angry with each article....

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 20 2007, 05:49 PM
Post #3571

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks, arj75. I did have another question for you guys. My doctor did write me a prescription for 14 days of Flagyl in case the test comes back positive for bv. Its the usual 500 mg twice a day. Any objections? Suggestions? Should I do it? I've also been wondering if I should take it as prescribed with the usual dose for 2 weeks or up the dose for a shorter period. As in take it 3 times a day until it runs out? I promise that whatever you suggest I won't piss on. smile.gif

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 20 2007, 04:48 PM
Post #3572

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 20 2007, 12:47 AM) *
Not a stupid thought. I was thinking the EXACT same thing about 30 minutes ago. And about liver dysfunction. I am an alcoholic. I've been sick for a long time and all of my symptoms, including the bv, started after a MASSIVE binge that I had. Even though my liver function tests come back ok, I know that there is something wrong with it. No girl's liver can withstand a pint of jack daniels and several beers every night without getting some kind of damage. Keep doing your research, girl. With every question you ask and with every new theory you post I feel that I'm getting closer to a cause. I thank you for all that you've been doing.

The wonderful thing about the liver....it can regenerate itself..even after much abuse...being that you are only 21, I doubt the damage is not reversible.

Something that helps me from drinking my sorrows away to fast..for every beer.....or drink that I have...I must have that much water to match it back.

I'm changing my name to postalots lol

+Quote Post
ilovehim
post May 20 2007, 04:46 PM
Post #3573

BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ May 20 2007, 05:23 PM) *
I bought mine from a regular health food store. Get a phone book and look for health food stores. Call them to see if they have them in stock. They are very good!

About the hating, don't let them get to you and don't ignore it. If they say something you don't like pick out something that is wrong with them. That will make them shut up real quick because nobody is perfect. If one of the girls are fat say "I'd rather stink then to be fat as hell". LOL! I ignored it for years and I wish I had not done so. I feel really good when I take up for myself and you know what? They back of. smile.gif

Good advice! tongue.gif Next time I'll choose a flaw and ride on them about it!

--------------------
[font="Garamond"][/font][size="2"][/size]&hearts; Yours Truly...

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 20 2007, 04:21 PM
Post #3574

Hardcore BUSTie

Morphia, I did have a colpo..but really all I remember is that it sucked...and sucked bad. The discharge might be from the iodine solution that was used (on me) to prevent infection. Keep an eye on it, watch your temperature. Maybe it would help if you got an ice pack and wrapped a towel around it and rested it on your snatch...make sure you don't lay ice pack directly on it....Only thing that I can think of..and if you start running a fever call the doctor back they should have an answering service for emergencies....

Sorry girl, I remember the pain..thats about it..

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 20 2007, 04:14 PM
Post #3575

Hardcore BUSTie

For those of you that have had a colposcopy, please tell me if what I'm experiencing is normal. I had one on the 18th. It still hurts, for one and the pain only feels like its getting worse. But what is worrying me right now is ever since I had it I've had chunks...or wads of something coming out. They started off small. But today I noticed that my usual burning just wasn't right. It had turned into a burn with a slight itch so I went to go take a look. While I was down there I noticed something light to medium brown covering the opening so I pulled it out and it was a huge wad of something like tissue paper or paper mache (sp?). I pulled out two wads like that and now I've noticed that the itching is a little less. What is this? I do know that my doctor said at the end of the colpo he had to go inside my cervix for something. So is this brown tissue coming from my uterus or my cervix or what? Is this normal or should I be worried?

And Lori, I do owe you an apology for accusing you of not contributing anything. I am sorry. Thanks for the blog.

[Edit] I also wanted to say that I would not be surprised if I ended up with an infection. It seemed sloppily done. I remember while he was doing the actual procedure he reached for one of the instruments, fumbled, and it hit my leg. He still stuck it inside me anyway. He should have cleaned it off before he did that. Those instruments are supposed to be sterile. My leg is not sterile. I'm just a little worried about it now.

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 20 2007, 04:12 PM
Post #3576

Hardcore BUSTie

Just wanted to mention something else that we should all consider, maybe many already have... But after hearing the bad luck of another member who is suffering from IBS...I think we need to make sure that we all are getting enough fiber in our diets. Studies already have shown that diets high in fiber reduce the risk of certain types of cancers....Fiber isnt digested but kinda like a chimey sweep for your poop shoot. Maybe it can grab some of these bacteria we aren't wanting around. Anyway, since my diet lacks fiber almost all together..dieticians recommend that you slowly work up to the intake needed. There are supplements that you can add to foods....

+Quote Post
neverending
post May 20 2007, 04:06 PM
Post #3577

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(ilovehim @ May 20 2007, 11:02 PM) *
What store did you buy your diva cup from?
And about the haters, Yes they too drive me crazy! Especially high school girls, they are so freaking inmature. I feel like i'm back in grammer school with a bunch of little ass kids. They can't shut their mouths, and always have to be all "loud" so that everyone can hear them. But I just decided to be the bigger person and just ignore it! It's HARD to do, but if I don't, then i'll end up commiting another VIRGINIA TECH massacre lol. *giggles*

I bought mine from a regular health food store. Get a phone book and look for health food stores. Call them to see if they have them in stock. They are very good!

About the hating, don't let them get to you and don't ignore it. If they say something you don't like pick out something that is wrong with them. That will make them shut up real quick because nobody is perfect. If one of the girls are fat say "I'd rather stink then to be fat as hell". LOL! I ignored it for years and I wish I had not done so. I feel really good when I take up for myself and you know what? They back of. smile.gif

+Quote Post
ilovehim
post May 20 2007, 04:06 PM
Post #3578

BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ May 19 2007, 08:43 PM) *
Hey everyone....Gosh I took a vacation for 24 hours and missed a lot.

I brought up the fishy smell to a friend of mine from school and was kinda surprised that she hasn't ever heard of bv..She is in her mid 40's..furthermore after going into the embarrassing details of my stinch after my periods and sex she confessed that she deals with it after sex as well. She thinks it is just that her mate and her have a bad chemisty and isn't a damn bit bothered by it. Thats the part that I can't really get..that it doesn't bother her. I wanted to tell her that maybe she should go to the doc..but I didn't. What do you think I should do..she recently battled cervical cancer....

Today, when I was at my sister's house...she said she had a real bad yeast infection from antibotics that she recently had taken, and I mentioned be careful...you need to watch out for bv. She has heard of bv, which surprised me, because she is only 25. She saw a Tyra Banks talk show about it, not sure when. I am almost 32 years old, and just now finding out about this horrible infection! That's sad.

Who has big enough balls to call Ophra ( I sure as hell don't)...women need to learn more about this!!! Then, maybe with every woman in a frantic state on earth..the research will be bumped up into full force.

I like your idea. I wish someone did have the "balls" to call her up and tell her. There were only two (intimate) friends whom which I ever spoke about the bv. But really my only reason was to let them know that my smell wasn't because of bad hygiene habits. I told them that no matter how much I washed the smell didn't go away. it was embarassing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CanCan
post May 20 2007, 04:03 PM
Post #3579

Hardcore BUSTie

My plan is to not eat sugar for a while. How else can you kill these buggers? They seem so resistant. And until someone tells me a better way, I will cut out sugar, honey, potatoes, pasta, bread, anything that is sugary or a simple carbohydrate. You want to starve the bad bacteria, but you also must feed the good ones. Once the good bacteria are hanging out in your body, they need to be fed. Bad bacteria like to eat simple sugars, but good bacteria like to eat fructooligosaccharides (FOS), or inulin rich foods like dandelion, chicory, leeks, asparagus, onion, garlic, jicama, jerusalem artichokes, and wild yam. These foods act as prebiotics, because they stimulate the growth of good bacteria in the intestines. So I am trying to eat these foods when possible.

+Quote Post
ilovehim
post May 20 2007, 03:45 PM
Post #3580

BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ May 19 2007, 04:59 PM) *
The diva cup is not a cure! It is just for your period. You can buy it at a health food store for $15.00. I used it because it helped keep the odor away during periods. Plus it's cheaper than pads or tampons. Pads and tampons were $5.00- $10.00 a month(I have a heavy flow).

Oh, if you were an ugly girl they would have nothing to say but because you have something going for yourself they try to hit below the belt if you know what I mean. When they comment about your odor, in there minds they are trying to make themselves seem better. They see you as superior to them and they will do anything they can to get under your skin. I'll be the first to admit that they (hating ass females) have driven me crazy. I'm not going to sit here and say I'm all that but I am cute,and that drives them crazy. I always say "I may stink but at least i'm not fucking ugly and even though I may stink I could still take your man". smile.gif keep that in mind when people say things like that to you!

What store did you buy your diva cup from?

And about the haters, Yes they too drive me crazy! Especially high school girls, they are so freaking inmature. I feel like i'm back in grammer school with a bunch of little ass kids. They can't shut their mouths, and always have to be all "loud" so that everyone can hear them. But I just decided to be the bigger person and just ignore it! It's HARD to do, but if I don't, then i'll end up commiting another VIRGINIA TECH massacre lol. *giggles*

--------------------

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 177 178 179 180 181 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 23, 2014 - 11:21 AM