The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Plus size girls are there any cool clothes out there for us ?
pollystyrene
post Dec 28 2010, 11:35 AM
Post #21

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

QUOTE(damona @ Dec 27 2010, 10:32 PM) *
ok, ladies, help me out! i have a pair of jeans that i absolutely adore. they are Levi's, and the tag says simply "straight leg, mid-rise, misses 18 long". i have looked everywhere. they don't seem to exist. if i wasn't wearing them, i wouldn't believe in them! i have looked at Kohl's, online at Kohl's, at levis.com, on amazon, ebay... help!

i have the worst time finding jeans that fit right, and it would just be my luck that i found these and they immediately discontinued them.

Is there a tag on the outside, on the waistband? Usually Levi's puts the model number on that tag.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
damona
post Dec 27 2010, 10:32 PM
Post #22

can i go to bed now?

ok, ladies, help me out! i have a pair of jeans that i absolutely adore. they are Levi's, and the tag says simply "straight leg, mid-rise, misses 18 long". i have looked everywhere. they don't seem to exist. if i wasn't wearing them, i wouldn't believe in them! i have looked at Kohl's, online at Kohl's, at levis.com, on amazon, ebay... help!

i have the worst time finding jeans that fit right, and it would just be my luck that i found these and they immediately discontinued them.

--------------------
"give me life, give me pain, give me myself again" - tori amos

+Quote Post
genghis cunt
post Nov 2 2010, 04:03 PM
Post #23

BUSTie

Zappos has TONS of boots for those of us with shapely calves. I just got a decent haul on Old Navy's plus website, including a sexy red-and-beige wrap dress.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 30 2010, 12:26 PM
Post #24

Big Fat Bitch

Well, I like to look flash, therefore I take the risks! wink.gif I live in the middle of nowhere, so almost all of my shopping is done online. I order from the US, UK, Australia, & India; RARELY do I have to return anything.

On boots: Evans out of the UK are known for their bigger/wider boots. I didn't think I'd be able to rock the over-the-knee look, but Evans had me set. These are fierce: purple velvet otk boots.

Another retailer to look into is Duo Boots. I don't have any experience with them, but Lilli from Frocks & FrouFrou swears by them & she is one hell of a fatshionista!

Also, never discount the importance of a shoe guy. They can make all the difference in the world! An excellent cobbler can insert discreet elastic goring into the tops of your boots to make them fit your calves if you just have to have ones that don't fit.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
missjoy
post Oct 30 2010, 08:23 AM
Post #25

Hardcore BUSTie

AP - thanks for all the links. I love the tunic-y looking tops at Ruche. I'm jealous of your access to clothes in the US - here in Canada there is less choice. I would love love love to get some tall boots but being a wonderful combination of both short and wide and therefore they don't fit over my calves - sigh. I've seen some online, but I'm wary of ordering clothes from the US... it just seems like such trouble!

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 28 2010, 12:50 PM
Post #26

Big Fat Bitch

Modcloth has been getting in some fabulous fifties/sixties style frocks for fall that go up to 2X-3X. You have to shop quick if you want to get anything, but they do restock often & you can opt to be advised of when it happens.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Sep 16 2010, 08:59 AM
Post #27

Big Fat Bitch

Calling all fat girls! Less than twenty-four hours to Beth Ditto's Evans' launch! And this time around some of it actually looks wearable for the non-"look at me look at me!" fatshionistas.

Of Sarah's picks, I like the polka dot dress, the heart cardigan, & the cameo belt. There's also a red/back chevron mod dress that you see her hold up that is absolutely bonkers amazing. Of course, it's not available yet . . .

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Aug 26 2010, 07:32 PM
Post #28

Big Fat Bitch

Fat girls, September cannot get here soon enough for me! A small sneak preview of Evan's for A/W. I love the outerwear! The brown aviator with the shearling, the chocolate aviator with the fur, & the leopard print coat are all outstanding. I'm going to have to start setting my pennies aside today!

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 29 2010, 06:04 AM
Post #29

Big Fat Bitch

Online retailer Ruche (Vintage-y, kinda like a MUCH cheaper Anthropologie!) has launched a plus-sized line with a few cute things. One of the tops is sort of cute, but there are a couple of truly KO dresses!

And I don't know if any of you keep up with the YFF bloggers, but they had their first conference this month. Some of them . . . frankly scare the hell out of me fashion-wise, but I suppose that is because I am an old. They did get a sneak peek @ various retailers' A/W lines & I must admit I am looking forward to some of Evans' outerwear. I find most of Evans' clothes to be frumpy except for their celeb lines, which will also be launching this fall. I am hoping this year's Beth Ditto collection isn't quite so, uh, 80s inspired fug.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 26 2010, 01:18 AM
Post #30

Big Fat Bitch

UK retailer ASOS is in the midst of their season clearance & the deals are NUTS! I got four tops, two dresses, & three accessories for $125. Use the code "asostreats" & get an extra 10% off!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Jul 9 2010, 08:08 AM
Post #31

Hardcore BUSTie

Not specifically plus-size, but Gudrun Sjoden have a sale on and the clothes look like they'd suit a wide variety of body shapes. I just ordered a top and tunic for summer hols, and was very happy with the fit and fabric. Colourful hippy flow-y clothes, hurrah! And I like that they have a wide range of models as well, including older ladies.

--------------------
“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence.”
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 6 2010, 03:39 PM
Post #32

Big Fat Bitch

It is even prettier on than it is on the hanger. I wish it came in more colours!

--------------------

+Quote Post
crinoline
post Jun 24 2010, 09:49 AM
Post #33

Hardcore BUSTie

For that sexy secretary within, check out this hawt retro wiggle dress at Modcloth!

Work it, girl!

--------------------
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crinolinecreations Handmade accessories for the SuperCute!

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Mar 26 2010, 05:16 PM
Post #34

Big Fat Bitch

Oh my stars, fat girls, this finally went on sale today Carmen dress/tunic! It's pricier than I'd like, but sooooo beautiful!

And B&Lu added some new stuff for spring, nothing wowed me, but there are a couple cute tshirts.

--------------------

+Quote Post
crinoline
post Feb 25 2010, 02:29 PM
Post #35

Hardcore BUSTie

That Vogue Curvy is awesome, AP! I'm so excited that they're doing that!

For all you vintage lovin' ladies, check out the famously sexy Jantzen Vamp retro bathing suit for half price at Overstock! Last time I checked , it was available in 12, 14, and 16! I looooove the pink, but i had to get red, because it was all they had close to my size (bleh.).

They also have a great selection of items from Kiyonna!

let the shopping commence!

--------------------
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crinolinecreations Handmade accessories for the SuperCute!

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Feb 24 2010, 08:52 PM
Post #36

Big Fat Bitch

Lu of B&Lu fame has launched her own shop Lucielu. Basically the sme types of things they carry at B&Lu with some different styles. I picked up a couple of gorgeous sweaters like this Keela sweater in grass.

Also, Italian Vogue has launched their website & it has a section for the larger ladies, Vogue Curvy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jan 17 2010, 06:35 PM
Post #37

Big Fat Bitch

Fantastic Brit retailer ASOS will be launching their plus line on Friday 22nd January. Gabi over at YFF & Christina at Musings were both sent samples that seem to be over the top cute & comfy, too.

I have had remarkable luck with Brit retailers. I was concerned about buying things I hadn't tried on & dealing with the hassles of international returns, but Dorothy Perkins is awesome. I've not had to return a thing & the sizing seems pretty consistent. I do find Evans' clothes to be kind of frumpy, with the exceptions of the celeb lines of Beth Ditto & Shaka Khan.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jan 7 2010, 01:45 PM
Post #38

Big Fat Bitch

So eShakti had some pretty amazing end of the year deals & I went a little bananas. But. I DIE! I've not yet received all the pieces I ordered, but the ones that have gotten here are simply exquisite. I picked out this off white caftan with pale blue embroidery that I just can't stop touching. So soft, so beautiful, & so special! I'm already looking at spring sandals to wear with it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
eyelet
post Nov 12 2009, 11:26 AM
Post #39

Hardcore BUSTie

Eshakti is insanely cool. I'm going to order a dress and I'll let you know how it turns out. To me this looks like the Anthropologie for the rest of us.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Nov 8 2009, 02:15 PM
Post #40

Big Fat Bitch

Just when I think I cannot love rudder more . . . you are so внушительно

--------------------

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 20, 2014 - 08:55 AM