Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

19 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> caught by the fuzz: to shave or not to shave
shimmergirly
post Oct 23 2006, 09:08 AM
Post #281

Hey Everyone,

Just wondering if we've talked eyebrows yet? Not sure if I'm posting in the correct topic area or not. My apologies if I'm in the wrong spot.

By chance, might anyone have some suggestions for overplucked eyebrows. I accidentally took a chunk out of my right eyebrow. I am super anxious for it to grow back--just wondering how long it takes? I'm terrible with filling my eyebrows in with a pencil. Should I see a makeup professional? I've also read on the web that using Rogaine might help? That seems risky to me for some reason?

My boyfriend says you can't tell I've tweezed these few hairs away, but of course, I can notice. Just wondering if you Busties have done this, etc... thanks SO MUCH!

Shimmergirly
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shades
post Oct 23 2006, 01:43 AM
Post #282

Hm... Well folks, thanks a lot for the tip about growing the hair longer instead of making it shorter. That makes a lot of sense to me, but when I brought it up with the boy, it became clear that his issue is really just dislike of hair in general. Which I guess isn't surprising, since he shaves pretty much all the hair on his body... but still, sort of annoying. Whatever. I told him I hate shaving and probably won't do it, but if he's really so into the idea he can shave me himself, and that probably would be fine. Assuming it doesn't get all irritated and ingrown and shit... hm.

I feel like deleting this whole post because it's so self-absorbed and generally silly! But ah, well, it's an update on the advice I sought, right? wink.gif

+Quote Post
annelise
post Oct 17 2006, 10:24 AM
Post #283

Hardcore BUSTie

i got my epilator, and i'm not sure i'm always using it right--i think i'm breaking some of the hair on my legs instead of pulling it out, because they have a bit of stubble. but i think it's worth it.

i'd heard all sorts of stories about how painful it was--it might be me, but it was only prickly on my legs. so i tried my underarms, and that hurt, but the results were so great it was worth it. then the other night i got really daring and did my bikini line. i trimmed beforehand so it wouldn't be crazy. it wasn't comfortable, but it didn't hurt really, which surprised me. but i did end up with a bunch of reddening/irritation.

i got some irritation on my legs at first too, but now not at all, so i'm hoping it'll be the same for my bikini line. i love being so smooth!

i remember hearing that conditioner can help soften trimmed hair and keep it less prickly, but i haven't tried it myself.

+Quote Post
pepper
post Oct 17 2006, 12:23 AM
Post #284

bunny, just keep going. i found my skin 'toughened up' after a while.

i second (or third?) the longer, fluffier hair. a certain length makes it stick straight out and is it Ever prickly! freshly trimmed can be a bit sharp as well i've found.

good luck!

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Oct 15 2006, 04:54 PM
Post #285

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

sorry for the late update! I took a mild reaction (my reactions normally get progressively work) which was fairy uncomfortable but my own fault as i knew there was a danger of taking a reaction. surprisingly, my legs reacted more than my bikini line. it's a shame as I don't find waxing painful, in fact I find it quite therepeutic; I'll need to find somewhere that does sugaring instead or buy an epilator.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Oct 15 2006, 04:30 PM
Post #286

Hardcore BUSTie

How short do you trim it? Like kalevra said, maybe if you grew it out it would be softer and less prickly. I know that when my boyfriend shaves his balls and it starts to grow back to a certain length, it gets stubbly and rather uncomfortable on my face/mouth when I go down on him.

+Quote Post
shades
post Oct 15 2006, 02:32 PM
Post #287

Hey Kalevra, thanks for the male perspective. I don't think he's trying to avoid going down on me, because he's very much a fan of doing so (both based on what he says and what he does...). I guess it's the wuss hypothesis, then, assuming I don't have some superhuman superstrong pubic hair. Thanks for the tip about keeping the hair longer, not shorter... that makes sense. Maybe we'll try that. He also says it probably wouldn't really be a problem if I didn't move my hips so damn much (bucking and squirming and all that other good stuff that happens when your partner's doing a good job)... but when he's doing things right I don't know if I can help that... !

+Quote Post
Kalevra
post Oct 15 2006, 12:28 PM
Post #288

Hardcore BUSTie

From a guys perspective....I never met a girl with pubic hair that would hurt me...he might be being a wuss, or he is trying to avoid or make excuses not to go down on you!

I have had a goatee most of my adult life, and I have been told more than once that if the hair on my face is too short/stubbly it irritates a partners skin around mouth, on the mountain of love, and sometimes inner thighs. So I keep it just long enough to be 'fluffy' and soft smile.gif maybe you should try that!

...and I have not been down on someone in 4 months now...and talking about it here is as frustrating as not being able to do it sad.gif tongue.gif huh.gif

--------------------
I like to keep a bottle of drink handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy - W.C. Fields

+Quote Post
shades
post Oct 15 2006, 12:07 PM
Post #289

Hi. I have a question:

My boyfriend has issues with my hair for more or less practical reasons: he says that when he goes down on me, the hair there on the mons pubis rubs on his upper lip and is uncomfortable. But what to do about it? It's already trimmed, so I could trim it up more but imagine that wouldn't change things much. I could theoretically shave, but 1.) I hate shaving 2.) I get wicked ingrown hairs 3.) then it would be *me* who's uncomfortable, b/c with no hair to protect me his facial hair stubble would be scratchy scratchy and 4.) it doesn't seem like it would solve much because there would be terrible pokey stubble within a day or two, which would probably feel even worse for him than the hair does. And waxing all that? Not into it, too painful (and expensive). And quitting oral sex altogether? Oh, no!

I also sort of don't feel great about shaving because a dude wants me to. I feel like if his reasons were just aesthetic (hair=ugly) I'd say no. But I do want him to feel comfortable and to enjoy going down on me. (But BTW- is he just being a big baby? I've never had any other partners bring this up.)

So, I guess my question is if y'all have any advice on grooming strategies that would make us both happy. I see that some of you spoke highly of electric shavers, I wonder if that would do the trick-? (But are those pricey?)

+Quote Post
summerbabe
post Oct 8 2006, 03:27 PM
Post #290

BUSTie

Hey bunnyb, how did the waxing go?

I (unknowingly) have a bad reaction to wax too. I went for my first brazilian a couple of days ago, and broke out in red, itchy, swollen hives, felt like an allergic reaction. Gross! Anyone else have this experience?

+Quote Post
_octinoxate
post Oct 3 2006, 10:23 AM
Post #291

Hardcore BUSTie

bunny, if you're had a bad reaction to waxing, my advice is to not do the bikini at all. It's much more sensitive, so you're going to get pain, and potentially other irritation: the first time I bikini waxed, the follicles bled. And a few other times, I got these reddish bruise-type things that lasted for a few days because of the blood vessels that were broken by the waxing. I don't wax the bikini anymore, though I think it's still fine for my legs and underarms if the spirit moves me.

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Oct 3 2006, 09:06 AM
Post #292

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

Think I'm going for my first bikini wax on Thursday. I've had it sugared before but never waxed. I've laso taken a reaction to wax in the past ... does anyone have any advice?

annelise, I've never tried an epilator myself but I've heard good things.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
annelise
post Oct 2 2006, 04:06 PM
Post #293

Hardcore BUSTie

i bought an epilator! i'm sure i'll be posting about how that goes...i'm waiting for it to come in the mail. i'd read elsewhere that if you could handle tweezing a couple of your underarm hairs, you could probably get used to the pain of epilation. seemed manageable to me, and you're supposed to get more used to it with time. i'll see how much patience i have with it meanwhile.

my bf trimmed me this weekend and took off much more than usual on my outer labia--not completely smooth, but really really short. i love it! (and so does he!)

+Quote Post
bella coola
post Oct 1 2006, 06:36 PM
Post #294

BUSTie

Thanks lil' id! I do remember your post(s), and trust your opinion. I just like to get more opinions if available.. the Cleancut is definetly penciled on my shopping list

+Quote Post
little_idiot
post Oct 1 2006, 11:43 AM
Post #295

BUSTie

Bella, you may have seen me post this before, but the Seiko Cleancut is awesome, I wouldn't use anything else, and after trying several different things for ingrown hairs and razor burn, I found PFB Vanish works the best. Of course, switching to the Seiko made the razor burn mostly non-existent but I would still get some ingrowns and the PFB takes care of that.

+Quote Post
bella coola
post Oct 1 2006, 09:54 AM
Post #296

BUSTie

Thanks for the advice pymp - removes more than a blade, that's sweet! Is it the Seiko?

+Quote Post
pympmama1
post Sep 30 2006, 04:36 AM
Post #297

BUSTie

I uses to have the same problem with in grown hairs. Now since I switched to an electric shaver I don't have a problem with razor burn or ingrown hairs. An electric shaver helps with the ingrown hairs. It removes more hair then just a lady bic does. cool.gif

+Quote Post
bella coola
post Sep 29 2006, 10:33 PM
Post #298

BUSTie

Still looking for grooming stats?

I shaved for a little bit and loved being bare, but ohhh it buuurns!!! So now I trim but I'm looking at the electric shaver. Or trimmer... but I need a good solution for my bikini line because I get razor burn/ingrown hairs pretty bad there. And I don't know how I feel about waxing - had a rather traumatic Brazillian attempt. 100% bare boys kind of weird me out, and 100% jungle is just.. too much jungle. Anything in between is aaall good!

+Quote Post
crinoline
post Sep 29 2006, 02:16 PM
Post #299

Hardcore BUSTie

Has anyone here tried Moom?
I've read good things about it, but I'm skeptical about any sugaring product. I tried Nads and it was horrible, sticky, painful and ineffective. I usually use Sally Hansen pre waxed strips (I have fine hair), but I want something with more "oomph" for bikini waxing.
I also looked at GiGi Brazilian wax kit, has anyone used that?

--------------------
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crinolinecreations Handmade accessories for the SuperCute!

+Quote Post
pympmama1
post Sep 29 2006, 03:44 AM
Post #300

BUSTie

I shave ( down there) it is completely bald. I love it. I hate having hair there it feels nasty. I have been shaving there since the first sight of hair there. I would say I have been shaving it for 18 yrs. It is a good feeling.

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 22, 2014 - 09:20 PM