271 Pages V  « < 196 197 198 199 200 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
bvgirl
post Apr 22 2007, 01:01 PM
Post #3941

BUSTie

QUOTE(mfc10 @ Apr 22 2007, 08:29 AM) *
Speaking as a chemistry professor--No! It won't give your vaginal environment the acidic pH it requires for optimal health. The most baking soda will do, with its pH of around 8.0, is act as a buffer; it may drive the pH to neutral (7.0 or so) but it will definitely NOT give you help in getting to the pH range of around 4.0-4.5 that you want. For that, you need things like Aci-jel, RepHresh, Replens, etc. that are specially formulated with the acidic pH. Some Websites advocate using a baking soda douch if your vaginal secretions are "too acidic." I have read (in "The V Book" by Dr. Elizabeth Stewart, a well-respected Ob-Gyn) that it is virtually impossible to have a "too-acidic" vagina.

maggie

I agree with you,like I stated before I started douching at around age 16 and ever since then I have had this bv and ph problems. I have read where they say douching causes more problems and I have also read where if you douch with a product that contains boric acid that it "may" be effective but since I am uneasy with that I just cannot agree wholeheartedly about douching.

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post Apr 22 2007, 11:26 AM
Post #3942

BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ Apr 22 2007, 03:02 AM) *
Here's an update for you. And its not good. [Recap] Over a month ago I was put on Gynazole (one dose treatment that stays in for 7 days) for a yeast infection. On the 10th of this month I was given Clindesse (one dose treatment that stays in for 7 days) for BV and some diflucan as a preventative. Today, the 21st, was day five after I finished the Clindesse. Well, I tried to have sex with my bf for the first time in over a month tonight and it was too painful. Even though I was dripping wet it felt dry and it burned (on the inside). It felt as if he had cotton wrapped around his dick... We went for probably less than five minutes, at an extremely slow pace, and we had to stop...What is going on here? I haven't been to the doctor since I finished the Clindesse so I don't know if I still had the BV (the bv never burned like THIS during sex) or if I have a mild yeast infection. Could the Clindesse have caused some type of dryness or damage to the area??? What could this be? I'm afraid that sex will always be painful. I spent the rest of the evening crying my eyes out on my bf's shoulder. I'm so depressed and hopeless. I'm just so afraid now.

[Edit] I also wanted to add that I started taking grapefruit seed extract internally (about 10 drops in a glass of water 2-3 times per day). Just wanted to let you know incase someone might know if its related or not.

Hello Morphia..

Well to me it sounds like you may just be irritated from using the various products you mentioned. I truly, truly do not believe that you will have to endure this irritation for long. You say that you waited 5 days after completing the products before you had sex maybe you may need to wait a little longer just because of the fact that you have used three different products that just may have irritated you enough that you need to wait longer before you have sex again. As you know irritation is normal and happens to many of us. Try calling the doctors nurse and asking her about how long should you wait since you have been experiencing this inflammation and irritation. I noticed that when I use yeast arrest that I sometimes get irritated and inflammed at times but nothing too bad. Also, I suggest that you schedule an appointment to see your doctor to see if the bv is gone because as you say you do not know if it has or not. For me on the other hand since I have been dealing with bv and the smell off and on for years I know when my bv (as far as the smell and discharge) is gone.

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Apr 22 2007, 07:12 AM
Post #3943

BUSTie

QUOTE(kmfkmb @ Apr 21 2007, 05:15 PM) *
Hi Ladies,

I am wondering if anyone has tried douching with water and baking soda? (http://www.bsu.edu/students/cpsc/article/0,1384,22917-3997-43274,00.html ) I just heard of this and I can't find any other information on it. They say it works to restore the pH. I am using repHresh right now but I am on my first try with it.

Thanks.

Speaking as a chemistry professor--No! It won't give your vaginal environment the acidic pH it requires for optimal health. The most baking soda will do, with its pH of around 8.0, is act as a buffer; it may drive the pH to neutral (7.0 or so) but it will definitely NOT give you help in getting to the pH range of around 4.0-4.5 that you want. For that, you need things like Aci-jel, RepHresh, Replens, etc. that are specially formulated with the acidic pH. Some Websites advocate using a baking soda douch if your vaginal secretions are "too acidic." I have read (in "The V Book" by Dr. Elizabeth Stewart, a well-respected Ob-Gyn) that it is virtually impossible to have a "too-acidic" vagina.

maggie

+Quote Post
Morphia
post Apr 22 2007, 01:45 AM
Post #3944

Hardcore BUSTie

Here's an update for you. And its not good. [Recap] Over a month ago I was put on Gynazole (one dose treatment that stays in for 7 days) for a yeast infection. On the 10th of this month I was given Clindesse (one dose treatment that stays in for 7 days) for BV and some diflucan as a preventative. Today, the 21st, was day five after I finished the Clindesse. Well, I tried to have sex with my bf for the first time in over a month tonight and it was too painful. Even though I was dripping wet it felt dry and it burned (on the inside). It felt as if he had cotton wrapped around his dick... We went for probably less than five minutes, at an extremely slow pace, and we had to stop...What is going on here? I haven't been to the doctor since I finished the Clindesse so I don't know if I still had the BV (the bv never burned like THIS during sex) or if I have a mild yeast infection. Could the Clindesse have caused some type of dryness or damage to the area??? What could this be? I'm afraid that sex will always be painful. I spent the rest of the evening crying my eyes out on my bf's shoulder. I'm so depressed and hopeless. I'm just so afraid now.

[Edit] I also wanted to add that I started taking grapefruit seed extract internally (about 10 drops in a glass of water 2-3 times per day). Just wanted to let you know incase someone might know if its related or not.

+Quote Post
kmfkmb
post Apr 21 2007, 03:58 PM
Post #3945

Hi Ladies,

I am wondering if anyone has tried douching with water and baking soda? (http://www.bsu.edu/students/cpsc/article/0,1384,22917-3997-43274,00.html ) I just heard of this and I can't find any other information on it. They say it works to restore the pH. I am using repHresh right now but I am on my first try with it.

Thanks.

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post Apr 21 2007, 02:03 PM
Post #3946

BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Apr 21 2007, 02:07 PM) *
I am still having major success with the Flagyl Vaginally. Since the Yeast Arrest has Boric Acid in it, I would not be able to use it. I developed a major Rash both on my forehead and arms from the Boric Acid. The rash took approx. 6 months to go away, and has left serious scars on my arms. I had several tests done to find out what was wrong, and they finally said, I had an internal reaction to something. I showed my doctor the Boric, and they couldn't say for sure if it was the boric or not, so I tested it. And when I'm not using it, I have no rash. As soon as I use it again, it comes right back.

So, just wanted to give you all a heads up. The rash wasn't life threatening, just annoying and itchy as crap. So, keep that in mind if you decide to use it.

I'm so happy that we are having such "Good" luck with what we are trying. I can remember all of us a year ago, and how frustrated we all were.

Keep the faith girls!! Without the help of doctors, we are finding our own "Cures"!!

Well, with boric acid some may be allergic to it just like with any other product. If you were you using the boric acid in pure form I believe that may have been the problem. The boric acid you buy from the store may be too strong because it is not mixed with anything. Yeast arrest contains a mixture of boric acid,berberis aquifolium and calendula officinalis,vegetable cellulose and water and so it does not pose a threat like the pure boric acid off the shelf. I have not read anywhere on the directions with yeast arrest where you may develop a major skin rash. There is some irritation
at times but the is from within the vagina nothing major. We all have different reactions to some products. As far as the yeast arrest it is not as potent as the pure form of boric acid so to me there is no need to worry. But if you develop a rash of some sort you should always go to your doctor. It is better to be safe and find another product that will best fit your need.

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Apr 21 2007, 12:50 PM
Post #3947

Hardcore BUSTie

I am still having major success with the Flagyl Vaginally. Since the Yeast Arrest has Boric Acid in it, I would not be able to use it. I developed a major Rash both on my forehead and arms from the Boric Acid. The rash took approx. 6 months to go away, and has left serious scars on my arms. I had several tests done to find out what was wrong, and they finally said, I had an internal reaction to something. I showed my doctor the Boric, and they couldn't say for sure if it was the boric or not, so I tested it. And when I'm not using it, I have no rash. As soon as I use it again, it comes right back.

So, just wanted to give you all a heads up. The rash wasn't life threatening, just annoying and itchy as crap. So, keep that in mind if you decide to use it.

I'm so happy that we are having such "Good" luck with what we are trying. I can remember all of us a year ago, and how frustrated we all were.

Keep the faith girls!! Without the help of doctors, we are finding our own "Cures"!!

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post Apr 21 2007, 05:40 AM
Post #3948

BUSTie

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ Apr 20 2007, 07:55 PM) *
just doing some research and found this, i thought it could be helpful. it's a long process but hey it's worth a try. maybe a long process is better for some people than trying a quick cure. the first step is yeast arrest.

i think i'm going to try this so anyway here's the link, sorry if you've seen it before already.

http://www.rockwellnutrition.com/product.asp?itemid=1208

Great website and products. biggrin.gif Thank you for the information. For all who are using the yeast arrest this website is great and all who may be interested in using this product check it out. It also talks about how long you may have to use the product. Great website.
Thank you for that... biggrin.gif

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post Apr 21 2007, 05:30 AM
Post #3949

BUSTie

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ Apr 20 2007, 07:09 PM) *
thanks bvgirl. i saw it in a health food store near my house so i'll get it from there. but how often do you use it? i read the directions, it says twice a day once in the morning and once at night. do you use it every single day? i wouldn't really want to use something every day but i guess if that works then i'll do it. and does the stuff leak out all day long? thanks for your help smile.gif

What you do is use it twice a day for two weeks. Once in the morning and once in the evening. If the bv cleared up within those two weeks and you have no smell then use it once a day during your period(for me I used it everyday while I was on my period) do this for 4-5 months or 4-5 menstrual cycles as a way of maintaining a balanced ph while on your menstrual cycle. Because if you are like me the bv smell is strongest after my menstrual cycle and so I guess that is why they suggest to use it during your cycle. I have about 4 days left and no smell. I am getting anxious because after the four days I will have to go off of it until next months menstrual cycle so I am a bit nervous about that because it has been workking great while I am on it and so I hope it stays this way. It looks to me that this will be a maintainance program that I will follow since it works so well and so very quickly. Even if it comes back while I have to wait until next months period I will use it before my menstrual. I don't see any harm in that plus since it has been years since I have been without the smell it may just take a while to get my ph somewhat regulated. I am also taking Natures Way Primadophilus so I can get a healthy bacteria count back into my vagina to prevent this bv. It is always good to take a supplement to help with all the out of control bad bacteria that has invaded our tract and vagina. I understand how you feel when you say that you really don't want to use something everyday. I know it has been a long time coming for me with regards to relief so if I have to use it everyday for a while so be it. I know how much of a headache it can be with having to use something everyday but just continue to try it out maybe you will not have to use it everyday after the intital two weeks.
Using it as a preventative during our cycle seems much better to me because afterall we are flowing so the yellow discharge from the yeast arrest is tolerable. laugh.gif

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
lapis
post Apr 20 2007, 09:22 PM
Post #3950

Hardcore BUSTie

oh. wrong thread, sorry!

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post Apr 20 2007, 08:52 PM
Post #3951

BUSTie

QUOTE(persona36 @ Apr 20 2007, 08:32 PM) *
Still doing well with the yeast arrest, I have been using it at bedtime and also morning for 12 days. I believe it began to clear me up about the third day but the reccomendations I have read say to use it up to 2 weeks. I also found that the discharge from the suppository isnt too bad like I thought it would be. If you are still looking for that cure, I reccomend this.

Yes, biggrin.gif I certainly agree with you on the yeast arrest. Again, I know you all may be tired of me stating how great yeast arrest is but I am so happy that it works so well. I hope when any of you decide to try it out that it works well for you too. I fully understand that it is not a cure but at least I can get some relief from that awful smell and although I may have to use it every month or so when and if it comes back well at least I know that it completely rid me of the smell and restored my confidence. It really boost my self image to be able to not have to wear deodorant pads every day to mask the smell. Now I can go panti- less. I feel great. Lets hope it lasts for a reasonable time.... Go ahead ladies and give it a try, it won't hurt...It will help others...

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
persona36
post Apr 20 2007, 07:15 PM
Post #3952

BUSTie

Still doing well with the yeast arrest, I have been using it at bedtime and also morning for 12 days. I believe it began to clear me up about the third day but the reccomendations I have read say to use it up to 2 weeks. I also found that the discharge from the suppository isnt too bad like I thought it would be. If you are still looking for that cure, I reccomend this.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Apr 20 2007, 06:38 PM
Post #3953

Hardcore BUSTie

just doing some research and found this, i thought it could be helpful. it's a long process but hey it's worth a try. maybe a long process is better for some people than trying a quick cure. the first step is yeast arrest.

i think i'm going to try this so anyway here's the link, sorry if you've seen it before already.

http://www.rockwellnutrition.com/product.asp?itemid=1208

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Apr 20 2007, 05:52 PM
Post #3954

Hardcore BUSTie

thanks bvgirl. i saw it in a health food store near my house so i'll get it from there. but how often do you use it? i read the directions, it says twice a day once in the morning and once at night. do you use it every single day? i wouldn't really want to use something every day but i guess if that works then i'll do it. and does the stuff leak out all day long? thanks for your help smile.gif

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post Apr 20 2007, 05:47 PM
Post #3955

BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ Apr 20 2007, 03:36 PM) *

Morphia, this product sounds promising. It says that it is ph balanced and so much more. I believe I may try this one out. Thank you for the information and website.

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post Apr 20 2007, 05:43 PM
Post #3956

BUSTie

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ Apr 20 2007, 06:37 PM) *
ok well i jinxed myself. this morning i had no discharge and now i do. and it's kind of smelly. sad.gif i think it's back. maybe i'll try the yeast arrest next. blahhh i'm so disappointed.

No, you did not jinx yourself. Remember it is all about trial and error. We are all trying to find a product that will help with our bv. Please continue to read this board and research other products. Maybe yeast arrest will work for you. Our bodies are different and so just be patient I know it is hard but you will find relief. Usually, if the smell comes back right away or as soon as you complete the product it usually means that it was not effective enough. Try out yeast arrest and see what it does for you. I believe it has been effective with my bv because of the the boric acid in the suppositories.
Here is the website to purchase the yeast arrest if you do not have it already...

http://www.taoofherbs.com/products/308/Vit...YeastArrest.htm

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Apr 20 2007, 05:20 PM
Post #3957

Hardcore BUSTie

ok well i jinxed myself. this morning i had no discharge and now i do. and it's kind of smelly. sad.gif i think it's back. maybe i'll try the yeast arrest next. blahhh i'm so disappointed.

+Quote Post
Morphia
post Apr 20 2007, 02:19 PM
Post #3958

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey, Bvgirl. What about this stuff? http://www.pharmacyonline.com.au/sebamed-f...0ml-p-6317.html

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Apr 20 2007, 10:23 AM
Post #3959

Hardcore BUSTie

i just wanted to say that for the first time in a veryyy long time, today i am wearing just underwear with no panty liner! i've never been this dry and comfortable. i've always had to wear liners for the discharge but right now i have none. biggrin.gif i didn't do the monistat because i don't really feel itchy anymore. we'll see how i feel today and maybe i will just do it anyway to make sure.

deprime i'm glad yours finally went away. 10 nights though! i guess the flagyl inserted vaginally works just in different amounts for some people.

i inserted the flagyl pills a little over 2 weeks ago and i've been ok since then!

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post Apr 20 2007, 07:26 AM
Post #3960

BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ Apr 19 2007, 12:19 AM) *
Anyone ever heard of Clearly Natural Soaps? I found it at my drugstore while I was waiting for my prescription to be filled. I bought three bars from their Essentials line (all the store carried) which contains...."Nature's nutrients: vegetable glycerine + pure essential oils." Sound good for the girly parts???

Here's a link to their website: http://www.clearlynaturalsoaps.com/

I went on that site and although I have not finished reading it, I read that when we choose to use any products for our kitty it is suggested to use ph balanced(because soap is not and is an irritant) no colors,hypo-allergenic. I have read where products say that they are natural but does not mean it is sensitive enough for our kitty it is best to make sure to read the ingredients. I have been using summers eve from time to time and I am planing to switch to sweetspotslabs products because it is made especially for us women who need to keep our ph balanced and or having problems with other feminine wash products. I do not douche at all I know some may but for me when I started at age 16 and soon after had problems which I believe may had eventually lead to an imbalanced ph. So I will try this sweetspot soon. Here is the website.
http://www.sweetspotlabs.com/?rm=products

Here is an article that you may like to read:
http://www.sweetspotlabs.com/isperfumeirritant.shtml

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 196 197 198 199 200 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 23, 2014 - 05:40 PM