271 Pages V  « < 110 111 112 113 114 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
Bella10
post Jan 17 2008, 09:02 PM
Post #2221

BUSTie

QUOTE(mg86 @ Jan 17 2008, 09:46 PM) *
carriebradshaw - I just started taking fem-dophilus (2 pills daily) for about a week now. I'm having my period now, so I can't really tell, but my hopes are it will be gone after its over! I know, LOL, knock on wood for me too! smile.gif I am really hopeful as well...let me know how it works for you!

What website did you use to order the Fem-dophilus pills?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mg86
post Jan 17 2008, 08:29 PM
Post #2222

BUSTie

carriebradshaw - I just started taking fem-dophilus (2 pills daily) for about a week now. I'm having my period now, so I can't really tell, but my hopes are it will be gone after its over! I know, LOL, knock on wood for me too! smile.gif I am really hopeful as well...let me know how it works for you!

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Jan 17 2008, 04:33 PM
Post #2223

BUSTie

QUOTE(CarrieBradshaw @ Jan 17 2008, 02:24 PM) *
maggie -- did you have success with fem-dophilus? let me know how you are doing on it!!! I'm very hopeful about it! I hope to never have another case of BV ever again!! (LOL, knock on wood.)
Thanks!!

Dr. Reid seems like a great guy!!! If only ever male were that concerned with women's health. wink.gif

So true! I haven't had BV or yeast in 18 months, but I'm doing other preventives along with the Fem-Dophilus. I use SYLK lubricant with a pH of 4.7 every other day and on the other days, I use a little estrogen cream. I also take a B-complex vitamin nearly daily.

Cheers!
Maggie

+Quote Post
guitarhero
post Jan 17 2008, 04:32 PM
Post #2224

Hi, ok, I've been re-taking the combination of echinacea, goldenseal root , vitamin B6 and folic acid daily. I've also been eating loads of natural live yoghurt and have douched with 3% hydrogen peroxide. The BV has completely GONE! And I had it bad.

I will keep you updated. I know it's boring taking so many vitamins everyday but I'd do anything rather than have it back! I keep them with my contraceptive pill so swallow the lot down every morning!

Incase it does return, and you never know with this evil thing, where can I get fem-dophillus please? I'm in the UK

Best wishes xxx

+Quote Post
CarrieBradshaw
post Jan 17 2008, 12:07 PM
Post #2225

BUSTie

maggie -- did you have success with fem-dophilus? let me know how you are doing on it!!! I'm very hopeful about it! I hope to never have another case of BV ever again!! (LOL, knock on wood.)
Thanks!!

Dr. Reid seems like a great guy!!! If only ever male were that concerned with women's health. wink.gif

+Quote Post
ljames
post Jan 17 2008, 10:41 AM
Post #2226

Has anybody every had swollen (and painful) glands in groin area??? I'm on my 6th day of flagyl, smell is gone, still discharging, but have developed swollen glands that are painful only on the left side of my groin. I did an internet search and all I could come up with was that I have an infection or cancer. Any suggestions?

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Jan 17 2008, 02:57 AM
Post #2227

Hardcore BUSTie

what about Kefir ladies? I've been hearing of it in my other message board I visit. Has anyone ever tried it? I'm not even sure what the hell it is LOL But i hear its chock full of probiotics. Let me know.

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Jan 16 2008, 09:59 PM
Post #2228

BUSTie

QUOTE(CarrieBradshaw @ Jan 16 2008, 11:42 AM) *
(BTW, I do not work for Jarrow, I'm just a sufferer like you and have spent probably 100 hours reseraching cures on the internet).

I can vouch for Gregor Reid--we've corresponded in the recent past & he's a real sweetheart --and dedicated to helping women. It's a great product--before they started marketing Fem Dophilus in the US, I had to ask a fellow professor's sister in Austria to send it to me. But it was worth the cost & trouble. wink.gif

Cheers!
Maggie C.

+Quote Post
endless
post Jan 16 2008, 02:44 PM
Post #2229

Just wanted to say hi! I'm a newbie here. I've read many of your stories and trust me...I sympathize! I'm ready to get off this roller coaster. Needless to say, it hasn't been a fun ride. I've had 4 bacterial infections and 2 yeast infections in 9 weeks. I'm headed to a new provider tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed!! So here's my deal. With each bacterial infection, I've only had burning and itching, no discharge or odor. Anyone else have this?? Each time I go in my provider cultures me, looks at the culture under the microscope and tells me that I have bacteria or yeast. The symptoms are exactly the same w/ the yeast infection (no discharge or odor). I'm sure the yeast has been a result of the antibiotics. She has never sent my culture to the lab for confirmation. Is this the norm. I mean, I totally understand her method w/ the first and second infections, but seriously isn't it time to do something different. I've been on flagyl, metrogel (I know, same as flagyl), and clindesse. Each time the infection goes away w/ the antibiotic (or so it seems), but is back in only a few days after completing the meds. I'm married and monogomous (as is my husband) so no I don't need to be tested for STD's again. I mean hello, I didn't go out and pick something up since the last time I was in the office (usually less than 2 weeks ago)! So here's what I'm doing now (doesn't seem to be helping, but I'm continuing w/ it):

Orally I'm taking:
5 billion cfu's of Primadophilus Reuteri daily
Vitamin C Daily
B6 Daily
Vitamin E Daily
Multivitamin Daily

Eating Activia Daily

Used RePhresh last night

So that's my story. Any suggestions, comments, etc???

Thanks for reading!

+Quote Post
ambersienna mari...
post Jan 16 2008, 01:35 PM
Post #2230

BUSTie

wow carrie, thanks.
that link is awesome.

+Quote Post
CarrieBradshaw
post Jan 16 2008, 09:26 AM
Post #2231

BUSTie

BTW - I forgot to mention -- YES, I've been diagnosed with BV by my doctor every time and every time I've been put on MetroGel or the pills -- which in my opinon are the DEVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
CarrieBradshaw
post Jan 16 2008, 09:25 AM
Post #2232

BUSTie

Hi Ladies! I've been lurking for quite some time and I almost want to cry reading your posts. I've been battling BV for about a year and a half. It all started right when I switched to a low dose pill (Yaz). As soon as I went off Yaz, it went away for 9 months, but I just had a bad spell. I'm on Othro Tri Cyclen Lo now which I think is MUCH better than Yaz. Anyways, I've had success with Acidophilus pills. I read that a lot of you haven't -- maybe some women have different bacteria that respond better to those pills??? Anyways, maybe if you are trying, just give them a couple months and see how they work.

BUT, good news, I've been doing a lot of research on Jarrow's Fem-dophilus pills. Seems the makers of them have been studying BV in women for 20 years. I've gotten some and have been using them vaginally and orally. I am feeling really good right now which is probably the best feeling ever because it has been a nightmare feeling wet and itchy and feeling like everytime I go to the bathroom what surprise will be there next???? ya know?? Luckily, my smell never really got bad, which I am thanking God for. smile.gif But all the other symptoms make me want to cry in bed all day. sad.gif

Check out this presentation by the creators of Fem-dophilus. In Chapter 8, he says that BV can be CURED by inserting 2 capsules of the pill daily for 5 days. WOW!!!!!!!!!!! He lines it up next to Metro results and FemD's results are better!!!!! I am amazed. I'm on my first bottle right now so I am hopeful, but like I said I've had success with Acidophilus in the past.

http://www.jarrow.com/Dr-Reid-Start

(BTW, I do not work for Jarrow, I'm just a sufferer like you and have spent probably 100 hours reseraching cures on the internet).

BTW -- things that I've tried that didn't work - changing my diet, RePhresh (RepHresh is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!)

Good luck to you all! I empathize with every one of you. smile.gif

+Quote Post
guitarhero
post Jan 16 2008, 06:56 AM
Post #2233

I've just bought the 3 % hydrogen peroxide douche so will see how I get on, has anyone else tried it?

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Jan 15 2008, 11:27 PM
Post #2234

Hardcore BUSTie

I'd have to agree with YME30 about the acidophilus capsules... they did nothing. Tried the flagyl pills vaginally just to see, and they didnt even dissolve. lol Oh well, back to the drawing board. Im still using my boric acid capsules, actually just filled another batch. My period is tapering off now, so i'll shove a few of those in there for preventative maintenance I guess. All else fails, i'll just have to tough out the metallic taste and nausea for a few days and force this flagyl orally. YUCK!

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
Bella10
post Jan 15 2008, 09:16 PM
Post #2235

BUSTie

QUOTE(yme30 @ Jan 15 2008, 09:53 PM) *
Hi Bella, I can honestly say I have at least 3 bottles of acidopoulous pills. Two are currently in my refrigerator and the other one is in my bathroom cabinet. I got two from Atkins Health Store and the other from Walgreens, I paid alot of money for this crap but they dont work. Is there a specific brand that you buy that really works for you? But to answer your question I didn't take the pills while on the metro but I took them over the past year and it didn't help one bit. I can't recall if I asked you this question before about the brand you take but if I did could you tell me again and has it been working for you?

I don't know if they work for me because I never taken them concurrently with the metro but I am trying it this time. The pills that I buy are Nature's Bounty Extra Strength Probiotic Acidophilus with Pectin. It has 3 billion live cells per capsule. I am going to take two a day while on the metro. I don't know if it will work but it is worth a try I guess. I will do anything. I even ironed all my cotton underwear hahaha I was going to boil them but read that an iron is pretty effective at killing bacteria. Ah well we'll see what happens I have 10 long days on the metro.

+Quote Post
yme30
post Jan 15 2008, 08:36 PM
Post #2236

BUSTie

QUOTE(Bella10 @ Jan 15 2008, 09:44 PM) *
I'm sorry that the BV didn't go away with the metro. Let me know what the Dr says about Tindazole. He will prob prescribe you one more round of meds and then if the BV still doesn't go away he will prob want to see you again. I took my first metro tonight with dinner. The next 10 days are going to stink esp since sat is my friends b-day and the party is at a bar and I can't drink ah well I will have to come up with some excuse. Just out of curiosity did you take the acidopoulous pills with the metro?

Hi Bella, I can honestly say I have at least 3 bottles of acidopoulous pills. Two are currently in my refrigerator and the other one is in my bathroom cabinet. I got two from Atkins Health Store and the other from Walgreens, I paid alot of money for this crap but they dont work. Is there a specific brand that you buy that really works for you? But to answer your question I didn't take the pills while on the metro but I took them over the past year and it didn't help one bit. I can't recall if I asked you this question before about the brand you take but if I did could you tell me again and has it been working for you?

+Quote Post
aramia
post Jan 15 2008, 08:05 PM
Post #2237

Hi All, I can't believe that this forum exists, yay, because I have been all over the internet looking for more info. My nurse practitioner gave me boric acid this last time I was diagnosed with BV, I have been struggling with it for about 9 years off and on. I have only been on antibiotics once, and it came right back. So far the boric acid seems to be working, but I can tell that the BV comes back every time I get my period..is it the tampons, or the blood? Anyway, I have been taking about 4 boric acid suppositories right after my period and it seems to be working. My symtoms are actually not too bad lately, were worse when I was with a woman...but now I am trying to get pregnant. Even though I can't find anything that says that BV can be an issue when trying to get pregnant, it does seem like it is an issue once you become pregnant.

Anyway, any info or advice would be great!

+Quote Post
Bella10
post Jan 15 2008, 07:27 PM
Post #2238

BUSTie

QUOTE(yme30 @ Jan 15 2008, 04:03 PM) *
Hi Bella glad u had fun on your trip. I started to get the metallic taste from the metro so unfortunately I wasn't able to dodge it like I thought. I am all out of metro yet I still have the BV so back to the doctor I go. I called the nurse and asked if the doctor could give me the tindazole she said she didn't know if I would have to come in to be re-examined and she would get back with me to see if the doctor will approve it. I hope so, its my money and my body so whats the big deal, I still have the BV so why not honor my request. Anyway I will keep everyone posted on whats to come, also my pap results should be on the way, I hope it is good news. Bye for now everyone. Be good.

I'm sorry that the BV didn't go away with the metro. Let me know what the Dr says about Tindazole. He will prob prescribe you one more round of meds and then if the BV still doesn't go away he will prob want to see you again. I took my first metro tonight with dinner. The next 10 days are going to stink esp since sat is my friends b-day and the party is at a bar and I can't drink ah well I will have to come up with some excuse. Just out of curiosity did you take the acidopoulous pills with the metro?

+Quote Post
Schmu
post Jan 15 2008, 05:21 PM
Post #2239

Hello all, yes I'm a brand newbie. But, I found this site researching BV. I gotta tell ya, if I could, I'd give you all a great big hug and a fat kiss on the forehead!!! I've had BV "outbreaks" over the years, but NEVER like this. It started out with a smell, almost like cheerios, which Ironically, is what I normally eat. Then it eventually EVOLVED into this awful ammonia smell. It's HORRIBLE. I went to my gyn and she did the ph test and was "normal" but, you know what you know, and this smell was definately not mine. I'm sooooo glad to know that I'm not some type of freak of nature. You girls really eased my mind. So anyway.... has anyone ever taken the oral metro? I've taken it and the odor and discharge went away, but then about a week later, my mences began.... whatdayaknow, it's back again. I'm wondering though, can alcohol make it less effective? Although I'd taken the four pills in one shot, I did a networking event about four days later. Had a couple cosmos... Just wondering. Again, thanks ladies, you brought me back to humanity. lol. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Stranger things have happened to stranger people at stranger times and stranger places, but what's really strange is the normality of it all.

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Jan 15 2008, 03:47 PM
Post #2240

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(guitarhero @ Jan 15 2008, 10:26 AM) *
Anyways a few months ago a friend of mine suggested I try vitamin B6. I did, I also started taking golden root seal and echinacea.
So, the combination of a multi vitamin tablet, an echinacea tablet and a golden root seal have cleared it up. I also put a clove of garlic up there overnight but to be honest I'm not sure that had anything to do with it, I just heard garlic is a natural healer.
I was clear for over a month and it was amazing, nothing at all, no smell or discharge. I didnt have to wear panty liners, something I've had to do for 5 years everyday!

However, I thought I'd risk it and stopped taking the tablets last week, I'm sorry to say 2 days ago it all came back. I'm so annoyed but have started my tablets again in high doses hoping they'll work again!

I'm doing one multivitamin, one B-6, and one B-Complex every day. And one folic acid tablet every other day. And one goldenseal caplet whenever I happen to remember, I guess every other day. I still have the BV, doesn't seem as bad, but I feel like it is at least under control right now.

I find it a bit of a drag to always be remembering to take these supplements. Now I keep a pill box in my handbag so I rememeber. I know no one has said that the Vitamin B has cured their infection other than Jason's wife, but with all the reading I have done on this stuff, I really think that it is helping us in the long run. Out of all the vitamins, I find that Vitamin B is the one that seems to make me feel the best - and I feel it working right away. I actually feel myself calm down when I take it. So I know it is doing something beneficial! It's good for your nerves.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 110 111 112 113 114 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 30, 2014 - 07:42 AM