294 Pages V  « < 213 214 215 216 217 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BustSecret: Ordinary Confessions from Extraordinary Busties
freckleface2727
post Jan 19 2007, 08:40 PM
Post #4281

Hardcore BUSTie

raisin, syb and c h-

" how can I miss you if you don't go away ?" classic line in my 14 year marriage wink.gif
the mr (who is gone yet again) takes in it stride when we are both home for too long a time together.
he knows I love him, but sometimes I love him more from a distance.
and who knows, maybe it's what kept us together all these years? I need a lot of personal space; his job doesn't leave me an alternative w/ as much as he travels.
works for us!

I confess: that while I have never ever been one to drink recreationally alone, this time I am seriously contemplating it and I don't know if it's 'Good you're a Grown Up now' or a ' woman you are sad.' ?

--------------------
I am a *spark* in this world; get lit.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lucizoe
post Jan 19 2007, 08:04 PM
Post #4282

Mr. Flibble's very cross.

My old roommate/friend is in town and wants to have coffee. I really really really really do.not.want. to see her. I grew to really hate her when we were roommates, and that lightened to a hearty dislike afterwards. She knows none of this, as I am a passive-aggressive weenie.

+Quote Post
go_kayte
post Jan 19 2007, 04:58 PM
Post #4283

Hardcore BUSTie

I am secretly feeling abandoned by my friend who is spending most of her time with her new love and I no longer get the twice-daily recap phonecalls. I've been there, I should understand. But I just want some BFF love.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Jan 19 2007, 03:13 PM
Post #4284

(o)(o)

I feel like going to the bar, having a few drinky-poos and flirting my face off. Just because.

I told me former play thing that I was spending the weekend with another man to make him jealous, and there really isn't another mad.I'm just irritated by him. Tremendously.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Jan 19 2007, 06:02 AM
Post #4285

it's cards on the table time

I too love having our place to myself. The mister usually travels up to a week each month, but lately he's been at home all the time for, like, ever. He's off for a few days next week and I'm afraid to say I can't wait.

I'd be just like your friend raisin if it didn't hurt the mister's feelings...

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Jan 18 2007, 08:16 PM
Post #4286

PANTIES! ew.

I like my job, but I hate THE ASS SPREAD. I turn around and look in the mirror and it's like, who the hell does that ass belong to?! I think I have the reverse form of body dysmorphic disorder. I think my body is smaller than it really is. Sitting on my ass most of the day ain't no fun.

Lucizoe, one of my friends is so funny about her husband. She's always joking that he should go away for a week, two weeks, even a month. "Go far away for a long time!" she'll say. I think she likes to have the house to herself, too, and a couple of days or weeks away is nothing when they've been together as long as they have. I think it's natural.

+Quote Post
flanker_ji
post Jan 18 2007, 05:33 PM
Post #4287

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm on the flip side of the aforementioned phone phobias - I love talking on the phone, but I can't stand having to take messages for other people. I've been a receptionist for most of my working years, and since I took messages and stuff for other people all day, I've been loath to do that during my free time.

Working in a women's clothing store also took away my love for shopping for several years.

Funny, huh?

--------------------
"Patience is a virtue, but I don't have the time..."

+Quote Post
lucizoe
post Jan 18 2007, 03:07 PM
Post #4288

Mr. Flibble's very cross.

Me too on the phones. Being a receptionist for a bit made me realize that I'm only uneasy with the phone if it's a call made relating to me in any way. Answering for other people, taking messages, etc., not a problem. I did quit when I started getting an RSI from an unrelated task.

Confession - I hate that I can be such a pushover when it comes to my own health and happiness. I hate that it's not just me, it's a trend among women because we are conditioned to always delay our own needs and put others first.

Confession - Confession 1 is an enormous reason behind my decision to stay non-childed. All that sacrifice does not appeal.

Confession - I am not at all sad that my mother-in-law is actually giving Mr.Luci and I the silent treatment, a la fifth grade playground antics. I laugh in her general direction. We are now taking bets as to how long she will hold out.

Confession - As much as I'm sad for the man that he has to go to France for work at a remarkably inconvenient time, and having to do two long flights almost back-to-back, I'm really looking forward to having a few days to myself. I know it's okay to want alone time, but I still feel guilty. See confession 1.

+Quote Post
ginger_kitty
post Jan 18 2007, 03:03 PM
Post #4289

Hardcore BUSTie

[quote name='culturehandy' date='Jan 17 2007, 05:09 PM' post='128685']

Confession, I think that some of my coworkers are so fucking useless, and I would love to tell them to their face.

I have done that and believe me it will make you feel better, culture!

Confession, I am nervous about going to get my taxes done, tonight. The IRS has been unkind to us in the past.

--------------------
-We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.

-What we think, we become.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Jan 17 2007, 10:52 AM
Post #4290

(o)(o)

(((gumbie))))

Confession, I think that some of my coworkers are so fucking useless, and I would love to tell them to their face.

Confession, I have become obsessed with itunes.

Confession, I love strange facts, especially those about death and sex.

Confession, I go through bust magazine and lounge withdrawl. I love it here so much!

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
gumby_cc
post Jan 17 2007, 10:39 AM
Post #4291

Hardcore BUSTie

My milkshake: I quit a job once because of the stress of answering the phone was too much for me to handle. That would really be a great class to take, sort of like public speaking but for phones. I'd sign up.

confession: I'm not cut out to be a bridesmaid and regret saying yes to my engaged friend, even though she is really low maintenance.

second confession: I'm really lonely because my boyfriend is obsessed with his artwork. Even when we spend time together he is emotionally absent.

+Quote Post
mymilkshake
post Jan 15 2007, 02:39 AM
Post #4292

I have not post a message in months in the lounge, but this thread is excellent..

I read most of the thread, is so liberating, i can relate to so many of you (hey, I saw a website some time ago that features post cards with confessions written on them from different people in the world.. i cannot remember the website, i will come back to post it later, probably all of you have seen it already..)

my confession today: I read in some old posts about fear of the phone.. I hate to answer or speak on the phone at work so much it causes me stress and it is an actual obstacle for my performance at work. I think it is a combination of not speaking perfect english (not my native language) and being afraid that my coworkers realize I really don't know what I am doing at work. I will try to communicate strictly by email and I wonder if there is a class on phone protocol..

+Quote Post
wombat
post Jan 14 2007, 04:41 PM
Post #4293

Dragon Velocity

Scary and fun! They will ask you to verify that you wrote it (to avoid pranks) and then, seeing your name in print is great!

Congratulations!

--------------------
Lion-hearted

+Quote Post
freckleface2727
post Jan 14 2007, 03:52 PM
Post #4294

Hardcore BUSTie

I confess that I just submitted a writing piece to the local paper here in town and am now freaking out.

I sent it to the Opinions Editor, w/ a note asking that if this is not the appropriate place to please direct it otherwise if it wasn't too much trouble.

It's a good piece, I know it is, the mr read it and deemed it beautiful and while yes he's my mr he is also one tough cookie as a critic.

oy vey. it's like leaving your child at school on their first day.

!!!!!!!

--------------------
I am a *spark* in this world; get lit.

+Quote Post
wombat
post Jan 12 2007, 04:00 PM
Post #4295

Dragon Velocity

Ye know, I think it's lovely to think you are lovely, cause when I've known women who have said "I'm so muggly!" they have usually ended up being catty.

have fun with it.

--------------------
Lion-hearted

+Quote Post
erinjane
post Jan 11 2007, 11:33 PM
Post #4296

Hardcore BUSTie

culture, I do that all the time. I've grown to accept my vanity, because dammit, i'm hot! tongue.gif

confession: i really really really want my mom right now. (She's in florida till the 22nd)

--------------------
I Could Tell You Stories That Would Make Your Ears Curl

+Quote Post
Beauty & her...
post Jan 11 2007, 08:58 PM
Post #4297

Hardcore BUSTie

missladyj: KEEP IT UP! You're doing awesome. Enjoy smelling like a shower loooooong after you shower. Something that helped me was a) comit lozenges and cool.gif I went out and bought myself a fancy shampoo and soap so i would have incentive to not smoke myself up.

confession: I did slip up today though. I had an all day training for work and after the first 3 hours we were out of coffee and tea. I was dying and it helped keep me awake...but i tasted like a smoke house the rest of the meeting. yuck.

Madame of the Pug Puppies: we were totally eying up the liberator....buuuuuut...i'm living with my parents to save money right now and he's in college, which means he's home for the summer. I don't know how long i could pass the liberator off as "stretching equipment" (especially the one with the restraints built in...mmmmmm) And I know what you mean about the leg cramps. those are the worst! you can't do anything but laugh. the worst is when you're 'stuck' in the position and have to unhook and buckle. what a pain.

--------------------
-Beck

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Jan 11 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #4298

(o)(o)

I confess; I am really vain. I went out to the bar last weekend, and I kept on looking in the vanity mirror (how appropriate a name), and thought "fuck, I am so fucking gorgeous". Then I realized how bitchy I sounded.

--------------------

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Jan 11 2007, 05:59 PM
Post #4299

Hardcore BUSTie

I quit smoking and went on a diet at the same time. Did a nine day detox ( just no meat, cheese, white flour, fast food, alcohol etc) it was alot of brown rice, veggies fruit and beans but I am TOTALLY JONESING FOR A SMOKE! I just want one, one cigarette.

Hubby and I are doing it together. the one thing I have found is that the detox has made me really really horny, not a bad side effect.

so far no cigarettes in like 11 days even had my friends over for a poker game and two of them smoke. I somehow managed to not have a cigarette.

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jan 11 2007, 09:14 AM
Post #4300

new highs in personal lows daily!

goddamn you, lmpugs! now i have to go to work knowing that you've posted but i can't see it till i get home! (i have a no-bust lounge policy at work) argh! you are such a tease... oh and i love it....tongue.gif
can't wait!!!!

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post

294 Pages V  « < 213 214 215 216 217 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 1, 2014 - 06:41 PM