Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
Morphia
post Aug 9 2010, 06:19 PM
Post #481

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm just going to say this again

VITAMIN D AND RELAGARD

Make sure your magnesium intake is good as well. Vitamin D and magnesium need each other.

VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY IS SCIENTIFICALLY LINKED TO BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS/VAGINITIS.

I had a d deficiency and since I started getting treatment for it my BV has gotten 50 times better. I expect that when my level is good it will be totally gone.

It just blows my mind that after a couple of years I come back here and see that the same methods are still being used. Boric acid, metrogel, clindamycin, etc... The hell in your vaginas is directly related to what is going on inside of your bodies.

Get your vitamin d level tested. Most ppl in the US are vitamin d deficient because of the skin cancer scare bullshit that's been pulled for so many years now. 15 minutes a day in the sun WITHOUT SUNBLOCK WILL NOT KILL YOU and you may find that your vagina will thank you for it.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
yme30
post Aug 6 2010, 07:02 PM
Post #482

BUSTie

QUOTE(lavender123 @ Aug 5 2010, 08:55 PM) *
Oh my gosh I am soooo grateful I found this forum. I cannot even tell you how embarrassing this situation has been for me. And I don't talk about it with nearly anyone except my best friend who can't really sympathize. I have had chronic BV/YI/Vaginitis/Cervicitis/Whatever the doctor wants to call it for 4 years now. I've been to several professionals and the last time I went (2 months ago), the Doctor (who is EXCELLENT) said he didn't see anything wrong!!! Then why do I have this horrible heavy discharge/itchiness if it's nothing? I refuse to believe that something is not going on.

It all started once I started having sex with my boyfriend without protection. I have been tested for every STD and had so many paps in the past four years it's not even funny- and everything is negative.

I saw this forum yesterday and I immediately went and bought acidophilus & folic acid. I took 4 billion acidophilus today and 800mg folic acid. I'm going to continue taking these vitamins and hope that I see some progress. Luckily my current boyfriend of 2 and 1/2 years is somewhat understanding of the condition. He just wants me to find help for my own sanity!

Thanks for all of your courage in telling your stories. I feel so much less alone.

Welcome to the forum and you are not alone because millions of women are suffering just like us unfortunately. I was on metrogel for one week didn't do a thing. I called my Gyno and now they want me to take a pill two times a day for the next seven days. I have to go to the pharmacy to see what it is because she left the message on my phone. I hope its not metro pills because I tried it before and it gives me awful side effects and it doesn't work either. I hope this works, stay strong and best of luck to you. Keep us posted.

+Quote Post
lavender123
post Aug 5 2010, 07:55 PM
Post #483

Oh my gosh I am soooo grateful I found this forum. I cannot even tell you how embarrassing this situation has been for me. And I don't talk about it with nearly anyone except my best friend who can't really sympathize. I have had chronic BV/YI/Vaginitis/Cervicitis/Whatever the doctor wants to call it for 4 years now. I've been to several professionals and the last time I went (2 months ago), the Doctor (who is EXCELLENT) said he didn't see anything wrong!!! Then why do I have this horrible heavy discharge/itchiness if it's nothing? I refuse to believe that something is not going on.

It all started once I started having sex with my boyfriend without protection. I have been tested for every STD and had so many paps in the past four years it's not even funny- and everything is negative.

I saw this forum yesterday and I immediately went and bought acidophilus & folic acid. I took 4 billion acidophilus today and 800mg folic acid. I'm going to continue taking these vitamins and hope that I see some progress. Luckily my current boyfriend of 2 and 1/2 years is somewhat understanding of the condition. He just wants me to find help for my own sanity!

Thanks for all of your courage in telling your stories. I feel so much less alone.

+Quote Post
yme30
post Jul 31 2010, 11:25 PM
Post #484

BUSTie

Hi everyone, hope everything is looking up for you guys. Anyway I went to my Gyno for my pap and this gross infection. This time she gave me the metrogel and four refills. I am on day 3 and no let up just yet. Has anyone been on antibiotics this long before? Is this the norm for stubborn BV? Will this possibly end the on-going BV battle. I know, I know, WHY NOT ASK YOUR DOCTOR?!!? I did and she basically told me what I wanted to hear, but I want to hear it from personal experiences so do tell. Bye all

+Quote Post
bunny
post Jul 30 2010, 07:32 AM
Post #485

QUOTE(bunny @ Jul 14 2010, 11:19 PM) *
Hey ladies, I've read through a large chunk of this thread and I'm so sorry to hear that you're all suffering. BV is a horrible, horrible thing. Anyways, I found what works for me and hopefully it works for you as well. I do a hydrogen peroxide douche before bed, and then I insert a probiotic capsule inside. Every night after that, I continue to insert a probiotic capsule. For me, all symptoms instantly disappeared. I'm going to continue with the insertation of the probiotics for another month (that will make it 2 in total), and then I think I will be cured (hopefully). There is no quick fix for bv, as I'm sure you're all well aware. You have to build enough good bacteria (which the probiotics do) in order to eliminate the bad.

OOOKKK so this didn't work. The day after I wrote it, I got a yeast infection and then it all started again. I was so upset, so I went to a health store asap and got iron supplements, probiotics, braggs apple cider vinegar and vitamin c.

- probiotic:
http://www.yourethecure.com/cart.php?targe...p;product_id=60

- iron supplement easyIron by platinum:
iron 18 mg
folic acid 800 mcg
b12 1000 mcg
vitamin c 50 mg
b6 25 mg

- vitamin c
1000 mg

- braggs apple cider vinegar w/ "the mother"

I do a shot of apple cider vinegar every morning, take 2 probiotics, 3 vitamin cs, take an iron pill at morning and night. I got so discouraged at first because the symptoms were still there, but I continued with my plan. The man at the health store said it would take at least a week before I saw any results. Well it's been 15 days and my discharge is completely normal, and the "smell" is extremely minor. It gets lighter and lighter every day and I'm sure that with the continuation of my system, it will go away. So please ladies, if you plan on starting with vitamins/probiotics/ etc ... please be patient!!!!! because it takes time!! don't get discouraged!!!!!! I'm so happy I listened and stuck to it!!!!!!!!!! I will keep everyone posted with my progess.

+Quote Post
yupidupi
post Jul 17 2010, 10:48 AM
Post #486

hey i was just wondering if any one here has been tested for a hormonal imbalance ? i believe bv in many cases could be caused by a hormonal imbalance. has any one taken macafem? it is supposed to balance your homones naturally u can order it at www.macafem.com I am going to try that and keep u guys posted

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Jul 15 2010, 04:48 PM
Post #487

BUSTie

QUOTE(bosslady @ Jul 13 2010, 03:40 PM) *
I been reading about the boric acid and sounds pretty interesting. I have already purchase it at a nearby drug store. Humco Boric Acid Power is the one I have. Now from what I have read so far sound like you ladies or purchasing a capsule to put the boric acid in to make a suppository for the vagina. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

Where do you get the capsule from?
How many do you apply and how often?

...Somebody pls help

Hi--You can purchase empty gelatin (or vegetarian) capsules at healthfood stores. Carefully fill a capsule with the boric acid. Don't put your fingers in your mouth until you have washed off any boric acid residue. It is poisonous if ingested orally. I usually use a bit of vaginal lubricant on the filled capsule, then insert it vaginally. Don't use it if you have any cuts or open sores on/in your vaginal area. Even though it is an acid, it will feel soothing as it melts inside. I did the 14-nights-in-a-row method (inserting one capsule per night). Wear a panty liner after inserting, since when it all melts, it'll work its way out as a discharge. My gynecologist had a compounding pharmacy make the capsules up for me using boric acid plus powdered acidophilus. We used 300 mg. of boric acid instead of the 600 mg. advocated in the US. (Europeans use just 300 mg.) It worked like a charm. You might want to supplement with FemDophilus probiotic, orally or vaginally, in order to not kill off too much good bacteria along with the BV bacteria.
I did this treatment & have been BV free for 4 years now. (I use a smidgen of Estrace estrogen cream 3 times per week & take a FemDophilus nearly every day to maintain...).
All the best,
Maggie C. smile.gif

+Quote Post
bunny
post Jul 14 2010, 10:19 PM
Post #488

Hey ladies, I've read through a large chunk of this thread and I'm so sorry to hear that you're all suffering. BV is a horrible, horrible thing. Anyways, I found what works for me and hopefully it works for you as well. I do a hydrogen peroxide douche before bed, and then I insert a probiotic capsule inside. Every night after that, I continue to insert a probiotic capsule. For me, all symptoms instantly disappeared. I'm going to continue with the insertation of the probiotics for another month (that will make it 2 in total), and then I think I will be cured (hopefully). There is no quick fix for bv, as I'm sure you're all well aware. You have to build enough good bacteria (which the probiotics do) in order to eliminate the bad.

+Quote Post
tootsieroll
post Jul 14 2010, 09:36 AM
Post #489

QUOTE(antonia @ May 6 2010, 03:51 PM) *
Hi everyone, I too am a BV sufferer. I have utilized this thread for so much information : ) Thank you everyone, for sharing. I am writing with an update. I have been BV free for over a year now! I posted way back on 2/25/2009, reporting the following:
It has been over a year and I have been able to eliminate almost everything on the list. All I do now is right after my period, if I notice any increased wetness I do a "ph treatment". Which for me is the Astroglide Gel, administered through the oral syringe. You can put it in there on a sex toy or finger, but it is not as effective in getting the full "dose" to stay in ... but way more fun ; )

For about 2 months I did everything on that list, then I eliminated the ph strips (I was able to tell if I had a ph imbalance by the increased wetness). Then after about 3 more months I stopped the post sex ph treatments. Then after a few more months I stopped the folic acid (well there's 400mcg folic in my multivit that I try to remember daily). A few months after that I stopped the fem wash opting for water only with the occassional femwash if I want it.
  • So, all I have to do now is be aware after my period for increased wetness, if I get that symptom I do a ph treatment (Astroglide Gel). Lately, this ph treatment has only been necessary every other month or so.
I don't even remember the last time I had BV odor. I am so happy ... hope this helps someone else since it is so cheap and easy to get my "ph treatment".

I've wanted to try a more natural or organic lube, but this has worked so well I don't want to try anything else. If you wanted to try another lube, test it's ph (the Astroglide gel is ph4) and consistency. Since the one I use is a gel, it is thicker which may be a contributing factor.

Hey i want to try your method and was wondering what the astroglide gel is. i know it just as regular lubricant and wouldnt think that helps against BI

+Quote Post
bosslady
post Jul 13 2010, 02:40 PM
Post #490

I have been having BV and yeast problems since I was pregnant with my first son 2004. I'm so sick and tired of running to the Dr. every other month with this. I been reading about the boric acid and sounds pretty interesting. I have already purchase it at a nearby drug store. Humco Boric Acid Power is the one I have. Now from what I have read so far sound like you ladies or purchasing a capsule to put the boric acid in to make a suppository for the vagina. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

Where do you get the capsule from?
How many do you apply and how often?

I was told you could take the boric acid an create a home your home douche (boric aid) and water

I was told by the Dr. a month ago that I had BV she gave me antibiotics to take. I started feeling better, but all of a sudden things seem to be getting worse. Now my cycle has been spotting for about 3weeks off and on. It smells so bad....Somebody pls help

+Quote Post
LauraLynn
post Jul 6 2010, 11:09 PM
Post #491

BUSTie

Hi BUST ladies...just checking in to see if anyone has found a miracle cure. lol Oh well, a girl can dream, can't she?

I'm still struggling with the BV, and so far nothing I've tried has worked permanently. I read with interest the folic acid/Fem-D (I think?) combo post, and may try that next payday.

I went overseas to work in August, 2008, and even not having sex until my vacation in May, 2009, didn't stop the BV from making my life hell. I changed my diet, lost almost 40 pounds, etc and so forth, and STILL cheesed and oozed and smelled bad the whole damn time. Now that I'm back in the US and living with my fiance', and of course having frequent sexual activity, it's driving me nuts.

I am lucky in that my fiance' was willing to educate himself about BV and is very understanding and not the least bit judgmental, but it still bothers me greatly that I can't rid myself of this burden.

Anyway, I finally remembered that I had signed up here and came back to see what was going on. Thank you ladies for sharing your experiences with the world. I, for one, appreciate all of you.

Laura

--------------------
Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.
Timothy Leary

+Quote Post
yme
post Jul 5 2010, 09:12 PM
Post #492

BUSTie

I hope you are still hanging in there better yet I hope you are well by now. I use boric acid but didn't work for me hope all goes well for you. I cant remember if my doc said to use it during my cycle or not but I do recall the Doctor telling me to use the antibiotic cream for seven days straight even on my cycle. I guess they are both the same and should be used straight through but I'd double check with the Doc. Keep us posted. Good health to you and Welcome!!!!

+Quote Post
yme
post Jul 5 2010, 09:11 PM
Post #493

BUSTie

QUOTE(jpeb808 @ Jul 1 2010, 07:28 PM) *
So I cant believe Im actually posting to one of these forums. I have been reading them for the last 3 years and Im finally going to do it. It so encouraging to know that other women stuggle with this as much as I do. I work in the healthcare/clinical industry and let me tell you...that still doesnt help me. I am about to embark on the boric acid suppository treatment once at bedtime for 2 weeks.

BV and YI have been part of my life for way too long. Im tired, emotional, fed up, and thankful to have a boyfriend that understands that us not having sex when these break outs happen, is not because im not in the mood....its because these infections are assholes!

The last straw....I have been at the ob/gyn 6 times in the last two months dealing with infections and negative tests of pretty much everything under the sun and more. Last visit we talked about vulvodynia, pretty crappy burning sensation. They gave me some lidocaine jelly to stop the pain and to help with intercourse. Well, its a week before my period and my symptoms are a firey hell. Of course, I get an infection with the onset of each menstrual cycle every month. So Im trying the boric acid, have a follow up with my doc in 4 weeks. Nervous abou the boric acid, is it safe to use while menstrating? I take probiotics everyday, eat yogurt everyday, clean well, no soaps, blah blah blah.

So here we go...wish me luck

I hope you are still hanging in there better yet I hope you are well by now. I use boric acid but didn't work for me hope all goes well for you. I cant remember if my doc said to use it during my cycle or not but I do recall the Doctor telling me to use the antibiotic cream for seven days straight even on my cycle. I guess they are both the same and should be used straight through but I'd double check with the Doc. Keep us posted. Good health to you and Welcome!!!!

+Quote Post
jpeb808
post Jul 1 2010, 07:28 PM
Post #494

So I cant believe Im actually posting to one of these forums. I have been reading them for the last 3 years and Im finally going to do it. It so encouraging to know that other women stuggle with this as much as I do. I work in the healthcare/clinical industry and let me tell you...that still doesnt help me. I am about to embark on the boric acid suppository treatment once at bedtime for 2 weeks.

BV and YI have been part of my life for way too long. Im tired, emotional, fed up, and thankful to have a boyfriend that understands that us not having sex when these break outs happen, is not because im not in the mood....its because these infections are assholes!

The last straw....I have been at the ob/gyn 6 times in the last two months dealing with infections and negative tests of pretty much everything under the sun and more. Last visit we talked about vulvodynia, pretty crappy burning sensation. They gave me some lidocaine jelly to stop the pain and to help with intercourse. Well, its a week before my period and my symptoms are a firey hell. Of course, I get an infection with the onset of each menstrual cycle every month. So Im trying the boric acid, have a follow up with my doc in 4 weeks. Nervous abou the boric acid, is it safe to use while menstrating? I take probiotics everyday, eat yogurt everyday, clean well, no soaps, blah blah blah.

So here we go...wish me luck

+Quote Post
hopeful143
post Jun 28 2010, 12:16 PM
Post #495

Take my word as someone who has been battling this miserable curse for the past 2 and half years! I would go to the gyn and cry to them, and they would just tell me the same thing..to pick up a prescription of mterogelor clandisse, flagyl etc etc etc blah blah blah. None of that stuff is permanent bc it is killing the bad and GOOD bacteria. NO GOOD! Your problem is back in a matter of weeks if not days. I, like everyone other female that suffers this hell researched all the time googling cures and treatments going on blogs to see if there were any natural remedies...I tired a bunch. It wasn't until last year that I tried a different type of probiotic called kyo-dophilus that I stopped getting those infections. The first time I tried it I would take 2 capsules a day (sometimes 3 becasue I really wanted to see if it would work) And I would open one up and empty the powder vaginally as well. After a day, I already starting noticing the difference. It was still itchy and there was still a slight smell, but I continued and after a week It was completely gone!!! THANK GOD! I would continue taking it for another week, and after while I would become cocky and not take them anymore. About 8 months later I started getting symptoms again and immediatley started taking the probiotics again and they would disseaper withing a few days. The MAIN trick I believe is inserting it vaginally for quicker healing. I noticed if I just took it orally, The symptoms wouldnt go away as quickly. I would only insert max 3 capsule (the powder of course, i never inserted the whole capsule) whenever I had symptoms.

I am SO SO SO glad I can come on here and share my success cure with everyone, bc for years I was coming on here and everytime, I said to myself I couldnt wait for the day till I can come on here and share something that actually works!!

kyo-dophilus!!! Wooo biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
yme
post Jun 18 2010, 09:36 AM
Post #496

BUSTie

QUOTE(Iamtrouble @ Jun 17 2010, 06:34 AM) *
Thanks Yme. So u say u have tried the boric acid?? I am thinking of trying it...Im hoping I can figure this out...Im soooo sick of it...it only started when I changed partners..never had this problem before.

Hi. I tried boric acid early last year and it was a total mess, it didn't work for me. But please dont let that discourage you, it just might work for you. I dont understand why nothing ever works for me I must have the MOST severe case of BV in the world and I truly mean it. My gyno gave me a script for Boric Acid but I have read you can buy it over the counter or online, I never done it before and I dont know how true it is but if you wish to save a few dollars going to the doctor do some research on Boric Acid online. Keep healthy.

+Quote Post
Iamtrouble
post Jun 17 2010, 02:16 PM
Post #497

QUOTE(Vega @ Jun 17 2010, 01:30 PM) *
You mentioned it started when you changed partners, have you had a regular check up to make sure it's not something else? Or is your doctor the one who diagnosed you with BV? Have you tried any antibiotics to try to kill whatever bacteria is causing it? Have your tried changing bath soaps and shampoos to make sure you aren't irritating or complicating the matter?

ive been checked for everything!!!! it all comes back negative...doc has said i have BV and have been on meds for almost 2 yrs. i have not tried to change bath soaps..only becuz i have used that way before my new partner and never had this...so im really not sure what to think!

+Quote Post
Vega
post Jun 17 2010, 01:30 PM
Post #498

QUOTE(Iamtrouble @ Jun 17 2010, 07:34 AM) *
Thanks Yme. So u say u have tried the boric acid?? I am thinking of trying it...Im hoping I can figure this out...Im soooo sick of it...it only started when I changed partners..never had this problem before.

You mentioned it started when you changed partners, have you had a regular check up to make sure it's not something else? Or is your doctor the one who diagnosed you with BV? Have you tried any antibiotics to try to kill whatever bacteria is causing it? Have your tried changing bath soaps and shampoos to make sure you aren't irritating or complicating the matter?

--------------------
Allie Vega, Private Health Insurance Advisor

+Quote Post
Iamtrouble
post Jun 17 2010, 06:34 AM
Post #499

+Quote Post
yme
post Jun 16 2010, 09:08 PM
Post #500

BUSTie

Hi everyone. Where is everyone? This board use to be so popular now its just flat out dead, can someone please bring her back to life???

Anyway, I still have BV and its depressing I am looking for new meds or remedies to try instead of the usual Flagyl or boric acids, probiotics, tea-tree oil, and vitamins. I have tried it all and nothing seems to work.

Any new findings about BV and potential cures. Please share if you can. Thanks to everyone and may God bless you all.

ps. Hang in there Lisa hopefully we can get rid of this monster soon.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 27 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 1, 2014 - 08:05 AM