Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Whatever IT is!...the ebay thread
humanist77
post Sep 21 2009, 03:03 PM
Post #1

belligerently lazy

The BEST way for an American to travel in other countries tongue.gif

--------------------
I pledge allegiance to and wrap myself in the flag of the United States Against Anything Un-American and to the Republicans for which it stands, two nations, under Jesus, rich against poor, with curtailed liberty and justice for all except blacks, homosexuals, women who want abortions, Communists, welfare queens, treehuggers, feminazis, illegal immigrants, children of illegal immigrants, and you if you don't watch your step.
-Matt Groening, Life in Hell
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 19 2009, 01:24 AM
Post #2

Big Fat Bitch

I have been limiting my ebay habit because it could easily get out of control. But the rush. The RUSH of a good deal! I went on idly yesterday looking for a gift for my auntie's birthday & found the perfect thing, it was a SUPER low-ball "get your attention" price. I tested the waters, realized I was up against a couple nibblers. I wanted it. I came, I saw, I sniped. I got a $150 MSRP item for $52 including S&H. I also got a $95 MSRP item from the same seller for $38. I LOVE YOU, eBay!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
olivarria
post May 30 2009, 10:23 PM
Post #3

Hardcore BUSTie

Sorry about that - My item is no longer on eBay, but here are the correct links:

http://sanmarcos.craigslist.org/art/1187294060.html

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25648145

Thanks for looking! Olive

--------------------
"There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." -Anais Nin

+Quote Post
girl_logic
post May 25 2009, 06:58 AM
Post #4

Hardcore BUSTie

Olive your links aren't working for me.

--------------------
There are years that ask questions and years that answer. - zora neale hurston

+Quote Post
olivarria
post May 24 2009, 10:21 PM
Post #5

Hardcore BUSTie

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but here I go....

Hello Ladies -
I’m selling a like-new Print Gocco Kit for Paper & Cloth (silkscreening kit). If anyone's interested, please visit:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5595464or

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=110394242291

Thanks! xo Olive

--------------------
"There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." -Anais Nin

+Quote Post
lananans
post May 16 2009, 02:50 PM
Post #6

Hardcore BUSTie

Foryoursplendor -- http://www.cyclopsds.com/cgi-bin/cyclods/e...yclodsevolution -- that's the one that I have, it works really well!

girl - those are really cute!

+Quote Post
girl_logic
post May 16 2009, 02:07 PM
Post #7

Hardcore BUSTie

These are so adorable http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...em=230342156703

--------------------

+Quote Post
foryoursplendor
post Apr 27 2009, 09:35 AM
Post #8

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lananans @ Apr 23 2009, 01:35 PM) *
You can get a mod card and download games for it, so it can actually be quite cost efficient as well!

What! I did not know this, but thanks for telling me! I am SOOO going to get into this.

+Quote Post
girl_logic
post Apr 25 2009, 09:55 AM
Post #9

Hardcore BUSTie

I hope it's turned out well for you Lananans, I know that can all be such a pain.

My closet is bursting at the seams so I've listed a lot of new never worn dresses and I'll be adding things over the next few days. I'll probably be listing comics and old issues of Bust and Bitch in the next few weeks as well. My stuff is here ---> Corner Market

I have a bunch of collectable kitchy stuff, but I haven't decided what to do with it. Spring cleaning is hard!

--------------------

+Quote Post
girl_logic
post Apr 24 2009, 02:10 PM
Post #10

Hardcore BUSTie

Lananans it could be a customs thing, but if you haven't got it yet I think you should start an "Item not received" claim through Paypal - i think the deadline to do that is 45 days? I'm not sure. When the item arrives you can stop the claim, or if you get a refund and then it arrives you can pay the seller again through Paypal. I'd start a claim and explain to the seller that you just don't want to miss the deadline for doing that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lananans
post Apr 23 2009, 01:35 PM
Post #11

Hardcore BUSTie

Do it foryoursplendor! I got one for Valentine's Day from my bf and it's awesome. I play it all the time. You can get a mod card and download games for it, so it can actually be quite cost efficient as well!

Now I have an ebay problem. I bought a pair of jeans on March 20th and still haven't received them! The seller sent me a message saying they were shipped, but that was at the beginning of April and I still haven't received them. I just sent her a message asking if there is a tracking number, because I'm worried they might have gotten lost. It's very frustrating!

+Quote Post
foryoursplendor
post Apr 20 2009, 08:11 AM
Post #12

Hardcore BUSTie

Holy Crap, I want a pink Nintendo DS lite so badly! I'm just getting on ebay as soon as I get home.

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Apr 3 2009, 01:56 AM
Post #13

cryostat bitch

eeeek~ I just spent an ungodly amount on an antique Coke machine. One like this, the v-81A. It's in pretty pristine condition too.

I'm calling it an investment. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. tongue.gif

(I'm actually thrilled, because when I was a kid my parents had a little store and we had one of these machines...us kids drew straws for it and I lost to my republican brother)

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
lananans
post Mar 26 2009, 05:56 PM
Post #14

Hardcore BUSTie

Encasing things in bubble wrap like woah is pretty much my ebay shipping philosophy.

...I sold my external hard drive! Sixty more dollars for me, woohoo!

+Quote Post
vixen_within
post Mar 26 2009, 10:59 AM
Post #15

Hardcore BUSTie

Good luck lady!
It shipped great, encased in bubble wrap like woah.

--------------------
you cannot erase the reality of me

+Quote Post
lananans
post Mar 24 2009, 10:06 AM
Post #16

Hardcore BUSTie

I just bought a pair of jeans on Ebay - they're the same design as this one pair that my mother has, but I can't find in the store anymore. Must be last season or something, but I should have them soon!

I'm thinking I'm going to put a couple things up on Ebay today. I sold my old iPod last week, and made $90! I got a blackberry with a good music player, so just didn't need it anymore.

I like the watches I see on ebay - I'm just afraid that they won't fit once I get them - I have thick wrists, unfortch.

vixen - did that item ship okay?

+Quote Post
vixen_within
post Mar 15 2009, 08:30 PM
Post #17

Hardcore BUSTie

Crinoline, I don't know if you read this thread, but this makes me think of "you" for some reason http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...A:IT&ih=012

--------------------
you cannot erase the reality of me

+Quote Post
starship
post Feb 20 2009, 06:35 PM
Post #18

Hardcore BUSTie

i bought one of theeese eyeshadow sets because this youtuber (panacea81) always raves on about them and when she uses it the effects are always really great and bold. i'm sceptical. i've bought unbranded makeup before when money's been tight/got bored in the supermarket, and its always abit poop. like the colours are all wishywashy then you step out in a slight breeze and whoosh, no more eyeshadow. this probably shoulda gone in the beautiful thread...

i also bought a dress that i was totally in loveee with. id seen it in a shop but they didnt have my size left so i was overjoyed when i found a brand-new, my-sized, cut-priced one on ebay. then it got 'lost in the post' (that old chesnut). gutted. got a refund but i still woulda preferred my dress:(

i also bought this geeky/granny-esque page magnifier haha. for like a couple of ££. gawd knows how much that is in $$ nowadays:/. i have to do lots of reading/studying and it's not kind on my poor eyes. especially when they give out photocopies and print 2 pages on 1 to save trees and whatnot. not a very exciting purchase, but practical none-the-less.

theres a lovely vintagey dress im waiting to bid on too. i would post a link but i dont want anyone to steal it from me dry.gif
i get ebay rage

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Feb 20 2009, 05:35 PM
Post #19

the moistiest

i go through phases. no ebay, then binge.

bought mom an-8 pack of lifetime movies for her birthday. yay guilty pleasures!

i bought a hammock. for my apartment. the inside.

i've been fighting to get a cheap iphone headset, on try #3 (adding iphone app to the phone this weekend so i can get to it without a laptop wink.gif )

been eyeing a yellow ed hardy hat. i know, i know. a thousand lashes with a wet noodle.

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Feb 20 2009, 10:36 AM
Post #20

It's Calamity Jenn

I LOVE eBay. It's the first place I go to if there's a DVD or a book I want. It and Half.com. lovelovelove.
But I do hate it when I leave a positive FB for a seller, and s/he doesn't have the common courtesy to do the same for me. It's happened a few times now. I just don't get it, nobody's so busy that they can't stop and give some FB.
I haven't bid on any auctions or BINs lately, but I think I'm due for a new tube of Ganache lip balm.

--------------------
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are serviley crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God, because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blind faith. Thomas Jefferson

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 23, 2014 - 12:46 PM