The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

120 Pages V  « < 35 36 37 38 39 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
freckleface7
post Jan 3 2008, 08:21 PM
Post #721

beachcomber

general observation at the gym today:
by and large the populace (not a lot of regulars w/ the influx of holiday guilt-memberships) looked like a cross-sampling of the cast of high school musical clashing w/ carny side show convention.
and no, it wasn't pretty. <shudder>

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
i_am_jan
post Jan 3 2008, 05:53 PM
Post #722

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh, I know what "pink" refers to. It's just a bit ~ oh I don't know ~ ON THE NOSE? ~ for me (or anyone with any actual style or fashion sense in my book sorry)...I mean, what if guys walked around with some sort of logo like BLUE ~ just to REMIND folk they have a cock. I just hate Victorias Secret I guess...the way they try to act like it's not enough to simply have T & A, like you've gotta buy special ASSEMBLY LINE clothing, identical to every other woman around you in order to be sexy. Which has NOTHING to do with what sexy is. Believe me, I remind my men of my PINK whenever I please, I simply don't need to plaster it on for every homeless guy I run into on the street to see in order to like myself. Fortunately for me, clothing with words are out of style now anyway. Victorias Secret got into the game about 5 years too late with their stupid line of clothes with phrases/words on it, it's going to be over very soon.

+Quote Post
LilPinkElectricC...
post Dec 31 2007, 03:05 PM
Post #723

Hardcore BUSTie

COF while i was at the grocery
30 something woman attractive but the whole outfit ruined it
Hiking boots
Leggings that only came to mid-calf, meaning there was awkward space between the shoes and leggings
Patchwork quilted shorts
Brown long sleeved shirt with vest over it.

Shorts over leggings is fine in a gym but in any other circumstance makes me vom.

--------------------
Barack the Kasbah

+Quote Post
octobersky
post Dec 31 2007, 08:45 AM
Post #724

Hardcore BUSTie

Spotted at a Starbucks in the wealthy part of town on a Sunday morning at 10am no less:

tiny all of 5" woman wearing
4 inch stiletto heels in a leopard print
skin tight leopard print pants/leggings
tight cropped black sweater with fur trim
giant black purse with yet more leopard print (the purse was a big as she was)
leathery over tanned skin
ridculously fake eyelashes
visable lip liner with lighter lipstick

and no the various leopard prints did not match, it was just such a visual assult on the eyes so early in the morning....

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Dec 29 2007, 07:37 PM
Post #725

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

Thanks to the Day After Christmas sales at the Dayton (OH) Mall I have a COF that needs reporting.

Roundish woman, about 5'5" with mousy brown hair, I think spiral permed, in an oatmeal colored baggy sweater w/a riped hem SHORT mini-skirt, oatmeal crocheted knee socks and dirty beige suede clogs.

Gods.

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Dec 28 2007, 08:28 AM
Post #726

Hardcore BUSTie

i was in severe pain, it's true.

yes, llamas! what's slightly worse than those boxy, cartoon-embroidered, and possibly bedazzled christmas sweaters is when one is paired with a christmas-themed turtleneck. and what's the worst worse is when a whole family of turtleneck-ed christmas sweater-ed freaks gets their photo taken at Kmart, forever remembered and sent to me on a christmas card.

Kmart should not be used for either clothes shopping or portraiture.

+Quote Post
llamas
post Dec 27 2007, 03:53 PM
Post #727

Hardcore BUSTie

Octobersky, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's a bit, um, interesting to have clothing/undies with such an appropriate euphemism all over them! I hope whomever designed the line did it on purpose.

Nickclick, that outfit makes my brain hurt.

And I would just like to express my joy that Christmas sweater season is over for this year.

+Quote Post
octobersky
post Dec 27 2007, 08:27 AM
Post #728

Hardcore BUSTie

Ya know what "pink" can be a euphenism for right? wink, wink, nudge, nudge wink.gif

That is the reason I will never be caught dead wearing said brand. Yuck. What really bugs me are the teenage girls who wear the sweats two sizes too small with "pink" scrawled across their butt, then the requisite hoodie and tank top all with "pink" garishly plastered on it. This isn't fashion peeps, it's a crime.

+Quote Post
i_am_jan
post Dec 26 2007, 04:01 PM
Post #729

Hardcore BUSTie

Personally, I feel anything by Victorias Secret with the word PINK scrawled on it anywhere is an insult to fashion. I mean it's just so boring and dull. And we girls are supposed to get all excited and flip our lids cuz the word PINK scrawled across our sweatpants is making us look like a big dumb doofus. Uh-o-kaaaay. What does it even mean? I mean, if you like the color pink, just wear a pink-colored pair of pants, right? I mean, what does it mean? It simply means Victorias Secret, right? I'm sorry but VS would have to pay ME to wear that for them, and then honestly I still wouldn't because it's just so empty and no class having like "look at me! I'm wearing Victorias secret Pink, they couldn't even put a little bit of thought or taste into the logo on this item before charging me $50 for it!"

+Quote Post
kellebelle
post Dec 26 2007, 12:46 PM
Post #730

BUSTie

Are you sure that wasn't Beth Chapman of "Dog the Bounty Hunter" fame?

j/k, I love Beth, she's very honest about her appearance

--------------------
"I'll stop acting like a bitch when you stop acting stupid. Oh wait, you're not acting?"

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Dec 26 2007, 09:59 AM
Post #731

Hardcore BUSTie

mid-30s woman, a friend of my cousin's at christmas dinner. yesterday. not 1987.

frosted hair, mild but noticable front poodle-poof
frosted pink lipstick, under darker lipliner
fake tan, only on face
ill-fitting bra (with boob-lets sprouting on top)
white turtle-neck
high-waisted tight jeans
white boots with a million buckles and a silver stiletto heel

+Quote Post
kellebelle
post Dec 25 2007, 12:16 PM
Post #732

BUSTie

ohmy.gif Seen at the airport on December 23rd (yargh, travelling before Christmas):

- 45-50 yr old woman
- fake blonde hair with black roots and hot pink streaks
- pink camouflage bomber jacket with fake fur hood trim (like a 13-yr-old would wear)
- fake leather pants that were baggy, tapered, and tight at the same time in all the wrong places
- pink clogs
- BAD makeup

I was sooooo curious to see who she was waiting for as I wanted to see what he/she/they were dressed like smile.gif

--------------------
"I'll stop acting like a bitch when you stop acting stupid. Oh wait, you're not acting?"

+Quote Post
sarasota
post Dec 24 2007, 05:46 PM
Post #733

BUSTie

i think the long shirt over leggings with boots on can be a cute look, if the shirt is long enough to cover the butt so it doesn't look odd, BUT... at least have the leggings go all the way into the boots! i saw this girl and she had on the capri-length leggings with the boots that left a five inch gap between the end of the legging and the top of the boot. not so cute.

+Quote Post
lananans
post Dec 23 2007, 08:56 AM
Post #734

Hardcore BUSTie

Seen on a good friend who has no fashion sense (and I don't know how to tell her to not leave the house when she looks like this):

Baby blue empire waisted t-shirt, grey ribbed tights. Black boots.

The tights are not pants! I don't know how to tell her that SHE IS RUNNING AROUND PANTSLESS!!!!!

+Quote Post
kellebelle
post Dec 11 2007, 03:16 PM
Post #735

BUSTie

Seen at the bus stop on my drive to work today:

Cute gal, nice shape, wearing waist-length wool-type jacket, furry knee-high boots, miniskirt that might show her underwear (provided she's wearing any), and NO STOCKINGS OR TIGHTS! BARE LEGS! And she's standing there, checking the bus schedule, her watch, and bouncing up and down because she's cold. I have only four words for this.....

PUT ON SOME PANTS!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Dec 9 2007, 08:19 AM
Post #736

(o)(o)

Edie, it was like Mailbu Barbie could decide whether to be a ballerina or a stripper! Bwaaaaahahahahahaha, that's fucking hilarious!

Went I went to go pick up my mom's xmas gift I saw a woman, mid 40's who was wearing a thigh high black coat, the coat was nice, but it was everything else. She was wearing knee high boots, but you couldn't see the skirt under the coat, so it looked she was wearing a coat and skirt. She also wasn't wearing hose, keeping in mind here, that where I am, it is currently around the -30C mark.

Then there was what she had done to her head. She had bleached blonde hair, in tacky 80's fashioon, her make up...oh dear. She had bright blue smeared in a line across her eye lid, so it didn't even cover the whole lid, and this horrible blinding, highlighter pink lipstick. It was hideous.

I wanted to tell her that the 80's called and it wants EVERYTHING back, woman had the never to stare me up and down. Bah.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
edie52
post Dec 9 2007, 08:07 AM
Post #737

Hardcore BUSTie

A woman on the tram- pretty, blond, mid-twenties- she could have slapped on almost anything and looked good. But she chose this:

-slutty summer sandals, in white with coloured beading, wide shiny ribbons that wrapped around her ankles, high metal heels, and open toes. It was like Malibu Barbie couldn't decide whether to be a ballerina or a stripper.
-nude hose, with visible toe reinforcements (because it's winter, clearly not sandal weather)
-over the hose: bastard children of knee socks and legwarmers- they went from mid-foot to knee, and the heels were cut out (have you seen these, people?). In purple. Not that the colour matters at this point.

I didn't see the rest because she was wearing a (surprisingly tasteful!) black coat. I can only imagine.

+Quote Post
kellebelle
post Nov 29 2007, 07:30 PM
Post #738

BUSTie

Oooooh.... I must ask my friend if her dad will be doing the fashion line of Crocs... those are a LOT better than the foam-rubber crap. blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
llamas
post Nov 29 2007, 03:42 PM
Post #739

Hardcore BUSTie

Last night I unexpectedly came face-to-face with the fur-lined crocs display at Nordstrom. I had to explain to the male friend with whom I was on the phone why I suddenly said 'ewwwwwww.' I wonder how long it will take cubewear-coordinated gal to get a pair for winter? laugh.gif

And the tasseled (sp?) loafers are cute. Not $149 worth of cute, however.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Nov 29 2007, 01:21 PM
Post #740

(o)(o)

I have to admit, some of those are nice boots, but a little pricey.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post

120 Pages V  « < 35 36 37 38 39 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 19, 2014 - 11:37 AM