The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

294 Pages V  « < 95 96 97 98 99 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BustSecret: Ordinary Confessions from Extraordinary Busties
kittenb
post Mar 20 2009, 05:15 PM
Post #1921

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

There's a family here in Chicago who are die-hard Cubs fans and they named their kids after the streets that are around Wrigley Field- Addison, Clark, Waveland and Sheffield.

I remember seeing them on WGN. Didn't they also say that they would name the next child Ivy? They might have been joking.

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Mar 20 2009, 11:23 AM
Post #1922

(o)(o)

Lewis Black did a piece on Names, there was the woman in Jersey who named her her child ABCDE.

Then there is Russell Peters who talks about Indian names and stuff.

and damn if I can't find either of the routines. I can find everything else. Hmmph.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
humanist77
post Mar 20 2009, 12:58 AM
Post #1923

belligerently lazy

I haven't either, raisin : (

my ex's mother was a pediatrician, and she would regale us with amusing stories from the hospital-one of which was someone who named their kid "Shithead". pronounced "Shith-eed". No, really.
yeeeah.

--------------------
I pledge allegiance to and wrap myself in the flag of the United States Against Anything Un-American and to the Republicans for which it stands, two nations, under Jesus, rich against poor, with curtailed liberty and justice for all except blacks, homosexuals, women who want abortions, Communists, welfare queens, treehuggers, feminazis, illegal immigrants, children of illegal immigrants, and you if you don't watch your step.
-Matt Groening, Life in Hell

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Mar 19 2009, 10:26 PM
Post #1924

PANTIES! ew.

After looking at Natasha Richardson's entry on IMDB, I can safely say that I haven't seen one movie of hers. I'm sorta ashamed.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Mar 19 2009, 10:08 PM
Post #1925

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Some distant relative of mine, my grandma's cousin's daughter or something, named her first child, a boy, Sam, and her second child, a girl, Ella. Um, did you not think about what that would sound like when you were calling both of them? "Sam'n'Ella!" laugh.gif

There's a family here in Chicago who are die-hard Cubs fans and they named their kids after the streets that are around Wrigley Field- Addison, Clark, Waveland and Sheffield.

I like Celeste, too, but yeah, bad rhyme. I like Cicely, too- reminds me of Northern Exposure and Saint Maybe, an Anne Tyler book.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
yuefie
post Mar 19 2009, 09:18 PM
Post #1926

Lip Balm Aficionado

Polly, I too have had the worst experiences with the name Kelly or it's variants, Kelli, Kellie, and Kelley. I would welcome a good experience with even just one person with that name. Seriously.

Star, I think the naming ceremony is really cool.

I have friends who are hippie-ish and did something similar. They wound up naming their son Sage but used his father's more traditional name, Michael, as the middle name. And the thing is, the name suits him now that he's a bit older. It just does. But then the brother of my friend named his first kid Lincoln, with the name of a Bay Area city for the middle name (hint: A city near San Francisco or Berkeley that begins with an O, also known as Oaktown). And then they recently went on to name their second child Ozzie, with the last name of Ozzy Osbourne's guitarist by the name of Randy as the middle name (hint: also something you drive on). They spelled it a bit differently, but come on! Sorry for not just putting the names there but if they were to google their kids name combos I would hate for this post to pop up.

If I were to have a child I would want to wait to name them to get a better sense of what they are like too. I'm very interested in the meanings behind the names and sometimes because of that I wind up liking names that I wouldn't necessarily want to inflict upon any unsuspecting spawn. Fr'instance: Celeste, which means heavenly. I love that name, but as my sister pointed out it's usually granny's named Celeste and it also rhymes with molest, which is a big NO NO. I have a hard time with boys names, so many of them I don't care for. I do like Gabriel though, and my cousin already took it for her son.

My evil stepfather's last name was Kok, pronounced Coke, as in the soda. But my friends and I always referred to him as "The Kok", as in Cock, like the rooster or, ehm... tongue.gif

Here is website dedicated to awful names.

Confession: I delayed getting my car to the shop today so that I would be busy and therefore would not have to do something I didn't want to do tomorrow. That probably belongs in the sin bin too, but whatevs.

--------------------
~I'm so tired of being tired
As sure as night will follow day
Most things I worry about
Never happen anyway~

+Quote Post
freckleface7
post Mar 19 2009, 09:01 PM
Post #1927

beachcomber

I know I posted about this years ago, but we once had 2 little neighbor girls name Charisma (pretty) & Cliche'.
seriously.

talking about out there unusual names, I've always been fond of Cere Belle. (cerbrell?- the Brain? probably sp'd but who the hell cares! )
I got it from a Lilly Tomlin skit decades ago that I used to do a wicked impression of.. " Miss Cere Bell Palsy
! "

confession: the mr is pissing me off mightily tonight over the vehical situation and I most sincerely hopes he Does sleep here in the office tonight.

confession: when he is in this mood I am dreading the 4-day weekend w/ him. hell's bell's if I'm gonna "get a lot on the to-do list done."
yah.
whatev. dry.gif

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Mar 19 2009, 08:08 PM
Post #1928

new highs in personal lows daily!

i've known a couple of good changed names, my favorite is 'dish d'lish' (everybody called her d'lish, and now there is a diner with the same name), but i also knew a courage deLeon. both ladies were awesome and super funny. i love that sort of thing, i want to know an amy digala or amy d gala (which is the part of the brain), but the best i could do (or wanted to do) was that my initials spell the word snow.

i don't know if this should go in the sin bin, but i confess: i laughed when a guy on the radio was talking about chinese officials and referred to a 'won hung ju' that's almost as good as my own concoction, on indian office manager, lechter vadgepie (said with an indian accent, of course).

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Mar 19 2009, 07:32 PM
Post #1929

Pacifism kicks ass!

Vulva? Placenta? I wonder if they go by their middle names instead. Or nicknames.

Confession: I bought a pair of bright red pants today. I've been wanting a pair of red pants for years, but I don't NEED them so I honestly shouldn't have spent the money. But they're red! And cute! And red!

Confession: I suppose that should go in the Sin Bin. It's definitely sinful.

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Mar 19 2009, 05:51 PM
Post #1930

PANTIES! ew.

Star and COCL, I came in here to say that I had a day like that as well. I was so tired from staying out late last night (oh god, but it was so worth it) but then couldn't even enjoy my do-nothing day. My current situation AND the state of the economy leave me with very little motivation. I feel like these last few months I've let my life slip by me in a way I'm not proud of. I don't know what to do to get my mojo back.

I know someone who named her kids MONTHS before they came out of her (and then made announcements each time). I think that's tacky. I really like the idea of letting a few days go by post-birth to name the baby.

I know a dude named Kelly. And he ain't Irish. I've also heard of a woman who changed her name to a certain alcoholic beverage (first and last name). I have to wonder how bad her birth name/family name really were...?! blink.gif

PLACENTA?!?!

+Quote Post
zoya
post Mar 19 2009, 05:06 PM
Post #1931

uh huh.

my mother met a woman who named her daughter Placenta. not kidding. She didn't even TRY to make it into a name like Placentia or something. Nope. Just "Placenta."

When I was a youngun, and had no idea about things like drugs, I thought that "Indica" was a lovely name for a girl.

confession: I actually still do.

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Mar 19 2009, 05:00 PM
Post #1932

brown delicious

vulva?!? of course, i'm reminded of the seinfeld episode where jerry couldn't remember his girlfriend's name (Mulva?).

QUOTE(girltrouble @ Mar 19 2009, 04:05 PM) *
confession:i think it'd be really funny although i am sure people's feelings would get hurt, but sheesh. it's not personal...

my sentiments exactly. wink.gif then again, maybe i'm just a mean spirited woman.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Mar 19 2009, 04:42 PM
Post #1933

My great-grandmother, who came over from Ukraine, her last name was Subitch. When she learned "bitch" was not a nice word, she changed it to Suvitch. My last name had an "-ovitch" at the end and that was dropped upon emigration, too.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Mar 19 2009, 04:10 PM
Post #1934

(o)(o)

see, with this Vulva child, what had happened is the family had immigrated to Canada from Africa, and apparently thought Vulva was nice, but were not educated in what it was.

There aren't a lot of names I would change if I had a bad name, but Vulva was one of them.

And i did hear about the Marijuana Pepsi name.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Mar 19 2009, 04:05 PM
Post #1935

new highs in personal lows daily!

QUOTE(stargazer @ Mar 19 2009, 01:23 PM) *
dood, it's a joke. relax. we're not gonna start a thread about names we hate.

we're not?

damn.

confession:i think it'd be really fun/ny although i am sure people's feelings would get hurt, but sheesh. it's not personal...

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
anarch
post Mar 19 2009, 04:04 PM
Post #1936

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(culturehandy @ Mar 19 2009, 04:29 PM) *

There was once someone with a child where I work, a client, not a staff, who named their child Vulva.

Oh, Jesus. Remember that line from Shirley Valentine? "I always thought CliTORis would be such a lovely girl's name. "Hello, CliToRis, how are you?"

Star & freckle, I think it totally makes sense to wait on naming a kid.

roseviolet - I pm'd you about an entirely unrelated subject.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Mar 19 2009, 03:58 PM
Post #1937

QUOTE(culturehandy @ Mar 19 2009, 03:29 PM) *
I am not a fan of Brittney, the name not the act. well either.
The waiting of the name if really cool. So long as you don't wait too long.

There was once someone with a child where I work, a client, not a staff, who named their child Vulva.

Wasn't there someone named their kid Chlymidia, or is that an urban legend like lemonjello and orangejello? The baby named Marijuana Pepsi-cola is a true story- there was just an interview with her online a couple weeks ago.

QUOTE(bunnyb @ Mar 19 2009, 01:11 PM) *
I have also come to accept that no name is going to please everyone; it's all a matter of taste or "well I knew a girl called that who I didn't like ... or that's the name of my ex ... or why would you call your child after an actor/celeb/surname of the reclusive author of your favourite book/vegetable?"

Like the name "Kelly"- I had a friend who had nothing but bad experiences with anyone named Kelly- her husband's ex, her boss, some former friends of hers....bad news.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Mar 19 2009, 03:50 PM
Post #1938

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

QUOTE(stargazer @ Mar 19 2009, 03:23 PM) *

Just checking.

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Mar 19 2009, 03:29 PM
Post #1939

(o)(o)

I am not a fan of Brittney, the name not the act. well either.

The waiting of the name if really cool. So long as you don't wait too long.

--------------------

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Mar 19 2009, 03:23 PM
Post #1940

brown delicious

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post

294 Pages V  « < 95 96 97 98 99 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 24, 2014 - 07:43 PM