Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

19 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The New Lounge -- Problems, Suggestions & Stuff
mornington
post Jul 31 2006, 04:58 PM
Post #281

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

and... does anyone know what the default font is. it keeps switching and I don't like it. unsure.gif

how odd, rose. mine does that. I'm too lazy to preview usually, so I hadn't noticed before.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Jul 31 2006, 04:33 PM
Post #282

Pacifism kicks ass!

I'm having a problem & I'm wondering if other people are having it, too. When I preview my posts, they appear to be aligned to the center. But when I post it, it appear on the thread as being aligned to the left. Are other people having this problem? Could it be fixed?

+Quote Post
mornington
post Jul 31 2006, 04:12 PM
Post #283

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

did someone call for a know-it-all? tongue.gif

I think it might be to do with the US keyboards having tab+2 = @. and tab+' = " That's what it is on my keyboard - I'm on a mac, so I assume it's that.

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Jul 31 2006, 03:56 PM
Post #284

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

punkerplus, I think that's where those symbols are located on US keyboards (and macs)? weird tho but a few weird things have been happening; I had a dreadful time trying to lounge yesterday as kept crashing.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
punkerplus
post Jul 31 2006, 12:28 PM
Post #285

Hardcore BUSTie

Umm has anyone else had the problem of some of their punctuation keys switching around? I just posted in Busting Trolls (and its in here too!) and my " comes out as a @ and vice versa (so 2 + tab is an @ and ' + tab is a @).

And its not my keyboard because I just checked. Its a bit weird.

And others are doing it too! I'm confused.

+Quote Post
quantumspice
post Jul 27 2006, 05:14 PM
Post #286

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(roseviolet @ Jul 27 2006, 11:55 AM) *

I am intrigued by the idea of switching things around, but I must admit that I voted to keep things as they are simply because we've already been through a hell of a lot of change recently. I just don't feel comfortable with the Lounge going through yet another big switcheroo any time soon. Afterall, there are alwayalwaysalways glitches and delays any time work is done on the Lounge. There are still a lot of people who are trying to sort out problems that arose with the recent change-over. I'm afraid that doing anything else will just expose further problems ... possibly resulting in additional dingo-like attacks.

This does not mean that I'm not open to change, though. In fact, I'd really like to see examples of other websites that use the proposed format just to play with it and see how it feels. But I don't think the community is ready for it yet. I know I, for one, would be more open to such a change in a few months or so.

invision is a fairly robust forum - i've been running it for going on 3 years now, and we've only had one dingo-like attack, and then it was because we ran out of hard drive space (but, we were able to recover all of the data, so the only thing that *really* happened is that it was down for nearly two weeks while our IT peeps fixed it ... and fixed it ... and fixed it ... and finally realized what was happening and fixed it fo real)

anyway. if you go to http://www.bpal.org, register, validate, click "mark all posts as read" ... and then close the browser... and visit in oh an hour, if you visit randomness or bpal chatter or the swap forums, you'll likely see topics with IPB Image (if you use the default skin) to the left of the topic (like how we have IPB Image) ... and click it, and it'll bring it

--------------------

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post Jul 27 2006, 09:55 AM
Post #287

Tink's Red headed Step Sis

I voted to keep it the same because I know how many people mentioned that when we were suggesting the changes, and I'm used to it. I hate the other sites where I have to wade through posts over and over again. I am intrigued by the idea that it would take you to your first unread post in that thread. Could we not have that feature with the current set up? I do think it is hard to go backwards through the thread to find your place sometimes.

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Jul 27 2006, 09:38 AM
Post #288

Pacifism kicks ass!

I am intrigued by the idea of switching things around, but I must admit that I voted to keep things as they are simply because we've already been through a hell of a lot of change recently. I just don't feel comfortable with the Lounge going through yet another big switcheroo any time soon. Afterall, there are alwayalwaysalways glitches and delays any time work is done on the Lounge. There are still a lot of people who are trying to sort out problems that arose with the recent change-over. I'm afraid that doing anything else will just expose further problems ... possibly resulting in additional dingo-like attacks.

This does not mean that I'm not open to change, though. In fact, I'd really like to see examples of other websites that use the proposed format just to play with it and see how it feels. But I don't think the community is ready for it yet. I know I, for one, would be more open to such a change in a few months or so.

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Jul 27 2006, 06:24 AM
Post #289

PANTIES! ew.

QUOTE(doodlebug @ Jul 25 2006, 11:08 PM) *

I would hate to see the Lounge change to have latest posts at the end. One of the reasons I stay here is because of the way it's set up - I don't participate in any other online forums. Maybe I'm just too old to change my habits, but I find it really uncomfortable the other way 'round, and it's the main reason I don't hang out in other forums. Anyway, yep, I voted. Thanks for asking!

SAME! Please keep it as is with the new posts on the top. (I voted.)

+Quote Post
citydog
post Jul 26 2006, 01:23 PM
Post #290

QUOTE(catsoup @ Jul 25 2006, 08:30 PM) *

If we do new posts on bottom, will it be like Television Without Pity, where it automatically takes me to the first new post since I last visited? I love love love that feature - it's so nice to just click on the thread and *ta-da!* it takes me right to where I last was.

That would be lurvely, and it's how most others are configured. This forum is awfully difficult to browse, IMO, but I can totally understand how the regulars have gotten used to it. smile.gif

+Quote Post
pepper
post Jul 26 2006, 08:55 AM
Post #291

doodle, i am following your late night instructions here but i ain't seein' "custom member title" anywheres. where should it be, o queen of everything?
thanx!

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Jul 26 2006, 04:40 AM
Post #292

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

Hey all...I shouldn't be up this late, but I am....curses...anyway, I just discovered you CAN change that "advanced member" (or whatever) stuff that goes under your user name when you post!

Go into your "My Controls," then "Edit Profile Information" and then just type in something where it says "Custom Member Title."

Thus I have regained my crown as "Queen of Everything."

(Apologies for cross-posting.)

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Jul 25 2006, 08:51 PM
Post #293

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

I would hate to see the Lounge change to have latest posts at the end. One of the reasons I stay here is because of the way it's set up - I don't participate in any other online forums. Maybe I'm just too old to change my habits, but I find it really uncomfortable the other way 'round, and it's the main reason I don't hang out in other forums. Anyway, yep, I voted. Thanks for asking!

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
quantumspice
post Jul 25 2006, 07:33 PM
Post #294

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(LoungeLady @ Jul 25 2006, 03:34 PM) *

Nope, there's no way for users to choose which way the posts display, unfortunately.

You would not have to navigate to the last page. Instead, you would just click the little thingy that looks like this: IPB Image , and it would take you directly to the latest posts. You would read them going down, just like you do on most other boards you visit.

Unfortunately I'm not able to set it up so that you could test it out the other way for just a day.

Right now, the newpost function isn't working sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
catsoup
post Jul 25 2006, 06:13 PM
Post #295

Sarcasm is the refuge of losers.

If we do new posts on bottom, will it be like Television Without Pity, where it automatically takes me to the first new post since I last visited? I love love love that feature - it's so nice to just click on the thread and *ta-da!* it takes me right to where I last was.

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post Jul 25 2006, 01:50 PM
Post #296

By the way, I noticed several misplaced threads go poof today! Thanks!

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post
turbojenn
post Jul 25 2006, 01:35 PM
Post #297

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks for the scoop, LL - thanks for taking such good care of us!

+Quote Post
LoungeLady
post Jul 25 2006, 01:17 PM
Post #298

Hardcore BUSTie

Nope, there's no way for users to choose which way the posts display, unfortunately.

You would not have to navigate to the last page. Instead, you would just click the little thingy that looks like this: IPB Image , and it would take you directly to the latest posts. You would read them going down, just like you do on most other boards you visit.

Unfortunately I'm not able to set it up so that you could test it out the other way for just a day.

--------------------
So mod!

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post Jul 25 2006, 12:56 PM
Post #299

Is there any way it could be made so that each user chooses the way they would like it to be? I see pros and cons to both. I persoanlly like having new posts on top, but in heated discusssions it would be nice for people just joining the thread to know what it is about before offering thier two cents...of course, that is also assuming that people would read the previous posts before just skipping to the end.

--------------------

+Quote Post
turbojenn
post Jul 25 2006, 12:05 PM
Post #300

Hardcore BUSTie

ouch...if you have to click to the last page of a thread to read what's new, that is going to be seriously annoying, and add so many more clicks to my life....I hope it doesn't win the vote. But that's just me...I'm pretty obsessive about minimizing the number of clicks in my life...damned web designer instincts in me, I guess.

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 27, 2014 - 09:16 PM