Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

50 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Frustrated Singles
Muffy
post May 22 2008, 07:28 PM
Post #281

Hardcore BUSTie

geekchickknits, I don't know, but I'd like to know your secret. I can get one interested party.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
geekchickknits
post May 22 2008, 01:21 PM
Post #282

Hardcore BUSTie

How can I be dating three guys and not be getting some tonight?

+Quote Post
sexysandee
post May 16 2008, 02:07 PM
Post #283

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(pherber @ May 9 2008, 06:50 AM) *
I don't know, how to put this without sounding like an arrogant ass, but I have an IQ in the gifted range, and I just cannot find a guy, who's on my level, and I get bored, when my intellect isn't challenged. mellow.gif

wow... many of were in gifted and talented, but I just have no idea to respond to that quote...
I just have always been attracted to men that were not as educated and not as intelligent... I have no idea... what I am trying to say... what you said just struck me blink.gif

--------------------

"This could be the very minute
I'm aware I'm alive
All these places feel like home"

+Quote Post
Muffy
post May 12 2008, 04:31 PM
Post #284

Hardcore BUSTie

pherber, I used to wish to meet someone that was at least around my intelligence level, I am not 'gifted' but people tell me I'm intelligent even though sometimes I feel awkward and stupid... now, I think I'd just be happy with someone who could hold a decent conversation that goes beyond 'so how about this weather we're having...' I seem to meet those with no communication skills.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pherber
post May 9 2008, 05:33 AM
Post #285

Hardcore BUSTie

I don't know, how to put this without sounding like an arrogant ass, but I have an IQ in the gifted range, and I just cannot find a guy, who's on my level, and I get bored, when my intellect isn't challenged. mellow.gif

+Quote Post
samiam
post May 5 2008, 10:39 PM
Post #286

BUSTie

I thought that, after my last post, the Gods or whatever forces that be were on my side, and I landed a good one. It was an internet date and it went so, so well. I couldn't sleep that first night, could not wait to hear from him again, and it was mutual. Now, a month later, after meeting his mom, talking about the future, sharing everything on a reasonable schedule - he is freaking out and not communicating. I am losing sleep again, but not for the right reasons. I work out with a friend who is a psychologist and he made me feel so empowered about talking this out with him, because I know that right now he is under an enormous amount of stress and is telling me as much. So i tried, and he is "out" and won't talk, only text. That's a lousy way to have a heartfelt conversation.

I am so, so sad right now.

+Quote Post
Muffy
post May 1 2008, 02:21 PM
Post #287

Hardcore BUSTie

datagirl, I'm 31 and bi. One would think I have more options but I've yet to find 'the one or even mr or ms. right now. I don't think you should just settle for the first person that comes along. Go have fun! Go out with lots of people. I'm kind of picky too, don't get me wrong, I've gone out on dates with a variety of people.. but so far no such luck.

I've hit a dry spell where no one seems even remotely interested and it makes me a little sad and lonely.

--------------------

+Quote Post
datagirl
post Apr 28 2008, 06:41 AM
Post #288

Hardcore BUSTie

I fall in love with people that don't want me all the time.
My pickyness is becoming a problem.
I'm 30 and I'm starting to think that I should really just take the next guy who comes along.
All my friends with kids love their kids more than their partner.
I'm thinking of getting in touch with an ex from about 10 years ago..
Now that I think about it maybe not....

+Quote Post
deepthinker
post Apr 25 2008, 10:37 AM
Post #289

BUSTie

I think I need to take a step back a little bit. Seems like lately, I've been looking for something that isn't really there, with various people. It's kind of like that proverbial square peg in a round hole sort of thing. I need to relax, I'm thinking about things too much, to where I take just about anything as a sign that perhaps there is something more to be had there. What I really need to do is just let things be, instead of analyzing and reanalyzing situations ad nauseum you know? It's just driving me mad more then anything. If anything is going to happen with anybody, it's gonna happen on it's own, irregardless of anything that I may have to say about it. I just need to let nature take it's course so to speak.

+Quote Post
sniggles
post Apr 24 2008, 04:56 PM
Post #290

BUSTie

I have felt that way before, deepthinker. It is very frustrating. You really just have to try not to let these experiences bring you down, or they have the potential of becoming a self-fufilling prophecy. I wish I had something better to tell you, I know it's easier said than done.... but you really just have to try.

+Quote Post
sniggles
post Apr 24 2008, 04:56 PM
Post #291

BUSTie

double post...

+Quote Post
deepthinker
post Apr 20 2008, 12:09 PM
Post #292

BUSTie

Anyone here ever feel like the people you really want, you never can truly have? Seems like the girls I've actually cared about very much, I never have any chance at dating. Like you start to talking about their life and things, and you really feel for them and what they've gone though. You start to kind of connect with them on some level, and then they're gone before you know it. This happened with one person I knew for a short time, as she died after giving her dad one of her kidneys if I recall right. Never did meet her in person, but cared deeply deeply for her. Now it's happening with someone else I know (could even argue 2 people), who I also care a lot about. It's a frustrating feeling you know?

+Quote Post
samiam
post Mar 31 2008, 05:52 PM
Post #293

BUSTie

I am definitely looking for "above average" in the intelligence dept. The average range on a bell curve is between 85 and 115 -- I will take anything over 105 with a job and some reasonable amount of ambition. More importantly, I want someone with a work ethic. Perhaps I am recoiling from my lazy-ass students and their useless families, but I really want someone who is willing to work for what he or she has, and who is truly grateful for the things that we are given. I am picky. I also expect the same in athleticism; I want a partner who is not obese, who cares about his or her body, and who wants to stay active throughout our lives.

Lately it has been under performing, overweight, self-absorbed narcissists and bucket heads. Ugh.

+Quote Post
Muffy
post Mar 31 2008, 04:11 PM
Post #294

Hardcore BUSTie

sassysarahart, craigslist.org is this website where basically anyone can post a bulletin for just about anything. You can find dates, hook-ups, used cars, apartments, jobs, you name it... I've met a few people and actually got a job I replied to on craigslist.

samiam, well the average IQ is between 75 and 100 so I presume your looking for someone above average?

I've stopped worrying about if said person is a genius or not. I've dated way too many overly ambitious intelligent people who are married to their jobs and I'm just an after-thought when nothing better is going on. If they can hold a conversation, have a sense of humor and a zest for life (outside their career), I might have found the right one! One would think being bisexual would have so many options, yet I haven't been on a date in about a month! I don't seem to have any interested parties either sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
samiam
post Mar 29 2008, 07:38 PM
Post #295

BUSTie

Thanks, Sassy. I am just so underwhelmed with the possibilities right now. I feel like I am meeting nothing but skanks and babies, and all the good men are complaining that there aren't enough women who are just like me (single, never married, no kids, great job, own house, no debt, etc.). I try not to care, but I do. I want a partner. I want babies. I want someone with an IQ over 100 who understands not every woman is a useless sperm receptacle or someone who will do whatever he wants to make him feel like a man. <<sigh>>

I am going to gym to sublimate my frustration.

+Quote Post
sassysarahart
post Mar 29 2008, 07:14 PM
Post #296

BUSTie

QUOTE(candycane_girl @ Mar 1 2008, 01:39 PM) *
Well, I did something crazy the other day. I posted an ad on craigslist! So far I've gotten a lot of great responses (and been kind of overwhelmed by the number of responses). Maybe something will come of it!

What the heck is craiglist? Good to hear you're getting some great responses!!!

+Quote Post
sassysarahart
post Mar 29 2008, 07:11 PM
Post #297

BUSTie

I wonder the same thing sometimes Samiam. But right now I'm kind of to the point where I just don't care anymore. Eventually a gem will come along!

+Quote Post
samiam
post Mar 27 2008, 06:47 PM
Post #298

BUSTie

Why am I single? Why? I have run out of answers.

+Quote Post
sexysandee
post Mar 10 2008, 07:20 AM
Post #299

Hardcore BUSTie

I know that a week out of a relationship is really too soon to be dating again, but I decided what the hell.
What do I have to lose right? If I like the guy cool, if not I move on.

Well, the forces of nature are not cool with that.
He called on Friday and my phone was being a little bitch.
Then he called and texted on Saturday... as I was going to answer the phone I spilled coke on it.
Now, I am waiting for my new phone to get here in the mail.

Wow blink.gif

--------------------

"This could be the very minute
I'm aware I'm alive
All these places feel like home"

+Quote Post
Sststststutter
post Mar 2 2008, 07:08 PM
Post #300

BUSTie

Wooo Candy that's awesome! I know someone who found a really good match on craigslist, so even though some people think its just the bootycall version of match.com et al, I think it's also true that people turn to craigslist for a less song-and-dance kind of let me see what's out there sort of thing.

I'm still seeing the boy, and continuing to be very confused. He's been laying on the signals thick, yet still managing to throw me through loops. We went on a date Tuesday, which he initiated, but he didn't kiss me good night. Then when I tried to feel him out for his plans this weekend, he was incredibly vague and we ended up not seeing each other. He talks to me all the time, and treats me like I'm something special, and clearly likes me, but all I can think about half the time is how he said he wants to find his identity and be single. Well, he can't have his cake and eat it too! Looks like I am going to have to call him out next time he says or does something confusing, because I keep liking him more and more and I really don't want to end up getting hurt because he can't figure out what he wants.

--------------------
all you need are drums to start a dance party:::...

+Quote Post

50 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 2, 2014 - 07:05 PM