Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
damselindistress
post May 28 2008, 11:40 AM
Post #1501

BUSTie

QUOTE(sooo sad @ May 27 2008, 12:07 PM) *
hi ladies!

can anyone give us a bv update? would like to know how ya'll are doing!!!

for me... i'm gonna start metrogel this week for 7 days + femd (4pill per day until finished and probably for a couple more weeks after)...and do maintenance with tto. hopefully this works.....keeping my fingers crossed...

sooo sad

I will share. I was planning to wait a little longer before I shared any news, but so far so good. My last venture was with tea tree oil. I found the suppositories online and used them for 5 days. They were these little waxy bullet-like things. I didn't have any burning or big mess or anything. The smell came out in the wash. Like Jewelscando said, "you smell it when you pee, but that's about it". On the sixth day I made my own gelatin capsule with TTO like she suggested just to see (the suppositories were 14 bucks for 6 - expensive). It was super cheap to do it that way. The TTO started to melt the capsule b4 I inserted, so I had to hurry. I felt the slightest sensation from the tea tree being stronger, but no problem at all. I haven't had any discharge, smell, anything for a week, then just got my period. After the monthly friend, gonna use a TTO cap for good measure and see what happens! Good luck, hope your MO changes to sooo HAPPY soon!
By the way, my doc said none of the usual vaginal suspects showed up on culture, but I still had a bacterial infection. She said it could be a different strain of bacteria from my body, intestines, rectum, whatever that's plagueing me. She said that's why the standard vaginal medicines weren't working and that I needed to try a different antibiotic b/c they aren't all for the same thing. Even though I haven't had any problems (even after sex, BTW), I am taking CIPRO for a week orally. CIPRO is what my fiance took for prostatitis. We'll see.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post May 27 2008, 09:50 AM
Post #1502

Hardcore BUSTie

hi ladies!

can anyone give us a bv update? would like to know how ya'll are doing!!!

for me... i'm gonna start metrogel this week for 7 days + femd (4pill per day until finished and probably for a couple more weeks after)...and do maintenance with tto. hopefully this works.....keeping my fingers crossed...

sooo sad

+Quote Post
lori
post May 23 2008, 10:59 PM
Post #1503

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ May 23 2008, 07:48 PM) *
First, everybody has a schedule. Before your husband comes home or whenever your going to be around your husband, take a sitz bath. Put either apple cider vinegar (and I know that it smells bad but once you get out and dry off, you'll hardly smell it), If you just can't put up with apple cider vinegar, try squeezing a couple of lemons in the water. Sit down and hold the lips open. Do this for about 10-15 min. That should help make the vagina more acidic. When you get out of the tub, the first thing you should do is dry the vagina first. Then take a q- tip and dip it in the SYLK lubricant and swril it around the inside of the vagina. The sylk will help you keep the ph of the vagina longer. wipe off any excess around the vagina. Ok, there is this stuff you can use to keep the heat down. It's called moistat intinmate care= chafing relief powder gel =fragrance free. Put this on the vagina on the outside. Then your ready for sex. He should have no problems. If you know your not going to have sex, do the above but add an extra step. on your underware, use vagisil deodorant powder=talc free= odor blocking protection. If you use the powder and he wants sex that day, go to the bathroom and wipe the powder off. If you don't, it may turn him off which will result in him not being able to keep it up.

Reagan, please don't do any of these things.

If you take a bath while holding your vaginal lips open for 10 minutes, it is the same as douching - worse, actually. Every source, and every clinical and anecdotal evidence ever written, all say that douching is bad for BV. Many ladies in here have posted that douching caused BV, or made it worse. It can even lead to Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.

I recommend that you read The V Book, written about women's health by a Harvard professor. One of the things she recommends is avoiding douching and baths if you're dealing with BV. So don't just take my word for it.

The rest of neverending's advice is pretty much useless, too. Keep in mind that BV is not just about the smell, it's about making you healthy - untreated BV can lead to health complications. And when you're healthy, the smell will go away, too. So you need to work on restoring the balance in your vagina, and not stuff your vagina full of powders and sprays just to cover up the smell, which only make the situation worse.

Also, definitely do not let any crackpot on the internet with her own agenda diagnose you with a hormonal imbalance.

As far as your husband goes, if he doesn't appreciate you, sexy clothes won't solve anything. Focus on valuing yourself, and making yourself healthy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
wanabfresh
post May 23 2008, 09:38 PM
Post #1504

BUSTie

QUOTE(Kpasa @ May 22 2008, 07:31 PM) *
short term fix: kick him in the balls

long term cure: divorce the bastard

seriously.
i hate it when any man acts like its YOUR problem that your vag is acting up when HE PUTS THE SHIT IN THERE!!#@%$

I SERIOUSLY THINK EVERYONE'S MAN SHOULD GO ON THE ACIDOPHILUS SHIT!!!! oh and make them drink a SHITload of water and juice a day so THEY get to bitch about something.

seriously all these winy men can come kiss MY ass. UGH

not sure if im posting right its only my second post an I dont wanna speak 2 soon, but I really have to say that FEM DOPHILUS really works
I began about a week ago an seen such amzing results no discharge, no smell, no nothing an I just want to thank u guys for this suggestion
thanks alot an I'll be posting soon for later results
THANK GOD FOR THE MAKERS OF THIS PRODUCT

+Quote Post
neverending
post May 23 2008, 08:31 PM
Post #1505

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(reagan @ May 22 2008, 01:43 AM) *
Hello ladies. I am suffering with bv since my youngest son was born 8 years ago. I have been misdiagnosed on many ocassions. The smell is so bad during sex, my husband hates having sex with me. We only have it when he gets drunk so about three or four times a year. Then he can't keep it up. He hates talking about it and when we argue he tells me in a very crude way that I stink. What are the short term fixes with the smell and long term cure?

Ladies we are leaving tomorrow and I am soooooo happy. I hope we like it there. If not, we'll still check out Chicago, Seattle, Denver and maybe even Boston. I can't wait to move!

Anyway, I was lurking and I saw this post by you mrs. Reagan. This might be a little long but hopefully worth it.

First, everybody has a schedule. Before your husband comes home or whenever your going to be around your husband, take a sitz bath. Put either apple cider vinegar (and I know that it smells bad but once you get out and dry off, you'll hardly smell it), If you just can't put up with apple cider vinegar, try squeezing a couple of lemons in the water. Sit down and hold the lips open. Do this for about 10-15 min. That should help make the vagina more acidic. When you get out of the tub, the first thing you should do is dry the vagina first. Then take a q- tip and dip it in the SYLK lubricant and swril it around the inside of the vagina. The sylk will help you keep the ph of the vagina longer. wipe off any excess around the vagina. Ok, there is this stuff you can use to keep the heat down. It's called moistat intinmate care= chafing relief powder gel =fragrance free. Put this on the vagina on the outside. Then your ready for sex. He should have no problems. If you know your not going to have sex, do the above but add an extra step. on your underware, use vagisil deodorant powder=talc free= odor blocking protection. If you use the powder and he wants sex that day, go to the bathroom and wipe the powder off. If you don't, it may turn him off which will result in him not being able to keep it up.

On another note, I don't know if you shave or not but I would suggest trimming the bush if you know what I mean. Shaving is not more hygenic but it will help you keep the heat down. Either shave it all or trim it real low. Heat is a bad idea when you have to deal with something like this. It will multiply the bacteria.

OK, soaps! Most women like Dove soap but I like to go to the health food store and buy brand name: Auromere, it's Tumeric/ Sandlewood with Neem or try Peppermint Soap. These will help keep bacteria away.

Ok, underware! All I have to say is cotton will be your best friend until you can keep this away.If your problem is not that bad, cotton thongs will be ok, but if it's bad, cotton granny panties will have to do. Again, if you think you will get some (if you know what I mean) then slip in the bathroom and change into something sexy.

Ok, Sex! I'm not trying to get to personal but what you will have to do is entice (sp?) him again. I'm not trying to corrupt you (lol) but try going to the sex shop and finding something that will play into his fantasy. Hmmmmm...... Something he can't resist. Like, naughty school girl, hot teacher, a kitty outfit, Something. You should light candles or incense (sp?) and if you can, buy some sylk sheets. That should help. Also, use the Sylk Lub. during sex because again, it will help keep the PH in the right place which is what you want.

Last but not least, sit down with your husband and tell him if he can't be respectful/ supportive, you will delete him from your life. No one should put up with mistreatment AT ALL. Tell him you don't need his verbal/ emotional abuse. Marriage should be about teamwork and lifting each other up not down. Tell me who can function properly in an harsh environment. You don't need his childishness! There was a guy that came in here a while ago (jason44 or jason 34) and he gave us a little info on his wife and told us about how he found her cure, I thought "HE found her cure". Now THAT is LOVE! I wish more men were like him. He is a dream!

As far as long term treatment: I think you may have a hormonal imbalance. I know one of my high school friends had BV after every child she had but hers went away with meds everytime. Lucky her right?! I think with some ladies, the hormones never bounce back for some reason. I've noticed that most of the ladies here either had a child, hysterectomy (sp?), started/stopped birth control, or are in menopause when the BV started for them.

Anyway, I know this is long but I hope this helps!
Chiao!

+Quote Post
lori
post May 22 2008, 08:12 PM
Post #1506

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Kpasa @ May 22 2008, 05:31 PM) *

seriously.

I have to agree with this.

A man who acts like this is probably someone who is selfish and mean in other ways, too.

QUOTE(Kpasa @ May 22 2008, 05:31 PM) *
I SERIOUSLY THINK EVERYONE'S MAN SHOULD GO ON THE ACIDOPHILUS SHIT!!!!

Probiotics really wouldn't hurt them in any way. Probably good for them, too. I'm not sure if it would help the BV situation, though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kpasa
post May 22 2008, 06:14 PM
Post #1507

BUSTie

QUOTE(reagan @ May 21 2008, 07:43 PM) *
Hello ladies. I am suffering with bv since my youngest son was born 8 years ago. I have been misdiagnosed on many ocassions. The smell is so bad during sex, my husband hates having sex with me. We only have it when he gets drunk so about three or four times a year. Then he can't keep it up. He hates talking about it and when we argue he tells me in a very crude way that I stink. What are the short term fixes with the smell and long term cure?

seriously.
i hate it when any man acts like its YOUR problem that your vag is acting up when HE PUTS THE SHIT IN THERE!!#@%$

I SERIOUSLY THINK EVERYONE'S MAN SHOULD GO ON THE ACIDOPHILUS SHIT!!!! oh and make them drink a SHITload of water and juice a day so THEY get to bitch about something.

seriously all these winy men can come kiss MY ass. UGH

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post May 22 2008, 06:50 AM
Post #1508

Hardcore BUSTie

I have BV again. I felt it brewing right after my last pap. It's probably the lube they put on the speculum. I don't use lube in my personal life because it gives me yeast and/or makes me feel "off." So now I have to schlep back there and they'll say they have to examine me again and I'll have to track down some lube that doesn't have fucking glycerin in it and ask them to use that... such a pain.

+Quote Post
lori
post May 21 2008, 10:30 PM
Post #1509

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey all, I put my blog back up. (link is in my sig) I was going to move it elsewhere, but the re-formatting is taking a looong time.

Some of the info. needs updating, and I'm still working on it. But since we have so many newbies around (hi ladies!) I thought it would still be useful as is.

--------------------

+Quote Post
newlife69
post May 21 2008, 09:29 PM
Post #1510

Hello Ladies,

I have not logged in for quite a long while. In my initial post I thought I had found somewhat of a "cure" with folic acid. It alone did not work. Like a lot of us, I went back to Metrogel in desperation. What a mess. I also tried the peroxide rinses which temporarily helped with the odor and discharge but left me rather dry during sex. One day I was catching up on this blog and read about the Fem-D. I couldn't find it anywhere. However, I did find something with similar ingredients (Primadophilus Reuteri by Nature's Way). I bought it at The Vitamin Shoppe. I began taking it on the first of May. With all the talk referencing imbalances I began to think that possibly I had a hormonal imbalance as well. Since my initial post I also had a vaginal hysterectomy (kept the ovaries). Yes, my periods were just that bad. Anyway, I googled hormone imbalances and began to read all about it. I took a couple of online surveys which surmised that I was suffering from estrogen dominance. So of course, I ran to my local GNC and purchased Femgest, a natural progesterone cream. I began using it on the fifth of May. Today things are much fresher below. I don't know if it is the synergy of both products or what. I am just thankful that something is working. I also take all of the recommended vitamins, minerals, and supplements. The progesterone has done wonders for my moodiness and energy. I am anxious to see what the long term results will be. I'll keep you posted.

Newlife

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post May 21 2008, 08:35 PM
Post #1511

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lupe @ May 21 2008, 05:50 PM) *
I had asked this a couple days ago, but didn't get a response. Does the tea tree oil sting/burn your male partner? Do you use the TTO every night or what. Can someone tell me their regimen please. Also which is better for bv, tto or boric acid? This is great information, but it's information overload...

lupe,
sorry, i don't know too much about ba or tto. but what i do know is that when i used ba awhile back it helped but when i stopped that damn bv crap came back. i'm gonna try tto as maintenance so i don't know about that too much. look on jewelscando's blog. she cured herself from bv with just tto, but remember....everyone is different and what works for her might not work for you and vice versa.

sooo sad

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post May 21 2008, 08:30 PM
Post #1512

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(reagan @ May 21 2008, 08:43 PM) *

awww honey...i'm so sorry that you have had this damn bv for 8 years. well, right now i'm suffering too but i can tell you that alot of ladies here are taking femdophilus by jarrows. it's a probiotic designed especially for the vaginal tract and alot of the ladies here say it helps with the smell, including me. also, my advice, get treated but while on treatment take the femdophilus(recommended 2 while on antibiotics) or if you've been on alot of antibiotics, like most of us had and that shit just comes right back, you can try tea tree oil or boric acid. i've done the boric acid and when i stopped that shit came right back, but i wasn't taking femd at that time also. so maybe if i was, i would be better? who knows! i purchased some tto the other day and i think i'm gonna do that as maintenance after i try metrogel + femd. i have to wait cause i'm on the damn rag...always something coming up.

hope this was helpful,

sooo sad

+Quote Post
reagan
post May 21 2008, 06:26 PM
Post #1513

+Quote Post
lupe
post May 21 2008, 03:33 PM
Post #1514

I had asked this a couple days ago, but didn't get a response. Does the tea tree oil sting/burn your male partner? Do you use the TTO every night or what. Can someone tell me their regimen please. Also which is better for bv, tto or boric acid? This is great information, but it's information overload...

+Quote Post
ihatethishit21
post May 21 2008, 12:12 AM
Post #1515

QUOTE(neverending @ May 19 2008, 07:50 AM) *
Thanks, I think everybody here has done a wonderful job here. I think this board is one of the best on the net for women looking for info/support. Also, you should be proud of yourself. You have done what most people won't, which is research for yourself. Then make informed decisions as to what is best for you. Most people take the doctors word for it and that's it. So, with that being said, pat yourself on the back.

LADIES: THE HUSBAND AND I HAVE DECIDED TO MOVE SO I WON'T BE HERE AS MUCH UNTIL THE END OF JUNE OR MIDDLE JULY. WE REALLY NEED TO RESEARCH AND CHECK OUT AS MANY PLACES AS WE CAN BEFORE WE MAKE OUR DECISION. I WILL CHECK IN AS OFTEN AS I CAN. TAKE CARE LADIES!

HELLO LADIES! I NEW HERE AND I WAS READING THE LADY POST ABOVE ME SHE USED PROXIDE? WHAT'S THAT ABOUT AND DOES IT WORK unsure.gif

+Quote Post
damselindistress
post May 20 2008, 10:31 AM
Post #1516

BUSTie

QUOTE(sooo sad @ May 20 2008, 12:01 PM) *
HI DAMSELINDISTRESS

i feel ya...i've had bv since june/july of 2007 and it seems like i can't get rid of it either. i tried flagyl and femd and finished on 04/25 and the bv was gone but i always have a discharge. then i went to the dr recently and the bv is back. is clindesse a one dose thing? i've done some research and some doctors don't like to use one dose treatments cause it's not as effective as 5-7 day treatments and doctors prefer metrogel (vaginal flagyl) over any other creams. i'm trying that next for 7 days + the femd and i'm probably gonna do maintenance with tto or boric acid...not sure which one yet. my period is coming soon so i have to wait to do the treatment. and also, my opinion, i think tto capsules undiluted is better than the tto suppositories cause it's 100% and nothing is added to it. i don't know how you should use the tto hun...in one blog i read, she used it for 2 days then waited 1 week before having sex and would use it every time after sex. i don't know how i'm gonna do the tto too...

i hope all of us can bet this damn bv from hell!!!!

sooo sad

Ugh, I'm lurking today, anxious for answers, as usual. I'm so confused. The dr's office says my vaginal culture was negative again, but last Monday and today I have all the symptoms of BV, when she looked under the microscope, I had BV and they found strep in my urine. How can the culture say negative? I almost wish it would be positive for SOMETHING, b/c then I could FIX it. Clindesse is a one-dose treatment. Even with insurance, my co-pay was $35 dollars and I've used it three times in the last few months. I gave it another chance, but no more - the BV came right back like before. It reminded me of the Rephresh I tried. It was a white cream and after a day or so I had that toilet-paper like stuff in me like everyone talks about with Rephresh. The five day treatment of Flagyl applied vaginally kept the BV away for 3 weeks, then BAM - it came back. I don't think you're supposed to use the tea tree oil undiluted. Everything I've read says a 40% solution or you could burn your skin and cause irritation. One time I had a pimple on my backside, yeah I know, yuck, but I put straight tea tree oil on a bandaid (cause it helps with infections on the skin) and left the bandaid on overnight. When I woke up the next morning, it had burned my skin pretty badly. I still have the scar so I'm scared of what it might do to your suzy full-force. Good luck and let me know of any failures/success, k? Chin up, little soldier, at least it's not cancer or something, right?

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post May 20 2008, 09:44 AM
Post #1517

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(damselindistress @ May 20 2008, 09:03 AM) *
Hi, Busties. I used Clindesse last Monday, this Monday the infection is back. It seems like now that I've been TRYING to get rid of it, it's getting worse. I originally found out I had it at the doctor's office after a yearly exam, the symptoms were mild. Now, it's worse. I've tried the Flagyl along with double doses of Femdophilus, Clindesse twice, still taking the two Femdophilus but it just keeps coming back. I know TTO is an antiseptic, but I'm desperate to try just about anything. I tried a TTO suppository for the first time last night and no burning or mess or anything, so that's good....but I have a question. Those of you who have used TTO when you had an infection, did you use it for six days like the package says?? Hurry and reply 'cuz I need to know if I should use it again tonight!
The first time this happened, I had that fishy smell after sex. I was "in love" with an ex-stripper turned IT professional, imagine that. Turns out he's slept with half the town, and half of THEM when we were together. What was I thinking? I guess a leopard doesn't change their spots, but he had the best ass and abs I'd ever seen, shoo-wee. When it first happened, we'd been together two years and he blamed me, of course. I went to the doctor and they couldn't find anything wrong. That was 13 years ago and I was never diagnosed with BV until now. I guess that means it CAN go away on its own without treatment, I dunno.

HI DAMSELINDISTRESS

i feel ya...i've had bv since june/july of 2007 and it seems like i can't get rid of it either. i tried flagyl and femd and finished on 04/25 and the bv was gone but i always have a discharge. then i went to the dr recently and the bv is back. is clindesse a one dose thing? i've done some research and some doctors don't like to use one dose treatments cause it's not as effective as 5-7 day treatments and doctors prefer metrogel (vaginal flagyl) over any other creams. i'm trying that next for 7 days + the femd and i'm probably gonna do maintenance with tto or boric acid...not sure which one yet. my period is coming soon so i have to wait to do the treatment. and also, my opinion, i think tto capsules undiluted is better than the tto suppositories cause it's 100% and nothing is added to it. i don't know how you should use the tto hun...in one blog i read, she used it for 2 days then waited 1 week before having sex and would use it every time after sex. i don't know how i'm gonna do the tto too...

i hope all of us can bet this damn bv from hell!!!!

sooo sad

+Quote Post
damselindistress
post May 20 2008, 06:46 AM
Post #1518

BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ May 20 2008, 05:26 AM) *
I think this is a really good point. It's easy to think of BV as an infection, but it's technically not. And you think you just need to wipe it out, but it's really about getting back the balance. This is why antibiotics or antiseptics really only work for a short period of time, for so many ladies.

Hi, Busties. I used Clindesse last Monday, this Monday the infection is back. It seems like now that I've been TRYING to get rid of it, it's getting worse. I originally found out I had it at the doctor's office after a yearly exam, the symptoms were mild. Now, it's worse. I've tried the Flagyl along with double doses of Femdophilus, Clindesse twice, still taking the two Femdophilus but it just keeps coming back. I know TTO is an antiseptic, but I'm desperate to try just about anything. I tried a TTO suppository for the first time last night and no burning or mess or anything, so that's good....but I have a question. Those of you who have used TTO when you had an infection, did you use it for six days like the package says?? Hurry and reply 'cuz I need to know if I should use it again tonight!
The first time this happened, I had that fishy smell after sex. I was "in love" with an ex-stripper turned IT professional, imagine that. Turns out he's slept with half the town, and half of THEM when we were together. What was I thinking? I guess a leopard doesn't change their spots, but he had the best ass and abs I'd ever seen, shoo-wee. When it first happened, we'd been together two years and he blamed me, of course. I went to the doctor and they couldn't find anything wrong. That was 13 years ago and I was never diagnosed with BV until now. I guess that means it CAN go away on its own without treatment, I dunno.

+Quote Post
lori
post May 20 2008, 03:09 AM
Post #1519

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Kpasa @ May 18 2008, 08:52 PM) *
I also noticed a lot of you are talking about a "cure" for BV, but I tend to look at it as an overgrowth of naturally occurring bodily flora. For example, you got yeast in yo vag and you goan keep it there, but when it acts up you get an 'infection' but its just too much of the shit you already got....nothing's invading you and taking over....it's just inviting too many friends to the party. so you just calm things down with a monistat or whatever....you don't 'cure' it, but set it back on the right track and go on 'bout yo bidness.

I think this is a really good point. It's easy to think of BV as an infection, but it's technically not. And you think you just need to wipe it out, but it's really about getting back the balance. This is why antibiotics or antiseptics really only work for a short period of time, for so many ladies.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sciongal
post May 19 2008, 04:35 PM
Post #1520

BUSTie

Hi neverending...best of luck to you and your family.....don't get too stressed out and you'll be missed!! come back soooooooon........
QUOTE(neverending @ May 19 2008, 08:50 AM) *
Thanks, I think everybody here has done a wonderful job here. I think this board is one of the best on the net for women looking for info/support. Also, you should be proud of yourself. You have done what most people won't, which is research for yourself. Then make informed decisions as to what is best for you. Most people take the doctors word for it and that's it. So, with that being said, pat yourself on the back.

LADIES: THE HUSBAND AND I HAVE DECIDED TO MOVE SO I WON'T BE HERE AS MUCH UNTIL THE END OF JUNE OR MIDDLE JULY. WE REALLY NEED TO RESEARCH AND CHECK OUT AS MANY PLACES AS WE CAN BEFORE WE MAKE OUR DECISION. I WILL CHECK IN AS OFTEN AS I CAN. TAKE CARE LADIES!

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 74 75 76 77 78 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 18, 2014 - 07:32 AM