271 Pages V  « < 79 80 81 82 83 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
quietmadness
post May 2 2008, 10:41 AM
Post #1601

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey y'all!

Just a quickie check in to let you know that as of taking the fem-doph for two full weeks, I am without a smell and excessive discharge! biggrin.gif

I took one pill for about 5 days, just to let my body "get used" to the new bacteria. Then I switched to taking 2 every morning. I can remember to take it pretty easily, because I reach for my water pills at the same time, haha!

Plus----I've used the boric acid caps on and off since January and they work well for getting rid of odor, but not for the discharge. THIS WEEK, I have used one ba gelcap. That's it. Nothing else!

For the past two days, (sex on Tuesday) I've had no smell other than the normal, sea water vinegary smell that is mine. No discharge other than what's normal. I haven't been running to freshen up, haven't had to wear a pantiliner either.

I have to say, if this keeps up, this stuff has effectively killed whatever bad shit was up in there and has balanced out the wetness factor, smell, everything. I will have to write to the manufacturer to let them know if this keeps working well. I will never be without that stuff ever again!

--Quiet--
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 1 2008, 04:06 PM
Post #1602

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(ambercat1977 @ May 1 2008, 03:52 PM) *
I joined just to let you all know what has worked for me. I have had chronic bv/yeast infections as long as I can remember. Of all the things I have tried, boric acid works the best for both conditions. You can buy it for dirt cheap at a pharmacy (you may have to ask a pharmacist, as mine keeps it behind the counter). Then fill an empty gel cap (you can get these at pharmacies or health food stores) and insert vaginally at bed time. When I start to feel either bv or a yeast infection coming on, I use this for 1 or 2 nights and it goes away (for a while anyways lol). For an infection that is already in full swing you might want to do it for as many as 5 nights.

A couple of warnings about the boric acid... I have read that some women are sensitive to it, and find it burns, so you may want to to a little test "dab" before inserting an entire capsule. I have never had any problem with it at all, but I would hate to be responsible for someone else's burning discomfort. Secondly, this treatment can be kinda messy, which is why I do it at night, and you will still want to wear a panty liner or something the next day. Lastly, everything I have read suggests that you don't use boric acid while you're pregnant.

I hope this helps someone as much as it has helped me.

Thank you to both new girls for their information on their experiences. Once again ladies... please be carefull with the Boric Acid!!! I was alergic to it and developed a rash on my arms and forehead, that left scars.

Also, to repeat what Lori has said over and over, your goal here should be to take and keep away B.V. Boric Acid and Hydrogen Peroxide wash's just mask the problem, with it only to return after your next period, or days later. Garlic cloves have also been tried on this board, with good results, however NOT LASTING results.

If you've taken the time to search B.V. and have found this site, then you are serious about finding a cure for youself. Hopefully, you will take the time to read through the threads and save yourself the time and money by not doing what others have already tried, that did not work LONG TERM.

I'm still a believer in the TTO suppossitories. I've been BV free for some time now. And I haven't had to use it after sex anymore. HOWEVER, I do NOT know, if it was the TTO that took it away, or if my body just changed. I suffered with BV for about 6yrs straight, then used TTO and now it's gone. But I'm also close to 40yrs old, have had a hysterectomy (no Peroids) and have reduced the stress levels in my life.

I think there's many different reasons woman get BV. The goal is to find the ROOT of the problem and fix that. So far, I feel Lori's suggestion of the Doctors visit, with the correct prescription, along with use of the Fem-dophilus is the best, most logical way to go.

+Quote Post
CarrieBradshaw
post May 1 2008, 02:29 PM
Post #1603

BUSTie

QUOTE(sooo sad @ May 1 2008, 08:19 AM) *
hi ladies...

well, another bv update...

the discharge is better but it's still there....i'm gonna say about 10% still there. i just feel "wet" most of the time. i'm wondering should i do maintanence? i'm kinda confused right now. i was soo excited but i hope i wasn't too excited. this is kinda the same thing that happened the last time i took flagyl back in january.....but the discharge isn't as much as before. i hope it doesn't come back.....i'm seriously thinking about tto twice a week as maintanence. suggestions please!!!

sooo sad

I didn't feel "normal" for a long time after the flagyl, but I even went to my gyno about 2 weeks after the flagyl and she said I was all clear. Maybe it's just me, but it took me a while to feel 100% normal again.....but, if you still feel sick, might wanna check with the gyno. Sorry, I know how absolutely frustrating that is!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
maxcindy
post May 1 2008, 11:32 AM
Post #1604

I've had bouts with BV for the last 5 years. Usually went to my doctor, was given a prescription for clindamycin, finished the medicine and waited for the next bout. I have a copay of $50 for the dr visit, another copay of 20% for my meds (usually my out-of-pocket expense was about $15) and factor in my time going to the dr and pharmacy, dealing with reocurring BV gets to be expensive. I finally thought there had to be another way of treating this. My dr never mentioned holistic therapies. After researching online I decided to try the garlic clove method (with a little hesitancy I might add). I took one peeled clove, wrapped it in a piece of sterile gauze (you know the kind you buy at the drugstore in the first-aid aisle) and pushed up into my vagina. I did a course of continual garlic clove (changing to a fresh clove/gauze every 6 hours) for 3 days straight, then switched to only at night fo the next 3 days. I was amazed to find that the BV completely cleared up! No smell, no discharge, the irritation was gone (labia and urethra) and I felt NORMAL. The cost? A bulb of garlic was $1.27 and the roll of sterile gauze was $3.97. I didn't want to overkill on therapy, but I did follow-up one week later with a 50/50 hydrogen peroxide douche. Now I plan to react fast with the garlic therapy at the faintest hint/whiff of another BV attack! smile.gif

+Quote Post
ambercat1977
post May 1 2008, 09:35 AM
Post #1605

I joined just to let you all know what has worked for me. I have had chronic bv/yeast infections as long as I can remember. Of all the things I have tried, boric acid works the best for both conditions. You can buy it for dirt cheap at a pharmacy (you may have to ask a pharmacist, as mine keeps it behind the counter). Then fill an empty gel cap (you can get these at pharmacies or health food stores) and insert vaginally at bed time. When I start to feel either bv or a yeast infection coming on, I use this for 1 or 2 nights and it goes away (for a while anyways lol). For an infection that is already in full swing you might want to do it for as many as 5 nights.

A couple of warnings about the boric acid... I have read that some women are sensitive to it, and find it burns, so you may want to to a little test "dab" before inserting an entire capsule. I have never had any problem with it at all, but I would hate to be responsible for someone else's burning discomfort. Secondly, this treatment can be kinda messy, which is why I do it at night, and you will still want to wear a panty liner or something the next day. Lastly, everything I have read suggests that you don't use boric acid while you're pregnant.

I hope this helps someone as much as it has helped me.

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post May 1 2008, 07:02 AM
Post #1606

Hardcore BUSTie

hi ladies...

well, another bv update...

the discharge is better but it's still there....i'm gonna say about 10% still there. i just feel "wet" most of the time. i'm wondering should i do maintanence? i'm kinda confused right now. i was soo excited but i hope i wasn't too excited. this is kinda the same thing that happened the last time i took flagyl back in january.....but the discharge isn't as much as before. i hope it doesn't come back.....i'm seriously thinking about tto twice a week as maintanence. suggestions please!!!

sooo sad

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post May 1 2008, 06:57 AM
Post #1607

Hardcore BUSTie

meg 18,

i agree with lori...alot of the women here have had good results with the femdophilus by jarrows.

good luck!!!

+Quote Post
lori
post Apr 30 2008, 02:43 PM
Post #1608

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Meg18 @ Apr 30 2008, 05:58 AM) *
Hey everyone,

I'm new here and I only joined because I found this thread...

Maybe someone here can help me.

I went to my doctor about a month ago, told her my symptoms (white, gooey discharge, burning) and she told me that I probably had a yeast infection. I took the pill she prescribed me, and it didn't do anything. Then I went to the GYN and she told me it was bacterial vaginosis, because of the fishy smell. I took those pills, and the discharge has slowed considerably, but the smell is still there!
I don't know what to do...

A second problem --
I'm 18 and have never had sex..
I want to with my boyfriend but I'm scared to because of the smell unsure.gif and I don't know what he'll do. I've never let him go down on me becuase of it... If theres any way to get rid of the smell, I would LOVE to hear about it...

Thanks soo much..

Hey Meg18,

I highly recommend Fem-dophilus. Many ladies in this group (incl. me) have had great results. Here's an excerpt from my blog. It's not updated, but it will give you some basic info.:

Fem-Dophilus (Jarrow)
  • Cons: expensive
  • Conclusion: So far, the this is the most promising and effective product. All the members who have had the best, long-term results have used Fem-Dophilus as a part of their regimen. Highly recommended, based on the research and anecdotal evidence. Buy it refrigerated for maximum potency. (Unfortunately, posters have reported that the bottle arrives warm, even if they select expedited shipping from online merchants who offer cold-packs. So it looks like buying it directly from Whole Foods is the best option.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Meg18
post Apr 30 2008, 06:41 AM
Post #1609

Hey everyone,

I'm new here and I only joined because I found this thread...

Maybe someone here can help me.

I went to my doctor about a month ago, told her my symptoms (white, gooey discharge, burning) and she told me that I probably had a yeast infection. I took the pill she prescribed me, and it didn't do anything. Then I went to the GYN and she told me it was bacterial vaginosis, because of the fishy smell. I took those pills, and the discharge has slowed considerably, but the smell is still there!
I don't know what to do...

A second problem --
I'm 18 and have never had sex..
I want to with my boyfriend but I'm scared to because of the smell unsure.gif and I don't know what he'll do. I've never let him go down on me becuase of it... If theres any way to get rid of the smell, I would LOVE to hear about it...

Thanks soo much..

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Apr 29 2008, 11:19 AM
Post #1610

Hardcore BUSTie

hello lovely ladies!

bv update!

well, i finished the flagyl (three times a day for 10 days) on fri, april, 25. i was also taking fem d twice a day. towards the middle of treatment i started my period and i couldn't believe that it was a "normal" period. before it would feel really uncomfortable and i had white discharge mixed with period...i know ...it's gross! but not this time!!! i couldn't believe what i was feeling and seeing. the discharge is about 95% gone and i feel great! i still don't feel 100% like my normal self yet but i'm thinking that will take time since i had this damn thing for 10 months. i probably need to give it time. and i haven't had sex yet... kinda scared and i don't know if i need to do maintanence...any suggestions? i know most ladies that are taking just fem d isn't doing anything for maintanence, but i so darn paranoided that it will come back. i did buy sylk though for when i do have sex. i think i'm gonna wait another week or so.

love ya ladies and thanks for alllll the advice and suggestions. us ladies will beat this !!!! i seriously have a different perspective on life now. i'm gonna try and hit all bv blogs and give my advice to help all sufferers.....

sooo sad

+Quote Post
CarrieBradshaw
post Apr 28 2008, 12:33 PM
Post #1611

BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ Apr 28 2008, 01:41 PM) *
That is so great to hear!

Previously, I wrote that no one should be using Fem-D vaginally, because there were some women who have tried it in here, and have had bad results, with their discharge turning weird.

But I think I changed my mind after reading the FAQ on jarrow's own site:
Seems like they're giving everyone the go-ahead to use it this way, without explicitly saying so.

Personally, I still wouldn't do it. But that's just my own personal caution. Since Jarrow's own site is basically saying, "it's up to you," without a big warning against it, I think it's probably ... okay. Since the capsules are made of gelatin, hopefully that means they will break down completely in the vagina?

Do keep in mind that there are some women who have tried it and didn't like the results. But I'm no longer going to scream "NOOOO!" at the suggestion.

(Also - I have read the FAQ before, and I don't remember it saying this, or else I definitely would have made a note of it. It was a while ago, though. The Fem-D's packaging looked different, for one thing.)

I actually used it vaginally a couple times when I first started. As far as the weird discharge.....

Everytime I used it vaginally, about 6 hours later a gloop (not quite as big as a glob) of "something" would come out. I figured it was the part of the capsule that didn't completely dissolve. This happened EVERYTIME I did it (maybe 5-10 times...can't remember). Anyways, it wasn't a bad thing, because it was once and it was over. It was clear/slightly whitish.....seemed like most of it (the insides anyways) had dissolved while up there though.

However, I have just fine results taking it orally. I seriously love FemD so much that I actually catch myself pondering how much I love it sometimes. smile.gif How dorky is that? It truly is a lifesaver.

Good luck to everyone as always....

P.S. the only reason I used it vaginally was because of a lecture I listened to by the creator - Dr. Reid - and he said he had tested it vaginally. But that it hadn't been FDA approved or something...can't really remember....

+Quote Post
lori
post Apr 28 2008, 12:24 PM
Post #1612

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(quietmadness @ Apr 28 2008, 01:37 AM) *
The Fem-dophilus is evidently pretty good stuff. Lessened my discharge quite noticeably. Today, I didn't even need to use a pantiliner. Plus the smell has lessened, so whatever it is it must be working.

I will be ordering another bottle on Friday, just to make sure I don't run out. I'm now up to two each day...they said to start out with one and increase to two.

Good stuff.

--Quiet--

That is so great to hear!

Previously, I wrote that no one should be using Fem-D vaginally, because there were some women who have tried it in here, and have had bad results, with their discharge turning weird.

But I think I changed my mind after reading the FAQ on jarrow's own site:

http://www.jarrow.com/product-391
Can Fem-Dophilus be used as a suppository?

The probiotic strains in Fem-Dophilus, RC-14 and GR-1, have been researched for over 20 years to provide efficacy when taken as an oral supplement. The two probiotic strains in Fem-Dophilus have been shown to be very safe in humans. The excipients that are used in each capsule are naturally derived ingredients, and the Fem-Dophilus capsules are made out of gelatin. We direct consumers to take Fem-Dophilus orally, but it is up to each consumer how to best supplement with this product.

Seems like they're giving everyone the go-ahead to use it this way, without explicitly saying so.

Personally, I still wouldn't do it. But that's just my own personal caution. Since Jarrow's own site is basically saying, "it's up to you," without a big warning against it, I think it's probably ... okay. Since the capsules are made of gelatin, hopefully that means they will break down completely in the vagina?

Do keep in mind that there are some women who have tried it and didn't like the results. But I'm no longer going to scream "NOOOO!" at the suggestion.

(Also - I have read the FAQ before, and I don't remember it saying this, or else I definitely would have made a note of it. It was a while ago, though. The Fem-D's packaging looked different, for one thing.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
shan4606
post Apr 28 2008, 11:29 AM
Post #1613

QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Apr 28 2008, 11:06 AM) *
I wonder if the acidophilus is supposed to keep yeast at bay too??? Apparently not. At least its not BV this time. I'm trying to stay positive!

I have had BV for over 2 years once,Then after trying everything...REPHESH worked best. Then I weened off it, and now about 1 1/2 years later, Its back. I do take Acidillious daily (The 2 Billion each capsule) and Azo Yeast daily, Plus Rephesh...I dont know what it came back. Some doctors say because of too many sugars. It sucks.I feel hopeless and damaged again.I only smelled the "fishy"smell once after sex last week, and I havent smelled it since, Which usually I can smell all the time..Im so friggin confused. mad.gif

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Apr 28 2008, 09:49 AM
Post #1614

Hardcore BUSTie

I wonder if the acidophilus is supposed to keep yeast at bay too??? Apparently not. At least its not BV this time. I'm trying to stay positive!

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Apr 28 2008, 02:20 AM
Post #1615

Hardcore BUSTie

The Fem-dophilus is evidently pretty good stuff. Lessened my discharge quite noticeably. Today, I didn't even need to use a pantiliner. Plus the smell has lessened, so whatever it is it must be working.

I will be ordering another bottle on Friday, just to make sure I don't run out. I'm now up to two each day...they said to start out with one and increase to two.

Good stuff.

--Quiet--

+Quote Post
lori
post Apr 26 2008, 07:23 PM
Post #1616

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jularee @ Apr 26 2008, 09:40 AM) *
Thanks Lori and Neverending! I've tried Rephresh already and I didn't like it. It gave me a chunky tissue papery discharge for a day or so after using it. blink.gif

Probably shouldn't Replens, then. I think the same thing happens.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jularee
post Apr 26 2008, 10:23 AM
Post #1617

BUSTie

Thanks Lori and Neverending! I've tried Rephresh already and I didn't like it. It gave me a chunky tissue papery discharge for a day or so after using it. blink.gif

+Quote Post
tabby
post Apr 25 2008, 01:28 PM
Post #1618

BUSTie

Hello smile.gif

I was asked to come back and report on how it's going with the boric acid.

I was suffering with continual burning and a yeast/bv mix that would not clear up.

I started using 1 boric acid suppository at night. I was afraid it would cause more burning but it didn't. The next day my symptoms were slightly improving so i decided to go with one in the morning and one and night and within 4 days my symptoms were completely gone and did not return.

I decided to get into my gyn and see if any bacteria or yeast were present. There were no clue cells, and only a trace of yeast. I'm feeling so much better now that the vicious burning has gone.

Thanks!

+Quote Post
lori
post Apr 25 2008, 01:12 PM
Post #1619

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jularee @ Apr 25 2008, 10:02 AM) *
Quick question for you ladies though: lately I've been noticing that I'm a little dry during sex and it BURNS so much. Any of you recommend a certain lube to try?

The V Book recommends Replens, which contains lactic acid (found in healthy vaginas) with a very low pH.

You might also want to try Rephresh, which is made by the same company.

--------------------

+Quote Post
neverending
post Apr 25 2008, 11:53 AM
Post #1620

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jularee @ Apr 25 2008, 06:02 PM) *
Hi ladies! Haven't been here in a while. I hope things are going well for everyone. Just wanted to give a quick update. Things are still going very well for me now. Not doing too much as far as maintenance. Every now and then I'll take a FemD after sex but that's pretty much it. To all the newbies: welcome to the board! Quick question for you ladies though: lately I've been noticing that I'm a little dry during sex and it BURNS so much. Any of you recommend a certain lube to try?

try sylk

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 79 80 81 82 83 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 31, 2014 - 12:26 AM