The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

38 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> large breast support group (cuz we actually need it!)
vesta
post Jul 16 2008, 11:12 AM
Post #341

Girl, frustrated, I had a reduction just about 2 years ago and it was one of the best decisions I have made regarding my body. I was miserable (at the chiropractor on average 4 times a week). My medical insurance actually covered most of it as "medically necessary." Recovery wasn't too bad. Just make sure you find a doc you're comfortable with. Looking back on it, I almost wish I had had the guts to take off a little more! I was so used to having these enormous breasts that I was scared to go too "small" (I went from an DDD to a C). Good luck!

--------------------
The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get less than you settled for. (Maureen Dowd)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Jul 11 2008, 02:01 PM
Post #342

Hardcore BUSTie

kittenb, I once had a massage therapist who would massage my pec area. I mostly saw her for my back but during the massage she would have me turn over and massage me just above my breasts. It was crazy how tight those muscles felt! I kind of wish I could find someone like her again because she was really good at deep tissue massages.

I haven't lost any weight yet (I haven't really been trying very hard) but I'm curious about how it will affect my bra size. Right now I'm a 40DD and I just want to be a bit smaller! I'd be happy being a 38D.

+Quote Post
blackscorpion
post Jul 10 2008, 07:42 PM
Post #343

QUOTE(mamsack @ Jul 6 2008, 11:47 AM) *
[quote name='auralpoison' I'd rather be judged on my supersize boobs than live in a mudhut in Rawanda, y'know what I mean?
that's for dang sure. good answer

Two things:
1) AP, did you send me that quote for the clothes (comment, below)? could you post it here?
2) blackscorpion, sorry you're having a rough time. i, for one, don't care if you're a lesbian and got my own boobs to stare at wink.gif ignore everyone else and just enjoy your girlfriend and your boobs. and her boobs. smile.gif

Thanks so much, mamsack. I am really glad for this site, it really makes me feel comfortable. And yes, I do enjoy my girlfriend's boobs very much wink.gif. We had a ton of fun ordering bras online the other day, actually. Anyone know a site where we can find some cheaper ones? (My g/f is a 32 G, she's just as difficult to shop for as I am).

+Quote Post
Girl, frustrated
post Jul 10 2008, 10:25 AM
Post #344

BUSTie

I think this is a great forum. everyone is talking about getting bigger boobs...but women with large breasts know it is not a walk in the park... i am 5'6, 110 pounds...with a 34DD. i have considered reduction...but the cost, time off work, the pain...it is not an easy decision to make.

+Quote Post
pug
post Jul 10 2008, 03:51 AM
Post #345

I have horrible posture. It's something I try to think about and correct, but it's impossible to think about it 24 hours a day. Sometimes I pass by mirrors and think to myself: Oh dear God, I need to fix my posture!

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Jul 9 2008, 09:46 AM
Post #346

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

It can really be an act of courage to stand straight. Everything looks different in your figure. However, as you noticed, it is something that is within your control.
Having watched my mother get diagnosed w/degenerative arthritis in her neck and knowing that the women in my family tend to shrink as they get older, I really try hard not to slouch. I don't want to be in that kind of pain. I think that is why people tend to think I weigh less than I do. I don't carry myself the way a 185 person is "supposed" to.
People can watch out for their own I eyes I figure. wink.gif

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Jul 9 2008, 08:08 AM
Post #347

Hardcore BUSTie

I do get back/neck pain from my boobs, but I think my bad posture is mostly my own fault. I constantly roll my shoulders forward and round out the top of my back to minimize my bust. I look like quasimodo and it gives me a gut but it's so automatic. when I stand up straight I feel weird, almost naked, and when I look in the mirror I am horrified. It looks like I could poke someone's eyes out.

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Jul 8 2008, 09:13 PM
Post #348

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

I went from a 38DDD to a 38DD last year. Loosing weight can make a difference but not as much for some of us. I don't know if my breasts actually look that much different or if they just seem to fit into clothes better now.
This is all my opinion, btw. I think that larger breasts often look quite lovely.
One thing I would like to suggest for women having posture issues related to breast size is pectoral massage. Find a massage therapist who you trust and who is willing to work within your comfort level (pec massage can hurt like a mofo the first couple of times. Never trust a therapist who does not respect your pain. There might be discomfort but you will know the difference. Take it from a professional.) Maybe look for an MT who deals with fibromyalgia. They are used to working w/people with a lower pain tolerance.
Pec massage can open and loosen the muscles that spent all the waking hours supporting our busts. As these muscles tighten and compress, our upper back muscles are forced to over stretch and work too hard to hold us upright. Pec massage can feel like the therapist has given you permission to breathe again. smile.gif

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
mamsack
post Jul 8 2008, 07:04 PM
Post #349

BUSTie

QUOTE(vesta @ Jul 8 2008, 08:07 PM) *
Hey ya'll, I'm finally back to the lounge after a mental sabbatical and need your help! On Thursday (yes, as in 2 days from now) I have to get a portrait taken with my sister (Note: STICK figure) that will forever hang on my parent's wall. I'm at a point right now that I absolutely HATE my body and since we're having the pic taken in a garden, we've been instructed by the photographer to wear white (yeah, right) or a lighter color top. So, not only can I not wear black but I have to stand next to my sis who I've got about 60 pounds on (and we're supposed to match). My dilemma is what in the hell to wear that will not make me look like a complete blimp. Any suggestions? I'm 'only' a 38D (post-reduction) and I just for one day (screw that, one hour!) want to feel beautiful so that I don't have to worry about crying every time I see this picture (which will be 16" X 20" on the freakin' wall!).

something tailored around the waist, pick a collar that suits you (square neck?), stand 3/4 to side with hands on hips if possible, chin down. might as well make the girls look tall and proud, if you're next to the stick. anthropologists will find that picture later and feel sorry for her that she was clearly too small to breed. wink.gif

+Quote Post
vesta
post Jul 8 2008, 06:50 PM
Post #350

Hey ya'll, I'm finally back to the lounge after a mental sabbatical and need your help! On Thursday (yes, as in 2 days from now) I have to get a portrait taken with my sister (Note: STICK figure) that will forever hang on my parent's wall. I'm at a point right now that I absolutely HATE my body and since we're having the pic taken in a garden, we've been instructed by the photographer to wear white (yeah, right) or a lighter color top. So, not only can I not wear black but I have to stand next to my sis who I've got about 60 pounds on (and we're supposed to match). My dilemma is what in the hell to wear that will not make me look like a complete blimp. Any suggestions? I'm 'only' a 38D (post-reduction) and I just for one day (screw that, one hour!) want to feel beautiful so that I don't have to worry about crying every time I see this picture (which will be 16" X 20" on the freakin' wall!).

--------------------
The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get less than you settled for. (Maureen Dowd)

+Quote Post
thirtiesgirl
post Jul 8 2008, 05:59 PM
Post #351

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(mamsack @ Jul 8 2008, 04:39 PM) *
I have exactly the same physical profile, but taller with bigger chest. however. i would argue/caution/wonder: does the tunic over pants exaggerate the "barrel on stilts" effect we have (I have) going on????

Personally, I think it depends on the tunic. The uber-long ones that hit below my hips and butt often have that effect. The shorter ones that reach just to my hips, or right above them are generally pretty good, as long as the top is cut so that the fabric under the bust line and down isn't too flowy and billowy. To quote Clinton's line from 'What Not To Wear,' as long as it 'floats gently away from the body,' it tends to look ok on me. Too flowy & billowy and I start looking like I'm about to do a Stevie Nicks twirl, looking like a barrel on stilts. And that just ain't right.

Oh, and I also wear a lot of kimono-type tops, too. Which are sort of tunic-y tops, but with less billow going on below the bustline. Those work well for me, too, and look tres dramatique!

--------------------
I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing.
-Mae West

+Quote Post
mamsack
post Jul 8 2008, 05:22 PM
Post #352

BUSTie

I have exactly the same physical profile, but taller with bigger chest. however. i would argue/caution/wonder: does the tunic over pants exaggerate the "barrel on stilts" effect we have (I have) going on????

QUOTE(thirtiesgirl @ Jul 8 2008, 01:07 PM) *
Just thought I'd join in on the big boob thread, since I'm often a big boob. Tee hee! wink.gif

Seriously, though (ach...can I get a rimshot please?), mine would fall under the description of big but not huge, as I have the 'apple shape' body type, with broader shoulders, torso & waist, with slimmer hips and a flat ass. In proportion to my shoulder width and torso size, my boobs don't look huge, but they definitely stand out. I'm not quite 5'5" tall, and wear a 40D bra.

In my favor, I have fairly long leg bones, particularly my thighs, and my torso is rather short. This enables me to get away with the tunic top/dramatic top over long pants look, which is what I most frequently wear to work. The tunic elongates my mid-section while kind of disguising my tummy (I say kind of, since it doesn't *always* work, depending on the top). Lately, a lot of mid-price designers have started making all sorts of cotton jersey and cotton t-shirt like tops with cute details like puff and raglan sleeves, cross-over necklines, shirring, etc., so it's just like wearing a t-shirt with a little more flair. For casual and work, I do a lot of shopping for tops & pants at places like Old Navy, JCPenney, Mervyns and sometimes Lane Bryant. I also like to have kind of a vintage flair to my style (I don't call myself thirtiesgirl for nothing!), so I try to look for pieces that have some kind of vintage detail, or something that you might have seen on Norma Shearer or Joan Crawford in The Women. Maybe not the stiff fabrics they wore, but something in a similar shape.

I alternate between wearing underwire bras for the lift and support, particularly Playtex seamless support bras that won't show under cotton material, and wire-free bras, particularly Bali's double support seamless bras. They're not all that sexy, but for comfort and support, I haven't found anything better. And they don't show a thing under t-shirt material, not even a high beam headlight on a nippy day. Some of them even come with a 'spa back' closure that's supposed to be more comfortable than their regular bra closure, but I honestly can't tell the difference.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Bravissimo site. I'm definitely going to check out some of their intimates and clothes. Yay! (As if I needed to do more online shopping!)

+Quote Post
thirtiesgirl
post Jul 8 2008, 11:50 AM
Post #353

Hardcore BUSTie

Just thought I'd join in on the big boob thread, since I'm often a big boob. Tee hee! wink.gif

Seriously, though (ach...can I get a rimshot please?), mine would fall under the description of big but not huge, as I have the 'apple shape' body type, with broader shoulders, torso & waist, with slimmer hips and a flat ass. In proportion to my shoulder width and torso size, my boobs don't look huge, but they definitely stand out. I'm not quite 5'5" tall, and wear a 40D bra.

In my favor, I have fairly long leg bones, particularly my thighs, and my torso is rather short. This enables me to get away with the tunic top/dramatic top over long pants look, which is what I most frequently wear to work. The tunic elongates my mid-section while kind of disguising my tummy (I say kind of, since it doesn't *always* work, depending on the top). Lately, a lot of mid-price designers have started making all sorts of cotton jersey and cotton t-shirt like tops with cute details like puff and raglan sleeves, cross-over necklines, shirring, etc., so it's just like wearing a t-shirt with a little more flair. For casual and work, I do a lot of shopping for tops & pants at places like Old Navy, JCPenney, Mervyns and sometimes Lane Bryant. I also like to have kind of a vintage flair to my style (I don't call myself thirtiesgirl for nothing!), so I try to look for pieces that have some kind of vintage detail, or something that you might have seen on Norma Shearer or Joan Crawford in The Women. Maybe not the stiff fabrics they wore, but something in a similar shape.

I alternate between wearing underwire bras for the lift and support, particularly Playtex seamless support bras that won't show under cotton material, and wire-free bras, particularly Bali's double support seamless bras. They're not all that sexy, but for comfort and support, I haven't found anything better. And they don't show a thing under t-shirt material, not even a high beam headlight on a nippy day. Some of them even come with a 'spa back' closure that's supposed to be more comfortable than their regular bra closure, but I honestly can't tell the difference.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Bravissimo site. I'm definitely going to check out some of their intimates and clothes. Yay! (As if I needed to do more online shopping!)

--------------------
I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing.
-Mae West

+Quote Post
mamsack
post Jul 6 2008, 01:45 PM
Post #354

BUSTie

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Jul 6 2008, 12:06 PM) *
I bumped the thread again. It's in AbFab.

I see, sorry--I thought you meant you were going to bump it... over here. thanks!

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 6 2008, 10:49 AM
Post #355

Big Fat Bitch

I bumped the thread again. It's in AbFab.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
mamsack
post Jul 6 2008, 09:30 AM
Post #356

BUSTie

[quote name='auralpoison' I'd rather be judged on my supersize boobs than live in a mudhut in Rawanda, y'know what I mean? [/quote]
that's for dang sure. good answer

Two things:
1) AP, did you send me that quote for the clothes (comment, below)? could you post it here?
2) blackscorpion, sorry you're having a rough time. i, for one, don't care if you're a lesbian and got my own boobs to stare at wink.gif ignore everyone else and just enjoy your girlfriend and your boobs. and her boobs. smile.gif

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 6 2008, 07:06 AM
Post #357

Big Fat Bitch

WELCOME NEWBIES!

Um, no reason to feel nervous around here, Blackscorpion, it's the big bust thread for a reason. Skip back to June 9th (Top of page three) to skip all the big/small boob kerfuffle & read backwards. You'll see that you're not alone. Engage in conversation with us & you'll get a response.

Oh, & it's not a good idea to include an email addy in your post or your profile. We get a lot of trolls & stuff, so I'd go back & delete that from your post unless you want drama.

And Catherine9188, you do not look like a "skank". Saying that perpetuates the male-founded stereotype that those of us bustier gals are more promiscuous than those less prodigiously lunged. I understand that you feel uncomfortable with your appearance in *average* clothes (Scroll through the archives & you'll finds loads of tips/websites for bigger busts.), but I assure you, you do not look like a "skank" for being overly gifted genetically in the tata area. There is no correlation between a big bust & whoredom.

Through all the pain, frustration, & ungodly amounts of money we spend to keep the girls happy, we need to remember first that they are OUR breasts & nothing to be ashamed of. Nobody should make you feel bad about them. I know we all sometimes want to bang our heads against the wall & wail in pure misery, but it could be worse. I'd rather be judged on my supersize boobs than live in a mudhut in Rawanda, y'know what I mean?

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
blackscorpion
post Jul 6 2008, 01:53 AM
Post #358

Hey all, I'm a little nervous about posting this, but I have to b/c I really need some people who can understand where I'm coming from. I'm an 18-year-old w/38 F breasts who also happens to be a lesbian. I have a wonderful girlfriend (also on the busty side, but she doesn't want me revealing her size, at least not yet), but the two of us feel so alone in a world where half the populace can't look us in the eye because they think we're doing something sinful, and the other half can't look us in the eye because they're too busy staring at our chests. I love my breasts, I think that I have them for a reason, and I realize that guys are pigs and religious nuts are religious nuts. I would, however, like some other women to talk to (for me and possibly for my girlfriend) who understand. You don't have to be a lesbian too, and I don't care if you just want to talk about breasts. I'm just looking for someone to talk to. Thanx. smile.gif

irishrockstar987@yahoo.com

My name's Lissa (not short for anything).

+Quote Post
catherine9188
post Jul 2 2008, 09:09 PM
Post #359

Hey. I'm new on here, just getting the feel of things. Its nice to know there are girls out there like me. I'm 19, 140 lbs, and am a 32-I. Its nearly impossible to buy clothes or bathing suits. Everything, with the exception of turtlenecks, makes me look like a skank. Does anyone know of any good stores for busty but small girls? I'd love to be able to look normal in clothes again, although I can't tell you the last time I could shop trouble free. I was a C cup in 7th grade, so I've always had a rough go of things. I finally did manage to find a good store to buy bras in though. If anyone is from Cincinnati, they should check out Candace's, near Kenwood. That woman is a miracle worker!

+Quote Post
pug
post Jul 1 2008, 06:02 PM
Post #360

Does anyone know a US retailer who carries anything from Bravissimo? I love the way their dresses look, but I'm one of those people who have to try every size on to know what fits me best and that doesn't really work for a store outside of the US... I checked figleaves.com and biggerbras.com but neither of them carry clothes. sad.gif I never fit right in a dress. I don't even own a single dress b/c I need to wear a bra underneath!

+Quote Post

38 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 29, 2014 - 11:59 PM