Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

20 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Having Problems with our Web Site?
humanist77
post Aug 11 2006, 08:32 PM
Post #301

belligerently lazy

OMG PLEASE do something about the fucking spam threads in Working Grrls. They will not stop until something is done about it-they aren't real people, they are automated systems.

--------------------
I pledge allegiance to and wrap myself in the flag of the United States Against Anything Un-American and to the Republicans for which it stands, two nations, under Jesus, rich against poor, with curtailed liberty and justice for all except blacks, homosexuals, women who want abortions, Communists, welfare queens, treehuggers, feminazis, illegal immigrants, children of illegal immigrants, and you if you don't watch your step.
-Matt Groening, Life in Hell
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Aug 9 2006, 03:22 AM
Post #302

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

wow, that sounds much easier!

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Aug 8 2006, 07:13 PM
Post #303

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

You can also do it with "Quick Reply" if you click on "More Options" and click the little icon that looks like the earth with a chain link in front of it- a window will pop up and you enter the entire URL ("http://..." and all), say OK, then another window pops up and asks what text you want to use to replace the URL. Say OK and it's there in your post.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Aug 8 2006, 06:53 PM
Post #304

bustygirl, I think change photo is is edit profile?

as for formatting links: if you go into new reply as opposed to quick reply then below the box of smileys you will see BB CODE HELP - click on that and scroll down to links. Its url=web address in square brackets followed by link name i.e. click here then /url in square brackets to close. With a lot of tampering I figured it out tonight!

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Aug 8 2006, 06:43 PM
Post #305

Sorry for doubting you green-clipboard-seeing ladies! I finally saw one and I think you're half-right, tes. What happened was, I posted in the food allergy thread then exited out of OBOH back to the main page. Then I remembered there was another thread in OBOH that I wanted to look at and went right back in. The food allergy thread had a green clipboard, so I think that not only had no one posted in it since I did, but no one had viewed it either! I think there's usually a fair number of people on here and threads get viewed so quickly after you post that the green clipboard happens so rarely.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.

+Quote Post
bustygirl
post Aug 8 2006, 08:00 AM
Post #306

Hardcore BUSTie

How do you format links and change your photo?

+Quote Post
punkerplus
post Aug 5 2006, 11:20 AM
Post #307

Hardcore BUSTie

It does actually, but I wonder when it changes from green to pink, because there are some threads a few days old which nobody has posted in since me but are still pink.

LoungeLa...I say, LoungeLady, can you stop our pondering and let us in on the big secret please?

+Quote Post
tesao
post Aug 5 2006, 11:06 AM
Post #308

olha, que coisa mais linda.....

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

*blush*

so, does that algorithm hold true for all of YOUR green clipboards, punker???

+Quote Post
punkerplus
post Aug 5 2006, 10:56 AM
Post #309

Hardcore BUSTie

tes should be pinned. Because she is godly and important and brings us answers wub.gif

+Quote Post
tesao
post Aug 5 2006, 04:07 AM
Post #310

i think i've GOT IT!! a green clipboard means that it is COLD thread that you have posted in....and that no one has posted since you have last!!! not sure at what point it goes from pale pink to green, but it must be a time\/#of days thing.

+Quote Post
tesao
post Aug 5 2006, 03:07 AM
Post #311

okay, pepper, now *I* have a green clipboard! i have no idea what it means! veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery curious. i'm sure it means something. i've been trying to figure out if it has to do with how long it has been since you have posted in that thread, or how long it has been since ANYONE has posted in that thread, but i don't think it is either of those.

what is frustrating is that there IS a legend for all of the other things, just not the clipboards, pink OR green!

+Quote Post
pepper
post Aug 4 2006, 07:27 PM
Post #312

it's not my browser. the clipboards are green. why isn't there a LEGEND for these things already?

+Quote Post
snafooey
post Aug 4 2006, 01:25 PM
Post #313

I said a boom chicka rocka chicka rocka chicka boom

Thanks, Punkerplus. Everytime I see it, I think of a girl from the Fifties getting pinned by her boyfriend.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Aug 4 2006, 06:31 AM
Post #314

Green clipboards? I've never seen those. Maybe it's something weird with your browser?

--------------------

+Quote Post
punkerplus
post Aug 4 2006, 12:33 AM
Post #315

Hardcore BUSTie

It means thats a thread which is so godly and important, it will always stay near the top and never die. Much like the community forum, because it is godly and important.

pepper, I've been wondering about that too but have no answers.

+Quote Post
snafooey
post Aug 3 2006, 11:31 PM
Post #316

I said a boom chicka rocka chicka rocka chicka boom

What does "pinned" mean again?

Thanks for the explanation, Tes - I was wondering about that myself.

+Quote Post
pepper
post Aug 3 2006, 11:23 PM
Post #317

i get that part tes but i can see some GREEN clipboards now. what the hell is that?

+Quote Post
tesao
post Aug 3 2006, 11:19 PM
Post #318

pepper: the clip board thingee means that you have made a POST in that thread. if it is dull/pale then there have been no responses after you made your post. if it is a brighter color, someone else has posted since you have. i don't know where the legend for this is. i had to ask, too.

i don't really care about any of the new features except the fact that i now no longer have to deal with trolls. IGNORE rocks.

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Aug 3 2006, 03:53 PM
Post #319

D'oh, even on the new post option I hadn't noticed the drop-down link for size!!! lives in dreamland. Thanks for the formatting info too punkerplus, I'll need to try that too!

Also found: wub.gif !

--------------------

+Quote Post
punkerplus
post Aug 3 2006, 02:05 PM
Post #320

Hardcore BUSTie

If you go to the 'more options' button below the fast reply box, it takes you to a page where there is a button while will format the links for you. From that you can see how you can do it yourself without having to go through all that (notice that I'm too lazy to have remembered how to do this).

There is also the write in different sized texts option in that bit.

And I don't know about the lovey smiley - sorry.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 23, 2014 - 11:37 AM