Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
pianogirl
post Feb 19 2007, 09:57 PM
Post #4181

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(britt8705 @ Feb 19 2007, 09:55 PM) *

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this lounge and very glad to hear that I'm not alone. Well I have been suffering with BV for about 7yrs (since I was 12) this was before I got my period and definitely before I started having sex. I have been to the GYN numbers of times. I have been on MetroGel twice and taken Flagyl once I douche with vinegar, only when I feel that the BV is getting "out of control". I constantly eat yogurt with active cultures, drink water, and take 3 baths daily with non-perfumed soap, I wash my clothes and bedding in unscented detergent. I feel like this is ruining my life and wish we could all be freed...but in the mean time what is the best thing to do about it should I go with the Boric Acid thing, Rephresh, or something else SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.

Welcome Brit!

There are a couple of things that are working for us.

1) Hydrogen peroxide doche pour it inside with a funnel or turkey baster

2) boric acid suppositories - you would need to purchase size 00 empty gel caps and stuff them with boric acid and insert at night (boric acid is poisonous do not take orally).

3) estroil suppositories - you wil need to order this online

4) Oral Flayll inserted vaginally

I think I covered everything.

Hope this helps
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Feb 19 2007, 09:11 PM
Post #4182

Hardcore BUSTie

it's so nice to read that people are finding things that work!! it's very reassuring. i would do research online for hours and only find that basically there's nothing to do about it and that nothing works and i would cry but this is giving me hope!!! i'm finishing my period right now so i can't do anything but once it's done i think will try the hp again and maybe keep it away before it comes back. and if that doesn't work i'm definitely going to try one of the things that you ladies are doing.

+Quote Post
britt8705
post Feb 19 2007, 08:38 PM
Post #4183

BUSTie

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this lounge and very glad to hear that I'm not alone. Well I have been suffering with BV for about 7yrs (since I was 12) this was before I got my period and definitely before I started having sex. I have been to the GYN numbers of times. I have been on MetroGel twice and taken Flagyl once I douche with vinegar, only when I feel that the BV is getting "out of control". I constantly eat yogurt with active cultures, drink water, and take 3 baths daily with non-perfumed soap, I wash my clothes and bedding in unscented detergent. I feel like this is ruining my life and wish we could all be freed...but in the mean time what is the best thing to do about it should I go with the Boric Acid thing, Rephresh, or something else SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Feb 19 2007, 05:04 PM
Post #4184

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Eralc Alegna @ Feb 19 2007, 05:38 PM) *

Things aren't looking too bad here either. Yesterday being an exception ( I fell asleep before using the estroil so I didn't take it 'till the morning...) My symptoms seem to be getting progressively better! I'm using HP every other day or so for a little insurance, but i think if I keep up the estroil this could be the end for me. Temporarily at the very least. I haven't even had a break for like 8 months.
I really hope this stays consistant for everyone and we all find our individual cures!

Hi EA

Same here I have been using the estroil and along with the HP (with a funnel) things are not so bad....I am happy not to be using the boric.

I am glad we are all on the right path.

smile.gif

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Feb 19 2007, 04:21 PM
Post #4185

BUSTie

Things aren't looking too bad here either. Yesterday being an exception ( I fell asleep before using the estroil so I didn't take it 'till the morning...) My symptoms seem to be getting progressively better! I'm using HP every other day or so for a little insurance, but i think if I keep up the estroil this could be the end for me. Temporarily at the very least. I haven't even had a break for like 8 months.
I really hope this stays consistant for everyone and we all find our individual cures!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Feb 19 2007, 09:51 AM
Post #4186

Hardcore BUSTie

jewelscando: Good for you jewels! Glad to hear something worked for you! Everything has been great on this end lately.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Feb 18 2007, 10:00 PM
Post #4187

Hardcore BUSTie

I dont know Sassy, other then, they do prescribe this in the gel form, but it doesn't work long term.

One reason, is it did make me really raw, and gave me a yeast infection, pretty severe. So, that could be why. I should have treated the yeast infection at the same time I did this, but I just wasn't thinking.

Do what works for you!! What I loved about this is, it took the funk smell away as well. The boric took the fish away, but never took the funk away.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Feb 18 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #4188

Hardcore BUSTie

jewels--That's great! I wonder why it works that way and why doctors don't know this? I'm definately thinking about getting some flagyl now. I'm still alternating between boric and HP. Not fun but it keeps things under control.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Feb 18 2007, 06:13 PM
Post #4189

Hardcore BUSTie

Well ladies, I tried the Flagyl for the first time on February 3rd I think. Here we are at February 18th, and STILL NO SMELL. Had sex twice this weekend, and NOTHING. NOTHING AT ALL. Not even close, not even a hint, nothing. I am still a bit raw, like the yeast infection didn't quite go away, but, there is no B.V.

So here's my options.....YEAST/OR B.V. HMMMMMMM. I'll take the yeast!!

I'm not going to use any more Flagyl for now, because, why should I? I will start loading up on Acidophillus, starting, right now!! I'm going to go take one while I'm thinking about it.

Anyways, just wanted to give you all my update!!!

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Feb 16 2007, 02:21 PM
Post #4190

Hardcore BUSTie

The HP works for me with a small funnel. If you find that the dropper is too small try the funnel or a turkey baster...I like the HP better than the boric smile.gif

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Feb 15 2007, 11:50 PM
Post #4191

Hardcore BUSTie

anitsirhc, go get like a medicine dropper. I fill it up, then slowly squeeze it in, and fill it up again, like a total of 3 times. If you keep your hips up, most of it will stay in, and especially if you do it slow. The faster you squeez it out, the more it runs down.

By the way guys, I got a raw spot from the HP running down my ass. No kidding.

Anyways, B.V. is still gone. I'm done with the yeast medicine, but I'm not sure that it's gone all the way. I might go buy another 3 day, or just give it a few more days and see if it clears up.

So, looks as though Flagyl worked, however, no idea on for how long, and if it will come back. If it does come back, I don't think I'll do this again, because, that yeast infection hurt. I don't hurt when I have B.V., just the bad smell. OR.....I will try a smaller dose. Maybe crush it up and put it in a gel cap, since I have two bags of those. And do something to prevent the yeast. We will see!!

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Feb 15 2007, 10:44 AM
Post #4192

Hardcore BUSTie

i tried the hp last night and i definitely didn't do it right. i thought i got it in there and i layed there for 3 minutes and when i got up to let it out, nothing came out haha. so i guess i didn't really get anything in there. i'll try again tonight maybe and see if i do a better job.

i called a doctor about the bleeding while on flagyl thing and she said that there was nothing to worry about, but she didn't really sound like she knew what she was talkng about so i'll probably call again today and talk to someon else. (she said it was probably from skipping a bc pill or not taking it at the same time even though i kept telling her over and over that i didn't to that and the same thing happened to me when i took metrogel... that's not coincidence.)

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Feb 14 2007, 03:05 PM
Post #4193

Hardcore BUSTie

ok i will do that. thank you!!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY LADIES!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Aggravated
post Feb 14 2007, 11:31 AM
Post #4194

BUSTie

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ Feb 14 2007, 12:38 AM) *

thanks!! a few more questions... when you do the hp how much do you use? i went to the store and bought a disposable douche and i'm just going to empty that and use that for the hp. i'm not sure if i read that here or somewhere else, but if nobody's tried that here well it sounds pretty easy haha. and do you dilute it with water? thank you for helping me!! and i hope the estroil works... let me know. smile.gif

I bought the disposable douche as well. I emptied the contents and cut the hole in the top of the bottle (just to make it a little larger making it easier to get the hp in the bottle). I fill it about 1/4 or 1/3 full with hp...I do not dilute it with any water (but I read somewhere that if you try this and are irritated at all by it, you may want to dilute it with water). Just prop up your hips and insert it. Use a towel underneath you because some does run out and it can be a little messy. I hold it in for about 3 minutes. You will feel it bubbling...I hope that just means its working. Then hold it in as you stand up and sit over the toilet to let it run out...that's what I do anyway. It seems to work ok for me, but I know the BV is not gone. I am interested to see what happens over the long term with the flagyl insert though...good luck Jewels...good luck anitsirhc...and good luck to everyone!

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Feb 14 2007, 08:33 AM
Post #4195

Hardcore BUSTie

I used 500 mg which might have been to much. But I did it 3 seperate times. Two days in a row, skipped one day. It gave me a really bad yeast infection, that is why I'm thinking 500mg might have been to strong, however, it did take away the b.v.

+Quote Post
chantelhugo
post Feb 14 2007, 06:49 AM
Post #4196

BUSTie

Jewels...
How many times did you just insert the Flagyl?
Glad to hear your success.. i think im going to give it a try.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Feb 13 2007, 11:21 PM
Post #4197

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(pianogirl @ Feb 14 2007, 12:46 AM) *

Hey "antichrist" JK smile.gif

Hopefully it is nothing serious. The labocilus is the same as the acidipilous...we just use the same you would take orally..I did the HP and the acidipolus or whatever the name is b/c I wanted to see how it would pan out..

I think all of us have taken the flagyll several times and it came back sad.gif

If you are okay for tomorrow the best thing might be for you to wait and see what happens...if the odor comes back you might want to try the HP wash. I am also using estroil which is not working yet but I am hoping it will soon.
Good Luck !

PG

thanks!! a few more questions... when you do the hp how much do you use? i went to the store and bought a disposable douche and i'm just going to empty that and use that for the hp. i'm not sure if i read that here or somewhere else, but if nobody's tried that here well it sounds pretty easy haha. and do you dilute it with water? thank you for helping me!! and i hope the estroil works... let me know. smile.gif

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Feb 13 2007, 10:29 PM
Post #4198

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ Feb 13 2007, 11:22 PM) *

i guess i should call my doctor then and find out why that happens. i hope nothing crazy is wrong with me sad.gif

i haven't tried any home remedies for bv yet except for taking acidophilus. i'm going to try the hydrogen peroxide but i noticed that some of you said that you also insert the lacabalalblalbils (haha i don't know how to spell it at all) after you do the hp, that's the same thing as acidophlius right? are there specific ones that you insert or are they the same ones that you take orally.

right now i can't tell if the bv is there or not because i still have the brownish discharge from bleeding from the flagyl. it's not a lot though and the smell isn't that bad. so maybe it's gone. should i do the hp after i get my period even if i don't think the bv is back to keep it from coming back or should i wait until i have signs of it again? i'm also planning on having sex tomorrow (i better!! it's valentines day!!) should i do it after that? i'm not very experienced with this stuff so sorry for all the questions.

Eralc Alegna - funny that we both did the same thing. tongue.gif yours looks cooler than mine though. everyone looks at my name (it's the same name i use for everything else online) and they think it's "antichrist"

Hey "antichrist" JK smile.gif

Hopefully it is nothing serious. The labocilus is the same as the acidipilous...we just use the same you would take orally..I did the HP and the acidipolus or whatever the name is b/c I wanted to see how it would pan out..

I think all of us have taken the flagyll several times and it came back sad.gif

If you are okay for tomorrow the best thing might be for you to wait and see what happens...if the odor comes back you might want to try the HP wash. I am also using estroil which is not working yet but I am hoping it will soon.

Good Luck !

PG

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Feb 13 2007, 10:05 PM
Post #4199

Hardcore BUSTie

i guess i should call my doctor then and find out why that happens. i hope nothing crazy is wrong with me sad.gif

i haven't tried any home remedies for bv yet except for taking acidophilus. i'm going to try the hydrogen peroxide but i noticed that some of you said that you also insert the lacabalalblalbils (haha i don't know how to spell it at all) after you do the hp, that's the same thing as acidophlius right? are there specific ones that you insert or are they the same ones that you take orally.

right now i can't tell if the bv is there or not because i still have the brownish discharge from bleeding from the flagyl. it's not a lot though and the smell isn't that bad. so maybe it's gone. should i do the hp after i get my period even if i don't think the bv is back to keep it from coming back or should i wait until i have signs of it again? i'm also planning on having sex tomorrow (i better!! it's valentines day!!) should i do it after that? i'm not very experienced with this stuff so sorry for all the questions.

Eralc Alegna - funny that we both did the same thing. tongue.gif yours looks cooler than mine though. everyone looks at my name (it's the same name i use for everything else online) and they think it's "antichrist"

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Feb 13 2007, 07:47 PM
Post #4200

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Feb 13 2007, 08:08 PM) *

Pianogirl, no, I was only burning because I was so RAW from the yeast infection. There's no burning now at all, and the yeast infection is gone. I still have one night left of the Monistat, so we will see what happens the rest of the week.

This is the longest I've gone in such a long time without B.V. Granted, it's only been almost 2 weeks, so, that must say something!!!

Thats great jewels...I was just wondering b/c I remember buring during or after urination being a sign of BV...It is wierd because the doctor didnt find anything...anyway today was much better...I also wanted to add that today was wonderful because there was no smell at all the HP really works great with a funnel smile.gif

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 208 209 210 211 212 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 18, 2014 - 12:56 PM