Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 200 201 202 203 204 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
greeneyyes
post Apr 9 2007, 08:05 PM
Post #4021

BUSTie

Hello everyone! I am back, BV is back...stressed, frustrated. Cried all day. Keep posting your successes so that I may find mine. Thank you sooo much ladies.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Apr 9 2007, 07:45 PM
Post #4022

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(deprime @ Apr 9 2007, 03:30 PM) *
I may have spoken too soon ... I had a little BV this morning (smelled like onions today, strange I know), so I cut a 500mg Flagyl in half and stuck it up there. Here's hoping that I can really keep it away this time!

DEPRIME: Be patient. Remember, you've had this for years. It may take a few days to kick in. What you are experencing is the B.V. going away. Are you staying away from sex?? Are you using the pill at night before you go to bed?

It took 3 for me, however, this last time, it only took 2. I did 1 200mg then 1 500mg. But, it does take a few days to take effect!!

Don't give up hope. And you might need to do a couple more. Everybody's body's are different. If anything, you'll just get a yeast infection, but that's easy to cure. ALOT EASIER THEN B.V.!!!

I know we all want something that will fix it right here right now, but remember, we have this for NO KNOWN REASON TO MAN, other then our PH Balance is screwed up. So, give it some time to work, and don't stress.

Thanks for keeping us posted!!

+Quote Post
persona36
post Apr 9 2007, 04:30 PM
Post #4023

BUSTie

QUOTE(Eralc Alegna @ Apr 9 2007, 11:16 AM) *
I'm so happy for everyone getting results with the vaginal flagyl and whatever else is working for you ladies!! Particularly you, Deprime. I know you've probably had a harder time with this than most. It's incredible that so many of us have found relief and so many newcomers have had such quick success as a result!!!!!

To those cured for the meantime and looking for a maintence routine, I HIGHLY recommend getting your hands on some aci-jel. For some reason the antibiotics worked for me this time, but I'm using the aci-jel to keep it away and so far it's working. Once I go through another cycle and a month or so passes and I have another period we'll see if it holds up. But we all know it's all about the pH and this is specifically made to keep it where it's supposed to be.
I've been using it for probably a week and a half or so now nightly (missed 2-3 nights there but got back on track last night) and I have no smell with a little( normal level ) discharge. I get worried sometimes just because the color is still off, but it could be old blood or the aci-jel. Unfortunatly the color of the aci-jel resembles the color of the discharge I used to have sometimes. ANYWAY, besides that and sex being a little uncomfortable now (not broken in again yet, aci-jel, all the crap i put up there, who knows but Im a little raw i guess) things are back to normal here and I couldn't be happier about it!!!!!

ive been on that for a few days, great product. they ship so fast too, seems to be worth it!

+Quote Post
deprime
post Apr 9 2007, 09:13 AM
Post #4024

BUSTie

I may have spoken too soon ... I had a little BV this morning (smelled like onions today, strange I know), so I cut a 500mg Flagyl in half and stuck it up there. Here's hoping that I can really keep it away this time!

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Apr 9 2007, 08:59 AM
Post #4025

BUSTie

I'm so happy for everyone getting results with the vaginal flagyl and whatever else is working for you ladies!! Particularly you, Deprime. I know you've probably had a harder time with this than most. It's incredible that so many of us have found relief and so many newcomers have had such quick success as a result!!!!!

To those cured for the meantime and looking for a maintence routine, I HIGHLY recommend getting your hands on some aci-jel. For some reason the antibiotics worked for me this time, but I'm using the aci-jel to keep it away and so far it's working. Once I go through another cycle and a month or so passes and I have another period we'll see if it holds up. But we all know it's all about the pH and this is specifically made to keep it where it's supposed to be.
I've been using it for probably a week and a half or so now nightly (missed 2-3 nights there but got back on track last night) and I have no smell with a little( normal level ) discharge. I get worried sometimes just because the color is still off, but it could be old blood or the aci-jel. Unfortunatly the color of the aci-jel resembles the color of the discharge I used to have sometimes. ANYWAY, besides that and sex being a little uncomfortable now (not broken in again yet, aci-jel, all the crap i put up there, who knows but Im a little raw i guess) things are back to normal here and I couldn't be happier about it!!!!!

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post Apr 9 2007, 06:15 AM
Post #4026

BUSTie

Hello ladies, I just wanted to stop by and tell you all that the "yeast arrest" http://www.taoofherbs.com/products/308/Vit...YeastArrest.htm
has been working great. rolleyes.gif No smell and it has been 6 days since I started it. NO SMELL AT ALL OR DISCHARGE laugh.gif laugh.gif
What I plan to do is use it twice a day for another week and then I read somewhere that when I am on my menstrual to use one at night throughout my cycle. Then every month for 4-5 months when I am on my menstrual to use it at night. So this is what I will do. Also, continue taking the primadophilus and also continue researching other products. Hopefully, this will continue to go great. If the smell comes back well I will just have to use the yeast arrest more often until I get my ph under control. It seems like this will be a task but as long as I am getting results then it makes dealing with chronic bv better . I will be around. Good Luck to all you ladies. I will update you all...
GOD BLESS laugh.gif

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
deprime
post Apr 8 2007, 08:46 PM
Post #4027

BUSTie

I inserted two pills: one on Thursday night, and one on Friday night.

Thus far... no smell. I think I had a little discharge today, but maybe that's just normal for me? But NO SMELL FOR THE FIRST TIME IN NEARLY FIVE YEARS!

I really hope that this works long-term. *fingers crossed*

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Apr 7 2007, 07:21 PM
Post #4028

Hardcore BUSTie

just an update: i inserted one 500mg flagyl on monday and one on wednesday. so far i do not feel like i have a yeast infection and today for the first time i don't smell anything! i hope it stays like this. i've been taking a little extra acidophilus (bottle says to take 2 a day i've been taking 3.) so hopefully this worked.

+Quote Post
persona36
post Apr 7 2007, 07:57 AM
Post #4029

BUSTie

very awesome pg i have been toying with some new mixes and i feel i am getting better!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Apr 7 2007, 07:50 AM
Post #4030

Hardcore BUSTie

pianogirl: I'm so happy for you! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Apr 6 2007, 04:40 PM
Post #4031

Hardcore BUSTie

ahhhh jewels, i didn't read your response till after i put in another one! thanks for the warning though. i won't put any more in at all, my period is next week so hopefully after my period it won't be back. but so far i still feel good, no yeast infection signs, i think the acidophilus is keeping that away. i'll update again, thanks for your help and advice. smile.gif

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Apr 6 2007, 09:36 AM
Post #4032

Hardcore BUSTie

Hello Ladies,

I just wanted to stop in and say that I am still clear. I am actually finishing up my period and have no smell. The estroil seems to be what "cured" me.

I hope everyone here finds their cure to this horrible problem.

Thank you neverending for suggesting this treatment!

+Quote Post
klee
post Apr 6 2007, 09:03 AM
Post #4033

BUSTie

Hi ladies!

There's a lot of changes around here...new format, new people, AND it seems like people are doing better than 6 months ago. Hurray change!!

I just wanted to check in and say that I'm basically all good. Right after my period ends, I do a hydrogen peroxide "soak." Use a funnel and just keep all the stuff in there by tilting my hips way up. I don't measure out how much I use, just pour it out of the bottle until the funnel runs over. I used to try to do this 3 days in a row for 3 minutes at a time but now I just do it once which seems to be enough. I don't have any problems through the month - and I've noticed my minimal discharge now has the typical consistency according to where I am in my cycle.

I cut down on smoking dramatically and I'm pretty close to cutting it off altogether. I will have a few cigarettes when I'm out on the weekends but this probably means I smoke about 5 in all a week. This has been about 5 weeks now...I honestly think it helps and I feel better in general.

Take care everyone!

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post Apr 6 2007, 05:32 AM
Post #4034

BUSTie

Hello ladies. I just wanted to let you know how I was doing with the beginning stages of getting this bv under control. I went to a local health food store and talked with the owner and she told me that "yeast arrest" is a good product and that I should try it. She also told me that it was formulated by a woman(Dr. Tori Hudson)and she only creates products specifically for our needs and problems. So I purchased one container. The directions on the container says to insert one suppository a night and in the morning. One suppository contains 600 mg of Boric Acid. So you will have a total of 1200 mg of Boric Acid with each application of twice a day. It also contains Oregon grape root and Canlendula flowers.The information and directions inside gives you a list of how to treat when it is a chronic problem and also to use it as a preventative. So I used it and after one day I have NO SMELL AT ALL.... smile.gif
I was so amazed. Even though I may have to use it to prevent bv it still gives me the relief of not having to smell the bv. So I went back the next day and purchased two more(because one container has 14 suppositories and that is only a weeks supply). The cost was $11.00 a container. Kind of expensive but to me it is God sent because at least I can have some kind of relief. I also purchased Natures Way "Primadophilus Bifidus" enteric-coated. It was in the refrigerated section of the health food store. It must be kept refrigerated. It was $21.00. I will be checking into other supplements and anything else that will help me with this bv. This will be an ongoing project. Talk to you later

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Apr 6 2007, 12:33 AM
Post #4035

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(deprime @ Apr 6 2007, 03:23 AM) *
Jewels -- Has your BV/smell been completely gone since your first time inserting Flagyl vaginally?

I just inserted my first 500mg tablet.... we'll see!
I saw a nurse midwife today who was incredibly helpful -- she encouraged me to get to know myself and what I respond to; thus she condoned the vaginal insertion of Flagyl! Very exciting. She also recommended that I buy The V Book. Has anyone read it and/or ascertained interesting information from it?

No, if you read down, I mentioned last week, that I had sex, and I don't think my boyfriend showered, PLUS, and I was stupid and did oral on him before we had sex, which WAS DUMB AS HELL, I KNOW!! I haven't used any preventative. This time around, I'm using Achidophillus every day, and the smell is gone again.

IF ANYTHING, It was gone for 2 months. That's the longest I've gone in years. So, if I only have to do this every two or three months, I'm happy with that.

Also, I smoke, which I know I need to quit, and I'm thinking I will probably get more time out of it as well if I do quit.

I really need to try the Estroil, or whatever it is. I had a hysterectomy, (Partial) which means I only have my ovaries left, and my problem may be hormonal as well.

GOOD LUCK!! Please keep me posted, and remember, don't have sex for a few days. UNLESS YOU WANT A YEAST INFECTION FROM HELL!! wink.gif

+Quote Post
deprime
post Apr 5 2007, 09:06 PM
Post #4036

BUSTie

Jewels -- Has your BV/smell been completely gone since your first time inserting Flagyl vaginally?

I just inserted my first 500mg tablet.... we'll see!

I saw a nurse midwife today who was incredibly helpful -- she encouraged me to get to know myself and what I respond to; thus she condoned the vaginal insertion of Flagyl! Very exciting. She also recommended that I buy The V Book. Has anyone read it and/or ascertained interesting information from it?

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Apr 5 2007, 08:47 PM
Post #4037

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ Apr 5 2007, 05:13 AM) *
ok so i inserted the flagyl 2 nights ago. i think i'm better but i'm not really sure. i'm still bleeding (not time for me to have my period of course), but now it seems more like just blood instead of blood and discharge.

whenever i had bv i never felt like i, myself smelled, it was the discharge that smelled. so, it's kind of gross, but i've been smelling my panty liners to see if the smell is gone. i think it's still there a little bit. so i am going to put another pill in tonight.

i don't think i have a yeast infection, i've been taking a lot of acidophilus so i think that is keeping that away. yesterday i did get the powdery discharge that other people talked about, but it only lasted for a day.

so what i think i'm going to do is put another one in tonight. and i'll probably still be bleeding when it's time for my normal period to come (which is next week) so then i will wait till after my period to see how i am. i feel a lot dryer than before. so i think it is working. smile.gif i'll keep updating.

oh and again, what are your opinions on rephresh as a preventative? thanks biggrin.gif

DON'T DO IT!!!! Just wait a couple of days, give it a chance to work. Like I said before, I didn't need 3, I was just impatient. I took 1 200mg then 1 500mg and mine is gone again. What strength are you using??? FLAGYL vaginal, is not like "Magic", you need to give it a few days to take it's course.

Thanks for the update!!!

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Apr 5 2007, 07:55 AM
Post #4038

BUSTie

QUOTE(minayun @ Apr 5 2007, 12:22 AM) *
Thank you for replying. Can you please tell me where i can buy the boric acid, i looked on ebay, where i buy everything and didn't see anything about the capsules, just powder and i saw some acidophilis pills on there but wasn't sure which ones to get, the ones they on there say they are for your digestive system? THere are some that say Acidophilus Pearls Enzymatic and some that say Mega Probiotic Acidophilus 90 Capsules VItamins. Can you please tell me which one of those to buy and please tell me about the boric acid. Thanks

Hi--The easiest thing to do is to go to a local pharmacy, Walmart maybe, etc. and look for a jar of boric acid powder. (Or ask the pharmacist). Then go to a healthfood store or co-op & look for empty geletin capsules. Gently open the capsules and fill with the boric acid powder. (I use the capsule halves like a "scoop" in the powder to fill them.) Make up several capsules & keep in a baggie. WASH YOUR HANDS WHEN FINISHED & don't put your fingers in your mouth when they have been in contact with the boric acid--it is very poisonous. (Label the baggie containing your made-up capsules so you won't mistake them for an oral drug!!) I inserted one at bedtime. You can coat the capsule with a bit of water-soluble lubricant to ease insertion. Wear a pantyliner. I also smeared a little vaseline on the surrounding vulva skin so the discharge that comes out after the capsule melts wouldn't burn the area.) I did this every night for a week or so. (Some advocate using it for 2 weeks, but I didn't really need to.) IF YOU HAVE ANY OPEN CUTS/WOUNDS IN THE VAGINA, DON'T USE BORIC ACID.

Since boric acid kills off some of the good bacteria as well, you should replenish it. I personally like Garden of Life's Primal Defense. It IS expensive--like $24 for the smaller bottle, but I just take one per day, although the bottle says you can take 3 or so per day. Most any acidophilus-based probiotic (there are many different strains) that is advertised for digestive health would work well for vaginal concerns. (Did you ever see the depiction somewhere on a medical Web site showing how the good bacteria litterally treks from your anal area (where it has travelled through the digestive system & made its way out) into the vagina? Amazing!

If you have a compounding pharmacy in your area (different from a regular pharmacy), you could ask your doctor to give you a prescription for boric acid capsules and the compounding pharmacy will make them up. I was lucky enough to be able to go this route. The compounding pharmacist filled the capsules 3/4 with boric acid and 1/4 with acidophilus powder, to help increase the population of good bacteria in my vagina.
(I still took oral probiotics, as a precaution.) It's more expensive to do it via that route, though.

Anyway--got to go teach my chemistry class in a minute, so hope this helps!
Best wishes!
Maggie C.

+Quote Post
wonderdog
post Apr 5 2007, 07:49 AM
Post #4039

QUOTE(minayun @ Apr 4 2007, 09:59 PM) *
Hello ladies! I'm back again and i'm still not any better! I ended up going to my clinic because i finished up my treatment with Flagyl and still didn't get better. Since I got so sick with the flagyl this time they gave me Cleocin to take for one week and doxycycline to take for two weeks. It's been a week with both and i am not feeling any better at all. Still having the vaginal pain and burning and my abdomen, pelvic area and lower back hurts really bad. Shouldn't I be feeling somewhat better by now? I'm calling my doctor's office tomorrow to get another appointment but what they can do for me, i have no idea. Anyone have any advice for me? I'm starting to feel really depressed about this whole thing. Has anyone heard of V-Gel and if it works?? I'm willing to try anything right now.
Thanks...

By saying V-Gel do you mean metro gel? If so stay away from it. It gave me the worst yeast infection of my life. I still have it 3 months later? And the BV never went away.

+Quote Post
minayun
post Apr 4 2007, 11:05 PM
Post #4040

Thank you for replying. Can you please tell me where i can buy the boric acid, i looked on ebay, where i buy everything and didn't see anything about the capsules, just powder and i saw some acidophilis pills on there but wasn't sure which ones to get, the ones they on there say they are for your digestive system? THere are some that say Acidophilus Pearls Enzymatic and some that say Mega Probiotic Acidophilus 90 Capsules VItamins. Can you please tell me which one of those to buy and please tell me about the boric acid. Thanks

QUOTE(mfc10 @ Apr 4 2007, 09:43 PM) *
Awhile back, I wrote the following to another poster here who was diagnosed with BV, but was still having burning/pain vaginally. Perhaps due to the fact you have been on antibiotics quite a bit lately, you may have gotten a yeast infection as well. Just because an over-the-counter anti-yeast cream didn't work, doesn't mean you don't have one. Worth thinking about, since BV rarely causes burning/pain. My post was as follows:

My regular gyn was out of town & I had to go to an older female gyn who is supposed to be really good. Well, she did a vaginal swab, ran it under a microscope & said she saw NO INFECTION. I was in agony--awful burning--so I insisted on an appointment with my regular gyn as soon as he returned later that week. He was an EXPERT with the microscope (unfortunately, he died this past summer!!) and he said not only did I have a yeast infection, but BV as well. Some docs simply are very bad at interpreting what they see under the microscope. What helped get rid of both infections at once was using boric acid in geletin capsules vaginally. I hated the thought of putting something acidic in an already-inflamed vagina, but it really didn't make the burning worse. There is watery discharge when using boric acid, so wear a pantyliner. I just used one every night for 7 nights (some use for 14 nights). I took oral acidophilis, yogurt, kefir, etc. at the same time, since boric acid also kills the good bacteria in the vaginal lining. By the way---yeast infections are not caused by bacteria--they are caused by several possible species of Candida. Over-the-counter yeast treatments are effective only against the most-common species, i.e., Candida albicans. If your infection is caused by Candida glabrata, Candida tropicalis, etc. those creams won't work. Easily-obtainable treatments that WILL work against those are boric acid, tea tree oil (I like the vegetable oil-based suppositories that can be purchased online or at most healthfood stores), and, believe it or not, the old-fashioned prescription remedy, Nystatin (my gyn prescribed the vaginal Nystatin ovules for me one other time).

Hope this helps!
maggie c.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 200 201 202 203 204 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 25, 2014 - 11:17 AM