271 Pages V  « < 129 130 131 132 133 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
CanCan
post Nov 14 2007, 09:41 AM
Post #2601

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(autumnbreeze @ Nov 13 2007, 07:32 PM) *
Remember a while back many of us were inserting the probiotics vaginally and taking them orally together. Maybe that will help until you get your flagyl. Keep us posted.

This is what I am doing. I am putting some Nature's Way Primadophilus Reuteri up there at night every night. But not using the little enterically coated capsule that it comes in; breaking that open, and putting the contents into a regular plant gelatin capsule. But only putting in 1/4 of the contents. And I am also taking one pill of the reuteri every night with a glass of water, at least an hour after eating food. So far it seems to be working. I've been doing this for a month.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Nov 14 2007, 09:32 AM
Post #2602

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Nov 12 2007, 10:22 PM) *
Well all....it seemed like everything was going so well, and BAMMMMM.... here it is again. I didn't even do anything. No sex at all this weeked. And woke up this morning, went to the bathroom, and had air bubbles coming out. That's the first sign for me that it's back. And the smell, is horrid. I don't know why I never just get small cases of B.V. anymore. When I get it now, it's FULL BLOWN.

I'm so frustrated.

I don't get it, I really don't.

Hi, you are taking the Primadophilus Bifidus right? Have you tried the Fem-dophilus yet? Or have you taken the Primadophilus Reuteri? Sorry I am asking - I just can't remember what each one of us is taking. I noticed that the Primadophilus Reuteri, and the Femdophilus are the two for me that seem to be helping. So maybe you could try one of those ones. The bacteria in each of these bottles is different.

+Quote Post
bvg
post Nov 14 2007, 08:06 AM
Post #2603

BUSTie

if i insert primo. vaginally while i am on my period will it be senseless? also, has anyone done the povidone iodine douches?

thanks

+Quote Post
Lindsey
post Nov 14 2007, 12:28 AM
Post #2604

BUSTie

QUOTE(jularee @ Nov 10 2007, 10:28 AM) *
That's good to hear neverending! I'm thinking of switching from the Mirena IUD to the Nuvaring. I heard it's supposed to increase the good flora in the vagina. How long have you been using it? Any crazy side effects?

I know everyones bodies are different, but i tried the nuvaring and I bleed for 5 weeks straight. I took the ring out and spotted for a week and then started bleeding again for a week and a half. I hated it. It was horrible. I felt bloated all the time, had awful headaches, and cramping... I bleed really heavly as well.

--------------------
Leafy!

+Quote Post
autumnbreeze
post Nov 13 2007, 06:15 PM
Post #2605

BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Nov 12 2007, 10:22 PM) *
Well all....it seemed like everything was going so well, and BAMMMMM.... here it is again. I didn't even do anything. No sex at all this weeked. And woke up this morning, went to the bathroom, and had air bubbles coming out. That's the first sign for me that it's back. And the smell, is horrid. I don't know why I never just get small cases of B.V. anymore. When I get it now, it's FULL BLOWN.

I'm so frustrated.

I'm sorry to hear that it's back. We all can relate. Do you think your system (bacteria) has built up resistence? I agree with jularee about the probiotics. Remember a while back many of us were inserting the probiotics vaginally and taking them orally together. Maybe that will help until you get your flagyl. Keep us posted.

+Quote Post
Lindsey
post Nov 13 2007, 02:12 PM
Post #2606

BUSTie

Hello. I am new to the forum. I just recently found out that I have BV. I have just been so frustrated with it and just want some support. I have read through many of the comments and have seen a lot of the similar things I am going through. My husband and I are trying to have a baby and this has made things very difficult. My doctor has told us to not have sex. Which we all know is a key part in baby making. This is the first time I have gotten BV. Both my husband and I have never had sexual experiences with anyone else. So it is just upsetting to me when I read about BV on other websites and it says that is a very common way to get BV. Has anyone on here figured out why they have gotten BV. I am only 20 and my doctor told me it is really rare for someone as young as me to get this... Please help... Thanks.

--------------------
Leafy!

+Quote Post
jularee
post Nov 13 2007, 01:55 PM
Post #2607

BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Nov 13 2007, 11:26 AM) *
Good morning everyone...I'm trying goldenseal...I think it's been a week now...day three into the trial.. ..I had some thick white discharge..maybe it was a yeast infection, but no itching or burning..but..I'm not sure..it looked more like cum (sorry). Anyways.. it's now gone and I'm not ovualating yet, so I know it wasn't that... the white discharge is gone...and I'm not stinking, nor any discharge. I also havent had intercourse for almost 6 weeks, so I'm sure thats helped some. I haven't started the probiotics...gonna start back on those in a few more days.. I have cut out sugar..no soda...and I try to drink at least 4 bottles of water a day. I still have two cups of coffee each morning..but I just use honey instead of sugar.. I still have 2 servings of fruit a day. Anyways, the outcome won't be observed until my next period ..or I have sex. Oh, by the way..it has helped a lot with my ears always feeling like they have fluid on them...

I tried switching from malboro lights to camels..but they suck...but I'm gonna quit smoking here soon..after the last pig flys by my house. lol.

Glad to hear the goldenseal is working well for you. And it's only been a week? That's awesome. Please keep us updated with your progress. I'm currently taking Primadophilus Reuteri, Folic Acid, Garlique, and B Vitamins. So far so good. No odor or discharge. I'll keep you ladies updated!

+Quote Post
jularee
post Nov 13 2007, 01:51 PM
Post #2608

BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Nov 12 2007, 11:22 PM) *

I'm so frustrated.

Aww jewelscando I'm so sorry to hear that! I completely understand how frustrated you are. From previous posts, I know you've tried a little bit of everything, but I was wondering if you've tried taking more probiotics? I take two 5 billion CFU pills in the morning and two 5 billion CFU at night and it seems to be working great for me. Maybe try increasing the dosage from two pills to four for a while to see if this make a difference? Good luck!

+Quote Post
arj75
post Nov 13 2007, 09:09 AM
Post #2609

Hardcore BUSTie

Good morning everyone...I'm trying goldenseal...I think it's been a week now...day three into the trial.. ..I had some thick white discharge..maybe it was a yeast infection, but no itching or burning..but..I'm not sure..it looked more like cum (sorry). Anyways.. it's now gone and I'm not ovualating yet, so I know it wasn't that... the white discharge is gone...and I'm not stinking, nor any discharge. I also havent had intercourse for almost 6 weeks, so I'm sure thats helped some. I haven't started the probiotics...gonna start back on those in a few more days.. I have cut out sugar..no soda...and I try to drink at least 4 bottles of water a day. I still have two cups of coffee each morning..but I just use honey instead of sugar.. I still have 2 servings of fruit a day. Anyways, the outcome won't be observed until my next period ..or I have sex. Oh, by the way..it has helped a lot with my ears always feeling like they have fluid on them...

I tried switching from malboro lights to camels..but they suck...but I'm gonna quit smoking here soon..after the last pig flys by my house. lol.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Nov 12 2007, 09:05 PM
Post #2610

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm so frustrated.

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Nov 12 2007, 07:19 PM
Post #2611

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(autumnbreeze @ Nov 11 2007, 08:11 AM) *
Hi..where are you all buying the primadophilus from? And is the primadophilus reuteri and the primadophilus bifidus the same pill? How much does it cost?

Primadophilus reuteri and the primadophilus bifidus are different from each other in that they contain different combinations of strains of bacteria. I experimented with a few different kinds, and found that one worked better for me than the other. And maybe everyone will prefer something different because everyone is missing more of one bacteria than another. Not sure. I looked online, and seems that there aren't that many tests done yet to determine which strains are missing in women that have BV. There was at least one study that showed that women with BV had reuteri and rhamnosus missing. But maybe there are others missing as well. I think that everyone should try one kind of probiotic, and if it doesn't seem to be working, then try a different one.

+Quote Post
autumnbreeze
post Nov 11 2007, 03:47 PM
Post #2612

BUSTie

QUOTE(jularee @ Nov 11 2007, 11:51 AM) *
I ordered my Primadophilus Reuteri from http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c...d=4674&at=0. This is the exact one I purchased. It's a great website and it ships the probiotics with an ice pack. I got a bottle with 90 caps for about $20, including shipping. Hope this helps! Keep us updated. smile.gif

Thanks! I just bought FemDophilus today. The two products are very similar. I tried Ultimate Flora in the past and it helped so hopefully the FemDophilus will be a success. I'm going to try it with Oregano Oil capsules, watch my sugar intake, and see what happens. I'll keep you ladies posted.

+Quote Post
autumnbreeze
post Nov 11 2007, 03:41 PM
Post #2613

BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Nov 11 2007, 09:58 AM) *
It seems you have given up? DON'T GIVE UP!

Thanks for the encouragement! I haven't given up yet..I was just tired and frustrated. But now I'm ready to go to battle again.

+Quote Post
jularee
post Nov 11 2007, 10:45 AM
Post #2614

BUSTie

Hi Ladies! So I finished the entire bottle of Femanol. It worked pretty well for me I have to say. Due to cost, I won't be ordering another bottle. I recently started taking Primadophilus Reuteri, Garlique, B6, and Folic Acid. The reuteri says to take one capsule daily, but I've been taking 2 caps in the morning and 1 before bed to kinda jump start things a bit. I take the garlic, B6 and folic acid at lunch. Hope this continues to work as well as the femanol did. I'll update you guys in a week or so with my progress.

+Quote Post
jularee
post Nov 11 2007, 10:34 AM
Post #2615

BUSTie

QUOTE(autumnbreeze @ Nov 11 2007, 09:11 AM) *
Hi..where are you all buying the primadophilus from? And is the primadophilus reuteri and the primadophilus bifidus the same pill? How much does it cost?

I ordered my Primadophilus Reuteri from http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c...d=4674&at=0. This is the exact one I purchased. It's a great website and it ships the probiotics with an ice pack. I got a bottle with 90 caps for about $20, including shipping. Hope this helps! Keep us updated. smile.gif

+Quote Post
neverending
post Nov 11 2007, 08:41 AM
Post #2616

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(autumnbreeze @ Nov 11 2007, 02:11 PM) *

It seems you have given up? DON'T GIVE UP!

+Quote Post
autumnbreeze
post Nov 11 2007, 06:54 AM
Post #2617

BUSTie

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ Nov 3 2007, 12:08 AM) *
just an update... i've been taking the primadophilus reuteri for a few weeks now and i'm almost positive that my bv is gone. i have hardly any discharge, no smell, no itch, no burn. i feel great! i had sex and it didn't hurt. (i used a condom though, haven't tried it without yet cause i'm scared it will make it come back.) i got my period last week and the bv came back right after (i was also away for 2 days in a hotel and i couldn't bring the pills with me cause there was no refrigerator so i just didn't take them.) so the bv came back a little bit but i just took 2 pills instead of 1 for 1 day and it was gone after that. so i really think this is working for me. if it's not completely gone it's definitely helping a lot. i feel so relieved. i hope other people are successful!

+Quote Post
autumnbreeze
post Nov 11 2007, 06:34 AM
Post #2618

BUSTie

Hi Ladies,

It's been a very long time since I've been in here. Glad to see a lot of the old busties still posting! I'm also glad to see some new remedies being shared..I'm writing everything down. I'm still struggling with BV. I hadn't tried anything in probably the past 6 months..just wanted to give my body a break. But last night, I was feeling not-so-fresh (to put it mildly) and did an HP wash and I starting thinking about tackling this BV again. Sigh. I'll post if I have any luck.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Nov 10 2007, 12:28 PM
Post #2619

Hardcore BUSTie

I haven't had any side effects at all. I am a little wetter which makes me happier because sex is more enjoyable.

+Quote Post
jularee
post Nov 10 2007, 11:11 AM
Post #2620

BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Nov 10 2007, 12:25 PM) *
The nuvaring has been great ladies!
smile.gif

That's good to hear neverending! I'm thinking of switching from the Mirena IUD to the Nuvaring. I heard it's supposed to increase the good flora in the vagina. How long have you been using it? Any crazy side effects?

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 129 130 131 132 133 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 1, 2014 - 05:27 PM