Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 241 242 243 244 245 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
jewelscando
post Sep 28 2006, 06:56 PM
Post #4841

Hardcore BUSTie

Neverending. I've been wondering the same thing for months, but nobody ever seemed to reply. I had a Hysterectomy about 5yrs ago or so, and this is when my problem started. I didn't have a full Hysterectomy, which means I still have my ovaries. I'm thinking, mine has something to do with that as well.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neverending
post Sep 28 2006, 02:13 PM
Post #4842

Hardcore BUSTie

Found something else:
Birth control pills also raise the pH of the vagina so that it is inhospitable to sperm.

Vaginal pH. The normal vaginal pH is 3.8 to 4.5. Bacterial vaginosis often causes the vaginal pH to be greater than 4.5.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Sep 28 2006, 12:57 PM
Post #4843

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm not saying anyone is going through menopause but I was thinking that this may be due to some kind of hormonal imbalance or something of that nature.I suspect my problem is due to hormones because I never had any problems whatsoever until I started /stopped birth control.Before I had my miscarriage in July,I did not have any symptoms of BV for a couple of months.After the miscarriage the BV came back.What changed during pregnancy?Hormones right?

Oh, I have an Doctors appointment next week and I'm going to let him know that I want him to check my hormones.I don't mind being the guinea pig if it's going to make this stop! I will let you ladies know what happens.

+Quote Post
Emma22
post Sep 28 2006, 12:08 PM
Post #4844

so we need more estrogen? :S
I think what neverending means eralc, is generally before the menopause like anytime before it, not the direct time before... or am i wrong? if i am im 17! (Ive had this problem for at least 2 years now!) and i can assure u its totally unsex related!

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Sep 28 2006, 11:58 AM
Post #4845

BUSTie

I sure as hell hope not!

At 22 I'm nowhere near menopause and I think would be a freak of nature if my estrogen was declining.
Then again at 22 you'd think I'd be able to sustain an active, happy and uninterrupted sex life now wouldn't you?

+Quote Post
neverending
post Sep 28 2006, 10:03 AM
Post #4846

Hardcore BUSTie

Could this be our problem.Very interesting!

Before menopause, the tissues lining your vagina remain thick and moist in the presence of estrogen. That’s because estrogen helps maintain blood flow to vaginal tissue, keeps vaginal walls supple and elastic, promotes production of natural lubricants, and helps protect against bacterial infections. As estrogen levels decline, the outer genital areas can become dry, itchy, and irritated. In the vagina, harmful bacteria, which would not normally be able to flourish, may grow. Bacteria from the vagina may also reach the urethra and cause bladder infections. Even if you are taking oral hormones, they may not produce levels adequate to treat vaginal atrophy.
ANY THOUGHTS?

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Sep 27 2006, 05:50 PM
Post #4847

BUSTie

Bless You neverending... Anyone else care to weigh in??

And a P.S., since all of you are still discussing remedies and actively researching this, have any of you had long term results with the boric acid (seemingly most popular) or something else? Or is it just an effective means untill it inevitably rears it's nasty head again? I'd at least like a month or two between rotten stages...

+Quote Post
neverending
post Sep 27 2006, 04:20 PM
Post #4848

Hardcore BUSTie

What pharmacies have you picked up the capsules/acid at?
You can go to any herbal /health food store and find the empty veg. capsules.I buy my Boric Acid from Wal-mart.

Do I ask at the perscription counter or are they on the shelves?
Depends on where you live.I get the Boric acid off the shelf at my local Wal-mart.

How much acid do I use and how often?
I use 1 cap during the day and at night I only use half a capsule

What sized capsules do I need?
I use the regular size capsule.Some ladies here use the 00 size.
Welcome to the board!

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Sep 27 2006, 02:16 PM
Post #4849

BUSTie

Hello All-

New to the forum because I too have suffered for too damn long with chronic BV. I'm interested in the boric acid treatments as I have never tried them and my regimine of vitamin C tablets and hydrogen peroxide douching hasn't seemed to help in the month or so I've been trying it.

What pharmacies have you picked up the capsules/acid at?
Do I ask at the perscription counter or are they on the shelves?
How much acid do I use and how often?
What sized capsules do I need?

I'm sure most of this has been covered in previous posts but forgive my laziness and un-willingness to sift through 27 some odd pages of horror stories.

Any replies are MUCH appreciated by myself and I'm sure my long neglected boyfriend...
THANKS!

+Quote Post
summerbabe
post Sep 27 2006, 01:37 AM
Post #4850

BUSTie

Thanks guys, I went to the doctor today and she did some swabs, but said everything looked perfectly fine. I'm just waiting for test results, doc doesn't think it's a yeast infection but i'm sort of hoping it is cause that's easy to take care of!

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Sep 26 2006, 09:45 PM
Post #4851

Hardcore BUSTie

Ok... So I told you all the fish smell was gone. And here's the newest scoop. This may seem a bit graphic, and I apologize ahead of time, in case someone is offended, however, I feel it's really important to state all the facts, just to determine if anyone else has experienced the same. So... I went to my boyfriends today, (Couldn't wait until this weekend), and everything started fine. I started out on top, and there was no smell what so ever. After about 10 minutes, My boyfriend rolled me over and got on top of me. At the first thrust, it was like he had gone in pretty deep and I felt almost like a popping feeling, way deep inside. THEN... all of a sudden, a HUGE horrible smell of raw dead fish was all around us. I had had no smell at all, up until that almost popping sounding noise. Therefore, I'm back on the idea (Sorry Sassy) that this problem is way "Deeper" then what the boric is able to clear up. I had made the decision not to go back on antibiotics, but, I'm not sure now that I have much of a choice. The smell was really bad. Almost like it was just waiting to "Explode". Probably the worst I've had to date. Anyways, any thoughts?

+Quote Post
Cashmeregirl
post Sep 25 2006, 10:11 PM
Post #4852

Yes, Summer- if it's your first yeast/ infection def. go to the Dr. like Sassy says. You def. want to make sure. Good Luck!

+Quote Post
sassy
post Sep 25 2006, 08:35 AM
Post #4853

Hardcore BUSTie

Summerbabe...if you've never had a yeast infection, I would go to your doctor first. If you use a yeast medication and you don't have yeast, it will only be making things worse down there and throwing off the natural PH and balance of things. Besides, if you go to your doctor and you do have yeast, you can just get a diflucan pill which is one pill and no mess.

+Quote Post
summerbabe
post Sep 25 2006, 08:24 AM
Post #4854

BUSTie

Hey Cashmeregirl, thanks for replying!

I do have a little bit, but no more than I've always had! I'm not experiencing any discomfort either (I've never had a yeast infection before, but I recall hearing that they make you itch, etc.). Maybe I should try one of those yeast infection remedies and see what happens? Anyone know which one is best?

+Quote Post
Cashmeregirl
post Sep 25 2006, 06:05 AM
Post #4855

Hi Summer sounds like you most likely have a yeast infection. Do you have any discharge?

--------------------
[font=Century Gothic]

+Quote Post
summerbabe
post Sep 25 2006, 02:12 AM
Post #4856

BUSTie

I hope I'm posting in the right place!

I'm not sure if I have BV or not -- I haven't really noticed any strong smell, but I'm experiencing a huge change in taste. I used to taste lovely and sweet wink.gif, but for the past few months it's gone to bread-y, almost like pasta (sorry that might sound gross but it's the best way I can describe it!). Does anyone know what might be going on???

+Quote Post
Cashmeregirl
post Sep 24 2006, 07:15 PM
Post #4857

Hi All, got the Fem V test at Rite aid by me. You can look it up online and it will tell you where to purchase in your area. Very accurate test, I even called their home office to make sure of it! =) I am so paranoid...hoping that it's just yeast and not anything else still. Acually no mustly smell since I used my last Boric Acid Friday night ( after sex)

Yes, MY dr. is the best, she actually prescribed the Boric Acid herself since my Yeast was so stubborn, I'm hoping that she will give me another refill for it. I will ask her about it for you guys, not a prob. Glad to hear you are feeling better Jewels!!!! smile.gif

--------------------
[font=Century Gothic]

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Sep 24 2006, 12:11 PM
Post #4858

Hardcore BUSTie

Cashmeregirl: Does your Doctor know that you are on Boric?? If not, can you ask him/her about it?? Please be our ginney pig!! We are all to scared to say anything. My smell isn't musty per say, it's more rotten. But not fish smelling either. I too have been on every antibiotic in the world, and Boric has taken the fish away. Also, I've been off boric for a week now, and starting using a Q-tip, once every few days or so, and the funk smell seems to be gone now. So, I don't know. I haven't had sex myself since August 19th. (Yes, I remember the day) wink.gif So, now, I'm just trying to get rid of the funk smell before next weekend. (YEAH, SEX NEXT WEEKEND!!)

Sorry, a Q-Tip of Tea Tree Oil.

+Quote Post
little_idiot
post Sep 24 2006, 10:28 AM
Post #4859

BUSTie

WOW! That test sounds awesome... Where do you get that? Is it over-the-counter?

+Quote Post
Cashmeregirl
post Sep 24 2006, 07:16 AM
Post #4860

HI everyone , Newbie to the board! Happy to find you guys! Anyway, been fighting infections since my Dr. had me on a wide spectrum antibiotic for a sinus infection about 3 years ago. Now I either have a yeast infection or BV. ( on and off of course) Can't take it anymore...I think I just want a new one!! Ughhh!! My Dr. gave me Diflucan for almost 2 months...still didn't work ...then I finally got the Boric Acid which did work...thank God, but my problem is something always always comes back. Went back to the Dr. and got the Boric Acid ...... seemed to help this time again, but now I am having a weird musty smell .....not sure if its still a yeast infection or if it could be BV. Although i tried the new FEM-V test. (anyone try that yet?) It's a pantiliner that can tell you from discharge if you have a bacterial infection......came out negative so now i am just confused ....going to gyno on Wed...just wanted to get anyone 's feedback..... much appreciated.....!!

--------------------
[font=Century Gothic]

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 241 242 243 244 245 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 25, 2014 - 09:43 AM