271 Pages V  « < 138 139 140 141 142 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
firecrotch
post Sep 30 2007, 07:56 PM
Post #2781

QUOTE(SSDPrice @ Sep 30 2007, 10:50 AM) *
Hello ladies,

I am new to this forum and I am very glad that I found it. I was diagnosed with my first case of BV in June. I have had 2 other bouts (the last one being about 2 weeks ago and I thought that I had it under control). I have taken Flagyl (had an allergic reaction), tried boric acid suppositories, Tindamax, Clindesse, and probiotics. I am at a total loss here. My husband and I have been using condoms since the beginning of August and I still seem to have an infection. (I am very concerned that I am going to have a lot of trouble when we decide to get pregnant.) My symptoms are a little different than others. I don't have the foul odor that some of you describe (I am very sorry to those that do). My symptoms are more external-burning and irritation around my vaginal entrance. My doctor had a local pharamacist compound me a vaginal relief cream (praxomine, hydrocortisone, and lidocaine) and that helps some.

I have always had a discharge and maybe all along I have always had BV; however, my now husband is the first man that I have ever had unprotected sex with (end of May), thus the BV. I realize that the issue is pH of the vagina. I have some Rephresh but haven't tried it yet, although I am not sure that it will help with an existing infection.

I read on another forum about vitamin B deficiencies causing hormone issues which could lead to vaginal issues (ex. BV). Now I am taking 100 mg of B6, a Super B Complex, and 1200 mg of folic acid along with a multivitamin per day. Oh, and I also take probiotics. (I tried Jarrow's Femdophilus and found that it didn't seem to help any better than Nature's Way Primdophilus Ruteuri). So, my last infection was diagnosed over 2 weeks ago. Used Clindesse and thought that I was on my way to BV freedom and BAM! Yesterday I started having symptoms again-external irritation, etc.

I have seen several posts about a hydrogen peroxide douche. Does this help? How do you mix the solution and what do you use to insert it? Is it safe? I have also read many places that say not to do this.

I hope that we can all keep our heads held high and not get discouraged. I hope that you all have wonderful, understanding partners like my husband. I will definitely be checking back often. Maybe we can support each other. Have a great day!

Stacy

Hi Stacy
I've been using the hydrogen peroxide douche for about a month now. I started using 50% water 50% peroxide. then I just started using 100% peroxide. I use a baby oral syringe to insert it. it fits perfectly and easy to clean. But I found a reusable douche in one of the adult movie stores . dh bought me in there. i was wondering why it had a douche-anyway. I notice a much better feeling down there. like my vagina just gargled with mouth wash. I don't really have the smell or the discharge, just the irritation and burning like you. i used it for about every other 3 days and after we have sex. which i've only been feeling comfortable with since i started using the peroxide. i don't feel as self conscious.
i hope this helps you

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SSDPrice
post Sep 30 2007, 08:33 AM
Post #2782

Hello ladies,

I am new to this forum and I am very glad that I found it. I was diagnosed with my first case of BV in June. I have had 2 other bouts (the last one being about 2 weeks ago and I thought that I had it under control). I have taken Flagyl (had an allergic reaction), tried boric acid suppositories, Tindamax, Clindesse, and probiotics. I am at a total loss here. My husband and I have been using condoms since the beginning of August and I still seem to have an infection. (I am very concerned that I am going to have a lot of trouble when we decide to get pregnant.) My symptoms are a little different than others. I don't have the foul odor that some of you describe (I am very sorry to those that do). My symptoms are more external-burning and irritation around my vaginal entrance. My doctor had a local pharamacist compound me a vaginal relief cream (praxomine, hydrocortisone, and lidocaine) and that helps some.

I have always had a discharge and maybe all along I have always had BV; however, my now husband is the first man that I have ever had unprotected sex with (end of May), thus the BV. I realize that the issue is pH of the vagina. I have some Rephresh but haven't tried it yet, although I am not sure that it will help with an existing infection.

I read on another forum about vitamin B deficiencies causing hormone issues which could lead to vaginal issues (ex. BV). Now I am taking 100 mg of B6, a Super B Complex, and 1200 mg of folic acid along with a multivitamin per day. Oh, and I also take probiotics. (I tried Jarrow's Femdophilus and found that it didn't seem to help any better than Nature's Way Primdophilus Ruteuri). So, my last infection was diagnosed over 2 weeks ago. Used Clindesse and thought that I was on my way to BV freedom and BAM! Yesterday I started having symptoms again-external irritation, etc.

I have seen several posts about a hydrogen peroxide douche. Does this help? How do you mix the solution and what do you use to insert it? Is it safe? I have also read many places that say not to do this.

I hope that we can all keep our heads held high and not get discouraged. I hope that you all have wonderful, understanding partners like my husband. I will definitely be checking back often. Maybe we can support each other. Have a great day!

Stacy

+Quote Post
Italianwife88
post Sep 28 2007, 09:54 PM
Post #2783

BUSTie

I'vehadenough, thats not weird, we do that to because im not on BC...i know i know that a stupid stupid thing to do BUT whatever. We are pretty safe about it most of the time.

+Quote Post
i'vehadenough
post Sep 28 2007, 09:19 PM
Post #2784

BUSTie

Has anyone trued Femanol? I looked through the blog that was listed below but there uas no info on it.
It is just so expensive and I already spent the $ on Enzara not knowin it was a scam. It is wierd though because any reviews I find on line say that it works. Are those but out there by the company?

Also, I have noticed that people are saying that it sucks having to have their partner pull out. Am we the only people that do that normally? We have always done it that way even before the BV started. I mean everyonce in a while he wont but it doesn't make or break the sex for me or him. Just curious

+Quote Post
LoveLife
post Sep 28 2007, 06:15 PM
Post #2785

BUSTie

Hey all~

eye'm back!

Italianwife88... haha! LOL. that's awesome! Sounds like you guys have a good relationship. smile.gif

Brandis... i would suggest Uva Ursi and cutting out sugar and processed food for a while. The Flagyl I don't think will
work, my doc told me it's a different type of infection. Are you using the unsweetened version of cranberry? "Just Cranberry"?
The regular stuff has loads of sugar, which feeds the infection. "Just Cranberry" is really really tart, but i make a cocktail with
orange or lemon seltzer water and it tastes better. Just gotta suck it up and suck it down. I'm used to it now.

As for me, I'm actually feeling better! (except today, but i cheated the last couple days and had wine and sugar. opps.)
But before that I was only noticing a teeny bit of bubbles and itching. I really think it has something to do with the oregano
oil/femdophilis mixture. AND of course, the diet. which is so hard to stay on. i'm going to stay on it until i feel completely better though,
it's worth it. and then hopefully ad in some treats here and there. I found an awesome bread (at least near me) that is yeast AND wheat free.
I don't eat a lot, but its deelish. Oh! And i saw my gyno today for something else and he said he didn't see anything that looked like an infection!
YEAH! First time in at least 2 years I've been to the doc and not had them say "you have BV aaand a yeast infection too. Take all these drugs. Again."

The one thing I'm noticing, as I get a LOT of UTI's (like give me 4 hours between the start of a burning sensation and peeing blood, lotsa hospital bills)
and something I'm taking is bothering my urethra. I'm thinking it's my multi though. It's super potent and maybe my body isn't processing
everything quick enough. Which is a BUMMER because otherwise it makes me feel great. sad.gif Time to find a new one I guess. Maybe something
liquid? Food based? Multiple does per day? Any suggestions?

+Quote Post
brandils
post Sep 28 2007, 05:19 PM
Post #2786

BUSTie

Anybody know if the Flagyl I have ordered will help with a UTI or do I need to do something else? I have been drinking cranberry juice like crazy along with tons of water. I don't want to have to take another antibiotic, one is bad enough. Please Help!!!! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Italianwife88
post Sep 28 2007, 12:07 PM
Post #2787

BUSTie

Good news ladies! I've been BV free for a week now. The thing that keeps BV away for me is changing my diet. Cutting out sugars and processed foods and bleached foods, and yeast products.

I had unprotected sex with my husband the other night, it was greeeeeeeat. then i did hydroxgen/water treatment for me and made hiim do a penile soak which he brought up by the way. I said 'imma go do my treatment' he said 'wanna make me one?' and i said 'hell yeah!'

+Quote Post
mercurysister
post Sep 27 2007, 11:47 AM
Post #2788

QUOTE(hinyc2007 @ Sep 24 2007, 05:18 PM) *
HELLO EVERYONE! Thank God I found this message board. I'm sorry we are all going through this horrible recurring thing but reading everyone else's experiences sure does help a lot. Thanks to everyone who posts info on their home remedies that they have tried.

I'll try to give everyone the short story and thanks in advance for reading:

I'm 33 years old. 10 years ago I started having a yogurt like yellowish discharge with an odor. It was mistreated as a yeast infection for almost a year and finally the doctor cultured me and found ureaplasma, mycoplasma, gardnerella and strep B. 10 years later, I've never been the same. I've been on boatloads of antibiotics, vaginal creams and gels. The symptoms always come back although my cultures now come back negative. The Metrogel works when I'm on it but the discharge and odor always returns. In addition, over the past year I now bleed everytime I have sex (not a lot) and spot between periods. I had several opinions and all doctors said that the discharge, odor and bleeding is normal. I feel like everything but normal. I'm at my wits end. I also have HPV and had a few LEEP procedures but all of my paps have been normal for the last 3 years.

I started seeing someone new a few months ago and I've been avoiding having sex with him because I'm so embarrased. I know he really wants to perform oral sex on me as well and that thought makes me gag.

Here is my question and I apologize if this was already covered somewhere else on the board:

What tends to work the FASTEST and doesn't leave behind yet another odor or MORE discharge? I tried Rephresh and that made everything worse. I've been taking flax seed, probiotics and eating a few yogurt a day but they haven't helped either. I haven't tried anything else besides a ton of scripts.

I also have Metrogel left over, has anyone tried this say once a week and if so what day should I take it say if I'd like to have sex on a Friday?

Thanks so much. Good luck to everyone in keeping your BV away or at least controlling it.

--------------------------------------------------

Have you tried Boric Acid? Use condoms with this new guy, that should help keep your ph-levels under control. Stay positive!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mercurysister
post Sep 27 2007, 11:39 AM
Post #2789

Good day girls,
I'm new to the site and I find it fantastic! I recently was diagnosed with my first case of BV about a month ago, I was prescribed antibiotics and that did the trick. However, I have had irritating yeast infections in the past and wouldn't be surprised if I didn't have an undiagnosed case of BV in the past. I'm not fond of antibiotics and like to take my health into my own hands. I'm not currently seeing anyone, but I figure in the future there is bound to be fluctuating ph-levels when I do become sexually active again. I'm happy to hear Boric Acid has worked for some of you, and I plan to use it if I get any of the following: itchy, burning, smelly, and irritating symptoms common with BV or Yeast. What is the name of the Boric Acid Brand found at Wal-Mart? Also, where do you buy the capsules? Can you get capsules at Wal-MArt? Has anyone used preventative oral probiotics for vaginal flora? or vitamins? Does it work? I don't like feeling trapped, ashamed, or burdened by my vagina - we are sexual creatures and expressing this side of our feminine need should be worry free and healthy... and if it takes a little maintenance then I am all for it! I'll be using condoms in the future, I think that helps to prevent BV (not to mention safe and smart for STD reasons!). I'm happy to hear all of you are progressive fighters for your wellbeing! Keep up the good discussion.
Cheers!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Sep 27 2007, 08:29 AM
Post #2790

Hardcore BUSTie

OK, never mind!

+Quote Post
pympmama1
post Sep 27 2007, 04:30 AM
Post #2791

BUSTie

Here is lori blog... it is under the blogs section of the site
http://www.bust.com/lounge/index.php?autom...;blogid=11&

+Quote Post
StrawberryLove
post Sep 26 2007, 05:20 PM
Post #2792

I just read a few posts and I want to know Do the herbal remedies work?

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Sep 26 2007, 07:58 AM
Post #2793

Hardcore BUSTie

LORI!!!! WHERE ARE YOU? CAN YOU POST YOU BLOG SWEETIE?? There's alot of newbies on here, and it would be great for them to see the trial an errors!!

MISS YOU!!!

+Quote Post
brandils
post Sep 25 2007, 12:28 PM
Post #2794

BUSTie

Jewelscando

Wanted to say thanks for the website to order the Flagyl. It is on the way and my plan is to try having sex and not making my hubby pull out. Not only is this messy but it really takes away from the mood. If my BV smell comes back at least I have meds on the way. We haven't had good sex in a few months because I am so paranoid the smell will come back. I hate taking antibiotics but at this point I have tried almost all the other methods. I hope that if I need the antibiotics that I can take one course and all the vitamins and such will keep it gone for good. Wish me luck!!!! wacko.gif

+Quote Post
arj75
post Sep 25 2007, 05:48 AM
Post #2795

Hardcore BUSTie

Maggie and Morphia,

This estrogen twist thing....Do you two have problems with vaginal dryness? As..I don't ummmm ever. Just trying to figure out if I should ask my doctor if I can try this..thinking it might make my matters worse.

He tried to find b-1 and b-6..to give me injections...the nurses spent a half an hour trying to find it...not available in my state to thier knowledge.

I have a question to women that are prescribed b-complex..is that only B-12? Or is it called complex because it really is a complex of other vitamins too? I only ask this because..i really don't need B-12.

+Quote Post
hinyc2007
post Sep 24 2007, 06:01 PM
Post #2796

HELLO EVERYONE! Thank God I found this message board. I'm sorry we are all going through this horrible recurring thing but reading everyone else's experiences sure does help a lot. Thanks to everyone who posts info on their home remedies that they have tried.

I'll try to give everyone the short story and thanks in advance for reading:

I'm 33 years old. 10 years ago I started having a yogurt like yellowish discharge with an odor. It was mistreated as a yeast infection for almost a year and finally the doctor cultured me and found ureaplasma, mycoplasma, gardnerella and strep B. 10 years later, I've never been the same. I've been on boatloads of antibiotics, vaginal creams and gels. The symptoms always come back although my cultures now come back negative. The Metrogel works when I'm on it but the discharge and odor always returns. In addition, over the past year I now bleed everytime I have sex (not a lot) and spot between periods. I had several opinions and all doctors said that the discharge, odor and bleeding is normal. I feel like everything but normal. I'm at my wits end. I also have HPV and had a few LEEP procedures but all of my paps have been normal for the last 3 years.

I started seeing someone new a few months ago and I've been avoiding having sex with him because I'm so embarrased. I know he really wants to perform oral sex on me as well and that thought makes me gag.

Here is my question and I apologize if this was already covered somewhere else on the board:

What tends to work the FASTEST and doesn't leave behind yet another odor or MORE discharge? I tried Rephresh and that made everything worse. I've been taking flax seed, probiotics and eating a few yogurt a day but they haven't helped either. I haven't tried anything else besides a ton of scripts.

I also have Metrogel left over, has anyone tried this say once a week and if so what day should I take it say if I'd like to have sex on a Friday?

Thanks so much. Good luck to everyone in keeping your BV away or at least controlling it.

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Sep 24 2007, 05:31 PM
Post #2797

BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Sep 24 2007, 07:14 AM) *
I would have a hay day with all of the wonderful equipment and supplies.
The product you mentioned...do you use it only as a lubricant..or do I need to buy this by this barrell?

Ha! I teach chemistry to college freshmen -- it's really something! : )
But, as to your question--I use it both as a lubricant & as a preventive treatment--just a fingerfull of it every other day has done its work nicely for over a year now. On the alternating days, I use an "Estrogen Twist" vaginally---Estrace estrogen cream on the end of a Q-tip, inserted and gently twirled around. While doing so, I sing "The Estrogen Twist" to the tune of the oldie song "The Peppermint Twist."

Cheers!
Maggie

+Quote Post
sassy
post Sep 24 2007, 02:52 PM
Post #2798

Hardcore BUSTie

Morphia: How old are you (I know you're younger, like me, but I forget the exact age...) if you don't mind me asking? Did your doctor prescribe the estrogen only after they found Strep? Were they suprised or hesitant that someone so young would need estrogen cream? I only ask because I would assume a lot of doctors would just brush a young patient off when asking about estrogen cream.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Sep 24 2007, 12:57 PM
Post #2799

Hardcore BUSTie

Morphia: I'm glad the estrogen worked for you. You may very well be right about the strep thing. I am still ok. I just did a liver flush and got out a lot of stones. I am also starting oxygen powder whenever I get the product. Anyway, good for you!

+Quote Post
Morphia
post Sep 24 2007, 12:11 PM
Post #2800

Hardcore BUSTie

Back! Long time no talk. Basically the only thing that has kept my bv in check (only at bay. I know its still around a bit even though my doc says my wetprep came back clear) is the estrogen cream. For those of you that don't remember I was on two weeks of cleocin cream followed by estrogen cream to treat strep b and bv. I still get burny and every now and then I get my signature pizza smell, but I use the estrogen cream and it goes away.

I have a theory though....I think EVERYONE here needs to be tested for strep b. Stats say that around 30 percent of women are carriers of Strep B. Stats also say that 30 percent of women struggle with recurring bv (gardnerella) infections...I think its the strep that is making it difficult for the lactobacilli to populate. With the strep and the gardnerella in there how can the lactobacilli stand a chance? Strep and gard. are both anaerobes so they can live well with each other. You guys think I'm on to something? Or has this already been mentioned?

I mean, I know that getting tested for strep b has already been brought up several times. But the fact that carriers of strep are 30 percent and women with recurring bv is around 30 percent also hasn't been linked to my knowledge. Just a thought...

Anyway. My last culture did come back negative for strep b and showed normal flora. Despite being on estrogen cream I'm still pretty dry down there so I think thats why my bv isn't all the way gone, why I still burn and why I have to depend on the premarin. I'm going to see about getting my doc to test me for Sjogren's syndrome since I've been having problems with dry mouth (really bad) as well. And I know that Sjogren's patients have BV issues due to the dryness. So, thats my next step.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 138 139 140 141 142 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 19, 2014 - 03:32 PM