271 Pages V  « < 158 159 160 161 162 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
CanCan
post Jun 26 2007, 11:38 AM
Post #3181

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Jun 25 2007, 10:20 PM) *
Nope neverending, I haven't tried that yet. (have it in my stock pile though lol) I am a little scared about putting anything into my body right now. lol. Honestly, I have noticed improvement (a little) with what I have been doing. I'm trying to stick with mind over body and see how nuts I become first I guess. lol. I need something to relax me, without putting me under a voodoo spell. lol.

Anyone have any ideas of how to slow down a metabolism? I'm 5'9 and 120 pounds... I have been checked for hyperthyroidism, but it came back ok. Is there such a thing as pre-hyperthyroidism? I'm to burnt-out of researching to research it right now. lol

What are you feeling exactly? Here is some info on hyperthyroidism:

http://www.digitalnaturopath.com/cond/C16761.html

I read this one about hypothyroidism, because it pertains to me:

http://www.digitalnaturopath.com/cond/C20313.html
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Jun 26 2007, 11:22 AM
Post #3182

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(cinderflower @ Jun 25 2007, 05:15 PM) *
arj75, i highly recommend st. john's wort, valerian root or kava kava if you aren't already taking a prescription SSRI/SNRI. the only thing i noticed from them was sort of a build-up of grogginess after a couple of months or so of taking it every night, (not all of them at once, i varied them) but once i got cymbalta, i quit taking all of them. i took prozac as well and it had weird side effects. i am on a very low (40 mg.) dosage of cymbalta and you might want to try it. the only warning i will offer is that like effexor, it's supposed to be really hard to kick. but i've been taking it almost a year now and am extremely pleased with it. in other words--i went so long without finding anything at all that worked, i have no intention of stopping it unless it stops being effective for some reason.

I think St. John's Wort is amazing. It works really well on anxiety, not just depression. My doctor told me to try it, and it is working for me. It is in liquid form, but not the tiny sublingual bottle, it's a large 8oz bottle. I didn't want to take the pills, because they take too long to digest. I only take a tiny bit of it at a time, 1/4 of a teaspoon, and just keep it under my tongue for a minute or two, because it works best sublingually. When you feel stressed out or anxious, you take the liquid, and it works right away. The brand I am using is so great, I wish I could tell you what it is called, but I read the label, and it doesn't seem to have the company name on it. And I can't seem to find it on the internet. I got it from my doctor.

I am also still taking a tiny amount of L-Theanine (like 1/6 of a capsule) every morning. It seems to be working very well. I'm also taking L-Tyrosine (1/6 of a capsule). Because it is also good for improving your mood. And I feel normal - not at all zoned out or tired.

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 26 2007, 09:14 AM
Post #3183

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey everyone,

I had my colpo today. I had thought the bv was gone (for now) however, according to him, it is still there. Also, I have a yeast infection (according to him) however, I have no symtoms of this either. I told him that I have been dealing with bv for 2 years...and he suggested to me that my partner was cheating on me. I have no partner at this time. Not only did he insult me, but also made a comment of my "doctor" hopping list. I'd just love to find a doctor that has even the smallest bit of empathy for women that are dealing with this. Do they exist? I really wanted to rip his head off, but I felt like if I got started, I wouldn't be able to shut-up. I go back in two weeks for the results of my colpo.

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 25 2007, 08:03 PM
Post #3184

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Jun 25 2007, 03:09 PM) *
I'm sorry to hear that arj75. Have you tried that L-theanine yet?

Nope neverending, I haven't tried that yet. (have it in my stock pile though lol) I am a little scared about putting anything into my body right now. lol. Honestly, I have noticed improvement (a little) with what I have been doing. I'm trying to stick with mind over body and see how nuts I become first I guess. lol. I need something to relax me, without putting me under a voodoo spell. lol.

Anyone have any ideas of how to slow down a metabolism? I'm 5'9 and 120 pounds... I have been checked for hyperthyroidism, but it came back ok. Is there such a thing as pre-hyperthyroidism? I'm to burnt-out of researching to research it right now. lol

Cinderflower, Thanks for the advice...(I'm not being a smart ass) the fact that you have only had bv a few times and you are here to help...it makes me admire your character greatly!

Also, in the Sunday morning Indy paper...you'll never guess...FDA is putting a "crack down" on the vitamins, herbs, and everything else lots of us here use.

Why all of a sudden do they give a shit..they are passing drugs with a 38% success rate!

+Quote Post
cinderflower
post Jun 25 2007, 02:58 PM
Post #3185

BUSTie

arj75, i highly recommend st. john's wort, valerian root or kava kava if you aren't already taking a prescription SSRI/SNRI. the only thing i noticed from them was sort of a build-up of grogginess after a couple of months or so of taking it every night, (not all of them at once, i varied them) but once i got cymbalta, i quit taking all of them. i took prozac as well and it had weird side effects. i am on a very low (40 mg.) dosage of cymbalta and you might want to try it. the only warning i will offer is that like effexor, it's supposed to be really hard to kick. but i've been taking it almost a year now and am extremely pleased with it. in other words--i went so long without finding anything at all that worked, i have no intention of stopping it unless it stops being effective for some reason.

--------------------
There are more seams to me than there seem to be. ~me, circa 2001.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jun 25 2007, 01:52 PM
Post #3186

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm sorry to hear that arj75. Have you tried that L-theanine yet?

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 25 2007, 10:23 AM
Post #3187

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Jun 25 2007, 10:08 AM) *
Who else here has social anxiety or depression and what are you taking/doing to overcome this problem?

Neverending, what a great question! I am still a little confused as to whether I am depressed or not....I don't feel depressed, but I am still learning to cope with the tragic loss of my best friend who was murdered, almost one year ago. What I do suffer from and have been for quite sometime is anxiety. And it is horrible. My anxiety level the day before my period.. is something that I don't even know how to describe....

One of the many quacks I have seen.. put me on prozac. All I can tell you is that I have never have had suicidal thoughts in my whole life, but my third week into taking to the medication, I was ready to put a gun to my head. I threw it in the trash, and I am no longer having those feelings. Just anxiety and insomnia...

I have been making changes in my diet, and taking 1500 mg of vitamin C, and a stress B vitamin tab (3 in morning and 3 in evening...

I am hoping that I can overcome this with proper diet and exercise....

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jun 25 2007, 08:51 AM
Post #3188

Hardcore BUSTie

Who else here has social anxiety or depression and what are you taking/doing to overcome this problem?

+Quote Post
lori
post Jun 24 2007, 10:10 PM
Post #3189

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(kattkiddy @ Jun 24 2007, 08:49 PM) *
I am so frustrated with this. I am 14 weeks pregnant and I have had bv three times! The Dr. says it is common in pregnant women but I know that it can affect the baby. I've tried two different creams and it is reoccuring, does anyone have any suggestions?

Probiotics. Fem-dophilus in particular. Check out my blog (link is in my sig) for more info. Let your doctor know you're planning to take it - let us know what s/he says.

However, aside from probiotics, you should definitely NOT use any of the other products on that list, esp. boric acid. (Maybe RePhresh is okay - I think the insert says it's okay to use during pregnancy. But it doesn't work that well.)

Here's the info. directly from my blog:

Fem-Dophilus (Jarrow)
  • Cons: expensive
  • Conclusion: several members have reported good results; buy it refrigerated (iHerb.com looks like the best online source)

--------------------

+Quote Post
kattkiddy
post Jun 24 2007, 09:32 PM
Post #3190

I am so frustrated with this. I am 14 weeks pregnant and I have had bv three times! The Dr. says it is common in pregnant women but I know that it can affect the baby. I've tried two different creams and it is reoccuring, does anyone have any suggestions?

+Quote Post
lori
post Jun 24 2007, 09:02 PM
Post #3191

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Jun 24 2007, 11:18 AM) *
Also, I wanted to thank Lori for all the time and work she has spent on "the blog", pretty soon her blog will need a mini blog. lol I wish we had a payroll department here.

You're welcome Arj! I'm glad you find it helpful.

QUOTE(arj75 @ Jun 24 2007, 11:18 AM) *
The popcorn smell..lol....my sister says her snatch smells like onions after eating them... we smell like what we eat?? lol

I definitely think what you eat makes a difference! I've been drinking a lot of Naked Juice (green machine) lately, and I swear that's what I smell like! It's not a bad smell so I don't mind. But it's weird.

Congrats on being BV-free for a while! Hope relief lasts for us.

--------------------

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 24 2007, 07:30 PM
Post #3192

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(ilovehim @ Jun 24 2007, 01:47 PM) *
LOL I thought I was the only one with the pop-corn smell. lol
"we smell like what we eat"...I think what we consume does affect our odor, not only vaginal odor but body odor as well. The odd thing is that I have not ate pop-corn in a looooong time. sad.gif

I think the different smells that linger around from time to time are from caused by foods we eat... I think of it this way...the colors yellow and black...make green...pineapple and spinach...make.....??

This is to much TMI, but my ex's love juice tasted different from time to time, depending on what he ate.

Maybe we need a blood hound to join the team to detect early warning signals of BV. lol

I keep a food journal, but I am also gonna start keeping better track of my menstrual cycle..the day I start..the hour ..minute if possible. lol Keep track of how long they last and so forth...the discharge that varies from day to day.

I spoke to my pharmacist this weekend, he says that he knows of doctors putting women on birthcontrol for the sole reason to regulate their hormones better.... But for members like Cancan, of course this is not an option as she is planning to add a member to her family.....

I am still BV free right now. I am in total shock. lol

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Jun 24 2007, 01:24 PM
Post #3193

Hardcore BUSTie

oops.. i hit post too many times. double post haha.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Jun 24 2007, 01:23 PM
Post #3194

Hardcore BUSTie

so on friday i noticed a little discharge coming out so i put a liner on, and then next time i went to go to the bathroom it was thick (not gooey, almost like powdery??) whitish, yellowish, brownish discharge. and it smelled like onions/garlic. but i had garlic herb potato chips that day so that could have been why i smelled like that. but anyway i put a yeast arrest in at night and since then i've been fine. it's only sunday but we'll see. maybe i'll have to just use one yeast arrest every once in a while, which i am very fine with.

+Quote Post
ilovehim
post Jun 24 2007, 12:30 PM
Post #3195

BUSTie

LOL I thought I was the only one with the pop-corn smell. lol

"we smell like what we eat"...I think what we consume does affect our odor, not only vaginal odor but body odor as well. The odd thing is that I have not ate pop-corn in a looooong time. sad.gif

--------------------
[font="Garamond"][/font][size="2"][/size]&hearts; Yours Truly...

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 24 2007, 12:01 PM
Post #3196

Hardcore BUSTie

Hello everyone!

I realize that ths is BV site, but since we were discussing hormones, breast lumps, and breast cancer and so forth...I wanted to mention something that I had posted earlier regarding aluminum zirconium ( in deodorant) (according to research...this was at one time linked to breast cancer.... However, after day seven of my insomnia, I usually collaspe from exhaustion, but a new broadcast woke me from sleep... claiming that researchers are now revoking this link to breast cancer....(I don't think I was dreaming..I think I heard this..who knows..) maybe the Secret deodorant company paid them off to say this..lol (I'm just teasing..) Are researchers researching our research? LOL.

Also, I wanted to thank Lori for all the time and work she has spent on "the blog", pretty soon her blog will need a mini blog. lol I wish we had a payroll department here.

But may I please keep my "Yeast monster" around for awhile? Please? At least on a short leash?) lol I just wanted to quote this information from the V-book...

Our pal Lizzy says....p 203...(I'm just listing her last statement.) The vast majority of medical practitioners, however, roundly dispute such connections, although good studies have not been done...... (Regarding cause or effect of yeast being cause of disease)

The popcorn smell..lol....my sister says her snatch smells like onions after eating them... we smell like what we eat?? lol

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Jun 23 2007, 05:25 PM
Post #3197

BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ Jun 23 2007, 07:34 PM) *
ilovehim: Mine smells like popcorn, too. Isn't that weird?

Mine, too! And if I take a peppermint-oil capsule for my stomach, I smell like eucalyptus a few hours later.
Bizarre.

Maggie c.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jun 23 2007, 05:17 PM
Post #3198

Hardcore BUSTie

ilovehim: Mine smells like popcorn, too. Isn't that weird?

+Quote Post
ilovehim
post Jun 23 2007, 04:39 PM
Post #3199

BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ Jun 23 2007, 01:26 AM) *
Well, girls. I jinxed myself indeed. I was having my daily look-see today when I propped my leg up on the counter, positioned the mirror and got a faint whiff of something rotten. Its still strange though, because when I smell the discharge on my finger it has virtually no odor. It actually smells faintly of raw potatoes. But the smell emanating from my vagina smells rotten. Does anyone else here experience this???

My odor changes all the time. I noticed that I never have a constant smell. It ranges from Fish, trash, shit, a buttery smell (like pop-corn), cake, pizza, cheesy, creamy....and so on and so fourth. The worst are the first three.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ilovehim
post Jun 23 2007, 04:34 PM
Post #3200

BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ Jun 23 2007, 04:27 AM) *
FYI - Most BV sites I've read says that tampons are bad for BV-patients, because it keeps the bacteria and high-pH blood in your vagina longer (which is why I switched to pads), but The V Book says that tampons are okay. Just make sure you don't use the kind that's too absorbent - e.g., the super-size for a light flow, etc. - because that can cause vaginal ulcers.

In fact, Dr. Stewart says that women who use pads end up with more rectal germs in their vagina because the pad rubs back and forth. But she doesn't recommend against using pads, either.

Anyway, according to her, thumbs up on tampons.

thanks for letting me know that... That's a relief, atleast I won't have to deal with the horrid stench anymore. (I hope) laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 158 159 160 161 162 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 24, 2014 - 06:21 PM