The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

211 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 27 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> small breast support group - (I need it even if they don't)
DeeRayy
post May 25 2011, 10:15 AM
Post #481

Hardcore BUSTie

thank you for the responses, all. i just needed to vent a little.

karategrrl, i just might start with the whole dream diary business. i think just a diary in general would help. although this place is pretty darn close to a diary for me! haha.

strongirl. i really liked your story about the miss america judges. i totally agree that beauty is extremely subjective. the thing is, my insecurities aren't just about beauty. i think they're also about my personality, and whether i'm too shy, too quiet, not witty enough, not fun enough, etc.

btw, strongirl and karategrrl, i really admire your views on aging as well. honestly , it seems like you guys are more comfortable with dressing skimpy than I am! I'm a teenager and i don't even own a miniskirt, or any low cut tops. i feel uncomfortable in a pair of shorts! so i salute you guys in admiration smile.gif

QUOTE(angie_21 @ May 24 2011, 10:11 PM) *
KeraBear, I have to say a lot of what I've learned over my relatively brief years is how to figure out what I want. I spent a lot of my early 20s trying to please the boys I was dating, and didn't even know how much I was missing out on for myself (and what they were missing out on as well, because of it!). Becoming more comfortable with myself, and my body, means that I am a lot less inhibited, and it adds a bit more oomph and means a lot less awkwardness. And being willing to ask for what I want (or demand it wink.gif ) always gets a good response! This is one part of my life I really do hope I never stop learning smile.gif

even though this was directed at kera i really related to and agreed with it. i learned in my first relationship that i definitely need to work on addressing my own needs instead of my partner's. i spent so much time and effort trying to be who i thought he wanted me to be and i didn't show him who i actually was. and that never does any good. thank you for the response as well angie. i try and repeat the whole "it's his loss, not mine" motto but it's pretty hard to really hardwire that into my brain. but i will try to enjoy being young and single for right now smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
strongirl
post May 25 2011, 09:00 AM
Post #482

Hardcore BUSTie

Gosh, I love you guys! What a bunch of amazing, wonderful, and extremely sweet women! smile.gif

Thanks so much for all the support and insights in response to my "aging" post. I feel so supported and appreciated, it's gonna be impossible to feel sorry for myself today even though I have a heinous day queued up at work!

Angie, I love you too! ((())) And: "This is one part of my life I really do hope I never stop learning". You definitely can keep learning all your life when it comes to sex, bodies, relationships - it's an endless joy as far as I am concerned. It takes intention and effort but the rewards make it so worthwhile. I have no doubt you'll have a great lifelong ride in this area. wink.gif

Kera: "But whatever you do though, don't you DARE put your twins in retirement!!" ROFL! OK, I won't!

Karategrrl, I loved your analysis on clothes. That is VERY much my process - I don't worry about whether I'm "too old" really - I want a great fit, comfort and freedom of movement, and a bit of "attitude" in what I wear. I'll shop the Goodwill, the boys department at Kohl's, Hot Topic, Nordstrom's - I don't care. You're exactly right, it's all about what you feel good wearing. Great bikini story, by the way. smile.gif

DeeRayy, try this on. What if your dreams have to do with the issue of competition between women, with the idea that life is one big beauty contest or popularity contest, and your fears of inadequacy and losing? You say you "couldn't measure up" to her, then in the second dream you don't "measure up" to your own bra's. This to me seems like you're trying to make yourself consciously aware of your own fears of inadequacy in order to examine them with detachment and begin to overcome them. (I love dreams, they can be so helpful.) Here is something you may find useful in trying to challenge your beliefs/fears - I came across it yesterday in the Wiki on "swimsuits". (I just inherited a 1920's swimsuit from my grandma, so I was researching.) But I was struck by this passage by one of the judges in one of the first Miss America contests in 1922:

"They were all unclear as to how to judge the contest. One judge suggested that they judge each part or feature of the body out of ten, then the woman with the total highest score would win. After they had tried the system, they discovered that although one woman might have beautiful individual parts for features, she might not be beautiful over all. So they "...gave up trying to figure out a system and resolved to trust our eyes. It led to squabbles, because all of us didn't see things in the same way, but it was the best we could do."

In other words, a bunch of men couldn't agree on which woman was most beautiful - "it led to squabbles". Think about it.

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post May 25 2011, 07:52 AM
Post #483

Hardcore BUSTie

Strongirl, as for “aging gracefully,” I struggle with that a bit too. Junior clothes fit me better than “women’s” clothes, so sometimes as I’m shopping the Juniors department I have to pull back a bit. wink.gif

As far as the “rules” about who shouldn’t wear what at what age, I think there are no rules whatsoever except for how something looks on you, and how it makes you feel when you wear it. If you FEEL funny in a too-short skirt (don’t’ feel it flatters you, you feel too inappropriate for where you’re wearing it, etc.) then don’t wear it. But don’t’ so it just b/c of someone else’s judgment that you passed your expiration date. wink.gif

I’m totally inspired by Tina Turner, rocking it onstage in black leather minis well into her ‘60s, and this 62-year-old woman I saw who was featured in a bathing suit editorial of a fairly recent Oprah or More magazine (you know, what suit looks best on real people body type xyz, yada yada). Well, this woman was obviously no spring chicken but was in impressive shape. I say, rock it if you got it!
Personally, in recent years I find that skirts of a certain short length just aren’t flattering on me anymore, so I tend to avoid them unless I pair them with opaque tights in the winter, that sort of thing. I think older women can still dress fun, playful, sexy and yes, a little skimpy if they have the bod and they pull it off with a touch of taste and class. (Do you know of More magazine? They have great fashion pages with women over 40 and 50 rocking short skirts, long hair, etc.) I think we’ve all seen the women with the saggy boobs down to their crotch, fake spray-on tans, makeup plastered onto weathered skin, wearing 4-inch heels and teen jeans decorated with glitter in the supermarket. No, we don’t want to be that. But we can still be awesome until the day we drop into the grave, I say.

Amusing story: Years ago (I was probably 32-ish) I was scoping out cute bikinis in the dept. store. Two women walked by, both looking pretty fit. One suggested to the other a bikini near the one I was looking at. Her friend’s response? “I am 26 years old! I have no business wearing that!" Wha????? I guess 26 was “old” to her. So Strongirl, I guess it’s all relative.

Kera, yippee for mirror therapy!

“the pink-eyed cyclops!”

Bwahahaha!

“A similarly less endowed friend of mine at school called hers "breasticles"

OMG, so do I!! Or "chesticles!"

DeeRayy, we work a lot of stuff out in our dreams—even if it’s just our brains playing out scenarios we don’t while we’re conscious. And there’s no time limit on when you “should” be all over it. Be patient and gentle with yourself. <<hugs>> You might keep a dream diary, too, if you don't, as reading back over them a few weeks from now may give you some insight. I had wacked dreams after my last big breakup
and in retrospect it was all illustrating my frustrations from the relationship.

+Quote Post
angie_21
post May 25 2011, 12:11 AM
Post #484

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(strongirl @ May 24 2011, 07:12 AM) *
Not that I've given it up yet, girls, I just think this is the beginning of my process of embracing a new role. As far as today goes, I think I'll wear a miniskirt and a low-cut top. wink.gif

strongirl, I love you! I totally look up to you here as well, as a role model for continuing to go through my life without compromise. But I also look up to the young "kids" here too. There's a lot of cool people here and a lot of interesting ideas. Back when I started posting here, I was just starting to become comfortable with my own body and I still remembered very strongly how much it hurt sometimes to be so affected by my body, and I thought it would be worth it if I could help even one girl out there feel better about herself. But you guys have helped me too, by making me no longer feel alone in having those insecurities. I'm not mad at myself anymore, and I don't judge myself as shallow for caring about it, I understand why it affected me so much, and at the same time, understanding all these things makes me better able to not care anymore.

DeeRay, it sounds like you've pretty well figured out a lot of your own questions in your post. That's rough stuff. What I can say is that getting over something doesn't mean it stops being a part of your past, or that you will forget it ever happened. Your brain is trying to learn from the past, and you are worried about making sure the past doesn't repeat itself, and that's a all good, but remember, you didn't lose that guy to another girl, he lost you. And don't blame it on yourself - just because a relationship didn't work out doesn't mean the people were in it were bad, it just means they weren't right for eachother. Not every guy out there is going to be like your ex. You are young, you have so much time, and this is your chance to get out there and have fun - don't let fear stop you from taking the opportunity of being young and single and in control of your own life!! Please, I know, I wasted my youthful years in a series of one-sided and unfulfilling serious relationships, and totally regret it.

KeraBear, I have to say a lot of what I've learned over my relatively brief years is how to figure out what I want. I spent a lot of my early 20s trying to please the boys I was dating, and didn't even know how much I was missing out on for myself (and what they were missing out on as well, because of it!). Becoming more comfortable with myself, and my body, means that I am a lot less inhibited, and it adds a bit more oomph and means a lot less awkwardness. And being willing to ask for what I want (or demand it wink.gif ) always gets a good response! This is one part of my life I really do hope I never stop learning smile.gif

+Quote Post
DeeRayy
post May 24 2011, 07:00 PM
Post #485

Hardcore BUSTie

hey guys!

sorry for shifting the mood with the not so light hearted post coming up, i know kera had me rolling with laughter at her last one [breasticles! ahaha]. but this has been bugging me lately.

i keep forgetting to bring this up but i was wondering if you guys wanna do a little dream interpretation with me. i had a really weird dream about my boobs recently, but i'm more interested in the connection it has with the dream that preceded it....

i had this the night after my last session with my therapist [who has gotten better btw, she's still not the best but she's working with me]. anyway, i first had a dream that i ran into my ex boyfriend and the girl that he left me for. it was at some sort of social gathering, i don't remember exactly what it was for. but anyway, as soon as i saw them walk in i panicked but tried to act aloof. but when she walked in i immediately saw that everyone was just like, in awe of her for some reason and everyone crowded around her to get a chance to talk to her, and she was charming the pants off everyone. and i remember feeling so completely insignificant and like i just couldn't measure up to her. the dream ended with me leaving in tears. what's weird about that dream is that i had only met the other girl a handful of times and she was never very talkative around me so i didn't know her too well. and i really don't remember what she even looked like very well either. i just have a very vague memory of her. but in my dream she was the epitome of perfection. and i seem to have recurring dreams(although i would call them nightmares) about running into him and her together, mainly when i'm stressed out.

and then i transitioned into another dream where i woke up to get ready for school and for some reason none of my bras fit. they were just too big all of a sudden! i was so confused and kept checking the labels and trying different ones but none of them were small enough, and i became very frustrated.

that's it for the second dream, but what do you guys think? i feel like this shows that i just feel inadequate all around. and my boobs are a pretty easy target to project all my feelings of inadequacy onto. and of course, it shows that i'm still hurting from being left for someone else by my first serious boyfriend, but that one's pretty obvious and i knew that before i even had the dream.

what do you guys have to say about that whole issue as well? i don't miss my ex and i'm pretty content with being single right now, but my self esteem is still pretty bruised from the whole ordeal. a lot of the time i feel like i'm just going to end up losing out to another girl again if i get into another relationship. and i know i shouldn't do that to myself, but these are hard feelings to deal with. and it's pretty frustrating because a lot of the time i say to myself "god, it's been almost a year! shouldn't i be recovered by now??".

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post May 24 2011, 06:15 PM
Post #486

Hardcore BUSTie

Strongirl - Well, i think that you are already well on your way to "aging gracefully" so don't worry about that! I am way less afraid of aging because you have shown that a gal CAN be fun and sexy at 50. wink.gif But whatever you do though, don't you DARE put your twins in retirement!! smile.gif

"Lately I've been looking in the mirror and saying, wow, my boobs look good! Or squeezing them and thinking, wow, they feel great!" but what's funny is, I truly don't think they're much different in size than they've been for like the last 25 years. It's my brain that changed, not my boobs."

Karatee girl, this post inspired me to do some mirror therapy of my own tonight after I stepped out of the shower, because... well, most of the time I just ignore them. I even gave them a little squeeze, too, ha ha You know what? They really aren't THAT bad i guess.

"(And I don't know why, but I don't feel really comfortable with the word "breasts" unless it's a clinical/medical usage. Dunno why--too serious?? I'm OK talking about my "boobs, booblets, boobies, titties, etc." but not "breasts." Pondering this...hmmm...)"

Hey... yea! The cones!.... the pink-eyed cyclops!... jugs!... knockers! Hmm... okay, those last two might not apply to us so much (PINT, maybe?) If you wanna get real scientific though i guess the term would be "mammary glands" ("oooh... look at the glands on her!" Just don't sound good) . My word of choice has always been "boobs" though, so i am with you on that. That and "booblets" ha ha A similarly less endowed friend of mine at school called hers "breasticles" smile.gif

+Quote Post
strongirl
post May 24 2011, 08:12 AM
Post #487

Hardcore BUSTie

"I just had a thought. The reason why your 12-year-old cuz never teases you is because she is afraid that YOU will tease HER."

Kera, that is a BRILLIANT insight. It's so helpful to try to see things from other people's perspectives.

"Yeah, I feel a little old but it's actually a nice feeling,"

Reading your post, Karategrrl, I realized that I'm working something else out in here, which is my own transition from youth to maturity. As I look forward to my 50th birthday this year, I'm wrestling with how to "age gracefully". I read things saying women over 40 shouldn't ever wear bikinis, over 50 no more shorts or low-cut tops, over 35 no miniskirts. Half my wardrobe is skimpy fun stuff! So I'm looking at things I'm supposed to give up or that will be taken from me - and I realize that part of what this place gives me is a way to embrace the transition, to encourage and empower younger women to be themselves and enjoy their beauty and sexuality, to joyfully pass the torch.

Not that I've given it up yet, girls, I just think this is the beginning of my process of embracing a new role. As far as today goes, I think I'll wear a miniskirt and a low-cut top. wink.gif

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post May 24 2011, 06:42 AM
Post #488

Hardcore BUSTie

“You don't really learn something till you teach it. Posting here has helped me as much as it's helped anyone else.”
“ But I READ in here because you all are just an incredibly intelligent, insightful, articulate group of people and I look forward to reading what you're going to say next! I've been blown away so many times by the amazing insights and perspectives here. I come here for my "smart" fix.

Me too, me too!! It’s about more than just boobies! And totally right on about the teaching bit!

I must say I've been really flattered to be in a position here where I'm like a freaking "elder." Yeah, I feel a little old but it's actually a nice feeling, to share insights learned from shit I had to endure, and know someone else might actually benefit. and no, I don't have it all together all the time, but I have to admit I feel LOADS better than when I first found this place. Most of all, it's just knowing I'm SO not alone in all the things I often feel about the breast/body image/feminist issues. Lately I've been looking in the mirror and saying, wow, my boobs look good! Or squeezing them and thinking, wow, they feel great!" but what's funny is, I truly don't think they're much different in size than they've been for like the last 25 years. It's my brain that changed, not my boobs. (And I don't know why, but I don't feel really comfortable with the word "breasts" unless it's a clinical/medical usage. Dunno why--too serious?? I'm OK talking about my "boobs, booblets, boobies, titties, etc." but not "breasts." Pondering this...hmmm...)

>Inspector KeraBear has sollllved the mystery! Elementary my dear DeeRayy, Elementary!!!
>Teach me, Angi-Wan Kenobi!

Bwahahahaha! OMG, you so totally cracked me up this morning!

>a good number probably hate that I am so very petite (including me sometimes) and the best way they can think of to bring me down is to attack my breasts - or lackthereof.”So true! Honey, if it wasn’t your breasts, they’d find something else they supposedly “have” that you “don’t”

+Quote Post
DeeRayy
post May 23 2011, 09:58 PM
Post #489

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(KeraBear @ May 23 2011, 06:50 PM) *
Oh geeeeez Angie, Karategrrl, and Strongirl! Way to ruin my image of yall will ya?!? On one hand I'm like, "ohhh nooo!! My heroines are flawed! Will I EVER reach a place where I am cool with my body???" But on the other, it is good to know that you are ... *GASP!* human! smile.gif

haha, that's what i was thinking too kera. but realistically i don't think any woman is 100% ok with her body all the time. i have yet to meet any girl without at least one thing that bothers her about her body. heck, i have yet to meet a GUY who doesn't wish something about his body was different. if there's anything i've learned so far as a psych major that i've been able to apply to my own life, it's that your mindset makes a waaaaay bigger difference in your level of happiness than your actual situation.

i actually felt pretty grateful after watching this episode of oprah with my mom last week. it's pretty lengthy and the audio is off, but it's very moving. i felt like such a baby after watching it for getting so upset over something like breast size when some people have it sooooo much worse and still manage to cope with it.

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post May 23 2011, 08:50 PM
Post #490

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(angie_21 @ May 23 2011, 07:56 PM) *
Hahaha that's a dangerous request! What do you want to know? wink.gif

Weellllllll.... let's just say that I was thinking .... umm... naughty things when you said that. I'm not as innocent as most people think! wink.gif

Oh geeeeez Angie, Karategrrl, and Strongirl! Way to ruin my image of yall will ya?!? On one hand I'm like, "ohhh nooo!! My heroines are flawed! Will I EVER reach a place where I am cool with my body???" But on the other, it is good to know that you are ... *GASP!* human! smile.gif

Angie - thanks for going back to high school for me. Me thinks you are spot on with your thoughts about the mean girls... a good number probably hate that I am so very petite (including me sometimes) and the best way they can think of to bring me down is to attack my breasts - or lackthereof. It makes alot of sense. Everybody has their own insecurities for sure... it is sad. For sure.

+Quote Post
DeeRayy
post May 23 2011, 07:57 PM
Post #491

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(KeraBear @ May 23 2011, 03:36 PM) *
Teach me, Angi-Wan Kenobi!

lmao at the star wars reference. i was tempted to ask angie this myself but i have a feeling she knows waaay more than can be explained in one post!

+Quote Post
angie_21
post May 23 2011, 06:56 PM
Post #492

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(KeraBear @ May 23 2011, 04:36 PM) *

Hahaha that's a dangerous request! What do you want to know? wink.gif

+Quote Post
angie_21
post May 23 2011, 06:55 PM
Post #493

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(strongirl @ May 23 2011, 10:39 AM) *
>The best thing about this place is "older" ladies like you, Strongirl, and Karategrrl who still frequent the thread even though you (seemingly) have it all together.

Thanks for the reminder, Karategrrl, I meant to respond to that, too. I don't have it all together, believe me! (though I suspect that Karategrrl and Angie actually do!)

Bwahaha! Of all the good jokes on the board today, this one made me laugh the most! smile.gif No definitely not, most days my life is inside out and upside down in many different directions at once... but I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm not a fan of routine and security. I think that's part of why my body issues don't really have a chance to surface, I'm usually to busy to think about it. I've actually spent the last 3 month in counselling, for unrelated personal and relationship issues. There's the part of me that I express here, the part that is confident, intelligent, sexy, and really genuinely happy with myself and my decisions in life... but there are a lot of things about myself and my life that don't match up, and I am slowly learning how to bring it all together. Learning and changing and growing up never stops smile.gif

I do have to admit to spending at least 10 minutes in front of a full length mirror, every day, trying on clothes, checking myself out, making sure I stand up straight, etc. I have since I was 18 or so. Maybe that's helped? I've never thought about it. I just like being familiar and comfortable with my body.

It is so interesting to hear you guys talk about what you are going through right now. I don't often think much about high school anymore, and I forget how tough it was. I hated it at the time. I used to be teased for being skinny, but you know so much of it is other kids trying to overcompensate for their own insecurities (how many of them wish they were thin like you, and are already dieting and excercising to look more like you?) Don't let their personal issues ruin your day. I know it's easy for me to say this now, and words really do hurt (a lot sometimes) but what they have to say really does mean nothing to you. Especially when it's mean - kids only say mean things to make themselves feel better, they don't care what you look like and whether the things they say are true, they only care that it makes them feel better or prettier than you for a few seconds. It's actually really sad that they are going through the early years of their life relating to other people like that.

Good god I sound like my mother. I know I never believed a word she said either, but hopefully I somehow made it sound better, because now that I'm not stuck in the middle of it, I realize how true it is. ha.

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post May 23 2011, 05:36 PM
Post #494

Hardcore BUSTie

You don't really learn something till you teach it.

often, the "no other options" times of life are those when we are forced to grow the most. Yes, the growing pains can fucking SUCK out loud, but it's growth nonetheless, whcih I think is the short version of why we're here on Earth living our lives in the first place.

Speaking of amazing insights and perspectives! This is good stuff...

QUOTE(DeeRayy @ May 22 2011, 07:21 PM) *
that's another thing i've been meaning to mention to you kera! i can relate to how you feel now because both my twelve and fourteen year old cousin are now c-cups. it definitely sucks because i see the twelve year old all the time. i almost feel embarrassed to be in the same room with her. but she never teases me about, thank god!

I just had a thought. The reason why your 12-year-old cuz never teases you is because she is afraid that YOU will tease HER. I mean, think about it - she's 12 for crissakes. If anything, she is probably envious of you and longs to be in the small boobie club that most of her friends are probably in.

Inspector KeraBear has sollllved the mystery! Elementary my dear DeeRayy, Elementary!!!

QUOTE(angie_21 @ May 20 2011, 09:47 AM) *
I can do so many things those kids don't even know about yet wink.gif

+Quote Post
strongirl
post May 23 2011, 11:39 AM
Post #495

Hardcore BUSTie

>The best thing about this place is "older" ladies like you, Strongirl, and Karategrrl who still frequent the thread even though you (seemingly) have it all together.

Thanks for the reminder, Karategrrl, I meant to respond to that, too. I don't have it all together, believe me! (though I suspect that Karategrrl and Angie actually do!) Mental health, just like physical health, is a dynamic thing - it ebbs and flows and changes over time. But also like physical health, there are specific things that promote it, and if you keep doing them, your mental health benefits. Over time, I've learned a few good tricks to keep my mental health in tune. And I'm happy to share them in here for a couple of reasons: 1) You don't really learn something till you teach it. Posting here has helped me as much as it's helped anyone else. When I share something that's helped me, it makes it easier for me to remember that good advice myself, next time I'm in need of it. 2) I was lucky to have some incredible female role models when I was young who helped me feel beautiful and confident and in passing that on, I am both paying it forward and paying it back at the same time.

So that's why I POST in here. But I READ in here because you all are just an incredibly intelligent, insightful, articulate group of people and I look forward to reading what you're going to say next! I've been blown away so many times by the amazing insights and perspectives here. I come here for my "smart" fix. Plus you make me laugh. smile.gif

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post May 23 2011, 09:40 AM
Post #496

Hardcore BUSTie

You ladies are totally cracking me up today.

>So my only choices now are surgery, continued self-criticism, or accepting myself - the last one is the best option for me!

I second that emotion.
You know, I was just thinking this, this morning--that often, the "no other options" times of life are those when we are forced to grow the most. Yes, the growing pains can fucking SUCK out loud, but it's growth nonetheless, whcih I think is the short version of why we're here on Earth living our lives in the first place.

>i honestly think my older frame of mind can actually be a disadvantage sometimes.
>another thing that has helped me is that i'm starting to see my booblets as a reflection of my personality- they're cute and demure

I second those, too!

<karategrrl blushes> Dang, I fooled you all laugh.gif !

>You see what happens when the teens get free reign over the board for most of the day??? Ha ha

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif You can do it anytime!! We will not ground you, nor take away iPod priveleges.

Random thought: I love how we've coined the term "outboobed" on this board.

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post May 22 2011, 09:14 PM
Post #497

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh and Strongirl - way to restore the honor of Hello Kitty! LMAO laugh.gif

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post May 22 2011, 08:16 PM
Post #498

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(DeeRayy @ May 22 2011, 07:21 PM) *
kera, well you've definitely got the humor part nailed! ahaha, that jogging line killed me! i actually wasn't teased all the time but the teasing i did endure hurt a lot because it came from people who (at the time) were so close to me. my alleged "best friend" during sophomore and junior year in high school used to always point out how small they were. i can remember one particular occasion where one of our friends as complaining about how she wished her boobs were bigger and my "bestie" said right in front of everyone "at least you're not like *DeeRayy*! look at hers!". it was soooo embarrassing. and my closest cousin also made jokes about how our younger cousin was passing me up already at the age of eleven. and of course everyone here knows the story about my first boyfriend, which probably hurt most of all. and it confused me so much because these people were supposed to care about me! i already talked to my cousin about it and he apologized and didn't realize how much of a sensitive issue it is for me. and the other two are cut from my life for good.

that's another thing i've been meaning to mention to you kera! i can relate to how you feel now because both my twelve and fourteen year old cousin are now c-cups. it definitely sucks because i see the twelve year old all the time. i almost feel embarrassed to be in the same room with her. but she never teases me about, thank god!

Awww DeeRayy, I am sorry you had to go through that. You must be glad to be out of high school now huh? I am looking forward to at least a *little* more maturity when I start college in the fall. I also got similar comments (look on the bright side. You could be like Kera! Haw haw!), but never from my bestie! Wow.... also why is it that most of the time it is from other GIRLS? (Something else we've discussed at length here before). But the meanest thing anyone has ever said to me came from a boy. This is a rerun for most gals here (and i agree, Karategrrl, he was an asshat) but i am going to tell it anyways, since we are sharing stories. One day I caught this boy so obviously looking down my shirt. I called him out. " What are you doing?" He replied, "Looking for signs of puberty." And this was in front of everyone.

Glad you feel me on being outboobed by younger members of the family. Feels like a cosmic joke, doesn't it, getting surpassed by junior highers? I am glad your cuz is cool about it though.

Oops! Sorry ladies, we are not doing a good job of keeping the positive vibe by sharing all these horror stories, huh? You see what happens when the teens get free reign over the board for most of the day??? Ha ha tongue.gif

+Quote Post
DeeRayy
post May 22 2011, 06:21 PM
Post #499

Hardcore BUSTie

kera, well you've definitely got the humor part nailed! ahaha, that jogging line killed me! i actually wasn't teased all the time but the teasing i did endure hurt a lot because it came from people who (at the time) were so close to me. my alleged "best friend" during sophomore and junior year in high school used to always point out how small they were. i can remember one particular occasion where one of our friends as complaining about how she wished her boobs were bigger and my "bestie" said right in front of everyone "at least you're not like *DeeRayy*! look at hers!". it was soooo embarrassing. and my closest cousin also made jokes about how our younger cousin was passing me up already at the age of eleven. and of course everyone here knows the story about my first boyfriend, which probably hurt most of all. and it confused me so much because these people were supposed to care about me! i already talked to my cousin about it and he apologized and didn't realize how much of a sensitive issue it is for me. and the other two are cut from my life for good.

+Quote Post
strongirl
post May 22 2011, 06:19 PM
Post #500

Hardcore BUSTie

I LOVE Hello Kitty! Don't be dissing that adorable icon in here! I would be flattered if anyone compared me to Hello Kitty and I don't think being cute like Hello Kitty means that you cannot also be quite sexy. If you search online for Hello Kitty jammies you will find - in addition to the kiddie versions - some very sexy adult female pajama sets that I've been trying to justify spending $40-$60 on. Hello Kitty can be HOT! biggrin.gif

Yes, I recommended the mirror work and the books I've mentioned are by Susie Orbach, whose work is primarily about body issues around fat but applies to any body issues. It's powerful stuff. I've been having to do some more lately because my thyroid problems have caused me to put a few pounds. In my mind, I sometimes see myself as a fat pig right now. Then I do the mirror work and I'm surprised that I really am still my athletic, trim self, with less than 5 extra pounds on. Never underestimate the power of being in touch with reality.

DeeRayy - your boobs ARE "normal", honey! Perfectly normal.

+Quote Post

211 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 27 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 22, 2014 - 10:15 AM