Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

294 Pages V  « < 114 115 116 117 118 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BustSecret: Ordinary Confessions from Extraordinary Busties
stargazer
post Jan 18 2009, 04:32 PM
Post #2301

brown delicious

confession: i'm trying hard to not cry at this inauguration event on HBO. PMS and the inauguration of the country's first black president is too much for me this week. just think, i have a whole week to blubber.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hellcat
post Jan 17 2009, 07:08 PM
Post #2302

BUSTie

confession: I peed a bit on my pants last night then had to act surprised when later someone said "it smells like piss". What? Really? Weird?!

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Jan 17 2009, 05:08 PM
Post #2303

Hardcore BUSTie

I love LA Ink the work that those artists do is so fantastic!

Cocl,
i have offered to take my dad to get a tattoo. He has a book of naval flash to pick from. My mom says she'll divorce him if he gets one. I think it would be so fantastic. I told him I would pay for it. I don't think it will happen.

+Quote Post
freckleface7
post Jan 17 2009, 04:29 PM
Post #2304

beachcomber

QUOTE(crazyoldcatlady @ Jan 16 2009, 09:20 PM) *
i had a nosering. i'm so sad i "had" to get rid of it.
why? do they get easily infected? and what about allerigies & the like?

but, it's funny you and your mom want to go have a body art bonding.

are you kidding me?
it took me months to get the guts up to tell her that I'd gotten one.. and that was with me living in another state when I told her! and even then, she referred to me as ' the great tattood lady' ala Circus FREAK for close to a year after. my mother is nothing if not sublte in her disapproval. dry.gif

her offer for us to Go Together is nothing more than a ploy for me to be foolish enough to go back there again, where she thinks my sister & I will hug & sing kumbya & maybe braid each others hair before exchanging mani/pedi's.
it's almost worth going through all that to call her bluff. the shop I went to is straight out of a Hell's Angel's hangout picture.

confession: sometimes I am a bad, Bad daughter.

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Jan 16 2009, 09:20 PM
Post #2305

the moistiest

......COCL, I think that these days, society in general is probably on the side of you getting a tattoo. People without any tattoos are pretty much the minority these days.....

ah yes, but then to be a real rebel, i should not get one then wink.gif

there are people who can rock them anywhere on their bodies & look great no matter, but then there are some people who just look skanky when they show. put a lot of time & thought into before you do it bc it's on your body Forever.

THE predominant reason why i don't want one. I'm fickle. but then again, i have an idea i've been thinking about for a while...
- how fun would it be to have a giant gathering of busties & go to a place like la ink & get them all done together?

now THAT would be fun. esp. since the tattoo i'm thinking of would be feminist
I told her I had been wanting to get my nose pierced w/ a tiny sparkly stud & she said - and I quote: " oh honey, then Come Home & we'll go somewhere together & get both things done." I'm not sure if I'm freaked out or just stunned.

i had a nosering. i'm so sad i "had" to get rid of it.
but, it's funny you and your mom want to go have a body art bonding. i've been toying with the idea of taking my dad on his 60th. i know he wants one (he has none), but i think my mom would shit herself.

+Quote Post
freckleface7
post Jan 16 2009, 09:14 PM
Post #2306

beachcomber

QUOTE(zoya @ Jan 16 2009, 08:31 PM) *
......COCL, I think that these days, society in general is probably on the side of you getting a tattoo. People without any tattoos are pretty much the minority these days.....

(also, don't get liquored up first, it hurts more and you'll bleed like a stuck pig)

I totally agree. back when I was in the professional world, I got a small tat on my lower left hip; no one can see it enless I choose for them to. I like mostly just knowing it's there, and looking at it in the mirror every now & then. there are people who can rock them anywhere on their bodies & look great no matter, but then there are some people who just look skanky when they show. put a lot of time & thought into before you do it bc it's on your body Forever.
that said, it's been almost 10 years now sinse I got my 1st and I still cannot decide what to get next; I think when I come out the other side of the crap I'm in eventually I'll be more certain.

oh, and a reputable studio should refuse to ink you when you have obviously been drinking bc of the bleeding.

- how fun would it be to have a giant gathering of busties & go to a place like la ink & get them all done together? (tho not nec the same thing)

ps: my mother is wanting to have her eyebrows tatoo'd on (which I personally think is kinda creepy but her eysight is starting to go as she gets Older) & I told her I had been wanting to get my nose pierced w/ a tiny sparkly stud & she said - and I quote: " oh honey, then Come Home & we'll go somewhere together & get both things done." I'm not sure if I'm freaked out or just stunned.

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine

+Quote Post
zoya
post Jan 16 2009, 08:31 PM
Post #2307

uh huh.

(also, don't get liquored up first, it hurts more and you'll bleed like a stuck pig)

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Jan 16 2009, 08:18 PM
Post #2308

the moistiest

(((star))) it always a mark of good movie to make you think/feel that intensely. but it sucks too, it's like waking up from a shitty dream and then feeling spent all day.

confession: after watching la ink ad nauseum, i kind of want a tattoo. and i'd want someone like hannah to do it, some badass older chick. i'll get it done when i'm 40, when i don't have societal/professional constraints and/or won't care about societal/professional constraints.

ah fuck it, i'll just get liquored up some time and do it. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jan 16 2009, 03:26 PM
Post #2309

brown delicious

confession: i thought it would be a good idea to watch dead man walking when i saw it was on cable. i was crying like a baby at the end. my head is spinning with the meaning of forgiveness, spirituality, and other issues. then, i got mail from a good friend in MA and i started crying. yeah, i think i'm in an emotionally vulnerable place today. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
neurotic.nelly
post Jan 16 2009, 11:45 AM
Post #2310

Hardcore BUSTie

As of late, I only get a fire under my ass to post in bust after I've had a few. I lurk all the time... never wanna post until I've had a few. Meh.

--------------------
Earth: A Satanically ran planet where 98% of it's inhabitants are unquestioning, conformist idiots who are totally controlled and manipulated by the Satanic governments of the world and have been made complacent by said governments, through rigorous brainwashing.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Jan 15 2009, 04:29 PM
Post #2311

(o)(o)

I'm in a bad fuck mood and I don't feel the slightest bit bad about it.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Jan 15 2009, 01:06 PM
Post #2312

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

I, personally, will ensure that the book industry (at least in the UK) will remain afloat. No, seriously.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jan 15 2009, 12:24 PM
Post #2313

brown delicious

QUOTE(lilacwine13 @ Jan 14 2009, 06:27 PM) *
I have the same issue, stargazer, only it's with Firefox remembering all my passwords. I need to write them all

my bad. it is firefox, not mac. sorry steve jobs! wink.gif

oh gosh, i agree with the talk about books going the way of vinyl records. i've cut my spending in so many areas of my life. but, i still love the feel of a book in my hands. i feel the same way about magazines too. i try to think about how the change will help the environment, BUT, i still books and magazines. i still buy cds because i like the art work. itunes cover art images is not the same as seeing it in person. *sigh*

--------------------

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Jan 15 2009, 12:02 PM
Post #2314

Hardcore BUSTie

ketto, yes , yes it was.

I am a firm believer in calling em like a see em. A whore , is a whore, is a whore is a whore. Whether it be for money, sex, attention , fame or making to Hollywood on American Idol whoring yourself out is whoring yourself out .

That goes for the sexual chocolate contestant as well. He's a whore too.

Ya know who's not a whore, the blind guy.

+Quote Post
lilacwine13
post Jan 15 2009, 11:34 AM
Post #2315

Ambassador from the Republic of Cocktailland

I think books are going to end up like vinyl records--something that can't die because there are too many people who love them, and there are aesthetic advantages to both that you won't find on a Kindle or a mp3, IMHO.

Magazines and newspaper, however, I can see going under. Right now I'm having problems finding mags that hold my interest for more than two minutes and, aside from the local news, I get most of it from online sources.

Freckle, I agree with the book and ink smell. So nice.

What I should be doing in regards to books is checking out fiction from the library and then buying the nonfiction books, since I know those will come in handy in the future and I have trouble finding titles I want at most libraries. However, bunnyb is right--there is something about just owning a book that I can't get from the library, especially if they look as lovely as the ones from those presses she mentioned.

--------------------
All I know is that I don't know nothing.--Op Ivy

+Quote Post
Christine Nectar...
post Jan 15 2009, 11:17 AM
Post #2316

Hardcore BUSTie

confession pt 1) i’m totally spacing out at work today. the reason for this:

confession pt 2) A came home late (around 1:30) last night, slightly tipsy, and particularly amorous. hence, no sleep until 5:30am. i acted kind of upset at him for waking me up and not letting me sleep for so long, but i’m secretly pleased at all the attention i got without doing anything!

yeah, i really shouldn’t be typing this at the office…

+Quote Post
JoanClayton
post Jan 15 2009, 11:02 AM
Post #2317

BUSTie

I am lost! I don't know how to get on the path to my dreams. The harder I think, the more it escapes me. Everytime I get something I want, I mess it up. I am never satisfied. Nothing I do is good enough for my own standards. I try to live now, with what I have now but don't find contentment.

I am over worked, under relaxed. I need a vacation. I have no discipline, no guidance, no support system. I am very driven, a self starter and self motivated.

Who wants to volunteer to mentor me?

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Jan 15 2009, 10:23 AM
Post #2318

the moistiest

not really a confession, but i worry about the longevity of physical books.

magazines, newspapers going under? i could give two shits. but books? i need the static words, and the freckle-endorsed aromatherapy.

fuck the amazon kindle.

+Quote Post
freckleface7
post Jan 15 2009, 09:44 AM
Post #2319

beachcomber

confession: I have still not returned the stack of library books I posted about having months ago.
the mr found them out in the garage recently & is saying things like "have you returned them yet? I'm not paying for a bunch of expensive books like the Last Time." well it wasn't a "bunch" before, it was just one book.
and as I am utterly embarrassed & paranoid about returning them at all at this point, odds are not looking too good.

confession: I think the smell of book ink & paper ought to be bottled and sold as an aphrodesiac or aroma-therapy.

confession: I am sticking to light fluff reading while I am sick so while I have some headier brain books still waiting, I'm about to start another Danielle Steel today. I get way too involved emotionally w/ things I read & seek distraction rather than angst.

confession: I am totally rockin' the '70's today in gray argyle sweater w/ white & tan diamonds, blue jeans that remind me of Body Lingo's, brown clogs (but Birk's rather than w/ the wooden heel) and funkadelic argyle socks that are tan w/ darker brown, lite & dark green & burnt orange.
even my hair is very 'Dear Alex & Annie" in a smooth rounded bob today.

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Jan 15 2009, 09:06 AM
Post #2320

(o)(o)

I'm going to step up to the book buying. I have TONS of unread books, and I keep buying and rereading the same ones.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post

294 Pages V  « < 114 115 116 117 118 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 21, 2014 - 03:47 PM