Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 82 83 84 85 86 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
sciongal
post Apr 21 2008, 06:22 PM
Post #1661

BUSTie

wow, Lori, you are soooooo crazy. Think about it...if so many people are disgruntled about the way you come across on this forum, does'nt that give you any kind of a red flag, or maybe you just don't give a shit about how anyone else feels. Maybe that makes you feel better about yourself... And if that's the case maybe you should exit the board, or even start your own forum...that way there is NO DOUBT that it is LORI's forum and whomever wishes to be your captive audience may do so. That way the rest of us can really learn and support each other in this condition without pretending to be helpful while actually being condescending and arrogant.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lori
post Apr 21 2008, 06:21 PM
Post #1662

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Apr 21 2008, 05:31 PM) *
Here we go ladies! Lori is here to start shit once again. your period must be on because you have been acting like a bitch for quite sometime now. Like I said before, ACT LIKE A GROWN ADULT.

Yeah, but ... am I wrong?

You had a thyroid test, and you didn't even know that's a hormone test!

I knew you were a liar, and I knew you were dumb. But I didn't know you were THAT dumb.

Please stop hurting yourself, and other people with your ignorance.

--------------------

+Quote Post
neverending
post Apr 21 2008, 06:19 PM
Post #1663

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(mg86 @ Apr 22 2008, 12:11 AM) *
Hey girls

WOW I haven't been here in a few days, and geez it has really gotten crazy. If it's going to stay like this, I probably won't come here anymore. I used to be able to log on, read through a few fairly brief posts about members' progress/ideas and now I have to scroll through huge posts of arguing and bickering about the cause of BV, the cure of BV, what works for someone, how someone worded this, etc. etc. It is very annoying. Just for my 2 cents, I have also noticed that none of this was happening before Lori came back on the board. I mean sometimes I am thinking what do you want a medal or something??? For all the research you have done? We are all suffering and not all of us have the same education background or information, not all of us have the time to research til the sun comes up. I feel as though many of her (your) posts have been condescending and clearly I am not the only one who feels this way - so obviously something is up. For awhile now I have thought I would stay out of it and not cause more conflict, but it sure is difficult. I just feel so annoyed reading through what's on here from the last several days.
sooo sad - I saw your post on the next page - I'm doing ok, thanks! I see you seem to be doing better and that is great. Keep us/me updated. I am not sure how I am doing to be honest. The discharge seems to be changing from what it was 1 week ago (makes me think perhaps it is the normal fluctuation of discharge throughout my monthly cycle). Also, something I have noticed is, that if I smell on my underwear it smells "normal" (like how I remember it smelling before any of this happened)...but when I smell it direct it smells different (I have never smelled it direct before this though). Does anyone else know what I mean?

Anyway I am taking femd and acidop. each day, I have been meaning to get one of those ph kits but they are so expensive.

Hun, the board is like this every time Lori comes here. If you read back this board was a real support group until she came along trying to bully folks and that's why a lot of the old people left the board.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Apr 21 2008, 06:14 PM
Post #1664

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ Apr 21 2008, 10:53 PM) *
But isn't that a hormone test?

Doesn't a thyroid produce hormones?
Obviously, you don't.

--

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thyroid
Knowledge is a good thing.

Here we go ladies! Lori is here to start shit once again. your period must be on because you have been acting like a bitch for quite sometime now. Like I said before, ACT LIKE A GROWN ADULT.

+Quote Post
lori
post Apr 21 2008, 05:58 PM
Post #1665

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(mg86 @ Apr 21 2008, 04:11 PM) *
Just for my 2 cents, I have also noticed that none of this was happening before Lori came back on the board.

You don't know what you're talking about.

The reason I ever spoke up in the first place on this board is that regular posters in here were being very rude to newbies. (Read the thread before 5/2007.) Some of them would ask the same questions over again about topics that have been discussed, so the regulars would get sick of answering them, and would snap at them and say stuff like "Read the whole thread before you ask questions!" or even "Your suggestion sucks! You don't know anything!"

I thought that was a real turn-off, so I wrote up a blog to help people review the thread quickly, and not ask the same questions. But that didn't help at first, so I spoke up. And then a bunch of fighting and cussing followed. But at least that shit doesn't happen anymore.

Anyway, maybe you should find out the truth before sticking your nose into other people's fights.

QUOTE(mg86 @ Apr 21 2008, 04:11 PM) *
I mean sometimes I am thinking what do you want a medal or something??? For all the research you have done?

I don't know. Do you want a medal for whining about my condescending tone?

I don't do any of this for credit. But obviously, I have helped other people feel better. So that's cool. What I don't appreciate is accusations about how condescending and negative I am, when I have really done a lot to get rid of the negative shit in this thread.

No, I don't want a fucking medal. I would just prefer not to be unfairly accused.

Think about it, mg86. What are you trying to accomplish by calling me out like this? You're just picking a fight with me. So you're contributing to the "negative" tone of this thread that you find so annoying. That is hypocritical.

Or maybe you just want me to leave? Because that is not a problem for me.

--

Last time I left without a big flounce, but I do want to say some final words:

- atrophic vaginitis. It's different thing from BV. Knowing this will save some people a lot of time. An open mind is not a bad thing.
- acidifying the vagina. Just doesn't work, based on anecdotal evidence. Rephresh, aci-jel, vitamin C, vinegar ... none of them have been magic bullets. Nothing wrong with trying it, but temper your expectations, and be skeptical about inflated claims.
- fem-dophilus. It's helped quite a lot of people. I think it's the closest thing to a magic bullet so far. Resist the urge to stick it in your va-jay-jay's.
- the v book. Not a magic bullet, either, but worthwhile.

(Oh, why do I fucking bother.)

Eh, whatever. But still - Focus on probiotics and always use stuff as directed!

Bye-bye! cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mg86
post Apr 21 2008, 04:54 PM
Post #1666

BUSTie

Hey girls

WOW I haven't been here in a few days, and geez it has really gotten crazy. If it's going to stay like this, I probably won't come here anymore. I used to be able to log on, read through a few fairly brief posts about members' progress/ideas and now I have to scroll through huge posts of arguing and bickering about the cause of BV, the cure of BV, what works for someone, how someone worded this, etc. etc. It is very annoying. Just for my 2 cents, I have also noticed that none of this was happening before Lori came back on the board. I mean sometimes I am thinking what do you want a medal or something??? For all the research you have done? We are all suffering and not all of us have the same education background or information, not all of us have the time to research til the sun comes up. I feel as though many of her (your) posts have been condescending and clearly I am not the only one who feels this way - so obviously something is up. For awhile now I have thought I would stay out of it and not cause more conflict, but it sure is difficult. I just feel so annoyed reading through what's on here from the last several days.

sooo sad - I saw your post on the next page - I'm doing ok, thanks! I see you seem to be doing better and that is great. Keep us/me updated. I am not sure how I am doing to be honest. The discharge seems to be changing from what it was 1 week ago (makes me think perhaps it is the normal fluctuation of discharge throughout my monthly cycle). Also, something I have noticed is, that if I smell on my underwear it smells "normal" (like how I remember it smelling before any of this happened)...but when I smell it direct it smells different (I have never smelled it direct before this though). Does anyone else know what I mean?

Anyway I am taking femd and acidop. each day, I have been meaning to get one of those ph kits but they are so expensive.

+Quote Post
lori
post Apr 21 2008, 03:36 PM
Post #1667

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Apr 21 2008, 01:26 PM) *
No, I didn't do any hormone tests. I asked one doctor for a hormone test and he said he doubts it was my hormones and did a thyroid test instead. Smart move right?

But isn't that a hormone test?

Doesn't a thyroid produce hormones?

QUOTE(neverending @ Apr 21 2008, 01:26 PM) *
I'll tell ya, I told every doctor that I had, that this was hormonal and like I said before they all brushed me off like I didn't know my body or that I didn't know what I was talking about.

Obviously, you don't.

--

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thyroid

The thyroid is one of the largest endocrine glands in the body. This gland is found in the neck inferior to (below) the thyroid cartilage (a.k.a. the Adam's apple in men) and at approximately the same level as the cricoid cartilage. The thyroid controls how quickly the body burns energy, makes proteins, and how sensitive the body should be to other hormones.

Knowledge is a good thing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Apr 21 2008, 02:51 PM
Post #1668

Hardcore BUSTie

hahahaha carriebradshaw.....i know i know. very juicy!!!!!

+Quote Post
CarrieBradshaw
post Apr 21 2008, 02:50 PM
Post #1669

BUSTie

QUOTE(quietmadness @ Apr 20 2008, 04:53 PM) *
I ordered the Femdophilus and got it the other day. The ice pack inside was completely melted and warm, but I threw it in the fridge immediately.

Been taking it now for four days. We'll see.... mellow.gif

Also---still a faithful user of the tto and boric acid. They work nicely for what they are. I'll keep y'all posted on the Fem-doph thing. I'm just so PISSED that I paid for the 2nd day shipping thing and STILL it was hot!!

Dammit!

--Quiet--

Can I ask you where you got your FemD from? Just want to make sure I don't get mine from the same place.....

I've ordered twice from iHerb, and it's been cold when I got it....

+Quote Post
CarrieBradshaw
post Apr 21 2008, 02:48 PM
Post #1670

BUSTie

QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Apr 20 2008, 10:30 PM) *
Dayum ladies, it got a lil ugly in here for a minute **slippin on my referee shirt and whistle** TIME OUT!! laugh.gif

Update: been taking the femflora (cheaper/comparable alternative to fem-D) religiously like 3 or 4 capsules per day. I have only done the boric acid once in the last 2 weeks. And lo and behold it seems to be working since i've doubled up on the femflora. I'm excited!!!! Im glad I bought two bottles cuz i've almost run through one in like 3 wks. LOL Oh well, if it works, i'll continue buying two at a time. I'm sick of this BV/Yeast merry-go-round I've been on the last 3 yrs. Hopefully this will work.

That IS exciting!!!! I'm lovin my FemD, but it did just jump up to 17 dollars on iHerb.....keep us updated on how you're doing with it!!

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Apr 21 2008, 02:46 PM
Post #1671

Hardcore BUSTie

hello ladies!

half way through my flagyl + femd and the discharge was like 95% gone, then my period started 2 days ago. hopefully everything will be okay though. i will be finished with the flagyl on fri. i don't want to get my hopes up too high but i'm feeling really good....

sooo sad

+Quote Post
lori
post Apr 21 2008, 02:16 PM
Post #1672

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(damselindistress @ Apr 21 2008, 12:57 PM) *
Did you have any hormone testing done? Is there such a thing?

Yes, there is such a thing. Go see an endocrinologist.

QUOTE(damselindistress @ Apr 21 2008, 12:57 PM) *
Now that you mention it - I often wake up with night sweats and I do have the occasional hot flash, never really thought about it.

Oh, crikey.

--------------------

+Quote Post
neverending
post Apr 21 2008, 02:09 PM
Post #1673

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(damselindistress @ Apr 21 2008, 08:57 PM) *
Thanks for the suggestion, one more thing to research, beta-mannan. I'm addicted to research, I swear, can't stop. I'd like to think I'm being pro-active, looking for a solution, certainly not obsessive/crazy. Did you have any hormone testing done? Is there such a thing? Now that you mention it - I often wake up with night sweats and I do have the occasional hot flash, never really thought about it. My doctor might throw me out if I ask for one more test.

No, I didn't do any hormone tests. I asked one doctor for a hormone test and he said he doubts it was my hormones and did a thyroid test instead. Smart move right? I'll tell ya, I told every doctor that I had, that this was hormonal and like I said before they all brushed me off like I didn't know my body or that I didn't know what I was talking about. Oh, and night sweats were the worst. I woke up some nights and my pillow was soaked in sweat and YES i told the doctors about all of this.

+Quote Post
damselindistress
post Apr 21 2008, 01:40 PM
Post #1674

BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Apr 21 2008, 03:15 PM) *
No your not invisible. LOL........I was 19 when this problem started. I stopped taking my Lo/Ovral Birthcontrol and BAM, the problems started. I told doctor's this did not start for me until after I had stopped the birth control and they kept brushing me off like I didn't know what I was talking about. They kept testing me for STD'S and they came out neg. from 19-24. Then I started doing my own research and finally last year I figured out what the problem was and fixed it with estoril/estrogen. Lo/ovral is a estrogen lowering birth control, so I guess it threw me into menopause. I had dry eyes, hot flashes, very bad acne, weight gain you wouldn't believe,etc.
P.s. Oh, I'm 25 now!

As far as your HPV, Have you heard of beta-mannan? (sp?) I heard this product was supposed to be good. I hope everything works out for you. Next time we ignore you (lol) write in caps. smile.gif

Thanks for the suggestion, one more thing to research, beta-mannan. I'm addicted to research, I swear, can't stop. I'd like to think I'm being pro-active, looking for a solution, certainly not obsessive/crazy. Did you have any hormone testing done? Is there such a thing? Now that you mention it - I often wake up with night sweats and I do have the occasional hot flash, never really thought about it. My doctor might throw me out if I ask for one more test.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Apr 21 2008, 12:58 PM
Post #1675

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(damselindistress @ Apr 21 2008, 05:10 PM) *
Hallelujah....so you guys CAN see me! I've posted three times without a single reply, thought I was invisible, giving up. You're young, Neverending, aren't you? I thought estrogen only needed to be replenished with menopause. What the heck do I know? I'm 34 and my girl parts are just the opposite of dry, too wet. I'm so confused. I used the Clindesse, it, whatever IT is (see previous posts if you care to), came back, tried to wait it out to go away on its own. Tried Flagyl vaginally for the first time. Last day of dosage, started spotting. Is this from the Flagyl or the freakin' Seasonique I recently started taking? I started taking the Seasonique to avoid the period so often - in case that was causing the BV. Wouldn't you know it, side effect break-through bleeding made me spot for 21 days. I'm on my second month of Femdophilus, trying to prevent the spotting from turning into BV. I've got HPV lurking in my body, don't know if that's doing it.....just don't know....just like everyone else. Thanks for listening and thanks for acknowledging me!
- damselindistress
P.S. I'm about to start taking something called DIM, a natural supplement. In doing my HPV research, I found this is supposed to keep the virus/cancer in check, regulate your estrogen, and maybe even help guys/girls lose a little weight to boot. There are clinical trials going on seeing how helpful it is in keeping cancer (prostate, cervical, breast) at bay, could be the miracle I've been looking for!

No your not invisible. LOL........I was 19 when this problem started. I stopped taking my Lo/Ovral Birthcontrol and BAM, the problems started. I told doctor's this did not start for me until after I had stopped the birth control and they kept brushing me off like I didn't know what I was talking about. They kept testing me for STD'S and they came out neg. from 19-24. Then I started doing my own research and finally last year I figured out what the problem was and fixed it with estoril/estrogen. Lo/ovral is a estrogen lowering birth control, so I guess it threw me into menopause. I had dry eyes, hot flashes, very bad acne, weight gain you wouldn't believe,etc.
P.s. Oh, I'm 25 now!

As far as your HPV, Have you heard of beta-mannan? (sp?) I heard this product was supposed to be good. I hope everything works out for you. Next time we ignore you (lol) write in caps. smile.gif

+Quote Post
lori
post Apr 21 2008, 12:11 PM
Post #1676

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ Apr 21 2008, 04:01 AM) *
You guys are not helping anyone by fighting.

I'm not here to fight. I think that is clear.

But I think this group is a lot better off now, than when I first joined. There was plenty of fighting already. And people were shoving anything and everything up their vaginas, mail-ordering stuff from scam artists, and newbies who asked "dumb" questions were bullied. A lot of this crazy shit has stopped. There were some people with ugly attitudes along the way, but I think rational thought prevailed in the end (for the most part, anyway).

Like I said, I'm not here to fight. I think you know that, Sassy. But you know what? Fighting happens. For example, I first spoke out because newbies were being bullied, and then it was like ... 10 pages of cussing and fighting. Which is lame, but after that, no newbies are bullied. Worth it? Not really, but at least no newbies are being bullied now.

So I guess I disagree that no one is being helped by this fighting. I think it's important for people to know that hormone-related vaginitis is NOT BV. I didn't expect 5 pages of fighting, but that's what happened. But as long as some people got that information, I guess that's just the way it has to be sometimes.

You know, I'm always polite and cordial when I first question anyone. But if they're assholes about it ... well, that's not my problem.

Everyone's body is different, and therefore everyone will respond differently to different things.

While that is true, I think that kind of thinking is responsible for some of the too-risky stuff that's been tried in this group. Narrowing down the possible causes/treatments is more useful than simply throwing your hands up and saying, "Well, I guess my body's just different, so I'll just try shoving whatever up there, and see what happens!"

There is definitely a jump-on-the-bandwagon mentality in this group. I think everyone is desperate for a cure, so I can understand. But it tips over into irrational territory once in a while. Example: Someone touts vitamin B as a solution, and everyone gets excited. (I didn't say anything about that, because I don't think taking vitamins hurts, and if it turns out to work for someone, that's great.) So far, that's fine, but then you've got people planning to mail-order liquid vitamin B so they can start injecting themselves with it. Okay ... whoa. Why so crazy?

I think we need to all agree to respect the methods each individual woman is using.

Not everything someone tries is a good idea, and not every method deserves respect. Respect is earned. (And so is contempt, for that matter.) Anyone can do whatever they want with their bodies, period. But if they're going to advocate a treatment to others, I don't think it's so wrong to ask for some research.

Do you think every method is sacred and no one can ever question it? As I said before, if your method is good, it will withstand scrutiny. If it's a good method, people will recognize it.

Ultimately - why does it matter, either way? If it works for you, than it works for you. Why does anyone need other people to use it, too?

If something works for someone, then that's not enough, for some reason. Simple telling people "this works for me" isn't enough for some people. They seem to need others to use it, too. They need their method to be validated or something. So they push it hard and try to get everyone to jump on the bandwagon. Simple sharing the info. isn't enough, they make inflated claims about their product/methods. It's a little weird.

Combine that with a bunch of people desperate for a cure, and then you've got people mail-ordering crap from the internet from crackpots. And no, I don't think that's a good thing. I do not "respect that method."

All I'm saying is that people should be more cautious, that's all.

It's great that Lori has gotten rid of her BV with the Fem D, but some woman have tried it and it hasn't helped. This means it's not a cure or remedy for everyone and other treatments should be respected as well. We're all on the same side here... unsure.gif

I don't think everyone is on the same side, actually. I think some people obviously care more about being right, than about other people's health. Those people make stuff up, and even lie.

Also, I've been very careful to not say Fem-D is a cure-all. Since I have problems with anyone saying, "This is IT, people!" - and getting everyone to jump on the bandwagon, why would I do the same thing? So I've never gone around shilling Fem-D as The Answer.

But you know what? It's been over a year. And it's helped a lot of people. So I think it's finally safe to say - "This is IT, people!" Jump on the Fem-D bandwagon!

Everyone who has had the best, most long-term results in this group have taken Fem-D as part of their regimen. It's safe, and it's got the best research behind it. All signs point to Fem-D being the treatment that makes the most sense.

In the entire history of this group, people have tried 100's of things. And nothing has worked, on average, as well as Fem-D.

Is it the perfect cure? Nah, too early to say. But I think I can safely say that it's definitely on the right track.

--------------------

+Quote Post
damselindistress
post Apr 21 2008, 09:53 AM
Post #1677

BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Apr 20 2008, 06:39 PM) *
Sorry it took me sooo long to respond. I didn't see this post. I used estroil to rid myself of this crap. I still have vaginal dryness but no smell or discharge.

Hallelujah....so you guys CAN see me! I've posted three times without a single reply, thought I was invisible, giving up. You're young, Neverending, aren't you? I thought estrogen only needed to be replenished with menopause. What the heck do I know? I'm 34 and my girl parts are just the opposite of dry, too wet. I'm so confused. I used the Clindesse, it, whatever IT is (see previous posts if you care to), came back, tried to wait it out to go away on its own. Tried Flagyl vaginally for the first time. Last day of dosage, started spotting. Is this from the Flagyl or the freakin' Seasonique I recently started taking? I started taking the Seasonique to avoid the period so often - in case that was causing the BV. Wouldn't you know it, side effect break-through bleeding made me spot for 21 days. I'm on my second month of Femdophilus, trying to prevent the spotting from turning into BV. I've got HPV lurking in my body, don't know if that's doing it.....just don't know....just like everyone else. Thanks for listening and thanks for acknowledging me!
- damselindistress
P.S. I'm about to start taking something called DIM, a natural supplement. In doing my HPV research, I found this is supposed to keep the virus/cancer in check, regulate your estrogen, and maybe even help guys/girls lose a little weight to boot. There are clinical trials going on seeing how helpful it is in keeping cancer (prostate, cervical, breast) at bay, could be the miracle I've been looking for!

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Apr 21 2008, 08:37 AM
Post #1678

Hardcore BUSTie

About the Fem-doph, no I didn't throw it away, I threw it in the fridge! tongue.gif One thing I can say for the Fem-Doph supplements...they do in fact seem to slow down the damnable discharge. Which is awesome.

As far as smell...I've been keeping that at bay so well with the boric, that I haven't noticed a change as far as odor goes, yet.

--Quiet--

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Apr 21 2008, 07:11 AM
Post #1679

Hardcore BUSTie

Vaginal problems can arise because of numerous factors together. Dehydration not drinking enough water, hormones, poor diet, even lack of sex.. I was talking about other factors which can effect your vaginal hydration, and the thickness of your mucosa. If you have allergies and take an antihistamine for example, many women will have vaginal dryness. Therefore this would contribute to any other vaginal issues if you have them already. For example, I have allergies, and this time last year I was taking antihistamines. Did this contribute to my BV? I would venture to say yes, maybe it was a factor. Along with a few other things for me, like douching. Of course, I am only talking about my bv experience, and perhaps no one else here on this forum has hydration issues. I am only listing these things incase it may help someone else. Right off the Pfizer website they state antihistamine adverse reaction of dryness:

[ http://www.pfizer.com/files/products/uspi_benadryl.pdf ]

[ Diphenhydramine hydrochloride (trade name Benadryl as produced by Johnson & Johnson, or Dimedrol outside the U.S. & Canada. Nytol as a sleeping pill) is an over-the-counter (OTC) antihistamine.

Side effects:
▪ Dryness of the nose and throat, heartburn
Eye:
▪ Dryness of the eyes, redness of the eyes, yellowing of the eyes
Gastrointestinal:
▪ Constipation, nausea
Urogenital and reproductive:
▪ Urinary retention, sexual dysfunction, vaginal dryness, decreased libido

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diphenhydramine ]

+Quote Post
sassy
post Apr 21 2008, 04:44 AM
Post #1680

Hardcore BUSTie

You guys are not helping anyone by fighting. Everyone's body is different, and therefore everyone will respond differently to different things. I think we need to all agree to respect the methods each individual woman is using. It's great that Lori has gotten rid of her BV with the Fem D, but some woman have tried it and it hasn't helped. This means it's not a cure or remedy for everyone and other treatments should be respected as well. We're all on the same side here... unsure.gif

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 82 83 84 85 86 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
21 User(s) are reading this topic (21 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 29, 2014 - 03:53 PM