The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 251 252 253 254 255 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
roo
post Jul 15 2006, 01:09 PM
Post #5041

Jewels, how do you know that the really heavy deischarge isn't the BV? Is the BV different?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jul 14 2006, 07:26 PM
Post #5042

Hardcore BUSTie

Quick update. Used boric acid last night, just one capsule. I bought the 00 size. And B.V. is gone today!! Damn, I wished I would have tried this sooner.

Roo: I have no idea what yours is. I have the same thing, but always have, and was never embarrassed about it. The only embarassment I've had is when it smells like Rotten shit, or Tuna Fish. You might want to think about switching doctors or go online and search something like Really Heavy Discharge, or something like that. Good luck!

+Quote Post
roo
post Jul 14 2006, 12:47 PM
Post #5043

Hi, ladies. I've been reading this site for a while now and just decided to join in. I'm confused about my problem. I too have a continual off-white discharge that ranges from thick to something like cottage cheese. I've been going to the doctor for years now about it, but when they test it it's NOT yeast. I've tried all the flagyl, metrogel, pills, creams etc but my problem remains. BUT I don't want to jump on the borid acid or whatever else you guys are finding helpful bc I'm scared I don't have BV-- I don't have a fishy odor, even during sex with my boyfriend. Sometimes there's an odor, but it's more like a stronger vaginal smell.

This is so gross and embarrassing to talk about but I'm young (20's) and I'm embarrassed about the discharge during sex--it always comes out all over his penis when we do it. So to avoid the embarrassment I'll go in the bathroom before sex and pretend to be using the bathroom but use my finger to clear it all out and rinse off, so when we do it none comes out. But the next day it's back as usual--sometimes worse.

I'm just so frustrated. Like many of you, my doctor seems frustrated with me and just gives me the same old prescriptions over and over, but nothing helps. Any advice? Is this BV? Anyone else having the horrible discharge-during-sex experience?

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jul 13 2006, 11:12 PM
Post #5044

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey girls, the site has been down and I just got back in. Anyways, Sassy, I finally found the Boric Acid. I had to go to a Walmart, clear across town, but it was by the Peroxide, but up higher. It's called Humco Boric Acid Power. Anyways, I REALLY ready to try this!! Smell has been awfull this week, while on vacation. Talk to you all soon.

+Quote Post
pepper
post Jul 7 2006, 07:49 PM
Post #5045

ok girls, i've told my bv suffering friend about your amazing boric acid cure. please tell me how much and how your using it, i'm oging to print it out for her. i'm so impressed with the great results you're all having, it's excellent!

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Jul 7 2006, 05:56 PM
Post #5046

Hardcore BUSTie

Treehugger:

That "funk" you're describing is most likely a reaction that happens when your body's moisture and heat mix with the leftover scents/perfumes from your laundry detergent!

I had the same thing happening when I'd squat down at work to file something in a low drawer. (That was years ago!) I'd smell that funky-pee-vinegar-sour-old-nasty like smell...I even went to the og/gyn about it. She told me to change laundry detergents to the non-scented kind...voila! No more odors.

Hope this helps,
Quietmadness

+Quote Post
sha1
post Jul 7 2006, 11:34 AM
Post #5047

I too have lots of clear odorless discharge with boric acid.

I bought my boric acid at a health food store for those of you who cannot find it elsewhere.

+Quote Post
mrj
post Jul 7 2006, 10:22 AM
Post #5048

BUSTie

I had to ask for the boric acid at the pharmacy and they did not have it in but they ordered it and it was in before noon the next day. I have not had any burning or other side effects just a little clear discharge.

+Quote Post
d_double_u
post Jul 7 2006, 08:11 AM
Post #5049

How long do you think 12 oz would last if you use it regularly?

+Quote Post
suczka
post Jul 6 2006, 10:59 PM
Post #5050

d double u -

I got mine by prescription, but I looked up the brand "Humco" online and I found

www.humco.com

Look under products, then "household and farm" and then go to secure order and do it there (order "boric acid powder")

Do not be intimidated by "insecticide for roaches and for fireproofing fabrics." And powder, not granular.

Looks pretty straightforward, BUT you might have to wait for it to ship. I'm not sure where to buy it at a store over the counter. I would just ask a pharmacist at your local grocery or drug store about that.

Good luck!

+Quote Post
d_double_u
post Jul 6 2006, 08:51 PM
Post #5051

The only place I've seen it online is Ebay and even I found that kinda sketchy... But I feel u. I need to get on board too!!!

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jul 6 2006, 08:37 PM
Post #5052

Hardcore BUSTie

Jewels: Did you ask anyone who worked there, or someone in the pharmacy? Boric acid is really common to have, especially in with the household items like hydrogen peroxide and first aid. It has a variety of uses and I would find it weird if you couldn't locate it somewhere in your town.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jul 6 2006, 08:07 PM
Post #5053

Hardcore BUSTie

Damn, I WANT TO GET ON BOARD with the Boric Acid. I've been to 3 different Walmarts here and can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where we can buy it online, all ready to go!!

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jul 6 2006, 03:45 PM
Post #5054

Hardcore BUSTie

Yay, klee! My boric acid isn't 100% because I heard that was too harsh. It's still working fine for me. I think as long as your body will tolerate it, it's fine to use the 100%. I too only had to use it for about 2 or 3 nights before my symptoms were gone. I'm so glad everyone on here is having such success. :-)

+Quote Post
klee
post Jul 6 2006, 03:05 PM
Post #5055

BUSTie

Wanted to share! The boric acid is working like aces for me. Primary reason to love it, you don't get a yeast infection afterwards (actually cures YI too) and it works after a day and I haven't used it for more than three consecutive days total. I use the 100% boric acid. It's perfectly fine. Boric acid is boric acid regardless of the touted use. If you look online, there are examples of making your own capsules and they say to use 600 mg of boric acid in the capsules. You would be getting less than 600 mg if it's cut w/something.

I don't have any side effects except the liquidy discharge. I think it's a good idea to not use it too regularly since you want your body to do it's own thing. But this is supposed to re-acidify your kitty and seems to be doing a super job on mine.

+Quote Post
chantelhugo
post Jul 6 2006, 02:52 PM
Post #5056

BUSTie

awesome!! gonna try it

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jul 6 2006, 02:18 PM
Post #5057

Hardcore BUSTie

It hasn't burned at all on me. The only discomfort about using boric acid is that you get a liquidy discharge while using it but it's clear and has no odor. I think it seems really easy, cheap, and I haven't had any irritation or side effects. In my opinion, it is as effective as any antibiotic and it's better since it doesn't give me a yeast infection afterwards.

+Quote Post
d_double_u
post Jul 6 2006, 01:57 PM
Post #5058

Has anyone tried peroxide as a treatment?

+Quote Post
chantelhugo
post Jul 6 2006, 01:52 PM
Post #5059

BUSTie

it seems to be highly recommeded, how are you finding it Sassy? Does it burn or anything?

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jul 6 2006, 01:47 PM
Post #5060

Hardcore BUSTie

Although it took me about 3 walmarts to find it, I got my boric acid in the same aisle as hydrogen peroxide. It is not the roach killer.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 251 252 253 254 255 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 21, 2014 - 01:05 AM