The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

211 Pages V  « < 95 96 97 98 99 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> small breast support group - (I need it even if they don't)
buttercups
post Sep 23 2009, 08:26 AM
Post #1921

Hardcore BUSTie

Yeah it does look like a different girl, but i think its supposed to be the same one? Idk I think if I were younger and uneducated about breast cancer and looking at that ad, I would think that breast cancer didn't apply to me because I don't have those big bouncing breasts. So what is it really saying? It could have been more effective by showing a bunch of different sized and aged women in bikinis or tank tops or whatever and then putting on the same saying "you know you like them". That ad just does not seem to send the right message to people who may be unaware of breast cancer and who it affects. Also, though breast cancer is very deadly in young women the main target age and the people who get breast cancer the most are older women- again it doesn't seem to give quite the right information. That ad is kind of just giving men another excuse to oogle women and stare at big boobs- and I'm sure a lot of big breasted gals would not appreciate another opportunity for everyone to stare unashamedly at their chest. Yes we want to save the boobs, but I think its important to stress that we're looking to save everyone here like you guys have pointed out, and that ad does not portray that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Sep 23 2009, 07:59 AM
Post #1922

Hardcore BUSTie

I found the breast cancer ad on youtube:

Save the Boobs

What's interesting is, the last shot (of the wet t-shirt) almost looks like a different girl with a smaller chest. I like that one better. wink.gif

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Sep 23 2009, 07:55 AM
Post #1923

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(treehugger @ Sep 23 2009, 08:22 AM) *
I hope this isn't a derail, but I personally know a man who got breast cancer.

Not a derail at all. Yes, this happens!! and when it does, the men who get it often have to deal with embarrassment on top of fighting for their lives b/c it's a "female" issue and somehow makes them "unmanly." Just more macho bullcrap.

buttercups, breast cancer is an equal-opportunity disease. Small-breasted women can get it just like larger-busted women. Often it can crop up along the ribcage, chest wall and armpits, so sounds like your doc is doing the right thing. (I work in health care marketing/education.) I can see how those ads are offensive, though, b/c I feel that way, too--like according to those ads, I won't get anyone's sexual interest OR concern for my health b/c I'm small. Stupid morons.

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Sep 23 2009, 03:22 AM
Post #1924

cryostat bitch

QUOTE(buttercups @ Sep 22 2009, 05:07 PM) *
I don't know why but that whole breast cancer ad just made me angry. I understand that they're trying to spread awareness but once again its at the objectification of women. It sounds weird but I also feel really singled out when it comes to the whole breast health and breast cancer issue, as though it doesn't apply to me and because I'm female I want it to. I just never feel a part of the female species I guess bc I really don't possess any of the assets to qualify me as one. I know in my head I can get breast cancer, but when I look down I think "well, there's not really much there for cancer" even though I know thats not true.

I hope this isn't a derail, but I personally know a man who got breast cancer.

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Sep 23 2009, 12:20 AM
Post #1925

Hardcore BUSTie

*delurks*

Thigh-highs, crinoline, thigh-highs thigh-highs thigh-highs!

*relurks*

--------------------
“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence.”
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992

+Quote Post
buttercups
post Sep 22 2009, 05:07 PM
Post #1926

Hardcore BUSTie

I don't know why but that whole breast cancer ad just made me angry. I understand that they're trying to spread awareness but once again its at the objectification of women. It sounds weird but I also feel really singled out when it comes to the whole breast health and breast cancer issue, as though it doesn't apply to me and because I'm female I want it to. I just never feel a part of the female species I guess bc I really don't possess any of the assets to qualify me as one. I know in my head I can get breast cancer, but when I look down I think "well, there's not really much there for cancer" even though I know thats not true. My GYN does this like 2 second "breast exam" on me thats basically just feeling my ribs..I guess its another part of being a woman that I feel I'm missing out on regardless of whether its something positive or negative. In any event that ad just puts big boobs back in my face and pretty much says guys will only care about boobs (and women for that matter) if they're "voluptuous" and hot enough to make their "jaws drop". I will never get that jaw-dropping reaction. Maybe from something I say, but def not from this tiny body. Does that mean my chest is useless and men won't care if it gets cancer? Karategrrl I agree with you, I think it is sad. As much as I'm all about breast cancer awareness I hope I don't run into one of these ads myself, its the last thing I need right now.

+Quote Post
Aithinne
post Sep 22 2009, 01:16 PM
Post #1927

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(karategrrl @ Sep 22 2009, 09:03 AM) *
On this topic, I saw a cute shirt over the weekend: "Big or small, save them all!"

Lol! I want that shirt!! Faaaaabulous, dahling karategrrl!

+Quote Post
koffeewitch
post Sep 22 2009, 10:37 AM
Post #1928

Hardcore BUSTie

Guys I gotta tell ya, I've had every cup size...I started out a C cup and then got huge gajumbo DDDs when I was first breastfeeding, then my kids sucked me down to an A cup, then I returned to large B/small C averageness AND I am totally envious of smaller busted women.
Reasons...
1. Small boobies look cute and perky sans bra; bigger boobies just sag (unless they are fake).
2. So many cute tops look great on smaller busted women and trashy on large busted women.
3. When I have my milk engorgement DD's going on, I get way too much attention from the jerkiest men in the entire universe. (Like calm down dumb asses, it's just MILK)
4. Smaller busted women age much better... and look better naked. (that sagging issue, again)
5. Models and actresses are usually smaller busted...that "cleavage" you see in the movies is painted on or created with tape.
TRUST ME, small perky boobs = sexy; do you really want tits that will hang to your belly button someday??

--------------------
"The U.S. is the only nation on Earth to pass from barbarism into decadence without once passing through an era of civilization."

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Sep 22 2009, 10:03 AM
Post #1929

Hardcore BUSTie

I had to post this here. Being that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month (at least in the USA), this is timely.

breast cancer awareness ads

I don't agree that they're putting male sexism to "good use," but it's interesting how they are playing off of it. Bottom line is (and this is sad), men only care about breast cancer when the threat of it means fewer nice titties for their entertainment. Or at least that's what the ad industry thinks.

On this topic, I saw a cute shirt over the weekend: "Big or small, save them all!"

+Quote Post
crinoline
post Sep 19 2009, 08:04 PM
Post #1930

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm a little late replying here, I'm in a situation where I can't get on the compy alot.

Aithinne- I love the outfit! Open back tops were made for small busties, what a smokin' hot ensemble!!

I just got a dress (geez it's so short, almost a tunic) from forever21 that is top to bottom black fringe and looks best au natural, I got it for my brother's "speakeasy party" but it may double for halloween. I'm wavering between fishnets and thigh highs. I want to be sexy, not trashy, what do y'all think?

here's to looking "un-cute!"

--------------------
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crinolinecreations Handmade accessories for the SuperCute!

+Quote Post
Aithinne
post Sep 19 2009, 11:43 AM
Post #1931

Hardcore BUSTie

Furbabies!!! How cuuuuuuuuuute!! Lol. I think I'll go out and pet my kitties now.

Birthday party was the most fun I've had on a birthday. Although, my throat is really raw now because drinking and being around people who smoke tends to do that to me. I'm pretty positive I can call the time with Mr. Yum a success. He sort of dragged me up to the front of the bar where the musicians were for a dance. And I'm fairly confident that I felt something a little stiff against my leg during the dance. wink.gif *Happy yay-ness!* I looked very un-cute in my getup, and it accomplished what it needed to accomplish. But unfortuantely, I didn't take any pics.. I wanted to share with the group the awesome small boobie sexiness! But, *sigh*, I forgot to grab my camera. We also crashed at his friend's place and I got to snuggle/sleep for a long time with him. *comfy*

Yay, I'm happy today. Don't quite have the hook set yet, but I think I'm well on my way...

Yippee, I'm a hardcore bustie now!

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Sep 18 2009, 07:48 AM
Post #1932

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(strongirl @ Sep 18 2009, 11:24 AM) *
Aithinne - that's some excellent advice on stress relief! My pets do it for me too.

Me too. My furbabies are like little pieces of Heaven.

+Quote Post
strongirl
post Sep 18 2009, 06:24 AM
Post #1933

Hardcore BUSTie

Well said, Karategrrl. I'm a Bettie Page fan, too. The camera loved her and she loved it right back.

Aithinne - that's some excellent advice on stress relief! My pets do it for me too. The other day my bf was having a stressful day and went to lie down on the bed then called one of our dogs, saying "Get up here, I need to pet you and lower my blood pressure!" smile.gif

Have a happy birthday, Aithinne! I meant to tell you I think your lace top is WAY HOT!!! You'll look fabulous! Have a great time! That male you mentioned woud be very lucky to have you flirt with him.

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Sep 17 2009, 02:29 PM
Post #1934

Hardcore BUSTie

strongirl, I hear ya on the Bettie Page thing. Now, SHE was freaking beautiful. And SEXY. I'll always love her. But by today's inflated standards, she is now considered "small." My ex had a collection of pinup art (some was art, some was trash). He had prints of Vargas paintings modeled after Bettie page (with boobs inflated) and a couple of actual autographed photos (one topless). Her breasts were fricking beautiful just the way God made 'em, not the Vargas way.

Long live Bettie Page (at least in our hearts).

+Quote Post
Aithinne
post Sep 17 2009, 11:21 AM
Post #1935

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, I think you should sit down and think of the things that make you really happy and take stress away, keep them in the back of your mind, and then utilize them when you start feeling bad about your body. For example, do you have pets? I think pets are probably the #1 stress reliever. Whenever I feel bad, I go out and pet my doggies and kitties and it never fails to make me happy. Got a hobby? Maybe if your hobby is something that requires a lot of concentration, you could work on that. Or maybe if you have artistic talent, you could draw something... Just think of things that you could do so you don't get stuck in the negative cycle. The more you practice, the easier it is to shut off the cycle and not give the negative train momentum.

My b-day is today, but we're going out tomorrow. I think there is something to be said for going out dressed in the classy version of sexy. So many chicks go out and let it all hang out- the skirts barely cover their ass, their shirts may as well be pasties for all the cleavage they cover, and all this in one outfit... Women dressed this way for a night on the town are a dime a dozen, so maybe I'll stand out by not giving everything away to the viewing public.

I've got a certain male in mind that I'm trying to grab the attention of, so we'll see how it goes. wink.gif I think my chances are good for tomorrow night.

+Quote Post
buttercups
post Sep 17 2009, 12:47 AM
Post #1936

Hardcore BUSTie

Awww thats great Aithinne! It's def true that some tops actually do look better on us smallies (Not to diss our bigger busted sisters bc there's plenty of tops that look really hot on you, just us smallies need to know we can look good too)! That outfit is so sexy and you must look sooooo hot and gorgeous in it!! What day is your bday? You're going to have such a great time and all eyes are gonna be on you in that lace top! I can't wait to hear about all the men youll have to fend off!

Thanks for making me feel better and for the stress-relieving tips. Going for a run is something I really should do next time.

You rock! <3 buttercups

+Quote Post
Aithinne
post Sep 16 2009, 11:10 PM
Post #1937

Hardcore BUSTie

Scapegoating your breasts is not a good idea buttercups. Sounds like perhaps you need to find some healthier ways of dealing with stress? Maybe go for a run or a brisk walk or something? I know that exercise is a big stress-reliever with all the feel-good hormones released when you do it. I use a distraction method, which is effective most of the time now for me. Although, sometimes it doesn't work, like with the 'cute' incident.

One way to relieve stress (which I do not recommend doing all the time or your wallet will feel the punch), is to go shopping. Like your bf, buttercups, my b-day is this week. I went shopping today after work to find some more nice pants for work, and also an outfit I felt hot and sexy (NOT CUTE!) in for going out on Friday for the b-day celebration. I found this shirt in black (which I got a black cami to go underneath, and this pair of pants to go with it), and I got to say, I think this shirt was made for small boobie women. It really hugs the curves you got and makes the small boobie body look very streamlined. It is pretty dang sexy if you ask me, but in a classy, not trampy way. But I will have to wear a strapless bra under my cami because the fabric of the shirt lays better and flatter if I do. The cami sucked everything in so that I looked like an AA, and man, it looked smokin hot. So, I will edit my thinking that only large-busted women look best in every article of clothing ever made. Because honestly, this shirt I think really would look best on a small-breasted woman. Go figure, eh?

Buttercups, I swear I actually thought of you while I was in the dressing room looking smaller than I am and thinking it looked hot that way! I wanted to tell you about the shirt because I know you've been having a hard time with your little boobies. I'm sorry you're having a bad day and week, but I'm glad you come here to talk and get support!

Two thumbs up to you and your teeny booblets! Everyone, *collective cheer*!!!!

+Quote Post
buttercups
post Sep 16 2009, 06:15 PM
Post #1938

Hardcore BUSTie

Arg ladies I'm having such a bad week body-wise ( and everything-wise) and i cant get it together. I'm on such a low and everytime I think I'm doing ok I have some sort of breakdown. It could be because I'm feeling extra stressed with school and my mom called me a "slacker" today even though I have always gotten straight A's my entire life and have always worked really hard to do that. I think when I am stressed about other things I start to really hate my breasts- I take my whole life out on those poor tiny things. I guess we all have our ups and downs and I need to try to get back up before the week is out- its my bfs bday at the end of the week so i want to pull myself out of this bad mood. It doesn't help that I saw a movie today with many scenes of girls with gorgeous figures and of course none of them resembled mine..sorry to be such a downer promise ill be more up later.

+Quote Post
strongirl
post Sep 15 2009, 08:48 PM
Post #1939

Hardcore BUSTie

Angie, I totally agree about women paying money to make their bodies uglier. When I was younger I fantasized some about getting implants and thought that if I ever had the money, it might be something I'd do. But the first time I used the Internet to look through bunches of implant before and after pics, I was shocked at how much better I liked the befores! It really turned my head around.

+Quote Post
angie_21
post Sep 15 2009, 08:21 PM
Post #1940

Hardcore BUSTie

When my mom had reconstructive surgery, there was an option to get the fat tissue transfer instead of an imlant.. but guess what, she wasn't "fat" enough for the procedure to be done safely. You need a lot of stomach fat tissue, and it has to all be the extra jiggly kind that sits above the muscle. I think most of us on this board wouldn't be safely having this procedure anytime soon.. and by the time we gained enough weight, our boobs might be a lot bigger than they used to be anyways!

I agree with Aithinne, the more popular implants become, the less interesting large boobs become, and the more exotic & beautiful small, natural, unscarred breasts are.

I saw that documentary strongirl, it was pretty interesting. Body modification is amazing stuff, and people have been doing it for a long, long time, long before surgical techniques existed, and even when it endangered their health. It would be foolish to underestimate the importance of the body in the "body-mind" connection. It's just too bad how often the health & condition of the body gets ignored for the appearance of the body. It's also too bad to me, that girls pay money to make they bodies (in my opinion) uglier, because they don't feel pretty the way they are. It's so rare that plastic surgery actually looks good, but the cosmetic industry fools people into believing that money can buy beauty and hapiness and self-acceptance. Somehow, people become so ashamed of their own bodies that they are willing to try anything, spend any amount of money, risk any harm to their bodies to achieve the unattainable goals of beauty that they've allowed themselves to believe in. All to help a few surgeons buy yachts.

+Quote Post

211 Pages V  « < 95 96 97 98 99 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 20, 2014 - 06:21 AM