Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 192 193 194 195 196 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
jewelscando
post May 6 2007, 12:36 PM
Post #3861

Hardcore BUSTie

About 4 months ago, someone came on and suggessted using the Flagyl vaginally being that WE ALL HAVE BEEN ON IT, and the B.V. always returns. So...I was the ginny pig, and I tried it. My B.V. stayed gone for almost 2 months, until I had sex again. I only use 1 500mg tablet, for two days. Any more then that, and you get a really bad yeast infection.

After sex, if my boyfriend does his business in side me, I have to use one a couple of days after, just to make sure. The Flagyl vaginally, takes the B.V. away, I think...because it goes directly to the source. That's my thoughts, not a medical educated one...which, they don't know shit either!!

I've been B.V. free now for what 4 months or so?? With a little returning after sex, because I didn't think to use one after. Now, I do, and it stays gone. (I've had B.V. going on 5yrs.)

There's not very much discharge, if you use it at night, and lay right down. Sometime during the next day, you may have a little bit of discharge come out, BUT NOTHING LIKE THE Boric Acid that runs out of you all day long.

I'm pretty sure mine is Hormone related as well, and I will be ordering the Estroil here soon, but until then, inserting the Flagyl pills vaginally, is working!!

Hope that answers your question!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
justanothergirl
post May 6 2007, 08:26 AM
Post #3862

well i was hesitant to write on here again..but I figured a few people might benefit....I tried everything to get rid of my BV just like everyone else..nothing worked...Ive been clear now for a couple of months..and all i did was change a few habits...Im not sure which is the one that worked...but im so thankful it did..because I was constantly embarrassed and fustrated. So here is the things i changed.

My BV started when i moved (the new place only had a tub..not a shower) ...a new boyfriend...that would release inside of me...before that..I didnt let that happen....always used a condom before that as well.

here is what I changed.....I got a new place...and theres ONLY a shower here.......no tub......and I also dont let my bf release inside of me anymore....

I honestly dont know what made it go away..but those are the two things that changed at the same time it went away....I felt the same fustrations as all of you and I hope i dont jinx myself by writng this lol..but I swear....It is completely gone..im constantly thinking its gonna come back...but it hasnt.
PS: I didnt use strong perfurme or soaps in the bath....I know all the no no's ..just ..when the smell was there..I would wash sometimes 3 times a day...because it was so embarrassing.
I know that for alot of you it is hormone related..so this post obviously isnt going to mean much to you....but hopefully even one other person can find it useful...OH also i started the pill around the same time as all this happened.....but I remember the BV starting first...because ..when the smell started..I was to embarrassed to tell them why i was there..so I pretended i wanted to start the pill..and then I mentioned the smell once i was in a private office with the doctor....and Im still on the pill ..so for me i dont think the pill had anything to do with it....it was either the baths..or the bf.

+Quote Post
lori
post May 5 2007, 11:51 PM
Post #3863

Hardcore BUSTie

Welcome arj75!

QUOTE(arj75 @ May 5 2007, 07:52 PM) *
Is it possible to have a yeast infection and bv at the same time?

Yes, it is. Both infections are related to the lack of lactobacillus in your vaginal flora.

I have tried garlic, hydrogen p, yogurt, antibacterial soap ( wash with it like mf) is that bad?

Some think that washing the vagina with soap is bad - regular soap is very alkaline, and may mess up the vaginal pH balance (which you want to be as acidic as possible); and antibacterial soap is bad because it can kill the good bacteria and also make the bad bacteria more resistant. So I've been told that washing with plain water is best.

Right before I resorted to going to the doctor I did something really stupid and douched 2 nights in a row with straight hydrogen perioxide and I made it worse.

I know how it feels to feel helpless. You sound stressed out. I know it's hard to do, but give yourself a hug and try to relax, know that it's a common condition.

I know it's discouraging, but I don't think there is a way to cure it yourself. You need to go to the doctor, especially if you're bleeding. I know you don't have health care right now, so I highly recommend that you go to Planned Parenthood. And don't douche before an exam.

Some solutions:

- The problem with antibiotics is that they kill off the bad-bacteria-overgrowth, but do nothing to help the good bacteria repopulate. My best solution has been Fem-Dophilus which is one of the only OTC products that address replenishing the lactobacillus in the vaginal flora. It has been a godsend for me. The biggest problem with it is that it's quite expensive and not available widely. (Another lactobacillus product is Gy-Natren, which I had a terrible time with and do not recommend.)

- I have also tried using the hydrogen peroxide wash, when I thought I had some mild weirdness last month. And it was helpful. But it clearly didn't help you. I also want to add that I just went to my doctor yesterday, and she told me that I shouldn't do that regularly, because commercial-grade peroxide breaks down tissue over time. (So even though you can use it as a mouthwash, you shouldn't do that every day, either.) So at best this is also a temporary solution.

- The other popular treatment in here is - boric acid capsules, which seems to work for some ladies but has not been a long-term solution (and some have gotten a skin rash from it). A product called Yeast Arrest contains boric acid, that some ladies have found helpful.

- Yet another treatment is to use the flagyl antibiotic tablets but to insert them vaginally. I hope no one minds me asking again - but **why is anyone doing this? I'm really curious. Is the flagyl not working when taken orally? Or is the metrogel not working for you? Does it dissolve completely inside? Thanks in advance.

So anyway, this is such a huge and common problem, and even doctors are clueless a lot of the time. We've each got our horror stories. But I think repleneshing the lactobacillus is the best, safest solution we've got.

So here's my suggestion:

- go to Planned Parenthood (do not douche or put anything in your vagina [yogurt, garlic, etc.] before the exam)
- tell them you've taken metronidazole before and the infection recurred twice - they may give you clindamycin instead; they may also give you diflucan for the yeast
- get some Fem-Dophilus and take it twice a day especially while you're taking the antibiotics
- perhaps give yourself a break from sex while taking the medication and give your body a chance to heal

Good luck!

-- Here's an excerpt from Prevention magazine re: Fem-Dophilus:

That may be why two Lactobacillus strains (L. reuteri and L. rhamnosus) seem to help control vaginal infections. Last year, two reports showed that a supplement combining those strains, sold as Fem-dophilus, helped get rid of bacterial vaginosis. Women taking medicine plus the supplement were twice as likely to be cured as women who took only the drug.

Another product: Primadophilus® Reuteri also contains these two Lactobacillus strains (L. reuteri and L. rhamnosus), and is a bit cheaper than Fem-Dophilus. I haven't tried it, though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 5 2007, 08:35 PM
Post #3864

Hardcore BUSTie

I was recently diagnosed with bv. But I have been suffering from it for about 2 years now. I don't have health insurance and I'm a single mom, so going to the doctor week after week, I simply can't afford. I tried to treat it on my own for several months. It comes back whenever I have sex and after my period. Right before I resorted to going to the doctor I did something really stupid and douched 2 nights in a row with straight hydrogen perioxide and I made it worse. I started having a brown discharge and bleeding after sex. I have went through 2 rounds of 96 $ x 2 of Metronidazole and it made it go away until I had sex again. While I was using the gel, I had big huge nasty ass clumps of white shit speckled with blood. Is it possible to have a yeast infection and bv at the same time? I have tried garlic, hydrogen p, yogurt, antibacterial soap ( wash with it like mf) is that bad? I tried the zinc and vitimin c combo ( but stopped when I freaked myself out about overdosing with the zinc. My boyfriend thinks I'm cheating on him because up until about 5 months ago, the fishy smell was very mild, now it is so strong, it makes me want to vomit. It's driving me crazy, I think I would rather have had been diagnosed with herpes than this shit, ( I don't have nor have I ever had an std). Has anyone been so desperate to try the products sold online..you know with the Yeah, yeah, you'll get your money back if it doesn't work... This bv is driving me insane, which may be the reason I'm having anxiety attacks on a daily basis, and now I'm on prozac. (which isn't helping either. Has anyone been cured from simply not drinking coffee anymore and by quiting smoking? Does anyone have the time to list the top ten home remendies and the amount I should use it and the number of days. I don't want to kill myself trying to treat it.

+Quote Post
ilovehim
post May 5 2007, 04:43 PM
Post #3865

BUSTie

hey gals,

My smell is coming back and alot stronger (i had anal sex today and i think he slipped inside of me and belive you me I know all about the E.coli!) I need to go out tonight & need to "MASK" the smell. I don't wanna smell like 3 week old tuna! lol Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks.

--------------------
[font="Garamond"][/font][size="2"][/size]&hearts; Yours Truly...

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post May 5 2007, 02:42 PM
Post #3866

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 4 2007, 04:12 PM) *
Well, ladies. Just got back from the doctor. He said he saw a very scant discharge which is indicative of bv but that my irritation is indicative of yeast. I won't know for sure until I get the test results at 4:30, 1 1/2 hours from now....sad.gif I'll be back to share the bad news....
Ok....2 hours no results yet....I KNOW something is wrong with me! I just would like to know what it is! Now! NOW! I've waited long enough, DAMNIT! Grrrrr....

Alright. It is now 6:50. I guess this means that I will not know my results until MOTHER FUCKING MONDAY! GOD DAMNIT! GOD DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNN IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doctors are really bad with things like that. did you try calling them? if i were you that's what i would have done. if you didn't call them today call them first thing on monday so you get them before they get busy. i once called a doctor on saturday and he didn't get back to me till tuesday. and then another time i went to the doctor on a tuesday because i was really sick but by the end of the week i started feeling better. but saturday i got a phone call from the doctor saying that i had strep throat. who the hell calls 5 days after you get tested for strep to tell you that you have it. what's the point?! I HATE DOCTORS. so i know how you feel. i hope you feel better and i definitely would call them monday morning. hang in there.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post May 5 2007, 02:40 PM
Post #3867

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(ilovehim @ May 4 2007, 11:54 PM) *
I decided to stop putting anything inside my pussy for a while. I think i'll give it a rest and see if by any chance it could do it's job and clear itself out like it should. Though i'm sure I have BV right now, the smell during and after sex is a good indication of it. :\ I read somewhere that YOGURT will help for a yeast infection but does nothing for a bacterial infection. Go figure!

Hydrogen Peroxide sounds tempting but i'm hesitant because i'm afraid it will cause more problems than it solves. sad.gif My cat is EXTRA sensitive. Any of you got good results?

i can tell you that i tried the hydrogen peroxide myself and it didn't cause any problems besides a little dryness. it definitely helped with the discharge and smell imediately after and lasted for about a day or two but i would have to keep doing it to keep it away. and doing that over and over again started to make me dry on the outside so i stopped. also after doing it for a while it stopped working and i still had a lot of discharge. so hydrogen peroxide does work for some people it's just that you have to keep doing it and it might make you dry.

i did the flagyl vaginally about 6 weeks ago and since then i've been using rephresh and azo yeast. some people say the rephresh doesn't work very well but it's been doing ok for me so far. every once in a while i get a hint of the bv smell but the discharge and smell are definitely nowhere near as bad as they were. i might switch to trying yeast arrest or something else but for now i'm sticking with this. i don't want to try the yeast arrest just yet because summer is around the corner and i don't want to have to worry about having stuff dripping out ot me while i'm at the beach. you just have to keep trying different things until you find what's right for you. good luck.

+Quote Post
ilovehim
post May 4 2007, 09:37 PM
Post #3868

BUSTie

I decided to stop putting anything inside my pussy for a while. I think i'll give it a rest and see if by any chance it could do it's job and clear itself out like it should. Though i'm sure I have BV right now, the smell during and after sex is a good indication of it. :\ I read somewhere that YOGURT will help for a yeast infection but does nothing for a bacterial infection. Go figure!

Hydrogen Peroxide sounds tempting but i'm hesitant because i'm afraid it will cause more problems than it solves. sad.gif My cat is EXTRA sensitive. Any of you got good results?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 4 2007, 01:55 PM
Post #3869

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, ladies. Just got back from the doctor. He said he saw a very scant discharge which is indicative of bv but that my irritation is indicative of yeast. I won't know for sure until I get the test results at 4:30, 1 1/2 hours from now....sad.gif I'll be back to share the bad news....

Ok....2 hours no results yet....I KNOW something is wrong with me! I just would like to know what it is! Now! NOW! I've waited long enough, DAMNIT! Grrrrr....

Alright. It is now 6:50. I guess this means that I will not know my results until MOTHER FUCKING MONDAY! GOD DAMNIT! GOD DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNN IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post May 4 2007, 05:49 AM
Post #3870

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lipton82 @ May 3 2007, 10:04 PM) *
My bf and I have been together since Feb. 2005 but we been having sex since July 2004. I have had no new sex partners since him. We stopped using condoms after being together for a while but now we are using them again since I got BV. The funny thing is, is that I did not get a yeast infection or BV for the first time until last year 2006 at 24 years old. I never had a bad odor or itchy discharge until I started having sex w/ my current bf on a regular basis. While in college I was single and rarely had sex b/c I was too busy for a serious relationship or regular sex. You know how they say married people have sex more than single people....well its true.

Anyways, I was like what the fuck??? Why am I know just having problems with my vagina? The only thing I can associate it with is having sex w/ my bf and him cumming inside me (am on the pill). I told him to stop doing that and now since I was treated with BV we both decided to start using condoms. More of his decision than mine. I like skin to skin.
I don't know whats worse having a irritated, itchy, inflamed vagina oozing with thick, white clumpy discharge (yeast infection) or having thin liquid like discharge come out that smells like fish BV)? Oh and the smell gets stronger when having sex. I mean the smell caused by BV has been so bad sometimes that I tell my bf to stop having sex b/c the smell turns me off and I don't feel sexy anymore. He has admitted the smell bothers him too. But he has been very understanding and helpful. Examining my vagina, doing a whiff test and coming to my last gyno appt. to check if I had a recurring BV.

I got treated for BV back in March. I took these large horse pills twice a day for 7 days. They were horrible b/c it gave me cotton mouth and left a bad test in my mouth. However, it seemed to work. No more odor and no more discharge. But a week later my bf discovered that it may have come back b/c of a fishy smell. Sure enough I go to the gyno and she tells me that not only do I have BV again but I also have another yeast infection (like my 4th on since 2006. Fucking great I thought. She said while I was treating the BV that the yeast infection took advantage of the situation. This time she gave me this cream to insert inside my vagina and no sex for 3 days (damn). She also gave me a one time pill to take for the yeast infection that I have taken before. Anyways it has been about 2 weeks since my last treatment and so far so good. No odor, no itchy and no discharge (at least not a lot of it that is abnormal).

Anyways my bf and I want to make sure it does not come back so we are trying some
Home Remedies that we researched to prevent BV from reoccurring. Try the following:

-Hydrogen peroxide vaginal was diluted with distilled water (soak solution in a tampon and wear over night or squirt inside like a douche)
-Eating yogurt or put it into your vagina w/ a tampon (i rather eat yogurt)
-Drinking unsweetened cranberry juice or taking cranberry extract pills helps too
-Epsom salt bath

Am doing the yogurt and cranberry pills right now. After my period I will try the hydrogen peroxide vaginal wash. I recommend the home remedies b/c medication such as the pill or cream for BV only seem to take away the problem temporarily but does not prevent it from coming back.

I just wanted to say that your story is very similar to mine. My issue with BV didnt start till I got on the pill and started having sex. After suffering for almost 2 years the only thing that helped was the HP wash in combination with the estroil suppositories. The estroil took about 2 months to work but I have had no smell at all since late Feb. I really think you should give it a shot. Estroil has also worked for neverending, another lady on this board.

Here is the link if you are interested:

http://www.helenpensanti.com/products.asp?dept=116

If you do decide to give it a try purchase the 2 mg. I also used it for 2 months straight at noght before bedtime. Also since it takes a while to fully work I used the HP (for the HP I just used a funnel and layed down on a towel) on days I knew I would be having sex.
I also got off BC pills for good. smile.gif

+Quote Post
lipton82
post May 3 2007, 07:47 PM
Post #3871

My bf and I have been together since Feb. 2005 but we been having sex since July 2004. I have had no new sex partners since him. We stopped using condoms after being together for a while but now we are using them again since I got BV. The funny thing is, is that I did not get a yeast infection or BV for the first time until last year 2006 at 24 years old. I never had a bad odor or itchy discharge until I started having sex w/ my current bf on a regular basis. While in college I was single and rarely had sex b/c I was too busy for a serious relationship or regular sex. You know how they say married people have sex more than single people....well its true.

Anyways, I was like what the fuck??? Why am I know just having problems with my vagina? The only thing I can associate it with is having sex w/ my bf and him cumming inside me (am on the pill). I told him to stop doing that and now since I was treated with BV we both decided to start using condoms. More of his decision than mine. I like skin to skin.
I don't know whats worse having a irritated, itchy, inflamed vagina oozing with thick, white clumpy discharge (yeast infection) or having thin liquid like discharge come out that smells like fish BV)? Oh and the smell gets stronger when having sex. I mean the smell caused by BV has been so bad sometimes that I tell my bf to stop having sex b/c the smell turns me off and I don't feel sexy anymore. He has admitted the smell bothers him too. But he has been very understanding and helpful. Examining my vagina, doing a whiff test and coming to my last gyno appt. to check if I had a recurring BV.

I got treated for BV back in March. I took these large horse pills twice a day for 7 days. They were horrible b/c it gave me cotton mouth and left a bad test in my mouth. However, it seemed to work. No more odor and no more discharge. But a week later my bf discovered that it may have come back b/c of a fishy smell. Sure enough I go to the gyno and she tells me that not only do I have BV again but I also have another yeast infection (like my 4th on since 2006. Fucking great I thought. She said while I was treating the BV that the yeast infection took advantage of the situation. This time she gave me this cream to insert inside my vagina and no sex for 3 days (damn). She also gave me a one time pill to take for the yeast infection that I have taken before. Anyways it has been about 2 weeks since my last treatment and so far so good. No odor, no itchy and no discharge (at least not a lot of it that is abnormal).

Anyways my bf and I want to make sure it does not come back so we are trying some
Home Remedies that we researched to prevent BV from reoccurring. Try the following:

-Hydrogen peroxide vaginal was diluted with distilled water (soak solution in a tampon and wear over night or squirt inside like a douche)
-Eating yogurt or put it into your vagina w/ a tampon (i rather eat yogurt)
-Drinking unsweetened cranberry juice or taking cranberry extract pills helps too
-Epsom salt bath

Am doing the yogurt and cranberry pills right now. After my period I will try the hydrogen peroxide vaginal wash. I recommend the home remedies b/c medication such as the pill or cream for BV only seem to take away the problem temporarily but does not prevent it from coming back.

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 3 2007, 05:32 PM
Post #3872

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(ilovehim @ May 3 2007, 06:11 PM) *
Hey girls

Well thanks for the nice WELCOME, and thanks for understanding! It's nice to have women like you that completely understand this Horrific problem. mad.gif

Well I think we all have something in common. During sex most of you use no condom and rely on the pull out method, as well as myself.

Well, the thing about my bf is that he has next to NO pre-ejaculate at all. Maybe a drop comes out at the most. I can't imagine that much could screw up my pH.

About your pad question. When I was doing some research a couple of weeks ago I googled tampons and bv. I found some conflicting info. Most sites said not to use tampons but I did find this article that stated this:

"Tampon users had a somewhat lower prevalence of bacterial vaginosis (28%) than nonusers (37%). Stratification according to ethnicity showed that this association primarily involved African American women, with 32% of tampon users being diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis, compared with 62% of nonusers. Separation of tampons and pads by type (i.e., deodorized and nondeodorized) had no effect on prevalence of bacterial vaginosis."

Here's the article. http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlere...i?artid=1446852

It seems, strangely, that African American's somehow have a lower prevalence of BV if they use tampons for some reason. But that over all tampons are better. Doesn't make sense.... Can anyone make sense of that? How having something in there that causes the blood to just stew in one spot could be a better choice than pads which let things flow freely?

+Quote Post
ilovehim
post May 3 2007, 04:54 PM
Post #3873

BUSTie

Hey girls

Well thanks for the nice WELCOME, and thanks for understanding! It's nice to have women like you that completely understand this Horrific problem. mad.gif

Well I think we all have something in common. During sex most of you use no condom and rely on the pull out method, as well as myself. I think that is a HUGE part of the problem. Since his little "spermies" can fuck up our very delicate pH levels. Doesn't that just stink? LOL *pun intended* laugh.gif I hate sex with condoms and so does he...so what's there to do?

I also have lots of problems with him because he's just a jerk! I think this plague messes everything up from vaginal health to mental. It makes us emotionally unstable and depresses. Well atleast it does to me. & i'm bitchier than ever as well lol

But girls, we all know the problem goes way beyond sex, because many experience trouble even when they have no sex...so what could it be?HMMM... dry.gif

Also a 2 quick questions: How many of you wear PANTYLINERS? To soak up the discharge? I found that they wouldn't ventilate my V and wouldn't allow it to breathe, so in turn i got MORE problems (yeast). I started to use TOILET paper and it kinda works for a while but i have to keep changing it constantly throughout the day.

My period smells AWFUL! I use maxi pads and they suck! Do any of you use tampons? Can they cause more problems?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 3 2007, 02:57 PM
Post #3874

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(miserywithcompany @ May 3 2007, 02:06 AM) *
I want to see the kind of feminine hygeine commercial that addresses this (even though we know its not hygeine related) ..............imagine................a beautiful scenic view with a mother and daughter in a boat and light cheerful music playing in the background...

Mother: honey I used to have that smell too but now everything is well, better than ever! Thanks to BV Blaster!

narrator: "does your co-worker, mother, daughter sister, wife, girlfriend or woman who sits next to you in church reek of rotten fish? Help is on the way! Give her that eternally "fresh" feeling! BV blaster to the rescue!!! Call our toll free number
1-800-4NO-REEK. Give her a gift, I repeat 1-800-4NO-REEK. Order within the next ten minutes and you'll get 2 yes 2 BV Blasters for the price of one! Take care of all the women in your life! Only 19-95! Apply directly to the smell! Apply directly to the smell!

:::fade out:::

First of all, I just wanted to say that I laughed even harder at this. I couldn't breathe. Second of all, you said that when you have sex you and your bf use the withdrawal method. Yet you still get bv every time you have sex? Because that's the method my bf and I use (used when were actually having sex). I figured it would still be ok to do if I ever got this stuff cleared up. I thought it was just ejaculation that caused bv due to sex.

Third, I missed my doctors appointment today because I don't think my alarm went off. It either went off and I, in a zombie state, got up, turned it off and went back to sleep or it just didn't go off at all. So I'm going in tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. Its just so weird. I look up there and everything is clear but I still burn....He'll find something. I know he will. I'm still hoping its just yeast from the Clindesse I took a loooooooong time ago on April 10th.

+Quote Post
deprime
post May 3 2007, 02:26 PM
Post #3875

BUSTie

hello, and welcome to all new board members!

i just wanted to give everyone a quick update: i've been in flagyl maintenance mode, meaning that i've been inserting a pill two or three nights per week. while the fishy smell is gone, i still smell like pee now and then. the encouraging thing is that i went to see a certified nurse midwife (CNM), who was more helpful than any gynecologist that i'd ever seen. she was sympathetic and actually HELPFUL! anyway, i'm keeping up with the flagyl ... we'll see what happens.

also, i have another appointment with the reproductive endocrinologist next week to debrief about BV and how i can "keep everything under control". as always, good luck everyone!

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post May 3 2007, 12:37 PM
Post #3876

Hardcore BUSTie

hi! i just read everything and caught up with everyone a little bit. i don't have much time to write a lot so i'm just going to give my update.

i did the flagyl vaginally a little over a month ago. then i treated my yeast infection. then i started using rephresh, and i didn't feel like my yeast infection was gone so i treated it with something stronger. now i'm using rephresh and taking azo yeast. i'm pretty sure it's not there. i haven't really had much discharge at all and i don't think there's any smell. i do have one problem though, i've been kind of itchy. i read that the rephresh can cause slight iritation so maybe that's it?? it's not like crazy out of control itching, it's just a little. but also i feel like that could be from wearing pads or liners just cause they absorb everything and rub up against you. i have my period right now so once it's over we'll see what happens.

i don't know if anyone remembers but i've been getting my period twice a month for the past 4 or 5 months. well this month it was much more regular. i guess my body is finally adjusting to my birth control. it still came too early but only by like a week. so maybe next month it will come at the right time. smile.gif

so i think once my period is over if my itching isn't gone i might go to the doctor to get tested and see if everything is gone. ok well that's my update. good luck to eeryone, hang in there and just keep trying different things if you haven't found what's good for you yet. i've been using the rephresh once every three days and taking one azo yeast pill a day. so i am not cured, i'm just keeping it away.

+Quote Post
miserywithcompan...
post May 3 2007, 01:07 AM
Post #3877

BUSTie

Oh and just an FYI. He always withdraws before ejaculation. (okay he pulls out quickly using the worst timing 90% of the time and leaves me hanging)
Not because he's concerned about the BV being more aggressive but because it's the method of birth control he uses. I can't take the pill, do the shot, IUD, nothin. It's condom for me, and since he's a bareback riding man he just pulls out. (yea.) If I'm unlucky he'll dump into me when I'm on the rag because he knows I wont get knocked up then, and then all BV hell breaks loose. So just him poking around in there without coming is what usually brings it on, no semen. And he wonders why I'm not the purring sex kitten I used to be? hmmm

+Quote Post
miserywithcompan...
post May 3 2007, 12:49 AM
Post #3878

BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ May 2 2007, 09:06 PM) *
OHHHH GIRLS....It's been a joy reading today!!

Welcome to our new comers!! It's nice to see a New comer who has issues, instead of a new comer coming in with some bullshit!!

I too have a supportive on again off again boyfriend. We are never off due to the smell, just personal issues. He's great about it and always trys to downplay the smell...like "I don't smell anything!!" or, "It didn't smell that bad". It must not be so horrible, if he can still get off!!! tongue.gif

Oh I know what you mean. It's been a battle with him all along because it's always about him. Ugh. Yeah I have issues. Far too many issues and this BV bullshit is just the dealbreaker for me.

I think something like BV that can cause PID, a greater chance of aquiring HIV because of a lowered immune system, low birth weight in babies, preemies, and miscarriage all qualify as better than average reasons to have the medical field shut up and put up until they find an answer. If they can figure out PH levels for hair why cant it be done for the crotch? It's suppose to be in a range of 4.5 if I'm correct. If a hairdresser needs to balance the ph levels for chemical services it's done by the same measures. All hair thats healthy is in a 'normal" ph range which has some lee-way. All vagina's need to be in a range too. OURS are out of whack yet last time I checked nobody other than those of us suffering gave a shit. I'd rather a healthy snatch than shiny hair.

Skin is also in a ph range. If my skin was rotting off because it was too alkaline....and causing discomfort to someone elses eyes I bet thee medical witch doctors would take the time...

everything in the world is acid/alkaline and the world has managed it in regard to everything else. Batteries, soaps, cleaning products, foods and so on.. what I'm saying here is there MUST be an answer to normalize the vaginal PH with something that will work for all women so the ph balance is within the acceptable range of balance. Christ sakes they make a pill for everything else! I'd gladly take a tiny pill everyday of my life to keep my innards balanced just as I do for my thyroid to keep that balanced.

BF? Yeah he's a jerk. . . already know that. Thats why we're always arguing. I let him make up when he admits it. Otherwise I can do without just fine. I've already decided I'm not wrong anymore with him. He's wrong. Always. When he humbles himself and eats a little crow then if I feel like it he can get his dick wet. Harsh? Yea. But he's earned it. I've told him a million times sex DOES NOT start in the bedroom.

I was once a nice person who thought nice things and tried very hard to treat men (and the BF in particular) like i WANTED TO BE TREATED. Yeah that blew up in my face. Got walked all over. My name became DOORMAT. Not anymore. I'd rather be alone and I've told hiim so. But he keeps comming around. Keeps sayin he loves me..blah blah. If he wants to have a real realationship with me then he needs to make deposits into our emotional account, otherwise he gets just what he puts in...nothing much. Cold hearted empty sex and nothing more. And he's aware of the difference. He likes to feel loved unconditionally. ...don't we all? But I won't hand it over any more. He's got to earn it, otherwise it means shit.

Issues..lol..you have no idea.

Yeah the comments always get me too........... "No smell today", "I love the way you taste" "maybe you should go back to the doctor" "its back", "I don't mind, we've been through this before" "everything seems good down there"
.............nothing stops him from getting off either way... he cares for maybe 5 minutes after he's beat the meat....and usually only if he sees I'm having a problem with it. Really, if he can want sex while I'm on my peroid and still want sex when I say no because the cramps feel like my guts are being ripped out by razorblades scraping me from the inside, whats a stench gonna do? stop him? no fucking way.

In his mind and in the mind of the "doctors" BV is just an inconvenience. Something we have to "just deal with."
Personally I'd rather NOT have to deal with a smell that mimics something having crawled up my snatch and decomposed. I'll bet all you ladies agree on that too.

I want to see the kind of feminine hygeine commercial that addresses this (even though we know its not hygeine related) ..............imagine................a beautiful scenic view with a mother and daughter in a boat and light cheerful music playing in the background...

Mother: honey I used to have that smell too but now everything is well, better than ever! Thanks to BV Blaster!

narrator: "does your co-worker, mother, daughter sister, wife, girlfriend or woman who sits next to you in church reek of rotten fish? Help is on the way! Give her that eternally "fresh" feeling! BV blaster to the rescue!!! Call our toll free number
1-800-4NO-REEK. Give her a gift, I repeat 1-800-4NO-REEK. Order within the next ten minutes and you'll get 2 yes 2 BV Blasters for the price of one! Take care of all the women in your life! Only 19-95! Apply directly to the smell! Apply directly to the smell!

:::fade out:::

+Quote Post
lori
post May 3 2007, 12:38 AM
Post #3879

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ May 2 2007, 07:06 PM) *
The only relief I have found so far is the inserting the Flagyl pills vaginally.

Why is anyone doing this? Is the flagyl not working when you take it orally? And does metrogel not work? I'm just curious.

QUOTE(jewelscando @ May 2 2007, 07:06 PM) *
This is a huge problem in America. If you research it, it states it's worst then Yeast infections, BUT THERE'S STILL NOBODY THAT WILL DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. We are just a bunch of bitches, that won't stop bitching, I guess...

We need more female doctors...who have B.V.!! tongue.gif

No kidding. Not to mention that there are some seriously side effects from BV that they've just discovered in recent years:

- higher risk for STD's (including HIV)
- higher risk for PID
- possible pregnancy complications
- higher risk for UTI's

This is some serious stuff. Considering that it is the *most* common vaginal infection among women, it's an outrage that there is not better info. on what causes it and how to treat it effectively.

On a happier note, I just discovered that my local Whole Foods now carries Fem-dophilus! It's very expensive ($24 for 30 caps!), but at least it's kept in the fridge.

-- biggrin.gif Thanks for making me laugh, miserywithcompany. You deserve better, girl!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 2 2007, 07:49 PM
Post #3880

Hardcore BUSTie

OHHHH GIRLS....It's been a joy reading today!!

Welcome to our new comers!! It's nice to see a New comer who has issues, instead of a new comer coming in with some bullshit!!

I too have a supportive on again off again boyfriend. We are never off due to the smell, just personal issues. He's great about it and always trys to downplay the smell...like "I don't smell anything!!" or, "It didn't smell that bad". It must not be so horrible, if he can still get off!!! tongue.gif

I don't suffer the pain that all of you talk about, so, I guess I can thank God for that. Mine is just the god awfull smell, from itty bitty fish heads, to someone took a shit in my vagina. It can't make up its mind.

The only relief I have found so far is the inserting the Flagyl pills vaginally. I'm still doing good on my end, but, after sex, I have to insert one, or the smell will come back, which tells me it's his sperm that makes me smell.

Doctors can't find a cure, because you can't controll the PH level in a woman's vagina. What may be normal for you, may not be normal for me and so on. What they need to do is invent something that can control it. But how do they do that? They invent things like Rephresh and Aci-jel...Hmmm. DOESN'T FUCKING WORK PEOPLE!!

This is a huge problem in America. If you research it, it states it's worst then Yeast infections, BUT THERE'S STILL NOBODY THAT WILL DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. We are just a bunch of bitches, that won't stop bitching, I guess...

We need more female doctors...who have B.V.!! tongue.gif

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 192 193 194 195 196 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 23, 2014 - 05:41 AM