The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

32 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What bands are you currently listening to? What excites you?
mouse
post Jan 5 2009, 11:39 PM
Post #201

Most Likely Procrastinating

vivin girls are great, star! i used to play kickball with them way back when. you should check out cause co-motion too, it's a band full of dudes but they're all friends and share a similar sound.

thirties, that low album is heartbreaking! "long way around the sea" can make me weeeeeep.

my vacation involved a lot of getting stoned and sharing music with my best college girlfriend and her boyfriend, they both have amazing taste. i introduced them to hercules & love affair, david byrne & brian eno's new album, & m83, while they turned me onto krautrock like la dusseldorf and harmonia, and an amazing brazilian new wave band called fellini.

i'm also really into the clientele ep that came out in august. "george says he has lost his way in this world" is my favorite song right now. i love the clientele so much.

--------------------
jam out with your clam out
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jan 4 2009, 06:22 AM
Post #202

Big Fat Bitch

I miss oink. There has been a lot of crucial shit that I have on wax that I can no longer find. I hate you RIAA!

I've had a yen for Crime & the City Solution.

Yes, I am old, fuck you.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jan 1 2009, 10:49 PM
Post #203

brown delicious

vivian girls and women cause i can never get enough of lofi, garage sounding, psychedlic poprock.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
Torch
post Dec 21 2008, 10:29 PM
Post #204

BUSTie

Lately I've been listening to Stephanie Mills, Q-Tip, Oddissee, and Stevie Wonder all in the ride as I go to work.

--------------------
I'm silently hating on you! - Check out my Podcast - http://torch.podomatic.com/

+Quote Post
thirtiesgirl
post Dec 21 2008, 03:34 PM
Post #205

Hardcore BUSTie

Currently grooving out in a mellow way to Low. I was listening to their limited edition 1999 xmas album (just called "Christmas") while wrapping presents, and it put me in the mood for more of their stuff.

Dinosaur Act from their fifth album, Things We Lost in the Fire (clips of the band on tour, w/ Alan and Mimi's one year old daughter).

A Little Argument With Myself (acoustic) from their sixth album, Trust.

Murderer (live in Minneapolis) from their most recent album, Drums & Guns.

--------------------
I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing.
-Mae West

+Quote Post
ihateoly
post Dec 16 2008, 09:27 PM
Post #206

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(thirtiesgirl @ Dec 16 2008, 09:02 PM) *
New Neko Case album, Middle Cyclone, out in March '09. This is a preview video of Neko talking about the new album, how and where it was recorded, and some of the songs. She says some great stuff, and the music sounds great. ...Extra frogs...hee hee! I can't wait.

I just saw her play in September here in Tucson and she played several of the songs from the new album. It was amazing and I can't wait! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Let's go dancing in high heels!"-Liz Lemmon

+Quote Post
thirtiesgirl
post Dec 16 2008, 09:02 PM
Post #207

Hardcore BUSTie

New Neko Case album, Middle Cyclone, out in March '09. This is a preview video of Neko talking about the new album, how and where it was recorded, and some of the songs. She says some great stuff, and the music sounds great. ...Extra frogs...hee hee! I can't wait.

--------------------
-Mae West

+Quote Post
bottleblack
post Dec 13 2008, 05:46 AM
Post #208

BUSTie

QUOTE(bunnyb @ Oct 21 2008, 05:13 PM) *
I can't help but love Kings of Leon "Sex on Fire"; that song really gets me. I haven't really paid attention to them before but I'm going to listen to the new album.

Kings of Leon's new album is fantastic!! I just want to swim inside their music, I love his voice and their style.

+Quote Post
musiclovr89
post Dec 9 2008, 03:04 AM
Post #209

I like listening to The Killers, Snow Patrol, Oasis, Coldplay, so many to list. I like music with good lyrics and a good beat.

+Quote Post
lustandgore
post Dec 8 2008, 12:20 PM
Post #210

Devil Doll and Carrie Rodriguez

--------------------
Aurora Gory Alice
Owner, Lust & Gore Hardwear (www.lustandgorehardwear.com)
Arizona Renegade Rollergirl

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Dec 2 2008, 07:51 PM
Post #211

the moistiest

thanks to a feministing heads-up: little dragon

+Quote Post
hiddenpoet
post Dec 2 2008, 02:04 PM
Post #212

BUSTie

i'm stuck on Chemical Chords from Stereolab right now.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Dec 2 2008, 04:46 AM
Post #213

Big Fat Bitch

I am liking the Cold War Kids & Low vs. Diamond. I used to shag one of the LvsD guys back in the day, so I am biased.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
anna k
post Nov 9 2008, 04:57 PM
Post #214

Hardcore BUSTie

My brother introduced me to Steve Arrington's music, and I really dig it. He was a funk/soul singer from he late 70's and early 80's, and played/sang with a group called Slave. I heard his music in a jazz club a few weeks ago, and my brother told me about him, and his music just had such joy to it that made me happy. He quit music to become a minister, but left behind some classic tracks, like Feel so Real.

+Quote Post
thirtiesgirl
post Oct 21 2008, 07:28 PM
Post #215

Hardcore BUSTie

For fans of Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, check out Gallon Drunk. Main Drunkman James Johnston has played guitar with the Bad Seeds (most notably on Murder Ballads). The Drunk have been around since the early '90s, but just released their newest album, Rotten Mile, from which the above video was taken, at the end of last year. It's the best thing they've done since their early days, like a big juicy burger with pickles, ketchup, mustard and a mess of greasy fries. I wish they'd tour the U.S., but after opening briefly for Morrissey in New York around '93 or '94 (Morrissey's audience had no idea what to make of them), they fled back the U.K. and continued doing what they do best. All their albums, You, The Night & the Music, Tonight...the Singles Bar (a singles/EPs collection), From the Heart of Town (their most popular album, the one that got them on tour with Morrissey), In the Long, Still Night, and Fire Music have been reissued with extra tracks, live material and b-sides. I've been in lust with James Johnston for years, but he's happily married to former Stereolab contributor Geraldine Swayne. Ah, well. Just my luck.

--------------------
-Mae West

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Oct 21 2008, 12:13 PM
Post #216

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

I can't help but love Kings of Leon "Sex on Fire"; that song really gets me. I haven't really paid attention to them before but I'm going to listen to the new album.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Oct 10 2008, 10:27 PM
Post #217

the moistiest

lovin' the RZA alter-ego, Bobby Digital

i jammed this for like a month straight

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 10 2008, 01:02 PM
Post #218

Big Fat Bitch

DOODS! If you love the music, call KEXP! 2069035397. I have dropped $350 bones today in the favour of the propagation of good music. MONEY WELL SPENT. I coulda bought shoes, but I gave to my peeps instead. KEXP is pure, they are LOVE. They are people that really appreciate good trax!

--------------------

+Quote Post
octobersky
post Oct 5 2008, 03:01 PM
Post #219

Hardcore BUSTie

I agree TV on the Radio is just fucking amazing. The new album "Dear Science" is soooo good. I would love to go see them but they are playing in Cincinnati and that's just too far to drive. A guy at work actually met them when they played in Columbus last time and said the band was very nice.

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check out the movie....

+Quote Post
thirtiesgirl
post Oct 5 2008, 11:38 AM
Post #220

Hardcore BUSTie

I have one ep by TV on the Radio which took a little while to grow on me, and I recently bought Cookie Mountain, but haven't listened to it yet. I know I need to catch up with them, but I'm slow on the uptake. Isn't the singer guy in the new indie movie with Anne Hathaway? ...Oh, wait. AP just said that. Duh.

--------------------
-Mae West

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 25, 2014 - 05:24 AM