The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

120 Pages V  « < 78 79 80 81 82 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
herculesgirl
post Oct 19 2006, 07:34 PM
Post #1581

Hardcore BUSTie

BWAHAHAHHAHA, Bustygirl, "asshole belt"... laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pherber
post Oct 19 2006, 05:46 PM
Post #1582

Hardcore BUSTie

blink.gif

I'm just posting, because walkingbitches' and my avatars should get married!

*passes ashtray along with some o that eyeball bleach!*

"yellow armpit stains..."

"greasy sex..."

laugh.gif

+Quote Post
walkingbitch
post Oct 19 2006, 05:28 PM
Post #1583

Hardcore BUSTie

A confession. I owned a pair of peach acid washed pegged pants, but in all fairness it was 1986.

now that that is done, why oh why do I have to see your cock a flopping down the street towards me if you go on and free ball it in a pair of loose linen pants?
And why was this topped off with those pointy alligator shoes with the side buckle, (no not creepers, just crappy and creepy), and a white tee shirt with huge yellow armpit stains that was otherwise more grey than white?

oh my eyes!!!!!

--------------------
"A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. You think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a f@*#ing cross? It's like going up to Jackie Onassis wearing a rifle pendant."
Bill Hicks

+Quote Post
maimy
post Oct 19 2006, 04:55 PM
Post #1584

Hardcore BUSTie

OhdearMAUD. Oh dear, precious, precious, precious, aching MAUD.

Busty, I adore you. I wanna be your bitch.

+Quote Post
bustygirl
post Oct 18 2006, 10:15 PM
Post #1585

Hardcore BUSTie

And now, the all new adventures of CRAPTASTIC MAN!

Man, late 30's, early 40's, skinny, greasy tan. Shoulder length hair, 'stache and flavour saver combo loved by A & R guys everywhere. Found on men who have actually uttered the words "Well, she's my girlfriend, but we're not into putting what we have into words" (quote, unquote).

Designer jeans with factory worn cuffs, over factory worn brown leather boots, by factory worn brown leather guy. Some kind of asshole belt. LIME GREEN SILK SHIRT, long-sleeved--with sleeves rolled up into donut cuffs, of course. Because this guy, he's not into looking too uptight, you dig?

Which must be why he had one, but not both, sides of his shirt tucked into his jeans. If you live in L.A. or have watched a lot of Blind Date, I know you've seen this look. It's the Ryan Seacrest 2.0. It's the I'm-your-Dad's-age-when-you-graduated-high-school-but-I'm-not-like-him,-I'm-HIP-dammit,-see-me-smoking-cloves-and-texting-my-girlfriend/broker/drug dealer/agent-every FIVE SECONDS. It's a look I like to call....................Asshat.

As if this wasn't bad enough, he spent an HOUR talking to some girl I'm pretty sure he'd only met once before about his clingy girlfriend, and how he really loved her, but if he didn't call her back right away she'd text him a thousand times, and she was always pulling needless drama scenes, but he thought they really had something special together if they could just get past the trust thing, and how he was sometimes a little tired of her possessiveness, but he thought ultimately that they were good for one another, and what did YOU think? The longer he talked to this poor chick (with her horrible, boring shoes) the closer he moved to her. I'm pretty sure that after we left he actually went and sat in her lap. Perhaps he talked some more about how sensitive he was and how his girlfriend's possessiveness made him want to cheat sometimes, and perhaps they went and had ugly, sad, greasy, sex in her Volvo.

If she didn't see it coming from a mile away, she has only herself to blame.

Anyhow, a very entertaining afternoon was had by all, as soon as we were in the car and had closed the doors, and could laugh and laugh and point and laugh some more.

+Quote Post
maimy
post Oct 18 2006, 06:25 PM
Post #1586

Hardcore BUSTie

Quiet, that is a stunner, that.

Would someone pass the eyeball bleach please?

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Oct 18 2006, 01:57 PM
Post #1587

Hardcore BUSTie

This was a guy in a parking lot today:

Ratty used-to-be-white-a-long-time-ago t-shirt under a boxy blue jean jacket, pajama pants and SQUARE TOED BOOTS WITH BUCKLES!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I swar.

+Quote Post
pherber
post Oct 18 2006, 09:40 AM
Post #1588

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, I haven't seen the original telenovela, just parts of the euro-rip-off, which was full of cheesy cliche and lacking a credible story.. mellow.gif I know, I know, that's probably the point of a telenovela.

Eta: Well the Idea for the story is really charming, but they're exploiting it to the max, plus: the "uglifying" is so over-the-top, and just not very credible. I think that's what doodlebugs point was, too..

+Quote Post
wombat
post Oct 18 2006, 07:53 AM
Post #1589

Dragon Velocity

Well, that was the whole point of the original telenovela, as I understand it: a girl who cares about just about everything but her appearance is lovable and popular.

--------------------
Lion-hearted

+Quote Post
pherber
post Oct 18 2006, 06:46 AM
Post #1590

Hardcore BUSTie

They're all in love with that stupid story... it's a multinational conspiracy, too! dry.gif

Colombian Betty:(the original)
IPB Image
Mexican Betty:
IPB Image
Russian Betty:
IPB Image
Dutch Betty:
IPB Image
German Betty:
IPB Image

I think that uglifying is the new treknobabble, anything to avoid a real plot. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Oct 18 2006, 02:21 AM
Post #1591

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

I posted this in Corn Cobs already, but I thought it might be interesting to talk about here.

I've watched Ugly Betty three times now, and I can't help but wonder...

...how come a girl who's supposed to be so bloody smart can't figure out how to disappear into a little grey or black suit and scrape her hair into a bun? I mean, we get it, she doesn't follow fashion, doesn't care about her appearance. Beauty comes from inside, yada yada yada. But what about her job, does she get that? What shlub in the universe, who claims to be a careerist, travels into Manhattan every day to work in a corporate setting and doesn't figure out how to comb her raggedy hair and wear a black suit, at the very least???

It's pissing me off. I live in the middle of Nowhere, British Columbia, and even I know that. Hell, I acquired my first grey blazer while still in high school!

Is there not one ally in Betty's TV universe who's willing to tell her?

Not to mention that America Ferrera is cute as hell, and I don't know why they are trying to pass her off as "ugly."

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
pherber
post Oct 17 2006, 07:40 PM
Post #1592

Hardcore BUSTie

Hehe, no maimy... biggrin.gif I meant myself! I hoped, noone would take my opinionated rants personal...

+Quote Post
maimy
post Oct 17 2006, 06:05 PM
Post #1593

Hardcore BUSTie

I rocked oversize men's shirts, but not the STYLE of oversize men's shirts that was going on - I actually stole men's shirts.

I only pegged my jeans once, because a girl I knew who modeled in Japan and Europe did it to me. It ... didn't stick.

I did steal my boyfriend's jeans all the time. (I look at the current man, and look at my own ass, and am astounded I was ever so small as to fit in a guy's licorice-leg Levis ...) It felt sexy to dwell where the penis dwelt. Heh.

I didn't do big hair, but I did shave one side when I was eighteen. It was easier to take tests; no hair-flipping when it fell in my face. I swear to MAUD that is the reason I did it.

I stole my brother's L'autre Mode (a RIPOFF of Members Only) jacket when he left for college, but only because it was black.

I did hit the Keds-n-long-skirts look for a few years there, but the honest truth is: I actually still like that particular combo. It had a certain functionality, never mind the effin' "fashion statement". Heh.

I wore the same magenta lipstick with every outfit, for every occasion, every day for like six years. Amazing.

Busty is making me miss my Sunday Go To Meetin' Jeans. They were these wonderful jeans old enough to have become soft as Kleenex, and I had all my friends sign them or draw on them all the time. I still have them, in (appropriately) my grandma's cedar chest. It is NOT IN ME to ever throw them out or give 'em away.

I love watching the opening sequence of Sixteen Candles, which has the amazing property of apparently featuring actual human kids, dressed as we really did look. Very few movies manage to actually capture any sort of reality, and that tour of the high school campus is a wonderful microcosm of all the not-too-on-the-nose stuff we just wore because it fell out of the drawer. *Uber grin*

(Pherber, I hope you didn't mean me about flaming; people have a way of taking me as bullying and aggressive, but no such effect was intended.)

+Quote Post
dirtybunny
post Oct 17 2006, 09:41 AM
Post #1594

BUSTie

There is no way I'm reviving anything I wore in the 80's and same for most of the 90's for that matter!

-leggings
-acid wash
-overalls
-oversize men's shirts
-anything neon
-tight jeans

I was in elemantry for the 80's, but was really fashion forward for a kid in rural nowhere's ville. My teenage babysitters liked to dress me up and my mom thought it was cute and a sign of independance when I wore her areobics wear and sweaters to get my Madonna on! My fav outfit: mustard chunky sweater that I wore belted over fushia leggings with chucks or little booties with as many braclets as I could pile on...I see girls on St Laurent street and downtown rocking some version of that "80's outfit" and it weirds me out. My god leggings and tight jeans?!! They're not flattering on anything over size 6 or a hanger!! Just because American Apparel and some celeb'u'tramp say it's hot! As a fashion designer you couldn't pay me to endorse those things!

end rant, sorry if I may have offended unsure.gif

+Quote Post
brett
post Oct 17 2006, 06:17 AM
Post #1595

Hardcore BUSTie

i refuse to wear anything i *actually* wore in the 80s, especially because most of my fashion-conscious days were in grade school, which was a time i don't really want to relive; ie chuck taylors, leg warmers, jelly bracelets....

What's wrong with Chuck Taylors?

--------------------
there's more to life than making jam and having kids-damien hirst

+Quote Post
pherber
post Oct 17 2006, 02:05 AM
Post #1596

Hardcore BUSTie

I locked myself in my room, listening to the Velvet Underground, and Leonard Cohen... um, well, not much has changed then. laugh.gif

Edie Sedgwick!!! *sighs* I so adore..

+Quote Post
pepper
post Oct 16 2006, 11:50 PM
Post #1597

can you say 'fedora'?
oh yes, i did so.
assymetrical curly do as well. ugh.
my little sister dresses in the 80's fashion TODAY that i wouldn't even touch back then. double ugh.
it was ugly man, it was so very very ugly.
frosted icy pink lipstick and blue eyeliner AVEC navy mascara. i confess.

i wore the leggings and t-shirt with army boots fashion non-statement in the nineties, not the 80's. big, huge pinstriped dickey's overalls with a giant t-shirt or coveralls, you know, the greasemonkey kind. and i had bangs down to here too, covered half my face right up.
what can i say? i was in art school yo. it was comfy and durable attire and i looked CUTE!

+Quote Post
bustygirl
post Oct 16 2006, 10:27 PM
Post #1598

Hardcore BUSTie

In the eighties, I wore my grandpa's button down shirts, baggy pants, flats, big earrings, short spiked hair, jelly bracelets (in black), big black t-shirts with bands like the Cure or Siouxsie and the Banshees, or Marilyn Monroe. I had these awesome holey secondhand jeans that I loved, plus my grandpa's old leather belts and striped ties.

I had a trenchcoat and a beret that I bought from Goodwill, and a striped wool tall mens' sweater that was about a trillion sizes too big.

I also filched my dad's tweed sportcoat from his closet-I rolled up the sleeves to show the iridescent lining. I had a pair of combat boots and a military surplus jacket with a bunch of pins and buttons. I drew murals on my jeans. I wore opaque black tights with everything, and treasured my granny boots. I had a Sid and Nancy T-Shirt. I sewed it onto the back of my jean jacket when it finally wore out.

I went through a Duran Duran phase, a Billy Idol phase, a Sex Pistols phase, a Cure phase, and a Misfits phase (that one stuck). I loved New York, Cats, Andy Warhol, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Punk Rock, and pretending I was anywhere but a stupid midwestern city with a bunch of Guess-ed out Polo wearing jock assholes for peers. I suffered at the hands of people whose whole lives began and ended on the streets where they lived. Like all introverted, misunderstood, artsy teenagers, I dreamed of someday getting the hell out--living in a dusty loft in the Village, painting, and drinking tiny cups of coffee with Edie Sedgewick (who cares that she was dead?).

In a lot of ways, the eighties was the last time I was that naive fashion-wise, but that naivete allowed me to do things in ways that were totally me, unfiltered through a peer group. In a lot of ways I don't think I was ever as me as I was then.

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Oct 16 2006, 09:01 AM
Post #1599

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lilacwine13 @ Oct 14 2006, 09:50 PM) *

At the risk of getting things thrown at me, I'm going to have to agree with pherber about the retro thing. After a certain age, wearing leggings and a huge t-shirt is going to make you look dated, not trendy, especially if you are old enough to have worn it the first time around (and the clothes look old enough to be from that time).

i refuse to wear anything i *actually* wore in the 80s, especially because most of my fashion-conscious days were in grade school, which was a time i don't really want to relive; ie chuck taylors, leg warmers, jelly bracelets....

+Quote Post
pherber
post Oct 15 2006, 11:08 PM
Post #1600

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, I avoided those dorky fads, but I got beaten up, because of that.
Coming from a country where no school uniforms are required, I have (literally) painful memories, that brands-as-status-symbols was never as bad as then.
Kinda weird, because we're almost the same age, that we recall that time so differently.
Hope this is not going to derail into a flamewar, that's certainly not my intention. sad.gif

Good things about the 80s:
The Smiths
Peel Sessions
Vinyl (records, not clothes! happy.gif )
all sorely missed.

Ironically, I wear cotton leggings a lot, as pyjama bottoms, under jeans and longer dresses, because it's really cold here already.

+Quote Post

120 Pages V  « < 78 79 80 81 82 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 29, 2014 - 05:18 AM