The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

38 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> large breast support group (cuz we actually need it!)
hellcat
post Jan 12 2009, 04:11 PM
Post #181

BUSTie

I used hellotampon's method today on the treadmill in my building and just had to hope that no one walked by the glass windows in the condo. I had luck today.
I do own a Panache PS sports bra, a winner according to Booby Bounce Test. I can't find it right now, but I'm a 34G so they come pretty big. It isn't very comfortable and my friends and I called it "The Machine" because it looks like chest armor but I guess it really does reduce bounce. I'm trying to find something more comfy because the underwire still digs in me. I've also had it for years so it could just be time to upgrade.

I flip-flop/ love-hate my tits. I've considered reduction with my doctor but want to wait until I have children and am done breast feeding. Just yesterday I was sitting in the shower and just looking at how much my breasts seem to sag. I think of the ol' "you need a real bra if you can hold a pencil under your breast" test...I think I could hold. Just tried it 6 pencils and that was with good posture. Sigh.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cp31
post Jan 8 2009, 10:33 PM
Post #182

QUOTE(ihateoly @ Dec 20 2008, 10:32 PM) *
Um, I know they are ugly, but...sports bras? I need one that hold my girls in very badly. I went running today and I had to hold my boobs after a while and I'm sure that looked awesome. sad.gif Any large busted Busties have any good sportsbra recommendations? I want to be active, but it's hurtin', you know? These double D's are killing me! sad.gif

I had the same problem trying to find sports bras. I'm a 32F which made running paaaainful and kind of embarrassing. I finally found a sports bra that works really well by Enell. My sister (who also has a large chest) told me about these bras - she completed a triathlon wearing one! They are somewhat expensive (around $60) but mine has lasted for a really long time. I was doubtful when I first received it in the mail - no underwire or anything?! - but it really held my breasts in place, even while running, and was comfortable and not so tight that it affected my breathing.

I bought mine from their site www.enell.com but I'm having trouble opening their page right now. Here is a page on amazon that will give you an idea http://www.amazon.com/Enell-Baby-Turquoise.../ref=pd_sbs_a_3

They explain how to choose which size you might want on the Enell website so I hope that site becomes available soon.

Anyway, I hope that this helps. I love mine and no more painful bouncing boobs when I exercise - yay!

Best wishes!

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Jan 7 2009, 08:43 AM
Post #183

Hardcore BUSTie

Grrr... I'm fed up of random men asking me if it's 'cold out' (nudge nudge wink wink). I'm wearing a thick t-shirt and a vest over my bra, dammit! Short of wearing my coat all day, there's not much more that I can do. Honestly, do they think it's a compliment? Woohoo, you can tell that I have nipples, good for you. mad.gif

--------------------
“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence.”
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Dec 31 2008, 09:16 AM
Post #184

Hardcore BUSTie

Woo! More saley stuff on Bravissimo and Figleaves = pretty undies for me! And I bought a matching set that actually match, as opposed to both being black! Cheap stuff rocks.

Happy New Year's Eve all, hope you and your splendid bosoms all have great nights tonight!

--------------------

+Quote Post
prophecy_grrl
post Dec 30 2008, 12:27 PM
Post #185

Hardcore BUSTie

hellotampon - lol, that cracked me up!

star - I got a pretty nice sports bra from Lane Bryant a few months ago - it doesn't seem to be on their site now, bit it's underwire, racerback and a nice breathable cotton terry material. Like eyelet, I double up with a sports tank with shelf bra and that keeps them strapped down pretty well.

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Dec 25 2008, 10:43 AM
Post #186

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(ihateoly @ Dec 21 2008, 03:32 AM) *
Um, I know they are ugly, but...sports bras? I need one that hold my girls in very badly. I went running today and I had to hold my boobs after a while and I'm sure that looked awesome. sad.gif Any large busted Busties have any good sportsbra recommendations? I want to be active, but it's hurtin', you know? These double D's are killing me! sad.gif

haha I've always thought that your own 2 hands make the best sports bra! But only if you don't exercise in public.

+Quote Post
hcbeck
post Dec 23 2008, 08:51 PM
Post #187

BUSTie

This article is intense, but it could be useful if you need to send a link to friends and colleagues who need to know a little more...

The F-Word, UK

+Quote Post
eyelet
post Dec 23 2008, 10:32 AM
Post #188

Hardcore BUSTie

I wear the Champion sports bra designed for highest impact, with another tight lycra pullover tank bra over it. With that combo I can run long distances (with 34DDD). Have been doing that for years and my breasts have fared well. But they seriously are immobilized and completely strapped to my body, so there is no strain on the tissues.

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Dec 23 2008, 06:05 AM
Post #189

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks for the sympathy, Bunny!

Just ran upstairs to check my sports bra and can report that it's a Berlei shock absorber in an F cup, not sure what level. This is definitely the best one I've had - there's an extra horizontal strap higher up, pulling the shoulder straps together, and it come up high enough at the front that it looks like a small gym top. It's comfortable and there's very little movement even when I jump up and down in it (though I think I felt a bit strapped down the first time I tried it on).

I just go to step class and the occasional game of badminton, so cannot report on how it copes with more energetic scenarios. Hurrah for sports bras enabling us to be all sporty and healthy!

--------------------

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Dec 22 2008, 04:51 PM
Post #190

brown delicious

juliesara, thanks for the post about bravissimo. i think i might have to check them out in the future to buy bras. i've had to accept that my boobs have grown. yup, all of those things they told you in high school...lies, all lies. i thought it was because i put on some weight. no, i was heavier and my boobs were still a C cup. i am now a 36 DD. i swear i might need a cup bigger, maybe. my plan is to get fitted at intimacy so i know my true cup size.

any feedback about sports bras would be welcomed too. i do some cardio and lots of yoga. these girls need a home to fit in.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
Juliesara
post Dec 21 2008, 03:59 AM
Post #191

BUSTie

This article that I saw in the Mail newspaper on sports bras this side of the pond last year seems to have some basis on scientific research & may help you get the best one right away.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-...sports-bra.html

In my case I bought a Berlei Shock absorber Level 4 in a G cup and it managed to fit my boobs, though I am a H cup in some bras & a G or GG in others. Bit of a tight squeeze - but I liked the color, green & black!

I am now wear a Panache sports bra, but I think it isn't been made anymore as the last one I bought I had difficulty getting.

I play squash & my girls are a lot more comfortable, but it really gets hot down there & I wish the fabric was a lot more breathable. Oh! it doesn't make me a better player as my boobs still get in the way of certain shots!

Some of the comments are pretty interesting it seems that the granny bra, Doreen, can be used as a pretty good sports bra, I have not thought of that, I do have one with cotton lined cups, I will have to try it.

+Quote Post
ihateoly
post Dec 20 2008, 10:32 PM
Post #192

Hardcore BUSTie

--------------------
"Let's go dancing in high heels!"-Liz Lemmon

+Quote Post
Bunny Saves The ...
post Dec 16 2008, 03:24 AM
Post #193

Thank you julie! i don't much like the smell of cocoa butter,but i guess i could rub lotion on top of it...

I have another question. How old were all of you ladies also when your breasts stopped growing? I'm 21 now and I'm panicking that I might've grown again. I hope it's not my birth control. And there's this ridiculous japanese myth that if you massage them enough they'll grow, so for my boyfriend's sake that better not be true. (ha ha, i know it's not but it makes me giggle anyway)

+Quote Post
Juliesara
post Dec 15 2008, 02:43 PM
Post #194

BUSTie

Stretch marks, thats sort of an occupational risk for me! I am a 38H (UK size) & I think the girls have just stopped growing (I am 19). My mum who has had six kids is a 36J and she has some quite noticeable stretch marks, though she says thats down to having us lot, old age & gravity.

I don't have any yet & its something I don't want!. Luckily I have grown gradually (since the age of 10) & I think the skin & underlying tissue had time to stretch/grow slowly. My little sister does have them but she has grown far more rapidly than me & I think she will grow out of them.

I think it helps to wear a good supportive bra & even though it it feels a big relief to release my girls from my bra I try not to round bra less for any length of time. I always sleep in a tight t-shirt & that sort of keeps them under control.

I don't know if it helps or not but I have always run cocoa butter into my boobs, that's what I have read & its far cheaper than the concoctions you find on the web.

Hope this has helped.

+Quote Post
Bunny Saves The ...
post Dec 15 2008, 03:44 AM
Post #195

OH my god, I am so happy I just found this forum! I typing out hugs to you all right now, can you feel them? oooooo!!!
Firstly, thank you for posting up websites, I hope very much it'll help me. There's only one place I've found in Portland so far that sells bras in my size, and a 60 bucks each it sucks (although the ladies there are so sweet. Anyone living in portland OR with difficult boobs, go to Just Like A Woman!)I used to be a 34D with little worry, two years later I find out I'm a 32DDD without the lady even having to measure me!(Persiflager, i weep a little for you, and any other small girl getting crappy posture from her melons.)
So, I'm sure this has probably been posted already, but I'll ask again in case ayone has anything new. Preventing stretch marks! Anything that will help them keep their perk a little longer, or am I just screwed? So any other tips to keep them healthy would be awesome.

+Quote Post
ILovTheEnd
post Dec 6 2008, 08:41 PM
Post #196

QUOTE(eyelet @ Nov 22 2008, 03:03 PM) *
You can get fitted and determine favorite brands at high end stores and then do your shopping at their clearance outlets (like Neiman's and Saks). Sometimes they even show up at TJ Maxx and Ross. I have been wearing Wacoal brand for years and I frequently find my 34DDD's at outlets. Usually priced $20 or less, down from $80. Good brands for more sexy bras and for swimwear are Freya and Fantasie. And Goddess brand is good for bustiers and strapless.

The only place I buy bras anymore is Torrid. I tend to have a hard time finding a good fit because I'm a 36 DD. I'm not a big girl, just have big boobs. Even though I can't fit into anything else Torrid carries, their bras are perfect.
Here's a link: http://www.torrid.com/torrid/store/nodePag...t;theme=Default

+Quote Post
Juliesara
post Dec 6 2008, 02:12 PM
Post #197

BUSTie

I did a bit of on-line shopping today, I did intend to buy a few new bras, but came away with tops instead! Bravissimo over here in the UK are selling their tops that normally retail at £40+ at £15 or less, I bought a top & blouse for work/college & saved myself about £50. They don't seem to have reduced their bras by much though!

I am thinking about getting some swim wear & they seem to be going cheap as well.

Unless postage is horrendous to the States, the prices must seem quite attractive to you lot over the pond with the $ up against the old £!

http://www.bravissimo.com/products/sale

+Quote Post
eyelet
post Nov 22 2008, 06:03 PM
Post #198

Hardcore BUSTie

You can get fitted and determine favorite brands at high end stores and then do your shopping at their clearance outlets (like Neiman's and Saks). Sometimes they even show up at TJ Maxx and Ross. I have been wearing Wacoal brand for years and I frequently find my 34DDD's at outlets. Usually priced $20 or less, down from $80. Good brands for more sexy bras and for swimwear are Freya and Fantasie. And Goddess brand is good for bustiers and strapless.

+Quote Post
anna k
post Nov 22 2008, 04:50 PM
Post #199

Hardcore BUSTie

I hate when I go into stores that sell bras, they're usually single cup sizes, whereas I'm a triple-D, but when I go to Lane Bryant, the band size doesn't go lower than 38, and I'm a 36DDD. I'm big in the front, but have a smaller back. I just get the 38DDDs and they fit, but have to find a happy medium instead of my exact size. Luckily, I just spent $50 for two bras.

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Nov 22 2008, 04:18 PM
Post #200

sassygrrl

I went to Intimacy today, and got a sports bra and an everyday bra. It turned out that I'm a 38G, but she said that was a European size. It did make me feel as though I was standing better, and had lost weight. I felt like I was on What Not to Wear or How to Look Good Naked. It was a good experience , and I learned a lot about bras and the way they fit. I still am curious if I can find bras a little cheaper somewhere else though. Some of the intimacy bras ranged up to 200, and that's too much right now. Yet, this was the famous Bra Whisperer store in Atlanta. Maybe you just spend more for quality.

+Quote Post

38 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 19, 2014 - 09:37 PM