Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Have You Seen Me?" MIA Busties
stargazer
post May 20 2010, 08:11 PM
Post #21

brown delicious

We will miss you, angie_21! I really appreciate your posts.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
angie_21
post May 20 2010, 07:17 PM
Post #22

Hardcore BUSTie

I only started coming here and it seems like everyone's leaving! Was it something I said?

Anyways, in a week I'm leaving for a place far, far from internet access and will be gone for 3 months. I didn't know where the best place to post this news is, or whether anyone cares, but there it is. I hope the place is still around when I get back, or I'll really miss it!

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Apr 29 2010, 04:28 AM
Post #23

cryostat bitch

see, I actually feel safer in our Facebook group-because you have to be invited and here in the Lounge, the tr*ll could pop up at any time. There are things/aspects of my job that make it pretty hard to be anonymous if I share anything of significance about work. And I like talking about work. I do still lurk here from time to time, but it's become more infrequent.

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Apr 29 2010, 12:18 AM
Post #24

Big Fat Bitch

It's funny. I just read something on Jezebel yesterday about women & social media that actually quoted Debbie, she "compared Facebook to 'passing notes, a girlish form,' she said. She's not the only one who sees it that way."

This was a response from a Bustie of yore: "Reading this it strikes me as ironic that the last- and maybe only- time in my life when I felt part of an actual community of feminist women was on the Bust magazine forum about ten years ago; a gaggle of hardcore, whipsmart women who taught me more about what my feminism meant to me than Debbie Stoller's actual magazine has ever managed, and it makes me sad to think that Stoller hasn't a clue how important that internet arm of her magazine was, and maybe still is, to hundreds of young feminists. (I would be astonished if there are no old- skool Busties on these boards, for that matter. If there are, hobeanas better holla!)"

I must admit, I really do miss the old Lounge. I'll keep plugging away, though. Busties! Too Tough To DIE!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
damona
post Apr 28 2010, 01:42 PM
Post #25

can i go to bed now?

well, i'm back, and hopefully sticking around this time! *knocks on wood*

let's keep this party rockin! lol. but, seriously. anonymity is good. it's much nicer to fess up to stuff when only one or two people even know your real name or what you look like, etc.

we had a real community going here, let's see if we can't get it back, hey?

thank you, thank you, this has been your daily cheerleader message from damona. tongue.gif

--------------------
"give me life, give me pain, give me myself again" - tori amos

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Apr 28 2010, 12:38 PM
Post #26

it's cards on the table time

Ditto. I prefer the relative anonymity here too... also, as zoya said, I don't want to give up on the lounge. I am sad it's quieter around here.

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Apr 27 2010, 04:58 PM
Post #27

brown delicious

Damona, I'm still here as well. Stick around! smile.gif

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Apr 27 2010, 03:01 PM
Post #28

Big Fat Bitch

I'm one of the few that still posts regularly. We're lucky if we get twenty posts a day anymore. The only threads that seem to get reg action are the small boobies thread, the craft thread, the confessions thread, the pregnancy/CNBC threads, & the single word association thread.

I did get a message from Konphusion the other day & she is doing well, but is mostly too busy to be fartin' around here anymore.

I am not wild about the FB page, either. The only thing I like about it is that nobody seems to have extended an invite to the asshole, so I don't have to fuck with it over there.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
ketto
post Apr 27 2010, 01:06 PM
Post #29

Hardcore BUSTie

Seems like a lot of folks have left for good. I used to come on everyday and read through 3 pages of active topics. Now I'm lucky if there's half a page and most of it is in threads I don't frequent.

I accidentally rejected the invite to the FB group and can't be invited a second time and despite emails and phone calls to facebook no one ever got back to me, but I prefer the anonymity of the lounge too. I'll probably be a die hard here as well.

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Apr 27 2010, 01:06 PM
Post #30

Hardcore BUSTie

Me too, Zoya. Not that I ever post much, but I feel more comfortable posting here. And I like that it's open to new people, whereas the FB group will presumably stay fairly static.

--------------------
“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence.”
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992

+Quote Post
pepper
post Apr 27 2010, 10:25 AM
Post #31

I stepped out due to internet issues before the big explosion happened so I don't know what went down. It does seem so quiet around here these days though. Sad, this used to be such a vibrant place full of awesome women (a few cool dudes too!). Oh well, I still have internet issues so I don't spend a lot of time online at all anymore.

Did Tesao leave us for good? She was such fun...

+Quote Post
zoya
post Apr 27 2010, 10:18 AM
Post #32

uh huh.

yeah, it's a bummer. After the last tr**l invasion and subsequent shitstorm, a lot of the long time busties gravitated to the FB group. I, for one, don't dig posting there. I have no desire to post some of the private thoughts I do here, under my own name and identity. I like the anonymity of the lounge. Plus I've been here so long, I don't want to give up on it. So I'm holding out. I lurk more than I post these days, but I do post now and then, and I am most definitely here.

so stick around, damona!!!

+Quote Post
damona
post Apr 27 2010, 03:44 AM
Post #33

can i go to bed now?

*tiptoes in*

wow. it's so quiet around here. what the hell happened to the lounge? this is downright scary, y'all. i see a few familiar names, but, damn...

i missed you guys.

*tiptoes out*

--------------------
"give me life, give me pain, give me myself again" - tori amos

+Quote Post
koffeewitch
post Apr 14 2010, 10:34 AM
Post #34

Hardcore BUSTie

AP, you're one of the few OG busties who stuck around.
The lounge just ain't the Lounge anymore. sad.gif

--------------------
"The U.S. is the only nation on Earth to pass from barbarism into decadence without once passing through an era of civilization."

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Apr 9 2010, 10:25 PM
Post #35

Big Fat Bitch

There are so many gone. *sniff*

--------------------

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jan 15 2010, 02:12 PM
Post #36

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

I sent amilita a note on FB to find you, Doodle.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jan 15 2010, 01:37 PM
Post #37

Big Fat Bitch

I know she is on the FB, haven't seen her 'round these parts, though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Jan 15 2010, 01:04 PM
Post #38

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

Anyone seen amilita? I wanted to let her know I'm FINALLY using the blue fabric she sent me....like, four or five years ago! tongue.gif

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jan 4 2010, 02:36 AM
Post #39

new highs in personal lows daily!

nope. nothing from pretty in pink. she and i were supposed to hang out, but it never happened. things were iffy, and then she disappeared. i hope she is good. :/

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Dec 30 2009, 03:34 AM
Post #40

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

stoopid double post!

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 21, 2014 - 03:41 AM