Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

106 Pages V  « < 103 104 105 106 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Corn Cob Up My Ass: Pet Peeves 7
ginger_kitty
post May 15 2006, 07:00 PM
Post #2081

Hardcore BUSTie

cob: Hit and run drivers. I am fine but my car has looked better. Bastards!

--------------------
-We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.

-What we think, we become.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lilacwine13
post May 15 2006, 05:00 PM
Post #2082

Ambassador from the Republic of Cocktailland

I know, running. I don't like people automatically assuming I'm going to care about their kid when I barely know them in the first place.

Cob: going into a Barnes & Noble and seeing all the music mags lumped under "Men's Interest." Since when did women stop listening to music?

--------------------
All I know is that I don't know nothing.--Op Ivy

+Quote Post
runningwestward
post May 15 2006, 02:53 PM
Post #2083

Hardcore BUSTie

cob: people who bring their baby into work and expect you to leap up from your desk to oohh and aaah over it. And when you don't (because a) you don't really know the woman and b) you don't really like babies anyways) they glare at you as you continue to try to work as they jabber on and on with other people in the office about baby vomit and poop and feeding and clothes.

+Quote Post
bklynhermit
post May 15 2006, 10:34 AM
Post #2084

Hardcore BUSTie

cob: knowing i'm a perfect fit for a listed job, sending my kickass resume and kickass cover letter with references who ADORE me, and still never getting a call. even for an interview.

+Quote Post
tyger
post May 14 2006, 08:38 PM
Post #2085

Hardcore BUSTie

cob: having a minimum wage job where i get the smallest number of hours you can legally give an employee (2)

cob: finding a mixtape from some girl in my ex-boyfriend's car and realizing just how much i've been lying to myself for the last six months

+Quote Post
amilita
post May 14 2006, 09:58 AM
Post #2086

Me-yow!

Oh, I hear ya, amazon! I vowed never to do another one after my last, where I made like $20 or something.

+Quote Post
amazonprincess
post May 13 2006, 12:42 PM
Post #2087

BUSTie

Cob: the yard sale we have going on (as I type). so much work for so little return.

+Quote Post
danilu
post May 13 2006, 10:54 AM
Post #2088

having two fucking jobs and not knowing where the fuck your money goes... food gas and so on, but what about everything else, i dont have children or any other responsabilities besides myself and yet i find that i am always budgeting GrRrR

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post May 11 2006, 07:04 PM
Post #2089

Pacifism kicks ass!

Cob: Car shopping. And all that that entails. Uuuuuuuggggggghhhhhhh.

+Quote Post
sidecar
post May 11 2006, 11:37 AM
Post #2090

Queen of the underground

Insurance. I hate all insurance. The only people benefitting from insurance are insurance companies. They have no problem taking my money but really don't want to deliver on the health care they're supposed to provide.

Biggest pain in the ass, ever.

+Quote Post
lilacwine13
post May 10 2006, 10:48 PM
Post #2091

Ambassador from the Republic of Cocktailland

Yeah, I've gotten that so many times from people. It makes me want to tell that I've gained weight from the last time they saw me.

--------------------
All I know is that I don't know nothing.--Op Ivy

+Quote Post
bklynhermit
post May 10 2006, 06:32 PM
Post #2092

Hardcore BUSTie

it's ok, doodlebug.

the only compliment anyone in my family can ever think to give me is, "wow! you've lost weight!"

when i've never had a weight problem. have not recently gone on any kind of diet. perhaps lost 5 pounds or maybe i just had my period last time i saw them.

in the past year i have graduated from college, gotten a kickass start on my dream career, in a relatively high profile industry, moved into my first grownup apartment, and all they can think of to say is, "oh, you look so thin!"

fucked up, man.

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post May 10 2006, 03:10 PM
Post #2093

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

Long-standing cob that is now reaching frustrating proportions:

I don't get why, when you do something - anything - different to your appearance (cut your hair, wear new clothes, do your makeup differently)...when you have any excess flesh whatsover, the first, FIRST thing people say to you is, "You look great, how much weight have you lost?"

ARRGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Fuck off and die! No wonder I had a fucking eating disorder!!!

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
lot49
post May 10 2006, 10:30 AM
Post #2094

Hardcore BUSTie

cob: women who would prefer to spray public toilets with their urine than sit their precious thighs on a clean seat. Note: I am not blaming anyone if the seat is already gross. But if you go into an airport restroom, and the seat is dry, grab a seat protector and just sit the eff down. Your pee will go where it's supposed to, and the seat will remain dry for she who follows you. You are not going to catch a disease. You are more likely to catch something from the door handle or the sink knob.

end rant

+Quote Post
ginger_kitty
post May 6 2006, 11:49 AM
Post #2095

Hardcore BUSTie

I feel your pain, miss jane!

cob: shopping for swimsuits. It's like volunteering to go to hell. I have a nice body but trying to pair tops and bottoms made me feel like a freak of nature! Tiny boob/wide hips, four stores and 20 suits later, I wasn't even all that thrilled to find a really cool swim out fit. And I don't even know how to swim, its just for hanging out in my friends hot tub, it was a day of extra special torture!

--------------------
-We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.

-What we think, we become.

+Quote Post
miss_jane
post May 4 2006, 03:07 PM
Post #2096

BUSTie

cob: Womens clothing being in stupid fucking sizes. Why can't we just have normally sized clothes, like men do. I know what my waist measure, and my hips, and my boobs. I do not know which stupid size this corresponds to and in which shop this changes. Argh!

+Quote Post
mornington
post May 4 2006, 02:36 PM
Post #2097

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

cob: people who bring babies to gigs (ok, she put headphones on it) in fucking pushchairs. hello? it's an in-store gig. there's not enough space for people, let alone a pushchair that takes up twice as much space as a person. Have you not heard of babysitters?

+Quote Post
vnoa3
post May 3 2006, 11:37 PM
Post #2098

BUSTie

Cob: (Others have mentioned it) insufficient health insurance or policies that are pointless.

+Quote Post
bustygirl
post May 3 2006, 02:37 PM
Post #2099

Hardcore BUSTie

NO FUCKING FREE TIME.

And no one, not my husband, not my friends, and DEFINITELY not my family, seems to understand that. Everybody bitches that I don't have time for them, and then tries to add shit to an already overloaded schedule. Here's a fucking idea, how about if you want to see me, you HELP with the chores/lawncare/shipping/bill paying/diapering/food shopping/car maintaining/housecleaning/laundry/supply buying/pet feeding/baby care/sewing/paperwork/website updating/craft fair preparation/trash, etc.?

Here's a thought. When I am finally done with all the shit I have to do, guess what? If I do all this without much help, I'm going to feel pretty free in doing what I want with my free time. If I don't feel like going to a thousand work/friend/family birthday functions a month, I'm not gonna.

You can be mad at me all you want. People have been mad at me my whole life, and so far it hasn't killed me yet.

+Quote Post
battygurl
post May 3 2006, 01:36 PM
Post #2100

Hardcore BUSTie

cob: only having a computer to play my DVDs on, instead of a proper DVD player. Every once in awhile I get DVDs that don't work. This time, I got the first 2 discs of Queer as Folk from my library, and the second disc will play, but the first won't. Annoying!

--------------------
Tears are curious things, for like earthquakes or puppet shows they can occur at any time, without any warning, and without any good reason. --Lemony Snicket

+Quote Post

106 Pages V  « < 103 104 105 106 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 22, 2014 - 11:51 AM