Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 236 237 238 239 240 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
sassy
post Oct 18 2006, 07:19 PM
Post #4741

Hardcore BUSTie

Yay to jewels! I have a rash as well, but of course I get weird random things all the time so it can definately be completely unrelated. Let us know if your blood work says anything.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Oct 18 2006, 07:00 PM
Post #4742

Hardcore BUSTie

Ok everyone. Went to the doctor today, and spilled the beans on the Boric. I cannot believe how scared I was. I practiced for an hour what I was going to say!! And while I was talking to her, it was as if I was having an outer body experience, like it wasn't me really speaking. Why the hell are we so scared to talk about this?? She seemed discouraged herself with B.V. and is at a loss as to why we get it and it won't go away. She had never heard of the Boric as helping and was actually very excited about it and she said she's going to do research on it, to help other patients.

As far as the rash, she said it is DEFINATELY NOT FROM THE BORIC. So I'm thanking the good Lord for that one!! She said had it been from the boric, it would not have taken close to two months to show itself. She also does not believe that it is from the products I use, because of the fact that it is in localized area's. She sent me for some blood work, and she's thinking that I have like a staff infection (internally), and that is what's causing the rash.

She's going to do some research on my rash in the meantime and wants to see me back in a week or two, depending on if it get's worse or not. Anyways, I get to go back on the Boric!! Yeah!!

+Quote Post
D double U
post Oct 18 2006, 05:17 PM
Post #4743

BUSTie

Thanx for sharing Latin

+Quote Post
klee
post Oct 18 2006, 03:16 PM
Post #4744

BUSTie

I know people have talked about apple cider vinegar before but I just tried drinking it recently. I drop about a teaspoon or so into half a glass of water in the morning and again at night for two days. You could drink it this way before every meal as well. I'm crossing my fingers because I was definitely on my way to a full blown infection after my period and after using a mild acv vaginal wash...not really a douche but did some yoga in my shower to get it in the kitty. I did this w/just salt water for two days which helped inflammation and yesterday w/salt and acv. The smell and discharge is gone??!! I won't do any more washes since I think you're suppose to minimize the number of times you do that but will continue the drinking the acv every day and after my next period, I hope to have good news.

+Quote Post
latinrican
post Oct 18 2006, 08:41 AM
Post #4745

BUSTie

Just wanted to share this with you all... I was browsing around the net and found this.

Question:
I am looking for a home remedy for Bacterial Vaginosis. Is there anyone out there that knows one that works?

Answer:
Definitely do the pure cranberry juice. It should take about two days before you feel some relief. Yogurt is also a good option, but make sure it is plain yogurt. I know, it doesn't taste so good without sugar, but the bacteria feeds off of sugar so stay away from it. This is also why you need pure cranberry juice and not like a cranberry juice mix. You should also just stay away from sugar in general for a couple of days. Oh, and drink plenty of water. Hang in there.

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view.php/22015

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Oct 17 2006, 08:18 AM
Post #4746

Hardcore BUSTie

Yeah, that's what I thought Sassy. Because I know I started the boric in July, and I did not get the rash until the end of August. So, I also find it hard to believe that it's related to the Boric. Because I have it for so long now, I'm starting to pin down a few things. 1. My job, which is stressfull. 2. The location I've been working in. I started working there towards the end of August. And I'm wondering if there's something in the air there that's making me break out like this. Then my last resort, is the boric. Since it was entered Vaginally, maybe it took a while to get through my systom and that is why it's in different area's of my body. Oh well, who knows. I do know that the B.V. is back with a vengeance, and there's nothing I can do about it right now. And that sucks.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Oct 17 2006, 04:53 AM
Post #4747

Hardcore BUSTie

I haven't used boric for about 3 weeks now and my rash on my left leg is still there, but it is fading. It sounds a bit different than jewels rash. The skin isn't red...I just have dots or bug-bite size bumps.

Jewels: I hope everything goes well at the doctor. I would find it hard to believe anything was really wrong related to the boric if you stopped it so long ago. Most allergic reactions occur in the first 24-hours of using a product. I don't know what would cause your symptoms, though.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Oct 16 2006, 11:22 PM
Post #4748

Hardcore BUSTie

No I have not. Went to the doctor today and they had me waiting for over 45 Minutes. Had to leave because I had a meeting to get to. Rescheduled for Wed. I'm going to tell them about the Boric. Rash is getting better on my left arm, still spreading and worse on the right arm. Forehead is better, in certain area's. Where the rash was, it's bright red, and still rash below it, spreading towards my temples. Strangling feeling comes and goes. Seems the more stress I have, the worse it gets. Anyways, that's all for now.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 16 2006, 11:51 AM
Post #4749

Hardcore BUSTie

jewelscando: have you been checked for sugar or glucose intolerance?

+Quote Post
D double U
post Oct 16 2006, 12:31 AM
Post #4750

BUSTie

an hour

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 15 2006, 08:01 PM
Post #4751

Hardcore BUSTie

Well ladies..........I went to the hospital today and my blood pressure was 161/100 and I had to stop the diet pills and birth control until I can see my regular doctor.This sucks! I hope it's just the trim spa.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Oct 15 2006, 01:17 PM
Post #4752

Hardcore BUSTie

and how long do you leave it in?

+Quote Post
D double U
post Oct 15 2006, 10:19 AM
Post #4753

BUSTie

Slice them like you would potato wedges and peel them. Slice it in a way that will comfortable fit your vagina. And they were regular potatoes. She only used one but I dunno that if you add more it may increase effectiveness

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Oct 15 2006, 10:02 AM
Post #4754

Hardcore BUSTie

Yes, please find out. Becuase I eat potato's all the time, and I know I'm not allergic to that!! I want to try it also, since I know longer can use the boric. By the way, anybody want mine? I have two bottles and two bags of 00 caps!!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 14 2006, 10:47 PM
Post #4755

Hardcore BUSTie

Just something I thought you all would like to read.

Vaginal pH as a marker for bacterial pathogens and menopausal status.

Caillouette JC, Sharp CF Jr, Zimmerman GJ, Roy S.

Loma Linda University, Pasadena, CA, USA.

OBJECTIVE: Our purpose was to confirm the elevation of vaginal pH expected in patients with bacterial pathogens in premenopausal women and to examine the relationship of serum follicle-stimulating hormone and estradiol levels to vaginal pH in menopausal patients without and with hormone replacement therapy. STUDY DESIGN: Vaginal pH was determined by phenaphthazine (Nitrazine) pH paper in 253 patients seen in a solo private practice for routine speculum examination. None of the patients were pregnant. Measurements were made of serum levels of follicle-stimulating hormone and estradiol for 172 patients and vaginal cultures were taken from 82 patients. Vaginal pH was correlated with vaginal cultures and serum follicle-stimulating hormone and estradiol levels by use of statistical analysis. RESULTS: Vaginal pH was elevated in all premenopausal patients with documented bacterial pathogens. Serum estradiol levels showed an inverse and serum follicle-stimulating hormone levels a direct statistical correlation with vaginal pH in menopausal patients. CONCLUSIONS: Measurement of vaginal pH is useful, effective, and inexpensive for screening purposes. A vaginal pH of 4.5 is consistent with a premenopausal serum estradiol level and the absence of bacterial pathogens. An elevated vaginal pH in the 5.0 to 6.5 range suggests a diagnosis of either bacterial pathogens or decreased serum estradiol. In patients with an elevated pH, vaginal culture should establish the diagnosis. In the absence of bacterial pathogens, a vaginal pH of 6.0 to 7.5 is strongly suggestive of menopause. Titration of estradiol level by vaginal pH during estrogen replacement therapy may help menopausal women avoid side effects or cessation of therapy.

High numbers of peri- and postmenopausal women had no lactobacilli and no bacterial-vaginosis-associated microorganisms. This nonpathological absence of lactobacilli in women with a Nugent score of 4 was scored as 4, and this group was considered separately from the intermediate flora group. A score of 4 was obtained for 2.1% of fertile women, 11.4% of perimenopausal women, 44.1% of postmenopausal women without HRT, and 6.9% of postmenopausal women with HRT. The physiological reduction in lactobacillus colonization of the vagina in postmenopausal women does not cause an increase in bacterial-vaginosis prevalence. Reversion of lactobacillus flora to premenopausal levels due to HRT does not increase the prevalence of bacterial vaginosis in postmenopausal women.

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Oct 14 2006, 10:01 PM
Post #4756

BUSTie

QUOTE(D double U @ Oct 14 2006, 12:06 PM) *

She sliced it thin, not too thin and inserted for an hour.

What kind of potato? Did she peel it first? Was it sliced lengthwise like french fry width or matchstick thin? Or was it sliced into medallions? How many slices?
Please find out. I'm actually going to try this. Can't hurt might help, right?

I'm insane

And if it doesn't work maybe I'll go for the onion

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Oct 14 2006, 01:03 PM
Post #4757

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks everyone! I will definatley keep you all posted.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 14 2006, 11:02 AM
Post #4758

Hardcore BUSTie

D double U: I'm sorry I meant no harm! It's just I've never heard of that before.

+Quote Post
D double U
post Oct 14 2006, 10:49 AM
Post #4759

BUSTie

Well why the hell would anything work? Why would Boric Acid work? Obviously there's something in it that kills bacteria. Potatos have also been known to cure fevers. She got the idea from her mother. She sliced it thin, not too thin and inserted for an hour.

Jewels,

We're here for support. Hope all goes well on Monday

and If you think you'll do better with an onion, go right ahead

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Oct 13 2006, 09:02 PM
Post #4760

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey everyone. Made a doctors appt on Monday at 8:45. Don't know if I'll make it that long, this strangling feeling is about to kill me. My rash is 10X's worse. And now I have massive discharge, clumpy. The smell is still there, and I've been off Boric for over 3 weeks. I'm pretty positive I'm having a serious reaction to the boric. I think it's like everything, what works for one, doesn't always work for another. And unfortunately, even the boric works, I'm alergice to it. I'm going to take the boric with me to the doctor. I went online and found out that the strangling feeling may be related to my heart. I'm now officially scared.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 236 237 238 239 240 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 18, 2014 - 08:48 PM