Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

43 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The BUST General Knowledge Base
candycane_girl
post Nov 15 2009, 08:25 PM
Post #21

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks ladies. I'll try to figure out which word fits best with what I'm writing.

Tree, I seem to have the same problem only it's with my hand towels in the bathroom! I don't know if maybe I just wash my hands too much and they never get a chance to fully dry out or what. It's like, even after washing them the second that I actually use them they have that moldy smell again. Also some of them are no longer soft and they have kind of a rough feeling. I don't know if it's because they are cheap or what.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zoya
post Nov 15 2009, 07:43 PM
Post #22

uh huh.

...juvenile??

+Quote Post
girl_logic
post Nov 15 2009, 06:05 PM
Post #23

Hardcore BUSTie

A person like that can also be called a naif.

--------------------
There are years that ask questions and years that answer. - zora neale hurston

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Nov 15 2009, 06:01 PM
Post #24

(o)(o)

Are you letting your wet towels sit in the washer for a while before throwing them in the dryer?

I know a woman who puts vinegar in with her towels. I wash with cold water. So does she, in fact.

CCG what about immature? Infantile? Innocent? Callow... umm naive?

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
girl_logic
post Nov 15 2009, 06:00 PM
Post #25

Hardcore BUSTie

Treehugger, maybe try a blend of Baking soda and an essential oil (Lavender is a good germ killer) in the next load.

--------------------
There are years that ask questions and years that answer. - zora neale hurston

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Nov 15 2009, 05:56 PM
Post #26

cryostat bitch

I'll ponder it, CCG.

Okay, this is driving me nuts. My bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths all STINK. Right out of the laundry they stink. And I don't separate them from my clothes or anything-and my clothes don't come out stinky. Nothing stinks except my bath towels. My dishtowels don't stink.

I've even tried separating all the bath towels out and washing them in a separate load in really hot water, and they still have a funk. Any suggestions on why this might be happening, or how to get the funk out of them?

By "funk", I guess I'd say sort of a moldy locker room / gym socks kind of smell.

I have dishtowels that are made from the same terry-cloth fabric and they do not develop the funk. They are newer, though.

I'm about ready to toss the old towels and get new ones.

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Nov 15 2009, 05:46 PM
Post #27

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi ladies. Can anyone think of a word for a girl who acts like a child all the time? I mean, besides just the adjective of childish. I'm trying to write an essay on The Big Sleep (the novel, not the movie) and how women are depicted. Right now I'm doing the character of Carmen.

+Quote Post
gogosgirl
post Oct 20 2009, 05:02 PM
Post #28

Hardcore BUSTie

hey chicas -- not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I'm at work and don't have my current issue with me. I'd like to give the ingredient list for the homemade candy corn to a co-worker...can anyone post it for me? thanks!

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 15 2009, 07:22 AM
Post #29

Big Fat Bitch

Yeah, I read that one, too. That gal is on a lot of allergy meds! I take Benadryl, a one a day, fish oil, & a potassium supplement. I already eat a LOT of veg, particularly the leafy greens. Kale, spinach, cabbage, brussels sprouts, various lettuces, collards, etc.

The acid thing may be the culprit. The green beans this summer were tasty & plentiful & I kinda went pickle mad with them. But I've been eating them that way since spring, though & the toilet turn has been recent, just the past month or two.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Oct 14 2009, 09:14 PM
Post #30

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Weird.

Not that I doubted your googling powers, AP, but I had to google it myself...my sympathies to you for having to wade through all those annoying pregnant women...I did find this one though. Maybe you should get some acid testing strips.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 14 2009, 05:25 PM
Post #31

Big Fat Bitch

No fucking clue. Nobody had a satisfactory answer. From my research the problem has been posited by pretty much 100% women, one woman even said that she'd had two turn on her, but only in the "girl's bathroom".

But literally, the only things that popped up on google about colour changing toilet seats were on pregnancy sites or answer sites where the person asking was indeed pregnant or at least female. Outside of the obvious factors (cleansers/solvents, hairspray, perfume, lotions, fabric dye, etc) some suggested hormones, others suggested prenatal vitamins.

I tried getting hits on other colours (pink & blue) as we all see things differently, blue seats seem to be most commonly attributed to new jeans leaving dye on the skin. Which makes sense. But it's not blue. It's fucking PURPLE. And shaped like my ass & thighs.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Oct 14 2009, 12:31 PM
Post #32

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

What is it about being pregnant that turns the seat purple?

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 14 2009, 06:49 AM
Post #33

Big Fat Bitch

Nope. The enamel is in perfect condition except for turning purple. No chips, no cracks, nada. And like I said, this isn't a new phenomena from what I've been able to google. It just seems to happen to pregnant women. And I am NOT pregnant.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mumblestutter
post Oct 13 2009, 09:17 PM
Post #34

Hardcore BUSTie

super weird. my wild guesses - 1. maybe the enamel is coming off the toilet seat & it's made out of something purple? 2. maybe they didn't use the usual sort of paint? maybe some sort of oxidation process is occurring? if copper can turn green and iron can turn orange, i suppose there could be something out there that turns purple when exposed to air, water or sweat.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 13 2009, 06:55 PM
Post #35

Big Fat Bitch

Nothing has changed. Same cleansers as always in the bath. Same Lush soaps, bodywashes, lotions, etc on my body. My water is rock hard. Seriously. NOTHING has changed. But my toilet seat is now purple.

--------------------

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Oct 13 2009, 05:41 PM
Post #36

cryostat bitch

you haven't switched cleansers, as in toilet cleansers? Have you switched body soaps or lotions? Could they be leaving a residue on your skin that's reacting with either the paint on the toilet seat, the plastic it's made of, or with the cleansers you're using on the toilet? Is your water softener working right? (leaving residue on your skin, again.) Chemical reactions can be pretty complex.

But, yeah, that's a really weird one.

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 13 2009, 02:48 PM
Post #37

Big Fat Bitch

Okay. I hope you have a drink in hand because this? Is a weird one. About a month or two ago I noticed something funny in my bathroom. My toilet seat started changing colours. Like, where my ass goes on it. You can even see a little cleft at the top. It used to be white, now it's ultraviolet. I'd been sitting on the thing for a year & a half before the change started! I've looked it up to no avail. The only info I seem to be able to find is on, gulp, pregnancy sites. Now, I know there ain't no buns in my oven, so what gives? I did have some weird hormone fluctuations over the summer, but turning my toilet seat purple? I haven't switched cleansers, blahblahblah. There has been no change in toilet routine. WTF?

--------------------

+Quote Post
zoya
post Oct 8 2009, 02:18 PM
Post #38

uh huh.

tree, I have never had that problem with crying, but I used to be really terrified of even having any confrontation, to the point that I would just freeze up and either avoid the confrontation completely, or I'd just not be able to say anything to the other person. What helped me (and i know this might sound kind of dumb, but it worked for me...) was to think to myself that I'm an actress in this situation, playing a part. It helped me completely detach from the situation and not place any value on it other than just "playing the scene," so my emotions didn't get wrapped up in it at all (or very much) I don't know if that makes any sense at all, but yeah, I would just imagine that I'm in acting class or acting in a movie or something, and I'm playing this part, somehow it would help - cause it was like it wasn't really me doing it.

I sound completely nuts, I know, but somehow it really does help to detach yourself from it.

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Oct 8 2009, 02:17 PM
Post #39

Hardcore BUSTie

Guttmacher ? Their focus is reproductive health, but it's a reliable source for those statistics, so maybe it's a place to start.

i don't now how to stop a crying storm from coming..... tears are second nature to me too when i'm frustrated.

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Oct 8 2009, 12:49 PM
Post #40

new highs in personal lows daily!

perhaps, tree you ought not to worry about crying and try a different approach. instead of explaining, try a sharp verbal reproach. like "are you really that stupid?" or "take your head out of your ass." don't explain or say anymore, just convey the idea that they fucked up. i know this might sound strange, but with guys it works really well, sociologically, that is how they play, so a terse. "knock it off." or some phrase gets the point across, you walk away or push them out of the way, and do it yourself, would work better. later you can explain what needs to be done when you are not feeling as heated. remember:short sharp. keep your words few, and walk away. come back later and explain. you might also try [sigh] or [tsk] ing in displeasure. or even loud, "not. cool." would work. better yet, a "don't. fuck. with. my. shit." treat them like a dog or a child that needs a newspaper rap on the nose.

hope that helps.

meh. i think i'm just feeling bitchy today.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post

43 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 25, 2014 - 12:45 AM