Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 154 155 156 157 158 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
jewelscando
post Jun 29 2007, 03:20 AM
Post #3101

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey everyone, if you go under Lori's name, click on her profile, you can selet to ignore her...it WORKS!! I can't see any of her posts which is fine with me....So...for those who are tired of her....hit ignore...and we can get back to being a support group, rather then a bitch fest... tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lori
post Jun 29 2007, 12:46 AM
Post #3102

Hardcore BUSTie

cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jun 29 2007, 12:04 AM
Post #3103

Hardcore BUSTie

[
Oh no, I meant to insult just you and Jewels.
[/quote]

Let me guess...you didn't say that? I haven't posted on here for awhile. Why do you need to insult me?? Because I found something that worked for me?? So, I'm wrong?? I'm using the Flagyl under a doctors knowledge, who told me it was ok, and I'm wrong? What is wrong with you Lori?? ABSOLUTELY AMAZING THAT YOU WOULD KNOW THAT LADIES NAME WHEN..........................YOU WEREN'T HERE WHEN IT HAPPENED....BUT LET ME GUESS....YOU'VE READ EVERY PAGE SINCE THE END OF TIME...CAUSE YOU HAVE NO LIFE??? OR....IS B.V. YOUR LIFE?? ARE YOU A DOCTOR?? ARE YOU DOING A STUDY?? WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND HAS THE TIME TO READ BACK FROM WELL OVER A YEAR AGO?? Hmmm..

Anyways....I really don't care about all of this...I care about my friends that I have made on here...and since you have come to the board Lori...you have upset not only me, but just about everyone on here....

FOR THE RECORD.....THERE IS NO CURE FOR RE-OCCURING B.V. There is medication that you can take....BUT IT IS NOT A CURE FOR RE-OCCURING.....Get your shit straight...if it was a cure...WE WOULDN'T BE HERE TODAY!!! SOMETHING THAT CURES SOMETHING...DOESN'T KEEP RE-OCCURING. If I have Strep throat...and I take Penicillin...it cures it...it's gone...it doesn't keep coming back, month after month after month...that my dear is a cure...If your one of the lucky woman in the world who get's it one time..and the meds work...YES THAT'S A CURE....BUT THAT IS DIFFERENT THEN WHAT MOST OF US ON HERE HAVE WHICH IS RE-OCCURING!!!!

FROM WEB MD:

Bacterial Vaginosis - Topic Overview
Bacterial vaginosis causes specific symptoms that can be different from two other common types of vaginal infections, vaginal yeast infection and trichomoniasis. It is possible to have more than one type of vaginal infection at the same time. For more information on the other types, see the topics Vaginal Yeast Infections and Trichomoniasis

What is bacterial vaginosis?
Bacterial vaginosis is a change in the balance of bacteria that are normally present in the vagina, which can cause bothersome symptoms. It is the most common cause of vaginal symptoms in women of childbearing age.

Bacterial vaginosis is sometimes linked to hormonal changes; it is more common after menstruation. Nearly 1 in 4 pregnant women are diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis....THERE YOU GO NEVER ENDING!!!

From this website: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacterial_vaginosis

In a randomized controlled trial,[9] researchers found the efficacy of 0.75% metronidazole vaginal gel in treating bacterial vaginosis (cure rate 70.7%) was equivalent to that of standard oral metronidazole treatment (cure rate 71%). Treatment with vaginal metronidazole gel was associated with fewer gastrointestinal complaints

http://www.herpes-coldsores.com/std/bacterial_vaginosis.htm

Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) can be difficult to cure using either conventional or alternative treatments

YOUR NOT THE ONLY PERSON WHO DOES RESEARCH LORI. WE ARE ALL HERE TO HELP EACH OTHER. WHY CAN'T YOU JUST PM PEOPLE IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY???? NOBODY DIED AND MADE YOU QUEEN MOTHER BOARD..NOBODY HAS ASKED YOU TO PROTECT THEM FROM MAKING A WRONG MOVE, OR PROTECT THEM FROM STICKING SOMETHING UP THERE VAGINAS. THIS IS A MESSAGE BOARD...HERE TO GIVE EACH OTHER SUPPORT...NOT TO HAVE TO BE TORN DOWN BY YOU EVERYTIME SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING. DO YOU NOT THINK ANY OF US ARE SMART ENOUGH IN HERE TO DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE WE TRY SOMETHING???????

THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME I REPLY TO YOU LORI, REGARDLESS OF YOUR NEXT COMEBACK...BUT...AS WE ALL KNOW...MS. LORI HAS TO HAVE THE LAST WORD....EITHER WAY...YOU MEAN NOTHING TO ME, JUST AS I MEAN NOTHING TO YOU....EVENTUALLY...YOU WILL GO AWAY...BECAUSE THE LADIES ON HERE WILL ALL GET SMART AND BLOCK YOU.... LIKE I AN RIGHT NOW...

+Quote Post
pympmama1
post Jun 28 2007, 11:05 PM
Post #3104

BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Jun 28 2007, 09:01 PM) *
Lori....

I was reading through the post today, and thought...wow...I can't believe they are fighting again...AND LOW AND BEHOLD...ITS FUCKING YOU AGAIN STARTING SHIT!!!

Fuck you Lori...YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY SHIT ABOUT ME, OR BRING UP MY NAME. I have stayed away, like I said I would...and you're still fucking bad mouthing me.

I NEVER INSISTED ANYONE FOLLOW MY LEAD, NOR DID NEVERENDING OR PIANO GIRL. FLAGYL VAGINALLY WORKED FOR ME BITCH!!! DO YOU HAVE ANY CLUE WHAT A RELIEF THAT IS????

OF COURSE NOT...BECAUSE YOU ARE A FAKE LORI...YOU DO NOT SUFFER FROM B.V. IF YOU DID...AND YOU HAD TRUE B.V....YOU WOULD BE RIGHT THERE WITH US STICKING EVERYTHING FROM A TO Z UP YOUR SNATCH TRYING TO GET RID OF THE SHIT. YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T HAVE A SEX LIFE, THEREFORE YOU COULD CARE LESS WHAT YOUR SNATCH SMELLS LIKE...

Lori won't go away guys...she's probably being paid by someone...or she's a wanta be doctor looking for patients...and this is the only way she can get them.

THIS IS WHY I'M NO LONGER HERE...IT WENT FROM "BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS -- OR -- EMBARRASSING BAD SMELL....TO "LORI'S BLOG...JUST CLICK UNDER HER SIGNATURE"....

Jewels Don't leave u have been here longer than me.... and u r needed here tongue.gif

+Quote Post
lori
post Jun 28 2007, 07:34 PM
Post #3105

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Jun 28 2007, 06:40 PM) *
EVERYONE...THIS PERSON LORI...IS THAT SAME BITCH THAT WAS ON HERE A YEAR AGO...SASSY..NEVERENDING...WHAT WAS THAT LADIES NAME???? SERIOUSLY..THINK ABOUT IT.....SHE'S JUST AS CONDENSCENDING AS THAT BITCH WAS, MINUS THE HOLISTIC BULL SHIT....I WOULD BET ALOT OF MONEY ON IT!!!!!!!

I think you're talking about "chachaheels."

I think that person still posts around here, just not in this thread. Anyway, that is not me. In fact, she advised some members to STOP taking their prescription meds, which I would never do.

(What I have said is that people should not buy meds online without a prescription. Very different thing.)

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Jun 28 2007, 06:40 PM) *
KEEP MY NAME OFF YOUR MOUTH...I'M ASKING YOU NICELY...

You're not asking me nicely.

Anyway, I didn't bring your name up first. So blame them, not me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jun 28 2007, 07:23 PM
Post #3106

Hardcore BUSTie

Lori...I didn't start anything..you are the one who brought MY NAME into an argument you were having with NeverEnding...Why DO YOU NEED TO BRING ME UP?? What the hell?

And...WHAT IS A COCK??? Does ANYONE REALLY USE THAT WORD ANYMORE?? AND WHO WAS BRAGGING??? NOT ME....It HAD EVERYTHING TO DO WITH MY B.V.!!! The SIZE DID MATTER IN MY CASE.. because it was causing me to become raw...hence...bacteria...hence B.V. You know for someone who claims to be so smart...you're a dumb ass..

EVERYONE...THIS PERSON LORI...IS THAT SAME BITCH THAT WAS ON HERE A YEAR AGO...SASSY..NEVERENDING...WHAT WAS THAT LADIES NAME???? SERIOUSLY..THINK ABOUT IT.....SHE'S JUST AS CONDENSCENDING AS THAT BITCH WAS, MINUS THE HOLISTIC BULL SHIT....I WOULD BET ALOT OF MONEY ON IT!!!!!!!

I DON'T POST HERE ANYMORE LORI...I ONLY READ AND PM PEOPLE. KEEP MY NAME OFF YOUR MOUTH...I'M ASKING YOU NICELY...

+Quote Post
lori
post Jun 28 2007, 07:07 PM
Post #3107

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Jun 28 2007, 06:01 PM) *
I was reading through the post today, and thought...wow...I can't believe they are fighting again...AND LOW AND BEHOLD...ITS FUCKING YOU AGAIN STARTING SHIT!!!

Looks like you're the one who's starting shit again.

And it wasn't me starting shit in the first place. Did I cuss anyone out? No. Did I call anyone names? No. Just expressing my views. THESE ARE THE FACTS. It's not my fault that some people can't handle criticism without screaming their heads off "go to fucking hell you fucking bitch fuckity-fuck-fuck!"

I can't be responsible for other people's immaturity and lack of intelligence.

IF YOU DID...AND YOU HAD TRUE B.V....YOU WOULD BE RIGHT THERE WITH US STICKING EVERYTHING FROM A TO Z UP YOUR SNATCH TRYING TO GET RID OF THE SHIT.

No, that's very unsafe. I care about my body.

YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T HAVE A SEX LIFE, THEREFORE YOU COULD CARE LESS WHAT YOUR SNATCH SMELLS LIKE...

Oh, so should I brag about how big my boyfriend's cock is? You know, like you do?

I don't know how that's going to help anyone ...

Anyway, I've been saying all along that the I'm more focused on overall health - especially the bad health consequences of BV. I want everyone to be aware that it's not just about the smell. (And if you're healthy, the smell will go away too!) I'm about finding ways to treat the condition, not just deodorizing your vagina.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jun 28 2007, 06:44 PM
Post #3108

Hardcore BUSTie

Lori....

Fuck you Lori...YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY SHIT ABOUT ME, OR BRING UP MY NAME. I have stayed away, like I said I would...and you're still fucking bad mouthing me.

I NEVER INSISTED ANYONE FOLLOW MY LEAD, NOR DID NEVERENDING OR PIANO GIRL. FLAGYL VAGINALLY WORKED FOR ME BITCH!!! DO YOU HAVE ANY CLUE WHAT A RELIEF THAT IS????

OF COURSE NOT...BECAUSE YOU ARE A FAKE LORI...YOU DO NOT SUFFER FROM B.V. IF YOU DID...AND YOU HAD TRUE B.V....YOU WOULD BE RIGHT THERE WITH US STICKING EVERYTHING FROM A TO Z UP YOUR SNATCH TRYING TO GET RID OF THE SHIT. YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T HAVE A SEX LIFE, THEREFORE YOU COULD CARE LESS WHAT YOUR SNATCH SMELLS LIKE...

Lori won't go away guys...she's probably being paid by someone...or she's a wanta be doctor looking for patients...and this is the only way she can get them.

THIS IS WHY I'M NO LONGER HERE...IT WENT FROM "BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS -- OR -- EMBARRASSING BAD SMELL....TO "LORI'S BLOG...JUST CLICK UNDER HER SIGNATURE"....

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Jun 28 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #3109

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Jun 27 2007, 10:12 AM) *
Hun if you listen to Lori you'll never figure out what's wrong with you and you will be here another year. I had BV/HORMONAL vag! Plan and simple. I had the shit, fish, tuna, trash, ammonia, and even the popcorn smell. I had the white milky discharge. Everything that you ladies are going through, I've been there. TRUST ME! Everytime I went to the doctor that's what I was diagnosed with BV. I've read that if you let Atrophic Vag. go for soooo long, it will mimick other symptoms (like bv). I am too young to have had Atrophic vag. and I think the doctors didn't consider it because of my age but time after time I told them I never had any problems until I stopped taking the birth control. That should have clicked in there minds but it didn't so I did what I had to do and it worked.

By the way, I finally got my lab results back from the doctor, and it says that my hormones are off. My progesterone is way low, my estrogen looks normal, and my TSH (thyroid indicator) level was off as well. I have Hypothyroidism. Underactive thyroid. That's about all I know right now. Looks like I have to go in for more testing to see what kind of Hypothryoidism I have. Apparently there are differnent types.

I hope everyone has gone for hormone testing, or at least is planning on doing this. Having low progesterone, and low thyroid function explains A LOT. I know it isn't from the birth control pill though, because I've been on it. And I've known about the thyroid condition for years, was tested a decade ago, and that was when I was 30. And I know it isn't menopause - because I have had this problem for years, even when I was much younger.

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Jun 28 2007, 08:09 AM
Post #3110

BUSTie

One more product I would like to recommend: SYLK vaginal lubricant (just put the name in your search engine). Its pH is 4.7, which is pretty close to the "ideal" of 4.5. I was skeptical, since most lubricants are more like 6-7 pH, but when I tested it myself, it was right on the money at 4.7. Anyway, I use it nearly daily, because I tend to be dry down there (perimenopausal) & I think it helps keep BV, yeast, etc. at bay by helping the vaginal environment stay at a proper pH. It is also safe to use with condoms.

Just another product in my bag of tricks, along with boric acid, tea tree oil suppositories, aci-jel, Estrace (Rx) estrogen cream... wink.gif

Hang in!
Maggie C.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Jun 28 2007, 06:01 AM
Post #3111

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Jun 28 2007, 07:14 AM) *
I'd like to use him as my punching bag!!!!

haha!! i like that. i feel the same exact way about the numerous stupid dumbass doctors that i've seen.

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 28 2007, 04:57 AM
Post #3112

Hardcore BUSTie

I have a concern....According to my recent doctor..the BV is back, but the stinch is not..YAY. I'm rather confused, I wonder if the reason clue cells showed up for bv was because I just "haven't shed them off yet'? It is odd the I have yeast infection, without the raging itch, or burning. I'm wondering, because my dumbass didn't ask...if he did a wiff test..or just looked at the cells? I am thinking he only did a wet prep... I'm suspecting an overgrowth, A, or b or c or d or e or f or g. lol. I can't wait to go back to see this doctor! I'd like to use him as my punching bag!!!!

+Quote Post
lori
post Jun 28 2007, 04:19 AM
Post #3113

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(pympmama1 @ Jun 28 2007, 01:50 AM) *
If it is indeed a hormonal imbalance that may balance me out.... but something has got to give.....

FYI - some people think they can treat BV by using BCP's, but some people also think they got BV from using BCP's.

Also, were you the one who said you liked Aci-jel, but it wasn't made anymore? Anyway, I learned about a prescription product called Trimo-San that I think is similar. Just a heads-up.

http://www.milexproducts.com/products/medi...s/trimo-san.asp

--------------------

+Quote Post
pympmama1
post Jun 28 2007, 02:33 AM
Post #3114

BUSTie

You know I have been thinking about birth control......I cannot remember while on birth control having BV. If it is indeed a hormonal imbalance that may balance me out.... but something has got to give..... I am scared to get intimate with a guy b/c it smells like the catch of the day. Guys alway think that u are a dirty girl and don't take baths or have a STD

Lori- neverending and jewels has been here a very long time try not to alienate them. This board is about trial and error. We offer suggestion that is why we are here .... I think things go wrong when ..... condescensions and thinking your way is the only way or the one right way.... In the 9month that I have been here I have seen thinks work for some and not for others... I come to the conclusion that no two women's bodies are alike. Lori I realize you are trying to help but you have to consider that NO TWO WOMEN"S BODIES ARE ALIKE and u cannot condemn or disapprove of things that are working for some on this board. It is not for any of us to place judgment on what has been successful.... Lori continue being helpful.... but without judgment and condemnation... Thanks for the blog it is helpful

Now : back to why I am here....... It has been a little over a decade since I used birth control... there are so many different kinds now that they did not have 10 yrs ago.... Is there one that is better than other.... can someone enlighten me.... ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Jun 27 2007, 10:17 PM
Post #3115

Hardcore BUSTie

so i am going to planned parenthood on friday. mainly to talk about birth control. oh and that "brownish pinkish" discharge i described was in fact spotting. because now i am bleeding. so i was going to get checked for bv on friday but now i probably won't be able to.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jun 27 2007, 10:14 PM
Post #3116

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Jun 28 2007, 03:55 AM) *
Well, Peggy, you most be a lucky one of the bunch. Because, Not only does the smell make me want to vomit, but bothered my partner greatly as well. (He also broke up with me) Not to mention that we had a quickie one day while the children were outside .. and when the children came back inside and said OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT AWFUL FISH SMELL...it makes you want to go crawl inside a hole and hide. I'm glad your stinch isn't that bad, your a very lucky woman!

Oh my G-d I feel you! I was talking to one of my friends when his young son walked up. He didn't say anything at first but then he tapped his father on his leg, looked up, and said "poop". Like what's that poop smell. I thought G-d why me!

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 27 2007, 09:08 PM
Post #3117

Hardcore BUSTie

I don't know what the hell happened in here today. Why is this forum no longer a support group? I'm really pissed. Lori, you really need to lose the know it all attitude it's fucking annoying as hell.

Bacterial vaginosis "isn't an active infection" according to definition, it's an imbalance of flora.

Actually one out of four women have success in just choosing to ignore it, and has had luck with the body rebalancing itself. (If you can stand the massive stinch of course). I have the feeling that you don't have to fight bv as often as many of us here, and that's why it's so easy for you to pass judgement on how we decide to treat ourselves, since many (like myself) have no fucking insurance, and can't afford to go to the doctor week after week. AND FUCK PLANNED PARENTHOOD TOO.

There is a reason MANY women are choosing to refrain from using antibotics. Have you ever heard of bacteria resistance, maybe we don't want to make matters worse than they already are. There is a strain of E. Coli. now, that WE HAVE NO ANTIBOTICS THAT WILL KILL IT. I'm not gonna attach a link, I don't feel the need, it's true. There are no rules at this forum, so any member can say whatever the fuck she wants.

Do you have listed in your blog of the many adverse side effects that the antibotics the many quacks are prescribing to us? I will list them all tommorow.

It's our bodies, no one else is helping, I'm not gonna sit around with my thumb up my ass crying about it. I will do whatever I feel the need to do.

You make remarks of my "out there" theories..Do you have a clue as to the many countless fungi, bacteria, and parasites that are shipped into our country? Do you think bananas grow in our backyards here? THEY ALL ARE IMPORTED.

I was munching down on some apples the other day, just happened to notice.... WHAT THE FUCK?!? They came from CHILI?? (MOLD at the bottom of the bag) IT IS OUR BODIES SHUT THE FUCK UP. I'm tired of your shit too.

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 27 2007, 08:38 PM
Post #3118

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Peggy-in-FL @ Jun 27 2007, 09:26 PM) *
I had BV since I started my period many years ago. Sex dose not cause BV, Bacteria causes BV. Oddly, I read somewhere of Scientist doing test on of what smells arroused men, BV smell was the smell that arroused the men the most in this study.

Well, Peggy, you most be a lucky one of the bunch. Because, Not only does the smell make me want to vomit, but bothered my partner greatly as well. (He also broke up with me) Not to mention that we had a quickie one day while the children were outside .. and when the children came back inside and said OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT AWFUL FISH SMELL...it makes you want to go crawl inside a hole and hide. I'm glad your stinch isn't that bad, your a very lucky woman!

+Quote Post
Peggy-in-FL
post Jun 27 2007, 08:09 PM
Post #3119

I had BV since I started my period many years ago. Sex dose not cause BV, Bacteria causes BV. Oddly, I read somewhere of Scientist doing test on of what smells arroused men, BV smell was the smell that arroused the men the most in this study.

+Quote Post
lori
post Jun 27 2007, 05:14 PM
Post #3120

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(cheryl @ Jun 26 2007, 02:08 PM) *
Anyway meanwhile I've used acv hp garlic tea tree oil am going to store tonight to get rephresh maybe will try baking soda dove soap or phisoderm ?? good luck to all Cheryl smile.gif

Cheryl - Thumbs down on the baking soda (how do you plan to use it?) You want your vagina to be acidic, and baking soda is alkaline, which is the opposite of what you want.

Also, check out my blog (link is in my sig) - it's a compedium of info. from this thread. I also recommend The V Book (Dr. Elizabeth Stewart). I think those are good places to start.

Dove soap is good to use (neutral pH). There are other feminine cleansers you might want to try, too.

I personally wouldn't use phisoderm because I've used it on my face before, and I feel like it didn't rinse off well. But that's just my experience.

--------------------

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 154 155 156 157 158 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 20, 2014 - 12:04 PM