271 Pages V  « < 80 81 82 83 84 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
lori
post Apr 26 2008, 07:23 PM
Post #1621

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jularee @ Apr 26 2008, 09:40 AM) *
Thanks Lori and Neverending! I've tried Rephresh already and I didn't like it. It gave me a chunky tissue papery discharge for a day or so after using it. blink.gif

Probably shouldn't Replens, then. I think the same thing happens.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jularee
post Apr 26 2008, 10:23 AM
Post #1622

BUSTie

Thanks Lori and Neverending! I've tried Rephresh already and I didn't like it. It gave me a chunky tissue papery discharge for a day or so after using it. blink.gif

+Quote Post
tabby
post Apr 25 2008, 01:28 PM
Post #1623

BUSTie

Hello smile.gif

I was asked to come back and report on how it's going with the boric acid.

I was suffering with continual burning and a yeast/bv mix that would not clear up.

I started using 1 boric acid suppository at night. I was afraid it would cause more burning but it didn't. The next day my symptoms were slightly improving so i decided to go with one in the morning and one and night and within 4 days my symptoms were completely gone and did not return.

I decided to get into my gyn and see if any bacteria or yeast were present. There were no clue cells, and only a trace of yeast. I'm feeling so much better now that the vicious burning has gone.

Thanks!

+Quote Post
lori
post Apr 25 2008, 01:12 PM
Post #1624

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jularee @ Apr 25 2008, 10:02 AM) *
Quick question for you ladies though: lately I've been noticing that I'm a little dry during sex and it BURNS so much. Any of you recommend a certain lube to try?

The V Book recommends Replens, which contains lactic acid (found in healthy vaginas) with a very low pH.

You might also want to try Rephresh, which is made by the same company.

--------------------

+Quote Post
neverending
post Apr 25 2008, 11:53 AM
Post #1625

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jularee @ Apr 25 2008, 06:02 PM) *
Hi ladies! Haven't been here in a while. I hope things are going well for everyone. Just wanted to give a quick update. Things are still going very well for me now. Not doing too much as far as maintenance. Every now and then I'll take a FemD after sex but that's pretty much it. To all the newbies: welcome to the board! Quick question for you ladies though: lately I've been noticing that I'm a little dry during sex and it BURNS so much. Any of you recommend a certain lube to try?

try sylk

+Quote Post
jularee
post Apr 25 2008, 10:45 AM
Post #1626

BUSTie

Hi ladies! Haven't been here in a while. I hope things are going well for everyone. Just wanted to give a quick update. Things are still going very well for me now. Not doing too much as far as maintenance. Every now and then I'll take a FemD after sex but that's pretty much it. To all the newbies: welcome to the board! Quick question for you ladies though: lately I've been noticing that I'm a little dry during sex and it BURNS so much. Any of you recommend a certain lube to try?

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Apr 24 2008, 11:42 PM
Post #1627

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sooo sad @ Apr 24 2008, 03:32 PM) *
jewelscando....

how did you get rid of bv with just tto? no fem d? curious....

sooo sad

Just TTO Suppossitories. That's all I used. And only used it after sex. But, trust me when I say this to you, IT PROBABLY WON'T WORK FOR YOU!!! I hate to be negative girl, but, it's been proven, OVER AND OVER AND OVER and again on this board, that what works for me, may not work for you and vice versa. Everybody's bodies are so different, in so many ways. What brought it on for me, is not what brought it on for you, or who knows who else. The best and ONLY advice I have, is to completely go through all your options. Start with your Doctor. If they don't help, go to another one. Then read Lori's Blog completely!!! You will not find better, more thorough information anymore!! Then, try what works for you.. but what ever you try, make sure you check it out completly first, AND GIVE IT A CHANCE!! If you spend hours sticking things up you, or putting down your throat, you will never know what it is that works for you.

I think the best advice given so far is what Lori has suggested. And I only say this, because of the massive research she has done NOT because it worked for her. Because several of the girls have tried what she suggested and it didn't work for them, hence what works for 1 may not work for another.

I also think, my body might have just been going through something called STRESS!!!! And, I have spent countless hours trying to controll my stress. Stress brought on lower back problems for me and massive headaches. Since I am getting my stress levels under control, my back issues are going away along with the headaches. So... that's also one reason why I've stayed away from this board.. to be honest. Not that it's stressfull, but constantly talking about Itty Bitty Fish Heads coming out the kitty all the time, was STRESSFULL!!! hahahah...

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Apr 24 2008, 06:26 PM
Post #1628

Hardcore BUSTie

hello maggie!

thanks for the quick response...realllly appreciate it. biggrin.gif

sooo sad

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Apr 24 2008, 04:44 PM
Post #1629

BUSTie

QUOTE(sooo sad @ Apr 24 2008, 03:44 PM) *
hi ladies.....

question for the ones who have bought sylk. i received it in the mail today and by shaking the bottle it seems to be a little more runny than ky. is that how it's suppose to be? i haven't opened it yet. and where i live it's been pretty hot this week and it says on the bottle to keep in a cool place. while being delivered would it change the product's ph?

thanks in advance,
sooo sad

If there are any temp. effects on pH at all (it's usually negligible), it is in the direction of greater acidity for weak acids (e.g., acetic acid). Note: If someone wants me to go through the equilibrium constants involved, I will.

Yes-- SYLK is quite low in viscosity. It's not as "thick" as KY, etc. It's actually a little runny & the brownish color is normal as well.

Note to Neverending: Estrogen cream was one component of my getting better. My gynecologist said that when I went off the Pill, my body's own estrogen levels remained suppressed. So I had to supplement with the Estrace Rx cream.

Cheers,
Maggie

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Apr 24 2008, 02:27 PM
Post #1630

Hardcore BUSTie

hi ladies.....

question for the ones who have bought sylk. i received it in the mail today and by shaking the bottle it seems to be a little more runny than ky. is that how it's suppose to be? i haven't opened it yet. and where i live it's been pretty hot this week and it says on the bottle to keep in a cool place. while being delivered would it change the product's ph?

thanks in advance,
sooo sad

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Apr 24 2008, 09:15 AM
Post #1631

Hardcore BUSTie

jewelscando....

how did you get rid of bv with just tto? no fem d? curious....

sooo sad

+Quote Post
neverending
post Apr 24 2008, 09:12 AM
Post #1632

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Apr 24 2008, 07:07 AM) *
WOW.... been gone for a while, and look at what I come back too... wacko.gif

Sorry I haven't been here you all, but.. been busy, and had success with the TTO suppositories!! No BV for me!! And I have not used the TTO for over a month. No signs or symptoms either...

Sorry the board has turned into this again... I understand what you all are saying about Lori... but if I could just say 1 thing in her defense... Lori gives a shit. That's her problem, if you want to call it a problem. It scares the shit out of her, that WE, being the desperate BV Sufferer's that we are, are willling to stick any and everything up our vagina's or down our throats, without giving much thought about it. I'm the first to admit that I was the guinny pig for awhile, and was 1 of the first to try Boric Acid, without looking into it. I got a rash so bad, I've been scared for life. And thats the kind of shit that scares Lori.

Now, on the other hand, Lori, you and I have had this discussion, AND FIGHTS, hahah, before.. You do come across condensending. I know you don't mean to girl, but you just do.

So, I understand both sides of the story.... Lori.. you know I love you and I hope you stick around. I may not agree with you, but if I've learned anything in my 40yrs of life, it's to learn to "Agree to disagree". Makes life alot easier.

Neverending.. I think you are great.... for the record!! love you girl!!

See you all soon!!!!! Jewels... wink.gif

HEY HUN! Glad to see you. I was beginning to wonder what happened to you. So the TTO worked for ya. Thats great! No more ITTY BITTY FISH HEADS! LOL........Isn't that how it goes? Anyway, good for you and come back. I miss the old busties.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Apr 24 2008, 08:39 AM
Post #1633

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ Apr 24 2008, 10:40 AM) *
Thanks for understanding where I'm coming from.
I know.

It's because there isn't any other way to tell someone that I think they're wrong. It's impossible to disagree with anyone in this group. As I said before, I think people are way too invested in their own theories that if anyone questions it, it always devolves into a fight. It's exhausting.

I still stand by everything I said, though. I thought it was important to tell people to think twice before using certain treatments that have been advocated in this group - especially the hormonal stuff. (Don't fuck with your hormones, people, it can permanently mess you up! I'm not saying you shouldn't consider hormonal issues, just confirm it with a doctor first!) And I think getting that message out there was more important than some hurt feelings along the way.

And I want to make clear - I'm not trying to get anyone to do anything OR not do anything. Everyone has the right to do exactly what they want. If you want to douche yourself with bleach, I don't care. It's your choice. But if you try to get other people on the bleach-douche bandwagon, at least have a good reason about why you think that's a good idea.

Jewels, you and I disagreed, but now we're cool with each other because you knew that I meant well, and vice versa. So I just thought that's enough.
Well, we definitely disagree here! laugh.gif

Neverending, I don't have any personal animosity against you. But you've obviously never gotten over our previous disagreements. You obviously have a lot of personal animosity against me, and just couldn't wait to run me out of this group.

Before, I just thought you're a crazy bitch. Now I understand that it's because you need this group to literally "validate your existence," and you feel that I threatened that somehow. Friendship and support is one thing, but I think you're too invested in the hormonal theory (which isn't even BV, as I pointed out a bazillion times). You've got ladies in their 30's and even 20's imagining they have menopause symptoms, and before long, you'll have them self-treating with mail-order hormone products.

It would be one thing if you knew what you were doing, but it's pretty clear that you don't. (A thyroid produces hormones. That's really basic stuff.) So basically, you're going to get people to use Estroil, whether it's good for them or not. Maybe it will work, then they'll thank you, and you'll be best friends forever. You only want people to use what you recommend, so that you can make friends. In my opinion, that's not helping people.

Maybe all that mail-order hormone turned you into a crazy-pants. But I don't think all this fighting was all useless. You're clearly being a little more cautious now about pumping Estroil down people's throats.

Honey like I said before GROW UP! I think people see what's going on and I don't need to say much. You have problems and you don't know how to be respectful or polite to the girls here. THAT'S why no one wants you here. When people are afraid to speak because they fear being attacked by a crazy bitch. OH, it's a problem. Like I said before, people should be comfortable here because they have no where else to speak to others about their problem. Anyway, I don't like you! THAT is very clear to you and no I don't deal with people like you because it's evident you have no respect for anyone and some of the girls will agree.GROW THE FUCK UP!

LADIES: I STILL THINK ESTORIL IS THE WAY TO GO.

+Quote Post
lori
post Apr 24 2008, 06:20 AM
Post #1634

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(ashleyjo_2163 @ Apr 23 2008, 10:30 AM) *
Hi, so I am new to this forum and I have a few questions. I am 23 years old and I have noticed that sometimes I get a weird odor that comes from my vagina. I have not yet been the to GYN about this, but I plan to in the near future. I get really self concious about it, and although no one has ever commented about anything, it does not ease my mind. Although I can't say I would be willing to tell someone, "hey I think your vagina smells", haha. Anyway, I guess my questions are about any remedies people know of that I can try, or some warning signs that I should look for to see if something is really wrong, or I am just imagining things. Thanks for any help you girls can give me!! smile.gif

You should definitely go to the GYN. I don't think there's a need for alarm, but you should just go. So it's good that you're planning to.

My suggestion re: remedies is that you do nothing. You want to see your doctor when your symptoms are at their worst, so they can figure out what's wrong. Home remedies can mask symptoms.

Good luck!

--------------------

+Quote Post
lori
post Apr 24 2008, 03:23 AM
Post #1635

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Apr 23 2008, 11:07 PM) *
Sorry the board has turned into this again... I understand what you all are saying about Lori... but if I could just say 1 thing in her defense... Lori gives a shit. That's her problem, if you want to call it a problem. It scares the shit out of her, that WE, being the desperate BV Sufferer's that we are, are willling to stick any and everything up our vagina's or down our throats, without giving much thought about it. I'm the first to admit that I was the guinny pig for awhile, and was 1 of the first to try Boric Acid, without looking into it. I got a rash so bad, I've been scared for life. And thats the kind of shit that scares Lori.

Thanks for understanding where I'm coming from.

Now, on the other hand, Lori, you and I have had this discussion, AND FIGHTS, hahah, before.. You do come across condensending. I know you don't mean to girl, but you just do.

I know.

It's because there isn't any other way to tell someone that I think they're wrong. It's impossible to disagree with anyone in this group. As I said before, I think people are way too invested in their own theories that if anyone questions it, it always devolves into a fight. It's exhausting.

I still stand by everything I said, though. I thought it was important to tell people to think twice before using certain treatments that have been advocated in this group - especially the hormonal stuff. (Don't fuck with your hormones, people, it can permanently mess you up! I'm not saying you shouldn't consider hormonal issues, just confirm it with a doctor first!) And I think getting that message out there was more important than some hurt feelings along the way.

And I want to make clear - I'm not trying to get anyone to do anything OR not do anything. Everyone has the right to do exactly what they want. If you want to douche yourself with bleach, I don't care. It's your choice. But if you try to get other people on the bleach-douche bandwagon, at least have a good reason about why you think that's a good idea.

Jewels, you and I disagreed, but now we're cool with each other because you knew that I meant well, and vice versa. So I just thought that's enough.

So, I understand both sides of the story.... Lori.. you know I love you and I hope you stick around. I may not agree with you, but if I've learned anything in my 40yrs of life, it's to learn to "Agree to disagree". Makes life alot easier.

Well, we definitely disagree here! laugh.gif

Neverending, I don't have any personal animosity against you. But you've obviously never gotten over our previous disagreements. You obviously have a lot of personal animosity against me, and just couldn't wait to run me out of this group.

Before, I just thought you're a crazy bitch. Now I understand that it's because you need this group to literally "validate your existence," and you feel that I threatened that somehow. Friendship and support is one thing, but I think you're too invested in the hormonal theory (which isn't even BV, as I pointed out a bazillion times). You've got ladies in their 30's and even 20's imagining they have menopause symptoms, and before long, you'll have them self-treating with mail-order hormone products.

It would be one thing if you knew what you were doing, but it's pretty clear that you don't. (A thyroid produces hormones. That's really basic stuff.) So basically, you're going to get people to use Estroil, whether it's good for them or not. Maybe it will work, then they'll thank you, and you'll be best friends forever. You only want people to use what you recommend, so that you can make friends. In my opinion, that's not helping people.

Maybe all that mail-order hormone turned you into a crazy-pants. But I don't think all this fighting was all useless. You're clearly being a little more cautious now about pumping Estroil down people's throats.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Apr 23 2008, 11:50 PM
Post #1636

Hardcore BUSTie

WOW.... been gone for a while, and look at what I come back too... wacko.gif

Sorry I haven't been here you all, but.. been busy, and had success with the TTO suppositories!! No BV for me!! And I have not used the TTO for over a month. No signs or symptoms either...

See you all soon!!!!! Jewels... wink.gif

+Quote Post
autumnbreeze
post Apr 23 2008, 07:33 PM
Post #1637

BUSTie

Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to report that I have been having very good results with Primadolphilus Reuteri. I know many ladies were using this a while back. So far it has worked better for me than ANY of the other probiotics or other supplements. Normally I have to do something extra (in addition to taking orally) with probiotics to really see a significant difference (vaginal wash, vaginal inserts, special diet, etc.). But all I've been doing is taking 2 capsules at bed time and the next day, I have barely any odor or discharge. A couple times I forgot to take it at night and took it the next day..It did NOT work as well when taken during the day. Its been about 4 or 5 weeks now. I am sooo pumped!!

And this stuff is much cheaper than the others I've tried.

+Quote Post
mg86
post Apr 23 2008, 02:29 PM
Post #1638

BUSTie

hello ladies

well I am very glad to see that things seem to be getting back to normal. smile.gif

welcome ashleyjo! if the smell is really a concern to you, you might want to go to the doctor just to ease your mind. especially if you have any unusual discharge which could mean an infection (whether it be bv, yeast, or something else), or itching/swelling/irritation. did the smell come on suddenly or has it always been like that? I have read that a lot of women think they smell, but really don't - we are just more sensitive to our own odor. but if you notice anything fishy or foul, I would definitely get that checked out soon. smile.gif keep us updated as to how you are doing!

I am doing ok, I guess...the itching has subsided, no weird odors, and I thought the discharge was gone too...however I noticed some thick stuff today. It doesn't really have much of an odor. I am planning to go to the doctor soon over the next few weeks, so we'll see how that goes. I am still thinking maybe it is yeast..

Any way hope you all are doing well - I didn't mean to contribute any nastiness to the board the other day, but I couldn't resist speaking up. wink.gif

+Quote Post
neverending
post Apr 23 2008, 01:22 PM
Post #1639

Hardcore BUSTie

[quote name='ashleyjo_2163' date='Apr 23 2008, 06:30 PM' post='196492']
Hi, so I am new to this forum and I have a few questions. I am 23 years old and I have noticed that sometimes I get a weird odor that comes from my vagina. I have not yet been the to GYN about this, but I plan to in the near future. I get really self concious about it, and although no one has ever commented about anything, it does not ease my mind. Although I can't say I would be willing to tell someone, "hey I think your vagina smells", haha. Anyway, I guess my questions are about any remedies people know of that I can try, or some warning signs that I should look for to see if something is really wrong, or I am just imagining things. Thanks for any help you girls can give me!! smile.gif
[/quote/]

Welcome to the board! A lot of the girls here love the Fem D. I suggest you try that first. Good luck!

+Quote Post
ashleyjo_2163
post Apr 23 2008, 11:13 AM
Post #1640

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 80 81 82 83 84 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 21, 2014 - 05:56 AM