The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 118 119 120 121 122 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
kittykat
post Dec 26 2007, 01:57 AM
Post #2381

Hello, I just stumbled on your forum by luck. It is sooo comforting (in a sick twisted kinda way) to know that I'm not the only person to have this curse. It is truely belittling to walk into a doctor's office over and over again for the same thing, while having in the back of your mind thinking your doctor thinks your crazy. I can't tell you how many times I have walked into my doctor's office and just told her plain out that I need another perscription of Flagl. I've been threw 3 obgyns in the past year and everytime I walk into the office to get my meds, they just look at me in amazement because I can tell them what is wrong with me before they even test me. I think I even shocked my newest doc this time because I not only told her what I had but what I needed, how many mgs and how often I take it.

I've read that a lot of you got this after having a baby or from having sex but I've had BV since I was 12 years old, before I even got my first period, and I'm 30 now. Has anyone else experienced this? I also have been reading that a lot of you have problems with odor, but I don't have this, my symptoms are somewhat different. Does anyone ever get cramping and sensitivity during sex? And can anyone tell me what alternative to Flagyl is the most effective as far as alternatives? I have been using it since god knows when and I think its finally giving way. I just got done taking my Flagyl 3 weeks ago and it came back already. Usually I am good for at least two months or so. I've done all of the things like giving up wearing jeans and only wearing cotton panties. I don't wear heavy perfumes or use anything with heavy perfumes in it. I eat my yogurt everyday and detox every six months and take my probiotics twice a day. I've even tried being abstinant to see if that works (it doesn't, it's just a really bad form of self torture).

Sorry this is turning out to be a book but I really needed to get this out and after seeing what everyone has gone through I'm kinda thinking you guys may know more than my doctors can tell me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Dec 26 2007, 01:37 AM
Post #2382

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(chantelhugo @ Dec 26 2007, 12:25 AM) *
Jewels,
What specific brand of tea tree are you using? How often do you use it and how long did it take to see results?

Tea Tree Oil name is Spring Valley. I bought it at Walmart. But I see it everywhere. It's 100% Pure Australian Oil.

I did it for two nights. Then waited a few days, then did it once.

Then the next time I had sex, which was approx. a week later, I did it that following evening. And that's it. My B.V. is gone.

You could probably use it more then that, but I didn't need to. I might do one tonight, just to be on the safe side, even though I'm not showing any signs of B.V., but there's nothing wrong with beating it to the punch.

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Dec 25 2007, 09:39 PM
Post #2383

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Dec 24 2007, 05:50 AM) *
Thanks hun- you too! The Flagyl that was yellow was the tablets or the cream? I got to get that addy from you ladies...juuuuust in case wink.gif

I got the tablets. I wish they had a cream on there. The site is http://easy.md

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
chantelhugo
post Dec 25 2007, 06:08 PM
Post #2384

BUSTie

Jewels,
What specific brand of tea tree are you using? How often do you use it and how long did it take to see results?

+Quote Post
fbgirl987
post Dec 25 2007, 03:40 PM
Post #2385

BUSTie

QUOTE(Bella10 @ Dec 25 2007, 01:50 PM) *
Congtatulations that you are BV free! Thats great! I am actually going to my dr on Thurs and am hoping she says I am as well. I did one hydrogen peroxide douche and it burned so much I decided not to continue with it. I called my Dr the next day and told her that I am pretty sure I have BV-acidity level of 5.5, watery discharge and alittle odor so again instead of seeing me called in 10 day dose of Flagyl to the pharmacy and a supposiory of gynazol to counter-act it so I dont get a yeast infection. So I completed Day 7 but I forgot and gargled with listerine and got deathly sick so I didn;t complete the last 3 days. I actually feel good, no watery discharge, no odor but I do see a thicker white discharge but again no odor and not excessive. It seems maybe similar to the one you experienced after taking the Flagyl. I just hope it is not BV with New Years coming up and I am going away skiing with a group of people so that would stink if I had to take more Flagyl and couldn't drink. My boyfriend of only 3 months has been really great about this he even texts me to eat yogurt hahahaha I hope he continues to stay supportive.

I am still BV free as of now. So I think it will work for you as well. Hopefully. I hear it comes back so I am watching it. I am also using the Rephresh very 3 days. I feel kinda obsessed over this but I really, really don't want this to come back.
How did you know the ph level? Did you buy one of those testers?

--------------------
"Insanity is the only sane reaction to an insane society. -Thomas Szas

+Quote Post
Bella10
post Dec 25 2007, 12:33 PM
Post #2386

BUSTie

QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Dec 20 2007, 08:52 PM) *
Went to the doctor today...she SAYS she saw no sign of BV at all. So I guess the Flagyl helped. She said if it comes back again she will prescribe boric acid suppositories. I didnt volunteer that I already have them here and have tried them. lol
She also pushed lexapro on me...saying she thought i was anxious. I said I have been doing this now for 3 months....3 diff GYNs. Its not anxiety its frustration. sad.gif

Hope it stays away. I still see that discharge she says is normal..

Congtatulations that you are BV free! Thats great! I am actually going to my dr on Thurs and am hoping she says I am as well. I did one hydrogen peroxide douche and it burned so much I decided not to continue with it. I called my Dr the next day and told her that I am pretty sure I have BV-acidity level of 5.5, watery discharge and alittle odor so again instead of seeing me called in 10 day dose of Flagyl to the pharmacy and a supposiory of gynazol to counter-act it so I dont get a yeast infection. So I completed Day 7 but I forgot and gargled with listerine and got deathly sick so I didn;t complete the last 3 days. I actually feel good, no watery discharge, no odor but I do see a thicker white discharge but again no odor and not excessive. It seems maybe similar to the one you experienced after taking the Flagyl. I just hope it is not BV with New Years coming up and I am going away skiing with a group of people so that would stink if I had to take more Flagyl and couldn't drink. My boyfriend of only 3 months has been really great about this he even texts me to eat yogurt hahahaha I hope he continues to stay supportive.

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Dec 25 2007, 11:07 AM
Post #2387

BUSTie

QUOTE(sciongal @ Dec 24 2007, 12:52 PM) *
s
Does the tea tree sting inside when the capsule dissolves???

Hi. ladies! I, too, am very fond of using tea tree oil suppositories for maintenance purposes (I'm the one who used boric acid vaginally to get rid of combo-BV and yeast about 18 months ago.) I get mine already made up at a local health food store. They can be ordered online several places, e.g., here: http://www.vitacost.com/Thursday-Plantatio...HOPFEED-froogle

They are made up in a soothing vegetable-oil base & I just stick 1/2 of one in at a time as needed. wink.gif

Happy Holidays!
Maggie C.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Dec 25 2007, 01:47 AM
Post #2388

Hardcore BUSTie

No, Tea Tree oil doesnt sting, but I'm not raw down there. So, if you are raw, then I wouldn't know. It does feel like you have a menthol couph drop up there. But, that doesn't hurt, it's almost soothing. I only got that the first time I tired it. The next few times, I didnt get the menthol feeling!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! and HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!

+Quote Post
ThisSux
post Dec 24 2007, 03:14 PM
Post #2389

BUSTie

Thanks Neverending!! HUGE sore tits huh? Sounds pretty good to me. I barely see the sore in there I just see HUUUUGE. Ha ha. Ohyes I"ve read about PianoGirl. I've read through this whole stinkin' thing due to my obsession with curing myself.

After I started taking my veetamins my pee is a bright yellow green. Fluorescent like. All the vitamins I suppose. I read excess of vitamin B can do that to ya. I'm hoping the B6 will balance out any hormone problems I may be having down there. I'm also taking B complex, B12 and Folic Acid. I'm not very healthy I know that so hopefully a couple months on those babies will fix me up. I read lots of sugar, starches, processed foods, etc.....can through off your hormonal balance and my diet consisted mainly of that pretty much my entire life. Oh what a fun journey this will be for me.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Dec 24 2007, 12:51 PM
Post #2390

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(ThisSux @ Dec 23 2007, 03:52 AM) *
I've been up all night reading though this. I've had BV since July and it still creeps up on me whenever I have sex and after my periods. For a couple months I was really depressed over it as I've read once you get it, it can be really hard to get rid of. I got it from my new bf after we first had sex. Our session lasted over 1-1/2 hours and it was really intense and nonstop and he used his hands all over me down there and back there which really bothered me at the time as I think its just filthy back there but too late to cry over it now.....

I was so sore the next 3 days I felt like my vagina was rubbed raw. I noticed the atrocious fishy odor about 2 days later. The next time we had sex again about 3 days later the smell was unreal. I thought......oh god.....that can't be from me, could it? It was just disgusting and sooooo embarrassing.

I went to my gyno and my doc kinda threw attitude and made me feel like I was wasting her time. She told me our bodies go through changes when we ovulate and during our periods. I told her, "I'm 33 years old, I know what my body is like when I'm on my period." Needless to say, I switched doctors.

She didn't want to test me but I made her as she kinda threw attitude and my tests came back negative.....of course. I had some leftover antibiotics (dont remember the name) and I was desperate so I took about 5 days worth of those. Of course those aren't proper for BV treatment and my symptoms lightened up but never went away. The fishy odor was gone after that (thank god) but I can't seem to get rid of this musty odor and strange discharge.

I went to another doctor and my results again came back negative again so they wouldn't give me anything. Went to again another doc a third time and she found the BV. She gave some cream which DIDN'T WORK. I could still smell it on last day of use which depressed me to no end.

I went to yet another doctor a fourth time and she gave me Flagyl. It seemed to do the trick until I started my period. So I went back and they tested me again and found nothing again. They think I'm being paranoid. I know when something is wrong with me down there, I'm not an idiot.

I've been taking probiotics, garlic tablets and oxygen supplements and the fishy odor hasn't returned but I've still got the dang BV. I'd rather have a thousand things wrong with me then smell down there, it's just the most horrifying thing I think I've ever been through. How can I get a new boyfriend when I'm like this??? It's not going to happen.

I really want to try the boric acid but I'm having a leep procedure done next week and I think i should wait until that's done with. I have hpv and cervical dysplasia (mild) has developed. Although she said it was not actually on my cervix it's in the canal. I hope everything in there is ok.

Just had to vent. Thanks.

Welcome to the board! Yes, vent girl. We all understand how you feel. I had BV for I think around 6yrs. (I THINK) and this year I figured out my cure which was estrogen. I always knew it was a hormonal imbalance for me because this crap didn't start until after I started/stop the lo/ovral birth control. I told doctor's that I thought it was the birth control but of course they never listen to the patient, they do what ever the hell they wish to do. I say doctor's sux and to be honest I do believe one knew exactly what was wrong but didn't help because he knew if he did I would not have had to come back as often as I did. It's all about MONEY honey.People have no shame. I knew I was on the right track with the estrogen idea because I asked the same doctor about trying estrogen and he told me that he didn't think it was a good idea. GOOD IDEA! This is the same doctor that tried all kinds of shit on me (drugs/surgeries) but as soon as I ask about something that he knew would cure me, he didn't think it was a good idea or dangerous. HUH! So, I cured myself and one other girl here tried the estrogen and cured herself as well. Her name is Pianogirl but she does not come here anymore. You can look up her profile and look at her last posts. I've been so pissed off, angry, and depressed. How could people do this to others and not feel any guilt whatsoever. Maybe he didn't know but I think the chances of that are slim. MONEY, MONEY, MONEY....THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT. Anyway again, welcome to the board.

UPDATE LADIES:
The NUVARING WILL GIVE YOU HUGE SORE TITS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.LOL
OH, AND EVERYTHING IS STILL GOING WELL HERE. WELL, AS FAR AS DOWN THERE IS CONCERNED.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS smile.gif

+Quote Post
sciongal
post Dec 24 2007, 10:35 AM
Post #2391

BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Dec 23 2007, 05:17 PM) *
Tea Tree oil you can buy just about anywhere. It's in a little bottle. And I use the Double 00 Gel Caps. Those you can buy at any health store. Just ask someone at the counter.

Then I use an eye dropper, and fill it up. Put it in, right before you lay down. You want to lay down pretty quickly. Then that's it.

The next morning, when I get up and go to the bathroom, nothing really comes out, but you can smell the tea tree oil. And I don't have it dripping out all day, like the boric acid does. I did it two nights in a row, and if I have sex, then that following night I will do it again. It really seems to help!! Atleast for me! I have not just the fish odor, but funk odor as well with B.V.

One of my first signs that I have BV is air bubbles coming out, especailly when I go to the bathroom. I don't have any of that right now!!

Good luck!! And have a wonderfull holiday everyone!!

Hi again Jewels,

Does the tea tree sting inside when the capsule dissolves???

+Quote Post
fbgirl987
post Dec 24 2007, 04:33 AM
Post #2392

BUSTie

QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Dec 22 2007, 03:27 PM) *
Ooh sweet, I may have to try that when I get back. I got my flagyl yesterday too. It was YELLOW like you gals said it would be. I havent started taking them yet, The boric seems to be fine for now.

Anyway, I'm happy for you FBGIRL!! thats friggin awesome babe! Continued good luck.

Happy Holidays Busties!!!! Be safe!

Thanks hun- you too! The Flagyl that was yellow was the tablets or the cream? I got to get that addy from you ladies...juuuuust in case wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fbgirl987
post Dec 24 2007, 04:27 AM
Post #2393

BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Dec 23 2007, 08:17 PM) *
Tea Tree oil you can buy just about anywhere. It's in a little bottle. And I use the Double 00 Gel Caps. Those you can buy at any health store. Just ask someone at the counter.

Then I use an eye dropper, and fill it up. Put it in, right before you lay down. You want to lay down pretty quickly. Then that's it.

The next morning, when I get up and go to the bathroom, nothing really comes out, but you can smell the tea tree oil. And I don't have it dripping out all day, like the boric acid does. I did it two nights in a row, and if I have sex, then that following night I will do it again. It really seems to help!! Atleast for me! I have not just the fish odor, but funk odor as well with B.V.

One of my first signs that I have BV is air bubbles coming out, especailly when I go to the bathroom. I don't have any of that right now!!

lol @ bubbles! Jewels I get the same thing hun!! LOL

I am using the Rephresh right now (along with the probiotics and vitamins...after the 10 day course of Flagyl). Fingers crossed.

Happy Holidays ladies! xoxo

--------------------

+Quote Post
ThisSux
post Dec 23 2007, 10:42 PM
Post #2394

BUSTie

Hey thanks girls!

I just bought two bottles of fem dophilus. Oooooh god I can't believe how much money I'm spending on this thing. I'll empty my bank account to eliminate my gross odor.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Dec 23 2007, 07:00 PM
Post #2395

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(ThisSux @ Dec 23 2007, 09:19 PM) *
I can't believe I've almost read through this whole thing. I'm obsessed/depressed about my condition so it's all I can focus on right now and I feel like I know all of you, it's weird. Jewel your white kitty cat is so cute it makes me happy just to see a post from you. It makes me want to upload a pic. In fact, I think I will.

+Quote Post
jularee
post Dec 23 2007, 05:49 PM
Post #2396

BUSTie

QUOTE(ThisSux @ Dec 23 2007, 06:43 PM) *
I just bought Yeast Arrest off ebay. I figure all the gas money I'll save driving from store to store to find the boric acid and capsules will even things out. Plus I'm too lazy to make my own. I'll start the Boric acid after my leep and I'm quite optimistic about it.

Welcome to the board! Good luck with everything. I've used the yeast arrest in the past and it worked pretty well. Just wear a pantyliner or something after you use it because the herbs and everything do leak out throughout the day.

Just an update for you ladies--I've finished a 10 day course of the "yellow" flagyl a little over a week ago and so far so good. Right now I'm not using anything. I took a couple of capsules of femdophilus after i finished the Flagyl but that's about it. Had sex a few times and no smell whatsoever. Still have a bit of discharge but it's not too major.

Hope all of you have a safe and wonderful holiday!!

+Quote Post
ThisSux
post Dec 23 2007, 04:26 PM
Post #2397

BUSTie

I just bought Yeast Arrest off ebay. I figure all the gas money I'll save driving from store to store to find the boric acid and capsules will even things out. Plus I'm too lazy to make my own. I'll start the Boric acid after my leep and I'm quite optimistic about it.

+Quote Post
sciongal
post Dec 23 2007, 04:14 PM
Post #2398

BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Dec 23 2007, 08:47 AM) *
The Tea Tree suppositories have worked wonders on me. I wish I would have known about this a long time ago!! I used the Tea Tree oil in the past, but didn't really have a way to get it up there, other then on a q tip. THANK YOU SO MUCH MORPHIA for suggesting this!!

Had sex last night, and no smell!!!

And there's no discharge, like you get from using the Boric!!

Anyways, you all might want to give it a try! It's working for me!!

Hey Jewels,

How did your make your suppositories???

+Quote Post
ThisSux
post Dec 23 2007, 03:02 PM
Post #2399

BUSTie

I can't believe I've almost read through this whole thing. I'm obsessed/depressed about my condition so it's all I can focus on right now and I feel like I know all of you, it's weird. Jewel your white kitty cat is so cute it makes me happy just to see a post from you. It makes me want to upload a pic. In fact, I think I will.

+Quote Post
ThisSux
post Dec 23 2007, 02:59 PM
Post #2400

BUSTie

Thanks for the wealth of info on this site. I loaded up on B vitamins & folic acid. I bought Omega 3 fatty acids and Vitamin E and all these other things as I'm having a leep done next week and someone here posted a link to a website that stated it would be good to heal your cervix and I think my cervix needs all the help it can get. I can't believe how much money I spent on vitamins.......

Do you gals think it would be safe to have a leep done with my BV? I'm just afraid the infection will spread and stuff once she cuts into me. I'll tell the doc about it, ask her to test me and voice my concerns but the test will come back negative, as is always the case. And she'll just think I'm full of shit.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 118 119 120 121 122 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
9 User(s) are reading this topic (9 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 2, 2014 - 11:02 AM