Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 47 48 49 50 51 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Jan 4 2009, 04:45 PM
Post #961

QUOTE(horror_movie @ Jan 4 2009, 03:43 AM) *
OH YEAH REPHRESH I USE IT ONCE AND THE SAME DAY I SMELL LIKE STRONG FISH I GUESS IT CAN'T BLOCK THE BV ODOR. I WASH UP WITH LIME SOMETIMES WITH TEASPOON OF VINGEAR NOTHING CAN STOP THE SMELL. I TRYING NOT TO LET THIS AFFECT MY LIFE BUT THE SMELL!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

I understand where your coming from. Vaginal odor can be very annoying and stressful. I can see why you would use vinegar and lime juice to self treat. Lime and vinegar is very acidic. Lime is about 2.3 on the ph scale and vinegar is about 2.9 (article), a normal healthy vagina has a PH that ranges from 3.8 to 4.5 (article). And if the vaginal acidity goes down it can make room for infections. Although many people use vinegar/lime douches regularly or use it to get rid of an infection, there really is no proof that using either will actually cure anything. Douching clears out the vaginal coating which is composed of bacteria both good and bad. If most of the good bacteria is cleared out then the bad bacetria takes over and causes infection. That's what most people don't realize when they douche. The goal with maintaining a healthy vagina is to keep the vaginal acidity up and have more good bacteria than bad bacteria. Depending on the bacteria that takes over, it can cause an odor.

(Click Here) It's a great article on Bacterial Vaginosis and it explains the cause and reason for the vaginal odor in the 1st paragraph.

What medications have you taken to treat your BV? I'll try to give you advice or help you in what-ever way I can.
biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Jan 4 2009, 03:43 AM
Post #962

BUSTie

OH YEAH REPHRESH I USE IT ONCE AND THE SAME DAY I SMELL LIKE STRONG FISH I GUESS IT CAN'T BLOCK THE BV ODOR. I WASH UP WITH LIME SOMETIMES WITH TEASPOON OF VINGEAR NOTHING CAN STOP THE SMELL. I TRYING NOT TO LET THIS AFFECT MY LIFE BUT THE SMELL!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Jan 4 2009, 03:33 AM
Post #963

BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Dec 28 2008, 12:37 AM) *
There are plenty of foods that are high in fiber (link). Foods that contain fiber would be fruits, whole grains, and vegetables. Or you can take a fiber supplement like Benefiber, although I highly recommend that you eat foods containing fiber which your body will absorb properly. VitaminWater is actually pretty bad (label). I was just reading the table of contents and it contains chrystalline-fructose, which is just as bad as high fructose corn syrup, and a bunch of other foreign additives that I'm not familiar with. I myself try to avoid sport drinks, sodas and juices. They're always so high in sugar and other fluff. You should lean more towards water. It's crisp, light, refreshing and doesn't leave a bad after taste in your mouth. And it's really good for your overall health. But I have to ask ... why are you trying to "detoxify" your body?

Thanks for the advice!!! i been so occupied with work that i didn't take the time to take care of my situation. This time im gOING HANDLE IT!!

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Dec 28 2008, 12:37 AM
Post #964

QUOTE(horror_movie @ Dec 27 2008, 01:57 PM) *
IS THERE ANY PILLS THAT HAVE FIBER IN THEM THAT I HAVE TO TAKE? I HAVE TO EAT WHOLE WHEAT BREAD? I DON'T DRINK ANY JUICE OR SODA ONLY VITAMIN WATER IS THAT OK?

There are plenty of foods that are high in fiber (link). Foods that contain fiber would be fruits, whole grains, and vegetables. Or you can take a fiber supplement like Benefiber, although I highly recommend that you eat foods containing fiber which your body will absorb properly. VitaminWater is actually pretty bad (label). I was just reading the table of contents and it contains chrystalline-fructose, which is just as bad as high fructose corn syrup, and a bunch of other foreign additives that I'm not familiar with. I myself try to avoid sport drinks, sodas and juices. They're always so high in sugar and other fluff. You should lean more towards water. It's crisp, light, refreshing and doesn't leave a bad after taste in your mouth. And it's really good for your overall health. But I have to ask ... why are you trying to "detoxify" your body?

+Quote Post
neptune
post Dec 27 2008, 06:11 PM
Post #965

BUSTie

QUOTE(oedipa maas @ Dec 26 2008, 07:32 AM) *
I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with vaginal bleeding after intercourse, it's been two or three days since and when i wake up in the morning i have quite a bit of blood in my discharge? I have read the both bv and yeast infections can cause there to be bleeding after intercourse. all of my tests back in October - apart from BV - were otherwise clear, my pap was clear, so i'm thinking it has to be the bv?

I had this for a while, when my bv was at its worst. Any penetration, even a finger, would cause bleeding. It seemed to be from the walls of the vagina as opposed to (or as well as) from deeper inside.
I asked my doctor about it and she just dismissed it and said it was due to the pill. She didn't even examine me blink.gif Anyway, I'm sure she was wrong because as soon as the bv cleared that time, the bleeding stopped immediately, and I'm still on the same pill. So yes, I think bv can definitely cause bleeding after penetration.

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Dec 27 2008, 01:57 PM
Post #966

BUSTie

IS THERE ANY PILLS THAT HAVE FIBER IN THEM THAT I HAVE TO TAKE? I HAVE TO EAT WHOLE WHEAT BREAD? I DON'T DRINK ANY JUICE OR SODA ONLY VITAMIN WATER IS THAT OK?

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Dec 27 2008, 09:55 AM
Post #967

QUOTE(horror_movie @ Dec 26 2008, 10:02 PM) *
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh i just had to scream for a lil second. I still have BV i feel like it never gonna go away. Before i couldn't smell it but now i DO. Sometime it smell like must other time it strong fishy smell. At work A TEAM LEADER ask me did i ever have a STD I guess they realize where the smell was directly coming from. Everytime i walk by a co worker they talk about std's and its sign effect its crazy how people assume shit they don't know about.
IM WONDERING IF YOU HAVE HEMROIDS DO IT EFFECT YOUR VAGINA????? Help any info will be helpful!!!!

Wow! They thought you had an STD? That is embarrassing. From what I've been reading about hemorrhoids, there's nothing that says it can affect the vagina. That's definitely something you want to talk about with your Gynecologist.

Using repHresh CAN YOU USE IT LIKE A EVERYDAY THING OR YOU HAVE TO TAKE A BREAK ON IT?
(LIKE THREE TIMES A MONTH) HELP ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT???

Rephresh is only supposed to be used before or after sex, after your period, and to maintain vaginal freshness. It's not meant to cure or treat anything. It'll just cover up the BV temporarily, instead of actually getting rid of it. As directly stated in the frequently asked questions on the Rephresh website:

"Does RepHresh do anything for vaginal odor?
Yes. Vaginal odor is often about pH balance, not bad hygiene. If you are uncomfortable with your normal vaginal odor, the use of RepHresh will balance your pH and begin eliminating odor immediately after the first use. However, unusual vaginal odor can be a symptom of a more serious problem, and in this case you should see your doctor for a correct diagnosis." ((link))

HEY CAN YALL CHECK THIS OUT AND TELL ME WHAT YA THINK ABOUT IT??
http://www.detoxify.com/readycleanforwomen.html

This product doesn't sound very promising because:
  1. It's geared toward a healthy urinary tract and your problem seems to be vaginal.
  2. The best way to naturally "cleanse" your body is to, eat plenty of fiber and drink plenty of water.
The herbs used in that product aren't bad, but it's not going to help you vaginal infection. I hope you find something that works for you!

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Dec 26 2008, 11:56 PM
Post #968

BUSTie

HEY CAN YALL CHECK THIS OUT AND TELL ME WHAT YA THINK ABOUT IT??
http://www.detoxify.com/readycleanforwomen.html

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Dec 26 2008, 11:26 PM
Post #969

BUSTie

Using repHresh CAN YOU USE IT LIKE A EVERYDAY THING OR YOU HAVE TO TAKE A BREAK ON IT?
(LIKE THREE TIMES A MONTH) HELP ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT???

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Dec 26 2008, 10:02 PM
Post #970

BUSTie

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh i just had to scream for a lil second. I still have BV i feel like it never gonna go away. Before i couldn't smell it but now i DO. Sometime it smell like must other time it strong fishy smell. At work A TEAM LEADER ask me did i ever have a STD I guess they realize where the smell was directly coming from. Everytime i walk by a co worker they talk about std's and its sign effect its crazy how people assume shit they don't know about.
IM WONDERING IF YOU HAVE HEMROIDS DO IT EFFECT YOUR VAGINA????? Help any info will be helpful!!!!

+Quote Post
oedipa maas
post Dec 26 2008, 02:32 AM
Post #971

New here, but reading for awhile. I've had recurrent yeast infections and probably symptoms of bv since i was in highschool due to numerous courses of antibiotic treatments i was repeatedly put on. I was finally diagnosed and treated properly in October with flagyl, but i don't feel the bv was completely cleared up. I was never sexually active, and actually just had sex for the first time at 26. I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with vaginal bleeding after intercourse, it's been two or three days since and when i wake up in the morning i have quite a bit of blood in my discharge? I have read the both bv and yeast infections can cause there to be bleeding after intercourse. all of my tests back in October - apart from BV - were otherwise clear, my pap was clear, so i'm thinking it has to be the bv? i'm on flagyl again, but i'm taking a probiotic and cranberry pills to help replenish the good bacteria, and eating a more alkaline based diet. i'm thinking of trying non-dairy bio-k as well after reading the posts below. any advice would be greatly appreciated, as i'm reluctant to have sex again with my boyfriend and he doesn't know about any of this..

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Dec 24 2008, 08:09 AM
Post #972

QUOTE(ladylustlove @ Dec 23 2008, 10:34 PM) *
o jeez, so i went to the pleasure chest
today in chicago
and they told me they don't even sell
spermicide. they told me it basically eats
away your vaginal wall over time,
making you more vulnerable to stds and
the like. didn't sound good.
so wtf.
Should i just stay on the pill
and use condoms at the same time?
thats what i'm leanin toward even
though i don't really want to!

I knew spermicides were bad but I wasn't too sure how bad they were until I read about them on Planned Parenthood. Your pretty much right, they "irritate tissue and increase the risk of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections." Your best bet is to stay on the pill and use condoms.

+Quote Post
ladylustlove
post Dec 23 2008, 10:34 PM
Post #973

BUSTie

o jeez, so i went to the pleasure chest
today in chicago
and they told me they don't even sell
spermicide. they told me it basically eats
away your vaginal wall over time,
making you more vulnerable to stds and
the like. didn't sound good.
so wtf.
Should i just stay on the pill
and use condoms at the same time?
thats what i'm leanin toward even
though i don't really want to!

+Quote Post
Lolasaurus
post Dec 23 2008, 06:08 PM
Post #974

BUSTie

Though I really don't know much about spermicide (always been advised against it), I thought that the reason it was risky was that it can also act as a... lactobacilli-cide. just something to think about.

Have we collectively decided whether increased vaginal Ph is a cause of BV, a symptom, or both?

And, NettyD, HP could also be "hydrogen peroxide," around these parts. some ladies douche with an HP solution; most who have done so would probably discourage you from doing the same.

ALSO, Hewlett-Packard wink.gif

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Dec 23 2008, 03:44 PM
Post #975

QUOTE(Nettyd @ Dec 23 2008, 03:22 PM) *
What is HP?

You mean PH? PH is the measure of acidity or basicity. It ranges from 0 to 14. (Here) is a PH scale. Typical vaginal PH ranges from 3.8 to 4.5 (source).

+Quote Post
Nettyd
post Dec 23 2008, 03:22 PM
Post #976

What is HP?

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Dec 23 2008, 02:59 PM
Post #977

QUOTE(ladylustlove @ Dec 23 2008, 10:39 AM) *
See, i'm the opposite. i looove the man i love coming inside
of me. Always have.
And i've had 2 other guys come inside of me before,
both times i was on the pill. and never bv.

Now with this guy, i get the bv.
when we don't have sex for 2 months, it
disappears for the first time in over a year.
I still want him to come in me,
but i must admit i'm glad to get off the pill.
I just don't like condoms so much.

so whats the deal?
what do you guys think?

You can use the Rephresh Vaginal Gel after intercourse. It balances your vaginal PH. But it's not a spermicide.
(Click Here)

+Quote Post
ladylustlove
post Dec 23 2008, 10:50 AM
Post #978

BUSTie

alriiggght. so me n the boy have decided to
use comdoms and spermicide.
then i'm doin research online and everything says
that spermicide can alter ur vag ph.
sad.gif
do you guys know of any ph balanced
spermicides?? does that even exist??

any other suggestions?
I'm desperate. And good with oral
sex for now, but i'm getting
the craving for some good ol
fashioned intercourse!

+Quote Post
ladylustlove
post Dec 23 2008, 10:39 AM
Post #979

BUSTie

See, i'm the opposite. i looove the man i love coming inside
of me. Always have.
And i've had 2 other guys come inside of me before,
both times i was on the pill. and never bv.

Now with this guy, i get the bv.
when we don't have sex for 2 months, it
disappears for the first time in over a year.
I still want him to come in me,
but i must admit i'm glad to get off the pill.
I just don't like condoms so much.

so whats the deal?
what do you guys think?

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Dec 22 2008, 05:43 PM
Post #980

BUSTie

QUOTE(trbutts @ Dec 22 2008, 11:34 AM) *
I must admit, however,that I don't like for my boyfriend to ejaculate inside of me. Even though I'm on birth control, I just think that it's disgusting and sometimes the sperm takes a day or so to completely leak out of me and you can imagine how that smells when the last drop comes out. It doesn't have a fishy smell, but it smells like old nasty ass nut. I just think that I may let him do that once we honestly are trying to get pregnant. But until then, I just like the withdrawal method. I don't think that actual sperm is the reason that women get bv.

From Elizabeth Boskey, PhD on About.com: "Bacterial Vaginosis is an overgrowth of certain bacteria normally present at low levels in the vagina. No one is certain exactly what causes BV, or why some women are so susceptible to recurrent bacterial vaginosis, but one thing is for certain... BV stinks! Bacterial vaginosis isn't caused by sperm, but it's easy to understand why some women think it could be. BV symptoms get worse after unprotected sex, because the chemical compounds that cause the odor associated with BV are more noticeable at higher pH. Normally the vagina is mildly acidic, around pH 4. During bacterial vaginosis, the pH increases above 4.5. When semen is present, the vagina actually becomes neutral - pH 7 - and the amines, the chemical compounds that cause the "fishy smell," start to stink. What may be a barely noticeable infection when a woman is not having sex, all of a sudden becomes very obvious when she is, particularly if she doesn't use a condom. That's why many women think that bacterial vaginosis is caused by sex. However, although BV is certainly sexually associated, and made more obvious by sex, ongoing research is geared toward clarifying the role of sex and bacterial vaginosis."

(All About.com content focusing on diseases, conditions or containing health claims is reviewed by a team of board certified physicians and certified health professionals from leading institutions. The Medical Review Board was formed in October 2006 and all content created from that date forward has been closely reviewed for medical accuracy and consistency with source material. Meet the experts.)

Take care,
Maggie C.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 47 48 49 50 51 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 23, 2014 - 03:31 AM