271 Pages V  « < 70 71 72 73 74 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
sooo sad
post Jul 10 2008, 02:03 PM
Post #1421

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Girl, frustrated @ Jul 10 2008, 04:16 PM) *
thank you everyone for your support. well, now it is pretty obvious i have a yeast infection from the tindamax/metrozole combo.

btw...I have heard that Femdophilis is a great product. i guess i need to order it online as i don't think the pharmacy has it.

call around to all your local pharmacies. i got mine from a pharmacy but it isn't a big one like cvs or walgreens. it's a small one and private owned one. at least you wouldn't have to pay for shipping. just a suggestion!

sooo sad
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Girl, frustrated
post Jul 10 2008, 01:59 PM
Post #1422

BUSTie

thank you everyone for your support. well, now it is pretty obvious i have a yeast infection from the tindamax/metrozole combo.

btw...I have heard that Femdophilis is a great product. i guess i need to order it online as i don't think the pharmacy has it.

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Jul 10 2008, 01:44 PM
Post #1423

Hardcore BUSTie

melis19750

hey hon.........
i feel ya on that one. this bv stuff makes me feel sooo sad too( can you tell, that's my name "sooo sad!") right now i'm on metrogel(generic metroinozole?) vaginal for 10 days and gonna take femd and floramore on the 7th or 8th day of metrogel, right now i'm on my 5th day. hopefully this will do the trick. i've done oral flagyl + femd and it didn't work for me blink.gif hopefully all of us can bet this darn thing!!

good luck to all of us!!!

sooo sad

+Quote Post
melis19750
post Jul 10 2008, 01:22 PM
Post #1424

Hardcore BUSTie

Gawsh,
this BV stuff is horrid
I hope your all doing better. They, (some doctors) make it seem so scary and freak everyone out thinking that your immuno compromised.
My case... I have not had sex in FOUR YEARS....
so Im certain the Zithromax Z-pack i was on for bronchitis the middle of May is what threw my body off.
Now Im worried I might have a mild case od PID being my pelvis feels sooo weird. Thank god im seeing my OBGYn tomorrow.
yesterday I was doing better, but today noticed yellow discharge again and some pelvic discomfort (more sore than painful)

I also have not douched in 4 years until this past week to get the femdophilus out of my vagina. I tried it vaginally, but it caused inflamation. I guess im sensitive down there!
I think, maybe if WE ALL work together we can figure out what works and what does not.
Im convinced while Garlic cloves may be helpful for Yeast and Group b Strep (because it did make my GBS growth go down in the past)
that it does not work for BV.

Im praying I get back to normal. This is truly effecting my "emotional state"
I feel so down. I try to stay pro active and happy... but you know when your vagina is just not normal... its hard to think about anything else.
is anyone with me on that??

I dont have a odor... but man this seriously sucks
okay... im going to try and remain more on the positive side!

QUOTE(mg86 @ Jul 10 2008, 01:20 PM) *
girl, frustrated -
welcome! yes you're in the right place. it took me forever to quote an entry for some reason so looks like you are on the right track smile.gif this is definitely the right thread and I can assure you I share your frustration. The one thing I have learned here that has helped me immensely is the use of probiotics. One that a lot of ladies use here (including myself) is Jarrow Fem Dopholus (unsure of spelling). I buy it from iherb.com. It is expensive, but worth it in my opinion. Some people have seen results with FemD alone, but for me taking it while also on Flagyl, Clindesse, etc. seems to work. Good luck!

neverending

hope all is ok with you! I agree with melis that it sounds like trich. I am so sorry you are having to deal with all of that. I hope you are able to go to the doctor very soon...keep us posted!

As for me, I had my follow up appointment with my obgyn this morning. I had to wait forever!! Ugh..anyway, I used Clindesse last Tuesday and evidently it is still in there which explains the weird discharge and slight itching. Today is my last day of taking Flagyl THANK GOD. The last few days I have not been taking FemD as religiously the past few days because my iherb shipment was late and I had a last minute move (long story).

Also it seems like no matter what, my FemD from iherb is always cold when it arrives. I thought overnight shipping would do the trick and it is still warm. I put it in the fridge as soon as I can, but I am still worried about it's potency. Not to mention I paid for overnight shipping on SUNDAY and my order was not shipped until TUESDAY...I have been meaning to call to see if I can get some kind of adjustment but I've been so busy.

Anyway there hasn't been any odor and I think things are on their way to normal. I'll check back in in about a week and let you all know how things are going.

Hope all's well!

+Quote Post
mg86
post Jul 10 2008, 12:03 PM
Post #1425

BUSTie

QUOTE(Girl, frustrated @ Jul 10 2008, 12:37 PM) *
sorry if i posted in the wrong area...i am trying to figure out how this board works...

girl, frustrated -
welcome! yes you're in the right place. it took me forever to quote an entry for some reason so looks like you are on the right track smile.gif this is definitely the right thread and I can assure you I share your frustration. The one thing I have learned here that has helped me immensely is the use of probiotics. One that a lot of ladies use here (including myself) is Jarrow Fem Dopholus (unsure of spelling). I buy it from iherb.com. It is expensive, but worth it in my opinion. Some people have seen results with FemD alone, but for me taking it while also on Flagyl, Clindesse, etc. seems to work. Good luck!

neverending

hope all is ok with you! I agree with melis that it sounds like trich. I am so sorry you are having to deal with all of that. I hope you are able to go to the doctor very soon...keep us posted!

As for me, I had my follow up appointment with my obgyn this morning. I had to wait forever!! Ugh..anyway, I used Clindesse last Tuesday and evidently it is still in there which explains the weird discharge and slight itching. Today is my last day of taking Flagyl THANK GOD. The last few days I have not been taking FemD as religiously the past few days because my iherb shipment was late and I had a last minute move (long story).

Also it seems like no matter what, my FemD from iherb is always cold when it arrives. I thought overnight shipping would do the trick and it is still warm. I put it in the fridge as soon as I can, but I am still worried about it's potency. Not to mention I paid for overnight shipping on SUNDAY and my order was not shipped until TUESDAY...I have been meaning to call to see if I can get some kind of adjustment but I've been so busy.

Anyway there hasn't been any odor and I think things are on their way to normal. I'll check back in in about a week and let you all know how things are going.

Hope all's well!

+Quote Post
Girl, frustrated
post Jul 10 2008, 10:20 AM
Post #1426

BUSTie

QUOTE(Girl, frustrated @ Jul 10 2008, 11:34 AM) *
"our bodies, our hells" accurate title. i am dealing with a non-stop bacterial vaginosis infection. 4th week of antibiotic (metrozole, clindycin, tindamax)--yes, the spelling is wrong, i am certain. nothing works! i am 31 and i have only had one other bv infection to my knowledge. i haven't been having sex with multi partners or anything. i bought some acidophilus to take orally. i don't know. it is very FRUSTRATING!!! mad.gif

sorry if i posted in the wrong area...i am trying to figure out how this board works...

+Quote Post
Girl, frustrated
post Jul 10 2008, 10:17 AM
Post #1427

BUSTie

"our bodies, our hells" accurate title. i am dealing with a non-stop bacterial vaginosis infection. 4th week of antibiotic (metrozole, clindycin, tindamax)--yes, the spelling is wrong, i am certain. nothing works! i am 31 and i have only had one other bv infection to my knowledge. i haven't been having sex with multi partners or anything. i bought some acidophilus to take orally. i don't know. it is very FRUSTRATING!!! mad.gif

+Quote Post
melis19750
post Jul 9 2008, 01:43 PM
Post #1428

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Jul 9 2008, 12:15 PM) *
I am having lower (left) abdominal pain also. This morning I went to the bathroom and there was a dime size glob of what looked like blood and green slimy dis. Not forest green but a sort of light green, it's more now since I tried to wear the nuvaring again. Had to take it out again. I think this is some type of infection but I'm not quite sure what it is. I don't have insurance right now and the health department takes months to get in. Why do we not have universal health care in this country? Sheesh! The smell is not unbearable right now. I do the perfume to crotch method right now. I'm hoping this is just an infection from the nuvaring. Maybe?!

Oh Lord, thats aweful! I'm so sorry to hear that. My prayers are with you!
I think green discharge is a sign of an infection. They usually say green means trich... which is a very common STD. but, it could be something else. See a physician asap!
Im with you on universal health care. this stuff sometimes makes me want to move to canada and become a canadian cit just to have their health care.

I do have insurance but its sooo expensive

well today, I will repot Im a lot better
Im taking femdophilus every day. i upped my dosage to 2 pills 3 times a day, im also eating much healtheir
and avoiding sugar...
as well as doing a "candida cleanse" from being on anti biotics the last 2 months...

but today my discharge is odor free and clear... although I have a lot of it...
we will see what happens on friday when i see my obgyn
hopefully its good news

i want to be back to my healthy self

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jul 9 2008, 10:58 AM
Post #1429

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(melis19750 @ Jul 9 2008, 05:42 AM) *
oh i forgot to mention
im starting to get lower abdominal pain
I wonder if its from BV??

I see my OBGYN on friday
we will see what she says
im so worried!

I am having lower (left) abdominal pain also. This morning I went to the bathroom and there was a dime size glob of what looked like blood and green slimy dis. Not forest green but a sort of light green, it's more now since I tried to wear the nuvaring again. Had to take it out again. I think this is some type of infection but I'm not quite sure what it is. I don't have insurance right now and the health department takes months to get in. Why do we not have universal health care in this country? Sheesh! The smell is not unbearable right now. I do the perfume to crotch method right now. I'm hoping this is just an infection from the nuvaring. Maybe?!

+Quote Post
melis19750
post Jul 8 2008, 10:25 PM
Post #1430

Hardcore BUSTie

oh i forgot to mention
im starting to get lower abdominal pain
I wonder if its from BV??

I see my OBGYN on friday
we will see what she says
im so worried!

+Quote Post
melis19750
post Jul 8 2008, 03:10 PM
Post #1431

Hardcore BUSTie

you know mine disolved....
how crazy is it we all experience something different
but I did break mine open before instering it.
so..... maybe thats the trick?

But I will say day #1- it did not irritate me at all
and day #2 -today,,,, it really irritated my vulvar area...
so Im not going to use it anymore vaginally
just oral use only

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Jul 8 2008, 09:56 AM
Post #1432

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(melis19750 @ Jul 8 2008, 01:30 AM) *
so im trying one femdophilus pill vaginally tonight. I once had a BAD reaction to Gyn-na-tryn
vaginal pro biotic
but so far, so good...
lets see what happens

ill post results later

I wouldn't do it vaginally if I were you. I tried that and it did nothing. The capsule didn't even dissolve in there completely. It was a clumpy mess. But good luck. THey work wonders orally. I usually take about 3 or 4 at a time. The two at a time did nothing for me.

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jul 8 2008, 04:26 AM
Post #1433

Hardcore BUSTie

No, Enzara is different than Femanol. Enzara is not a probiotic...it's a useless pill made by a company out to scam women. They claimed to have a cure for BV...all you had to do was buy an $80 or so bottle of pills once a month. The same company makes numerous other products and have been cited in a negative light on by the better business bureau.

+Quote Post
melis19750
post Jul 7 2008, 11:13 PM
Post #1434

Hardcore BUSTie

so im trying one femdophilus pill vaginally tonight. I once had a BAD reaction to Gyn-na-tryn
vaginal pro biotic
but so far, so good...
lets see what happens

ill post results later

+Quote Post
melis19750
post Jul 7 2008, 07:57 PM
Post #1435

Hardcore BUSTie

so... has anyone ever tried inserting femdophilus vaginally? If so what were your results?
The website states it might cure BV better than metro gel when inserting 2 femdophilus pills at bed time for 5 nights.

Im curious
but wonder if it will cause more harm than good or irritation

a few years back when I had GBS overgrowth
I used a probiotic in the vagina (Gyn-Na-Tryn) and it caused severe ITCHING and burning

also, repHresh does not work for me..
it also causes irritation

I first used it... was fine, but recently tried it and it made my vagina swell
it was HORRIBLE!!!

I wont ever use repHresh again

I just want to be "normal again"

all this female stuff is making me sad!

+Quote Post
lemontart68
post Jul 7 2008, 03:28 PM
Post #1436

Hi all,
Been lurking for a month or so and I had to register to post what happened to me.

Since Feb, I have been treated 3 times for BV, flagyl, cleocin...they worked only temporarily. I was at my wit's end like most of you here.
2 weeks ago I had the symptoms return and I decided to wait it out instead of running to the gyn for another med. I had to see my reg doctor for a normal checkup (I have lots of existing health conditions, main one is heart failure).
Well my reg doctor heard something in my lungs and he thought I was developing pneumonia so he gave me 7 days of Avelox. I also started taking Fem Dolphilus which I ordered online, packed in ice, twice a day.
My BV is gone! I am hoping it stays gone. I think I might have had a staph infection, vaginal staph? I am not sure. All I know is the Avelox and Fem Dolphilus worked for me. I pray the Fem Dolphilus keeps it away but if not, I will be asking my gyn for Avelox, not flagyl or cleocin.

+Quote Post
melis19750
post Jul 6 2008, 08:05 PM
Post #1437

Hardcore BUSTie

Is enzara the same thing as femanol?

If so, dude Im stupid for buying it. I just ordered Femanol for $67.00 today. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

today I did a douche my NP doc reccomended... 3 TBS of Hydrogen Peroxide mixed with 1 tsp of boric acid. I feel better now...
my discharge was kinda white and stringy....
it looked weird... not like my normal clear discharge.

ugg right now being female truly sucks
i think men have it so much easier

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jul 6 2008, 07:31 PM
Post #1438

Hardcore BUSTie

Neverending: I hope things are okay!!

I just had to come in here and let you guys know that I think Enzara has been discontinued. I saw it being sold on Amazon.com so I got curious and googled it and noticed that several websites say it is discontinued and the link to their direct website is no longer active. I guess the better business bureau finally caught on to their scams! I still want my $70 or however much I paid back. mad.gif I was going to get a refund but their refund process was outrageous. You had to write a one page essay about why you were returning it, fill out pages and pages of forms, and I guess I was just lazy so I didn't do it. Oh well...

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jul 6 2008, 02:23 PM
Post #1439

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey, Ladies! I am still having the same problems. I don't really know what's going on but i'm gaining weight rapidly. (20lbs) My feet and now my hands swell everyday now. How exciting right! Anyway, don't have insurance right now so i'm going to have to rough it right now.

+Quote Post
melis19750
post Jul 5 2008, 10:19 PM
Post #1440

Hardcore BUSTie

PSS
I am currently taking femdophillis
and using garlic suppositorys (1 clove at bed time 2 nights on and 1 night off)

before seeing my OBGYn
Garlic is supposed to decrease the overgrowth of Group B strep naturally
from heavy to low
and as well as kill off yeast over growth
Im also taking a natural candida product to kill off the over growth of yeast being I have been on a couple anti biotics (oral and vaginal) in the last 2 months

anyhow
anyone try the femanol
just curious if it worked for you or not
there are a few reviews on it... but im skeptical thinking it might be the people selling it writing the reviews... you never know being this is the internet and all!

PSS i dont use tampons
I change my undies daily
I wear cotton only
NO THONGS
and I also take 2-3 showers per day
being I teach dance
and when I get a break i take a shower
I use cetaphil unscented soap (it says its pH balanced)

okay see my story below
you can also e-mail me at; Lissadances4life@aim.com

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 70 71 72 73 74 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 18, 2014 - 06:15 PM