Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 168 169 170 171 172 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
Italianwife88
post Jun 3 2007, 11:57 PM
Post #3381

BUSTie

post menopausal? I'm 19. Could I have estrogen problems already?

I'll let you know what happens with the Boric Acid treatments, I hope it works. I dont want to live with this forever.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jun 3 2007, 10:30 PM
Post #3382

Hardcore BUSTie

Low carbs but i'm not sure! Thanks for sharing the info:)

Estrogen Cream or Estrogen-Releasing Vaginal Devices
Postmenopausal women with recurrent UTIs may consider the use of an estrogen vaginal cream or estrogen-releasing vaginal ring (Estring). Estrogen may resist infection by increasing the number of lactobacilli, the microorganism that fights infection by lowering the vaginal pH levels and preventing E. coli from adhering to vaginal cells. Estrogen creams and estrogen-releasing rings may help reduce the risk of recurring urinary tract infections. Oral hormone replacement therapies that contain estrogen do not seem to provide the same benefit as the topical forms. Estrogen HRT carries many health risks, including an increased risk for breast cancer and heart disease. It is not clear if vaginal forms of estrogen are associated with these risks.

+Quote Post
Italianwife88
post Jun 3 2007, 07:20 PM
Post #3383

BUSTie

Well since I have only been seeing a primary physician because I dont have insurance I was being wrongly diagnosed with yeast infections. I would take diflican pills even back to back; take a pill wait 5 days take a pill, and it always seemed to return. I had a culture and it came back BV so i was treated once for that. I kept getting UTI's along the way. So I was at the doctor every week for UTI, yeast or BV. I did monistat once and took some presciptions for BV once. When it came back this time they decided it was chronic and needed something stronger. I started the boric acid suppositorys this week and they will last for 2 months... thats a long time and frustration expecially since the first week of this medicine will be in company of my period. thats just uncomfortable on top of uncomfortable.

I have thought it might be might diet affecting me since im in love with chocolate sugar and caffine. I try to cut back. any advice on what kind of diet i should maintain?

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jun 3 2007, 04:32 PM
Post #3384

Hardcore BUSTie

WELCOME ITALIANWIFE! Tell us a little about what you have tried? I fixed my problem with estrogen=estroil.

+Quote Post
Italianwife88
post Jun 3 2007, 12:29 PM
Post #3385

BUSTie

Hi, im new:)

My name is Christina I'm 19 I live in North Carolina.
I've been battling multiple infections since I began being active.
no I dont have a STD.
I've been treated for BV and yeast infections for almost a year now, its exhausting, stressful, and EXPENSIVE;especially without insurance or a good job.

I started a Boric Acid treatment that I have to do for 2 months. I'm pretty new to all this chronic stuff and often think what did i ever do to deserve this hell.

rolleyes.gif

hope to get to know all of you.

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 2 2007, 05:00 AM
Post #3386

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(CanCan @ Jun 1 2007, 01:45 PM) *
All these variants of bacteria are getting me confused. I don't even have the energy to figure out which one I have. Every time I go to a new doctor, it is costing me time and money. I think the thing I am going to do for now, as long as I can hold out, is do the no sugar diet. I have been doing it for the past month and a half. And so far so good. I don't know if I got rid of the infection or not, but I seem to be controlling it. No discharge and no smell. I know that some women get relapses a month down the road, or even two or three months down the road, so that is scary. I am going to stay on this diet. But I am suffering, because I love sugar, and I can't figure out what I can eat. Are there any sugar-free desserts out there that are actually sugar free? I need chocolate or ice cream. And when I read the labels, it looks like there is still some kind of sugar in them. Like sorbitol, mannitol and xylitol.. which are sugar alcohols, but still sugar. I know we don't digest them because of their different chemical composition; but are the bacteria still able to eat them? Does anyone know? Because, if the fake sugars are still feeding the bacteria, then that rules that out.

I am confused as hell too. I went about 4 days without eating, I had myself so stressed out. My new battle plan I'm gonna try is an alkaline diet. Even got myself a couple cookbooks. I'm just gonna avoid refined sugars and fruits and see if that gets me anywhere. I also read that bacteria eat iron, so I'm stopped taking my vitamins with iron added, and I'm just gonna give my body the bare minium it needs of that.

I have no other options, as I can't stick anything else inside my vagina ( to damn scared to anyways lol) I am taking vinegar baths (organic apple cider) and that stuff is expensive...do they sell it by the gallons? One 16 oz bottle is $3.29. I chain smoked my last pack of ciggs...and no more alcohol for at least three months. (keeping my fingers crossed)

My doctor did say he would (consider) " b "injections. I think it might help me because I suffer from anxiety and until I can bitch slap myself back to normal...I'm up shit creek without a paddle.

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 1 2007, 05:35 PM
Post #3387

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ Jun 1 2007, 03:44 PM) *
Ok. So, when I was told that they found strep in my culture, it was the nurse who didn't know how to read the culture that told me. I just got off the phone with my actual doctor and he said that they found E. coli in there. So, he's going to call in a week of Cipro. Its not too surprising that E. Coli could get in there. He didn't even know if it was something that should be treated or not but decided that since it was found deep in the vagina that it should be taken care of. He said that we were going to give it a try and be "scientific." lol. I love this doctor.

Maybe that will work for you Morphia...my doctor stold me that bacteria can migrate from your ass to your vagina, as well as yeast... I wonder how much build up you have of it in there? Are we not suppose to have any at all there?

My doctor told me to iron my underwear, sheets, and towels... I feel like Martha Stewart on acid. He also said to bathe morning and night (which I already did) but to use a hair dryer on my snatch ( to prevent yeast). (and I thought I was the one with the obcessive disorder. lol.

I have calmed my self down over my baby being exposed to strep, because I got to thinking...he did have an x-ray..if that bacteria was built up in his lungs..wouldn't that have showed up? His legs are screwed up though..and the doctor is concerned..I also called her and he is getting checked out on Monday.

The reason why I was curious as to whether the lactobacillus get their oxygen from our vaginal skin cells or just ventilation.... is I found a couple items that improve oxygenation of tissues.....
Superoxide dismutase plus dimethyglycine and
Aerobic 07

this Kyo-green from Wakunaga....supplies nutrients and chlorophyll needed for tissue repair and cleanses the blood

Anyone tried these?

+Quote Post
Morphia
post Jun 1 2007, 02:27 PM
Post #3388

Hardcore BUSTie

Ok. So, when I was told that they found strep in my culture, it was the nurse who didn't know how to read the culture that told me. I just got off the phone with my actual doctor and he said that they found E. coli in there. So, he's going to call in a week of Cipro. Its not too surprising that E. Coli could get in there. He didn't even know if it was something that should be treated or not but decided that since it was found deep in the vagina that it should be taken care of. He said that we were going to give it a try and be "scientific." lol. I love this doctor.

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Jun 1 2007, 12:28 PM
Post #3389

Hardcore BUSTie

All these variants of bacteria are getting me confused. I don't even have the energy to figure out which one I have. Every time I go to a new doctor, it is costing me time and money. I think the thing I am going to do for now, as long as I can hold out, is do the no sugar diet. I have been doing it for the past month and a half. And so far so good. I don't know if I got rid of the infection or not, but I seem to be controlling it. No discharge and no smell. I know that some women get relapses a month down the road, or even two or three months down the road, so that is scary. I am going to stay on this diet. But I am suffering, because I love sugar, and I can't figure out what I can eat. Are there any sugar-free desserts out there that are actually sugar free? I need chocolate or ice cream. And when I read the labels, it looks like there is still some kind of sugar in them. Like sorbitol, mannitol and xylitol.. which are sugar alcohols, but still sugar. I know we don't digest them because of their different chemical composition; but are the bacteria still able to eat them? Does anyone know? Because, if the fake sugars are still feeding the bacteria, then that rules that out.

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 1 2007, 07:28 AM
Post #3390

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(CanCan @ May 31 2007, 05:55 PM) *
You went to your doctor, and the doctor found strep? I found some information on a website, read the link below. Maybe you can contact this website and ask them for some advice. You will probably get more advice from them then from a doctor. I mean, didn't your doctor tell you how to treat it? Also, you being on Flagyl for that long, with the side effects that you are feeling is worrying. I would stop taking it if I were you. Maybe it works for some people, but what if it isn't agreeing with you? I have a question, how much of the Flagyl are you taking? I was reading somewhere that the quantity of Flagyl isn't as important as the frequency. So taking it every day, but taking less would be as effective.
[ There are two main types of bacterial vaginal infections, a general mixed bacteria infection called bacterial vaginosis (BV) and a streptococcal bacterial vaginosis. Either one of them can be associated with complications for a pregnant woman. BV can lead to preterm labor and delivery. Streptococcal vaginitis can do the same and, in addition, it can cause an infection in the newborn baby. This is a very serious infection and about 4% of babies who get this infection die and the ones who survive have other serious infections in the brain, lung and bone.

What is a streptococcal vaginosis?

Vaginosis caused by streptococcus presents as a creamy, white discharge. There is not usually a burning of the vulva as there is with yeast infection and the discharge is not very odorous like a bacterial vaginosis. If the doctor looks at the discharge under a microscope, there are no white blood cells and no lactobacilli, the normal bacteria of the vagina.

There are several streptococcal species that can be present in the vagina, group A, B and D strep. About 70% of strep vaginosis is due to group B and about 30% are due to group D. Group A infections are rare.

Strep vaginosis can occur spontaneously but very often it is caused by the antibiotic treatment given for bacterial vaginosis. Metronidazole (Flagyl®) is the usual treatment for BV but it does not treat strep, therefore an overgrowth of streptococcus frequently occurs. This is such a problem that one vaginal cream, clindamycin vaginal cream, which was frequently used for bacterial vaginosis during pregnancy, is no longer approved because it results in a strep vaginosis. Oral clindamycin is still approved for bacterial vaginosis and there is no evidence that it produces a strep overgrowth.

http://www.wdxcyber.com/npapvg11.htm ]

Hey everyone...I'm really FUCKING worried. I didn't get to the hospital to deliver my baby until I was 9 and a half centimeters dialated. I'm hoping he didn't get strep passed to him. I hope I"m over reacting. I have had him to the ER for "croup" twice..OH YEAH...his legs (they aren't growing right)

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 1 2007, 05:05 AM
Post #3391

Hardcore BUSTie

I had to take my son to the doctor again yesterday...and he was seen by someone who really cares...she thinks its possible that he may be just a "carrier" of the bacteria that causes strep throat..and has been treated for it for NO DAMN REASON AT ALL. She made him an appointment to do some testing on him when he is healthy.

Finally, in one day, I get 2 bits of information that I should have been told about a LONG time ago.

Obviously, if we don't ask, many doctors aren't gonna tell us what they should.

THANK YOU AGAIN CANCAN.

I have another appointment with my doctor in 2 weeks. He mentioned that it is possible that I have deficientcy of the b vitamin complex...not likely..but possible....

Often, women with bv are deficient with those vitamins.

He also told me not to take zinc two hours before and two hours after my antibotics.

So, it is important that you tell your doctor what vitamins you are taking.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jun 1 2007, 04:56 AM
Post #3392

Hardcore BUSTie

I've been on the clindamycin cream twice before for my BV so that is nice to know. You think someone would have figured it out before millions of women were treated using that cream. This pisses me off!

+Quote Post
lori
post May 31 2007, 07:32 PM
Post #3393

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ May 31 2007, 06:14 PM) *
CANCAN,
I have been searching months for information about strep b..THANK YOU!

Ditto that. Thank you CanCan! That is some very fascinating information.

Strep vaginosis can occur spontaneously but very often it is caused by the antibiotic treatment given for bacterial vaginosis. Metronidazole (Flagyl®) is the usual treatment for BV but it does not treat strep, therefore an overgrowth of streptococcus frequently occurs. This is such a problem that one vaginal cream, clindamycin vaginal cream, which was frequently used for bacterial vaginosis during pregnancy, is no longer approved because it results in a strep vaginosis. Oral clindamycin is still approved for bacterial vaginosis and there is no evidence that it produces a strep overgrowth.

(This is some pretty amazing stuff, right here.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 31 2007, 06:57 PM
Post #3394

Hardcore BUSTie

CANCAN,
I have been searching months for information about strep b..THANK YOU!

+Quote Post
CanCan
post May 31 2007, 04:38 PM
Post #3395

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 30 2007, 06:50 PM) *
Ok, so I'm back. I wanted to let you all know that I cultured positive for strep. But I don't exactly know what that means. Don't we all have strep in there? Is it something that needs to be treated?

I also wanted to mention that I've been on the Flagyl for 11 days now and the fatigue is damn near unbearable. My arms feel like they're going numb and I'm so weak. I'm assuming this is a very bad sign and I should probably stop taking it.

You went to your doctor, and the doctor found strep? I found some information on a website, read the link below. Maybe you can contact this website and ask them for some advice. You will probably get more advice from them then from a doctor. I mean, didn't your doctor tell you how to treat it? Also, you being on Flagyl for that long, with the side effects that you are feeling is worrying. I would stop taking it if I were you. Maybe it works for some people, but what if it isn't agreeing with you? I have a question, how much of the Flagyl are you taking? I was reading somewhere that the quantity of Flagyl isn't as important as the frequency. So taking it every day, but taking less would be as effective.

[ There are two main types of bacterial vaginal infections, a general mixed bacteria infection called bacterial vaginosis (BV) and a streptococcal bacterial vaginosis. Either one of them can be associated with complications for a pregnant woman. BV can lead to preterm labor and delivery. Streptococcal vaginitis can do the same and, in addition, it can cause an infection in the newborn baby. This is a very serious infection and about 4% of babies who get this infection die and the ones who survive have other serious infections in the brain, lung and bone.

What is a streptococcal vaginosis?

Vaginosis caused by streptococcus presents as a creamy, white discharge. There is not usually a burning of the vulva as there is with yeast infection and the discharge is not very odorous like a bacterial vaginosis. If the doctor looks at the discharge under a microscope, there are no white blood cells and no lactobacilli, the normal bacteria of the vagina.

There are several streptococcal species that can be present in the vagina, group A, B and D strep. About 70% of strep vaginosis is due to group B and about 30% are due to group D. Group A infections are rare.

http://www.wdxcyber.com/npapvg11.htm ]

+Quote Post
CanCan
post May 31 2007, 04:06 PM
Post #3396

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ May 31 2007, 06:54 AM) *
Did your dotor tell you what the name was of the strain of the strep b he found...I think there is several group b's (not sure). I do know I'm a carrier of strepoccuccos group b (not sure if that is how it is spelled)..researchers still don't know a lot about that strain (imagine that)...from the little information that I have read. Is the strep b you have the same that causes strep throat or another?

I just found some info on a website:
'Is group B strep the same as strep throat?

No. Strep throat is caused by group A streptococcus bacteria. Group A and group B streptococcus are different kinds of bacteria. They both belong to the same family, but they are different species.'

[ http://www.cdc.gov/groupBstrep/general/gen_public_faq.htm ]

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 31 2007, 04:37 AM
Post #3397

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 30 2007, 05:50 PM) *
Ok, so I'm back. I wanted to let you all know that I cultured positive for strep. But I don't exactly know what that means. Don't we all have strep in there? Is it something that needs to be treated?

I also wanted to mention that I've been on the Flagyl for 11 days now and the fatigue is damn near unbearable. My arms feel like they're going numb and I'm so weak. I'm assuming this is a very bad sign and I should probably stop taking it.

Did your dotor tell you what the name was of the strain of the strep b he found...I think there is several group b's (not sure). I do know I'm a carrier of strepoccuccos group b (not sure if that is how it is spelled)..researchers still don't know a lot about that strain (imagine that)...from the little information that I have read. Is the strep b you have the same that causes strep throat or another?

I do know that I was treated with antibotics for the strain I mentioned above before both of the delivery's of my children..and my seven year old has had strep throat several times this year, (and in the past) and suffers from chronic ear infections...and he isn't as responsive to antibotics as he should be... I'm gonna start giving him probotics too..because he has been on antibotics so many times ...he has diahahea(sp) often at least 3 times a week and gets headaches (at least once a month) that hurt him so bad he gets sick to his stomach.. his doctors aren't concerned about it , however I am. (well he is on the states insurance though too)

I have to take him to the doctor today, again, like every month. (Get nasty letters from his school about his attendance.)

I'll be back later to bitch. lol.

+Quote Post
ilovehim
post May 30 2007, 07:22 PM
Post #3398

BUSTie

hey guys how you all doing?

Everything's still the same with me. =| Has anyone found anything new to try?

--------------------
[font="Garamond"][/font][size="2"][/size]&hearts; Yours Truly...

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 30 2007, 04:33 PM
Post #3399

Hardcore BUSTie

+Quote Post
lori
post May 30 2007, 11:10 AM
Post #3400

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(bvgirl @ May 30 2007, 05:46 AM) *
To prevent this staff infection from happening again (I dont know if you may want to inform your doctor that you were using the hydrogen perioxide) maybe you should discontinue it and look into other products. It just sounds so very scary to me because if he prescribed all that medicine for you it must be serious. Also, try giving your vagina a break after this episode by not inserting anything in it for a while. I went a whole month without inserting anything(It may be easier said than done since I currently have been bv free but try it). GET WELL....

I agree with bvgirl. Don't look into other products, but really give your vagina a break. I think you should absolutely inform your doctor about the garlic, HP, etc. that you've been using if you haven't already - give your doctor a full picture so s/he can have even 1/2 a chance to figure out what's going on.

I think your doctor gave you all those antibiotics because he suspects an active infection, esp. since your cervix is inflamed. Or is it just for the staph? In any case, let the antibiotics do their thing, and don't use any products in your vagina.

Make sure to continue taking your probiotics, though! And please share your culture results with us when you get them.

--------------------

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 168 169 170 171 172 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 23, 2014 - 11:26 AM