The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

120 Pages V  « < 117 118 119 120 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
polly_esther
post Apr 30 2006, 06:35 AM
Post #2361

BUSTie

Khaki pants in general give the appearance of donkey butt. I wonder why that is? Is it the chino cut? The color? And the fact that most people wear them in pleats, well, that just makes the situation all the worse. That said, le garcon's bff wears them all the time, but I've been good about not referring to him as "pig butt" in a while.
I decree that all khakis worn must be constructed as flattering flat front. So it is said, so it is done.

(if only it were that easy)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
possum
post Apr 30 2006, 12:52 AM
Post #2362

BUSTie

The clogs of which you speak are called Crocs. I wear them almost every day to work, but in black and not some bright-as-fuck color. They are lightweight, let yr feets breathe, and I am on my feet most of the day and they're still very comfortable and provide good arch support (no small feat for my uber high arches).

So there. I wear 'em. I am debating getting a soft pink pair.

--------------------

+Quote Post
katiebelle2882
post Apr 29 2006, 07:22 PM
Post #2363

Hardcore BUSTie

ohhhh woman, kind of large, khaki colored mom jeans that made her ass look huge, white shirt, and the kicker-white patent leather clunky heels and WHITE socks you could see cause her pants were too short. oy

--------------------
“There's something about the Irish that is remarkable.”-François de la Rochefoucauld

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post Apr 29 2006, 05:35 PM
Post #2364

Hardcore BUSTie

missladyj - I have some that I bought years ago, before they got "way cool" and I got them through an outdoor outfitter for when I kayak and canoe. They float, so I can see 'em if they get away from me, and they are good for getting about in the water and clean up right easily..... no soggy tennis shoes and sox, YUCK! BUT, for the life of me, I can not figure out why everyone in the world is now sporting them as a fashion statement! Is the world just that full of kayaking nature buffs, or have I missed something too? I do wear mine about but I am kind of guilty of always dressing for an outdoor adventure..... I usually end up in some creek or lake or river anyway, no matter where I am.

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Apr 29 2006, 05:03 PM
Post #2365

Hardcore BUSTie

what the fuck is up with the hideous brightly colored gardening clogs with holes in them?

someone please explain this disgusting trend to me because I just don't get it!

+Quote Post
maimy
post Apr 28 2006, 07:44 PM
Post #2366

Hardcore BUSTie

Polly, you are a stone cold riot. *Grin*

+Quote Post
mornington
post Apr 28 2006, 02:39 PM
Post #2367

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

today's sighting. not sure if it's actually of CoF or just plain wierd but...
young male, mid-twenties. orange big-knit cotton jumper... you know, the fisherman-y ones. Blue trackpants. Khaki grey multi-pocket handyman coat with zip-off sleeves removed.

silver-threaded grey cotton women's scarf wrapped around his head.

i was completely bemused

+Quote Post
brett
post Apr 28 2006, 09:32 AM
Post #2368

Hardcore BUSTie

oooh, i've got one. spotted at work yesterday: blonde femmullet, with mall bangs and the back divided into two braids, a la pippi longstocking.

and the outfit: a cream colored sweater and khaki ankle-length skirt that did nothing for her. and black flat shoes that looked awful with the skirt. owie.

--------------------
there's more to life than making jam and having kids-damien hirst

+Quote Post
polly_esther
post Apr 28 2006, 07:28 AM
Post #2369

BUSTie

First of all, quietmadness, your girl was a pair of oversized rhinestone sunglasses and rainbow suspenders away from Elton John's turn as the Pinball Wizard in Tommy. Truly frightening.

Second. Guachos. Let's see, let's take the widest part of the body, pull that width down to mid calf, ever widening on the way down, and stick some eensy little bird feet on the end. Oh, and just to salt the wounds, make them the most camel toe inducing, jello booty giving pants in the whole wide world. Is a damn James Bond villain behind fashion trends these days?

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Apr 28 2006, 06:55 AM
Post #2370

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

I know, mornington- I've seen a few women at work wearing gauchos, women of all sizes, and besides the fact that no one seems to know what tops and shoes to pair them with, they make their asses look awful. The worst was actually a woman who was quite slim, but has a bit of an ass on her...the gauchos she was wearing were made out of some kind of loose, stretchy, flouncy material and it was really obvious that she was either going commando or wearing a thong because there was nothing supporting her butt and this fabric just bounced around her butt with every step. It was ridiculous!

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
mornington
post Apr 28 2006, 03:20 AM
Post #2371

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

mm-mm, they sure sound tasty, luci

I'm seeing more and more gauchos on the streets of london. The girl wearing them wasn't large by any means, but they just made her ass look huuuuuuge. And the flat shoes? Milk-bottle ankles!
they will not learn that gauchos only ever look "good" if you're skinny as kate moss

and also my friend's gf: capri-length jeans, black trainer things... and pale blue ankle socks. I wanted to shake her and go "you're a sweetly pretty girl, you're past teenage, stop dressing like a mid-ninties thirteen-year-old".

+Quote Post
lucizoe
post Apr 27 2006, 01:20 PM
Post #2372

Mr. Flibble's very cross.

Oh, man. I didn't see this actually on anyone, but goddess-willing I soon will. We all know that cargo pants had their day, and, in some construction/camping circles, remain necessary. However, I saw a pair of linen pants in a boutique window yesterday that I just might have to go take a picture of just so I can post it. Elastic waist, midcalf length, with huge saddlebag-like elastic-top pockets beginning mid-hip and continuing down to just about below-the-knee.

They are ghastly and I hope hope hope I see someone wearing them.

+Quote Post
runningwestward
post Apr 25 2006, 12:21 PM
Post #2373

Hardcore BUSTie

I would like to report my roommate. She's a great girl. Has some great clothing and 90% of the time is well dressed. Enviable even. She has animal print under control and wears it well. But then she goes and puts on the loose, hangy, ass feeding gauchos. Or what about her dresses that look more like nightgowns. Last night I could have sworn I walked into the Grease sleepover scene only to realize it was not Sandy at the kitchen table but my roommate just getting home from work... in a white dress with a sparse pattern of small pink flowers... I wanted to touch the thing to make sure it wasn't flannel because it was so worn it looked like flannel. Not to mention the elastic arm band and ruffles.

+Quote Post
damona
post Apr 25 2006, 11:32 AM
Post #2374

can i go to bed now?

i have seen several women lately wearing dark (navy or brown) pants with a striped shirt tucked in and a white skinny belt. it's not a flattering look. i don't understand why it seems to be everywhere all of a sudden.

the guy in the plaid suits seems to be really confident. i mean, why else would you leave the house looking like that???

--------------------
"give me life, give me pain, give me myself again" - tori amos

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Apr 25 2006, 04:59 AM
Post #2375

Hardcore BUSTie

It's officially SPRING, right?
Yeah.
At the gas station yesterday:
Navy blue t-shirt with some cool looking logo on it. (cool enough)
COMBAT STYLE KNEE-HIGH BOOTS in some funky orangey-reddish brown, with a zipper going right up the sides. (full combat sole-extra thick)
..........and ......
GAUCHOS--THICK winter weight GREENISH TAN ones, with a CUFF at the bottom.
yeah.

+Quote Post
whammy_bar
post Apr 24 2006, 05:19 PM
Post #2376

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey, I'm with you guys. At least he's doing it *on purpose* I mean, wasn't the point of dyeing your hair crayon box colors : "Why make a fake color try to look 'natural'?"

+Quote Post
msgoofball
post Apr 24 2006, 01:12 PM
Post #2377

Hardcore BUSTie

last nite at dinner with the inlaws..we were talking about uncle B's trip in florida...and how a crime of fashion he was partaking in in had flocked unwanted attentions from male passerby on the beach...imagine...bright turquoise short shorts....with purple and green neon aqua socks. he had to get a new outfit to avoid all the 'attention' he was getting. hehehehehehehe.

+Quote Post
amilita
post Apr 24 2006, 12:26 PM
Post #2378

Me-yow!

I kinda like it...it reminds me of Malcolm McLaren and that whole 80s kind of vibe. Then I think of Adam Ant and all that fancy London stuff back then...oversized, acid-colored, loopy-knit sweaters on Johnny Rotten...and I just like it. He's dapper!

Sure I'd laugh if I saw him walking down the street, but I'd love to have dinner with him. And he knows people are laughing.

+Quote Post
herculesgirl
post Apr 24 2006, 09:45 AM
Post #2379

Hardcore BUSTie

That's the same guy...?

o.O

So it is! Wow!

+Quote Post
bustygirl
post Apr 24 2006, 08:55 AM
Post #2380

Hardcore BUSTie

That said, some of the suit up top are SHARP, particularly on the two on the right. Sharp, indeed.

I sometimes miss men in sharp suits and good hats. Of course, there's always our dear Speedy.

+Quote Post

120 Pages V  « < 117 118 119 120 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 22, 2014 - 08:08 AM