562 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kvetch Up
stargazer
post Jan 10 2010, 01:00 PM
Post #81

brown delicious

Happy New Year Kvetchies!

Hi missJoy and qspice! Some of us are still here, some are on FB, and some of us, like me, do not have the time to post in here like I used to.

Brazil....OoOoOo....sounds nice right now! smile.gif

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
missjoy
post Jan 10 2010, 08:49 AM
Post #82

Hardcore BUSTie

I haven't posted in a (long) while but it appears some stuff has gone on here lately with trolls and mods that have left many unhappy.

Quantum I am totally jealous of you being somewhere warm. This cold Canadian winter is getting to me - mostly the snow when I need to commute to and from work quite far in the dark.

Perhaps I'll just dream about being in Brazil... lalalala...

+Quote Post
quantumspice
post Jan 10 2010, 05:53 AM
Post #83

Hardcore BUSTie

blink.gif

...where did everyone go? I hope you guys have been having a great 2010 -- I have been! I've got a week left in Brazil before heading back to the cold winter and moar school.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Dec 31 2009, 06:42 PM
Post #84

it's cards on the table time

Happy new year all! I am happy to see the end of 2009, I have to say...

I too have had this week 'off' but have work to correct and final vacay planning stuff to do before heading off next week. I am looking forward to what feels like a well deserved break.

*waves at jalia* I remember you! (I used to be celluloidchick; wincing at the name) Congrats, on both counts!!

Bring on 2010... Cheers! *clink*

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Dec 30 2009, 10:13 AM
Post #85

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

Welcome back Jaila. I don't remember you from before but it always nice to see people return.

Hello Futura. I had last week off. Going back to work yesterday was difficult! I'm at that phase where I probably need to get done with the holidays and resume my regular schedule. Due to a mix up with my school, I have no classes until March. It will then be totally crazy busy.

At the moment I am absolutely totally negative bank balance broke. The small pay check that comes this week will mostly fill the negative balance. It really sucks. Thank the goddess someone else is paying for my groceries but WOW I feel like a burdan at the moment. This tends to make me really start cleaning house with a frenzy. I figure if it the one thing I can do in this relationship, I better do it pretty damn well.

Happy New Year all!

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
futura
post Dec 30 2009, 06:20 AM
Post #86

Hardcore BUSTie

I don't think Bust's on life support either. I frequent a lot of other threads besides Kvetch, and it's business as usual. Like others said, it prolly has to do with FB, but a lull in this thread shows immediately, 'cos it moves so friggin fast yo.

I got the rest of the week off, so i'm here typing with a nice cuppa. Got some drawing to do. I'm hosting a aprty tomorrow evening, so i have to do some shopping as well. Rake in the bubbly and all that.

So, if i don't check in here before the new year, i wish you all a very merry NYE, see you on the other side!

Jaila! * waves * Now there's a name from way back when! Congrats on the marrying and the pregnancy!! (I used to be sonic/sonik)

--------------------
"It was when I found out I could make mistakes that I knew I was on to something"- Ornette Coleman

+Quote Post
jaila
post Dec 30 2009, 01:38 AM
Post #87

**Jaila cautiously enters after a loooong absence...**

Hellooo? How is everyone? Merry Christmas and happy various other hols! Been a big year for me, J and I got married (twice! Once was in Italy) and now we're pregnant! Meaning, of course, that *I* am pregnant, although if there were ANY OTHER WAY...

Hope all is well and everyone is safe and happy.

+Quote Post
billybonka
post Dec 24 2009, 11:27 AM
Post #88

Hardcore BUSTie

Merry Christmas, my friends. Be safe and be happy.

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Dec 19 2009, 08:06 PM
Post #89

Pacifism kicks ass!

((((((Sammy))))))))))))))
(((((((((((Billie and Mrs. Billie))))))))))))))))))))
Billy, some of us have been uncomfortable posting much on Bust since some shit went down with a moderator a couple of weeks ago. That's the reason why I'm not around as much lately. I can tolerate the occasional tr*ll, but when the people who run this place suspended the account of a regular member of the community it really shocked me. The head moderator said that there will be some new rules around here, but I haven't heard anything yet. At any rate, the who situation has been really unsettling to me. Maybe I'll get over it eventually and start posting here regularly again, but right now I'm kinda keeping my distance.

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Dec 19 2009, 08:50 AM
Post #90

I'm sorry to hear about Sammy, Billy. Of course it's not fair.

Coming up to 9 years for me... I don't plan on going anywhere and I think a lot of people are sticking around. Kvetch is slow though.

Keep us posted on how things are going...

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Dec 17 2009, 11:14 PM
Post #91

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

I don't think Bust is on life support. Kvetch might be. It has been slow in here, much of that b/c of FB.

It isn't fair that Sammy is doing poorly. I am very sorry to hear this. sad.gif

I think I am off to bed now. Have a nice night everyone!

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
billybonka
post Dec 17 2009, 03:21 PM
Post #92

Hardcore BUSTie

Sammy is back home, eating and drinking. The vet doesn't know why he stopped this time, but it's serious business. If it keeps happening, it's not fair to Sammy to put him through that ringer over and over. There's nothing fair about this whole affair.

It looks to me like Bust is on life support these days. Is social networking the force that's causing this? Not being a social networker and only a marginal Buster, I could soon be SOL. It's pretty freaking sad when two of the last four posts are from ME! This has been part of my life for 10 years. Sigh.

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Dec 15 2009, 08:52 AM
Post #93

sassygrrl

(((Billy)) (((Sammy)))
****pet vibes******

+Quote Post
pants
post Dec 15 2009, 05:32 AM
Post #94

Hardcore BUSTie

oh no billy, I hope they can get him fixed up and home soon.

--------------------
I am not a reliable narrator
This is a place where I talk about other stuff, and try to make it interesting.

+Quote Post
billybonka
post Dec 14 2009, 09:08 AM
Post #95

Hardcore BUSTie

Sammy has had a relapse and is in the hospital again this morning. Liver and kidney functions are not good. Sigh. Just two weeks ago his liver was looking good.

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Dec 11 2009, 02:56 PM
Post #96

sassygrrl

Awesome syb!

Knickers: Boring white ones.

Technology kvetches today.
Kvetch 1: My phone broke into pieces last night. Mcgeek and I are going to get Droid phones tonight! Yay!
Kvetch 2: I was trying to send an application for a job I really wanted, and it kept going thru blank on their end as a pdf file. I ended up snail mailing the damn thing b/c I couldn't get to the office in time. I missed the deadline, and probably lost the job.
Anti-kvetch: It's really cold tonight, so I'm making cottage pie. smile.gif

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Dec 11 2009, 06:12 AM
Post #97

I thought I'd pop in and rescue kvetch from obsolescence with a Friday knickers report: beige mesh boyshorts and no brar as am working from home.

I have not posted here in an age but have been following events elsewhere in the lounge. Life IRL has been fantastically busy, as usual, but I get a good long break over christmas and hope to go away in the New Year, so I just need to muddle through next week and I'm done. Still love my job teaching which sustains me enormously. I am looking forward to 2010 though: 2009 was bloody hard work.

Happy Friday all!

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Nov 27 2009, 02:18 PM
Post #98

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Foodgasm pictures!

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Nov 27 2009, 02:06 PM
Post #99

Hardcore BUSTie

polly, who needs may when you can have a hot turkey sandwich with gravy? However, as a mayo devotee I can understand the disappointment.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Nov 27 2009, 12:18 PM
Post #100

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

I've been away from Kvetch too long. Bad me.

Kvetch: We have no mayonnaise with which to make day-after-Thanksgiving turkey sandwiches and going to a store on Black Friday sounds like the ninth circle of hell to me. We're also low on toilet paper, though, so I may have to take one for the team.

How's the family visit going, kitten?

Yay for Bailey being home, sassy! Do they know what's causing this problem?

Thanksgiving was good. Went to cousin's/boss's house. I made two kinds of stuffing (yuefie's sausage & apple and a shrimp/bacon/collard greens one) that came out really good and a Nutella-banana pie. I was supposed to make the soup, too, but it was taking too long and we had to leave without it. I'll make it today, though. I'm not sure what to do with butternut squash soup for 20 people, but it'll freeze. Anyone who wants to stop by for some is more than welcome. smile.gif The highlight of the night was when my grandmother tried to set up humanist, who is in a committed relationship, with my cousin's brother-in-law. He's one of those people you try to avoid- he's a jazz musician, mostly does weddings. He's very talented and all, but the guy doesn't stop self-promoting for a minute and is just annoying as hell. Not to mention the fact that he's 20 years older than humanist. Anyway, during the meal he pretty much dominated the conversation at our table and boasted that he was named one of Chicago's most eligible bachelors (cousin's husband, his own brother, can't stand him, and says he hasn't been able to find any proof of this) and my grandmother says, "humanist, did you hear that? He's one of Chicago's most eligible bachelors!" "Um, and I live with my boyfriend who I love." "Oh, that doesn't matter." She was being dead serious and we laughed and laughed. While the brother-in-law sat there awkwardly. God, we're such bitches. laugh.gif When you mention stuff like that, though, you're just asking for ridicule.

Then LeBoy and I went to Thanksgiving, part 2 at his aunt's house. My cousin said next year, his family should just come to our dinner. I agree. This two-meal crap is getting old. Especially since we race out of my family's thing as soon as dessert is over to do his family and we pretty much eat dinner and everyone leaves at like 8:30....I was half-tempted to drive back out to my cousin's house, where people would be hanging around, socializing for another 2 hours. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post

562 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 23, 2014 - 11:42 AM