The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

31 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> For The Newbies...., ...post here before anywhere else...
acewalker
post Feb 24 2009, 05:05 PM
Post #421

BUSTie

okay cool, thanks!
i definitely don't want to invoke the wrath of busties.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Feb 24 2009, 02:35 AM
Post #422

new highs in personal lows daily!

DO NOT start a new thread.

trust me, you will piss busties off.
if you have an idea for a new thread, go to the community forum (here) and post it there. you can find out if there are enough people to contribute.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
acewalker
post Feb 23 2009, 09:27 PM
Post #423

BUSTie

i'm pretty new so i don't know if this is right, but i was thinkng of starting a new thread in Our Bodies Our Hells for women with epilepsy (or family members etc) but i'm just not sure if anyone cares...?

+Quote Post
ifjuly
post Feb 19 2009, 01:35 PM
Post #424

BUSTie
From: memphis, tn / pittsburgh, pa / rochester, ny / seoul, south korea

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Feb 19 2009, 03:20 AM) *
Ah, Ifjuly my darlin', ya just didn't know where to look! There is a gamer thread, it just doesn't get much, ahem, play. It's in Media Whores & I bumped it for you. Game Girls!

You are my hero! Danke. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Feb 19 2009, 04:20 AM
Post #425

Big Fat Bitch

Ah, Ifjuly my darlin', ya just didn't know where to look! There is a gamer thread, it just doesn't get much, ahem, play. It's in Media Whores & I bumped it for you. Game Girls!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
ifjuly
post Feb 18 2009, 10:12 PM
Post #426

BUSTie
From: memphis, tn / pittsburgh, pa / rochester, ny / seoul, south korea

So I lurked for years, and then (in bad form, sorry) de-lurked in the small breast support group (bless that thread to the moon, by the way) and oh the things you say threads, and was amazed at how friendly everyone was...and then disappeared off the face of the earth due to real world business. I am sorry!

I'm 26, adopted Asian American, and a big dork and lifelong feminist. Gettin' married this fall, which shocks everyone, most of all me, to a laidback and wonderful guy. Hi everyone!

I love that there is a book thread. And a girls with small breasts thread. And a comics (!!!!) thread. So now I'm going to ask for a pony, and maybe this is the wrong spot to (if so, can someone tell me who to ask?)--could we pretty pretty please have a video game thread? Video game forums still suffer from a lot of signal to noise ratio problems for me, because people want to talk about Halo or Grand Theft Auto or Chrono Trigger or whatever, sans irony or reflection on it. I may sounds sexist here but...I figure based on the comics thread maybe this could be my landing spot. Where even if we're talking about mainstream comics or something it's cool to talk about the messages coded in them, and best yet, I will find obviously "girl-friendly" stuff I would NEVER be able to on my own due to it being drowned out by all the other more common stuff. And you know, not necessarily the stuff marketed openly at girls, like Bratz or whatever. For the record I'm madly in love with Animal Crossing and really enjoyed Professor Layton, Exit, Electroplankton, the New York Times Crosswords, and other pick-up-and-play puzzle-minded or gently inviting life-sim games.

So...is anyone here as dorky as me? Crickets? Could I start a thread like that, if it doesn't already exist? I looked but couldn't find one...

+Quote Post
Makeda
post Feb 17 2009, 11:50 AM
Post #427

Oh and hello to everyone else!!!! - sending you rays of sunshine, bubbles, sparkly stardust and everything good from Singapore - have a luhvely day!!!!

--------------------
~la bien-aimée des nuits limpides~[font="Lucida Console"][/font]

+Quote Post
Makeda
post Feb 17 2009, 11:48 AM
Post #428

QUOTE(vixen_within @ Feb 9 2009, 11:32 PM) *
Hi Makeda welcome (back?). I know what your user name means, curious about why you chose it.

OMG a reply!! I'm sooo happy smile.gif Hi Vixen!!! Sorry for the lag - it's really embarassing but I ALWAYS forget my password, then I have to change it, then I forget it again! I use makeda as an alter ego alias for a lot of things. Firstly cos I like the song by "les nubians" about Makeda, Cleopatra (her nubian name). I'm African so a coupla years ago I googled "African Queens" (because I believe I am one) and that was the my favourite cos it sounded the least like a medical condition or something translated from hieroglyphics. I like "vixen_within", sounds a lot more mysterious than just "vixen" smile.gif

--------------------
~la bien-aimée des nuits limpides~[font="Lucida Console"][/font]

+Quote Post
hevonen
post Feb 17 2009, 08:15 AM
Post #429

Hi, I'm new.
My name is Eric and I am a 40something male. My wife passed away a few years ago and I am trying to reenter the dating scene.
That's about all now.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Feb 17 2009, 12:45 AM
Post #430

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

I work in my cousin's dental office. Yeah, I guess I plan to stay in Chicago. Every once in awhile my fiance and I talk about moving to Japan for awhile. Right now, it would just be too much upheaval. Who knows, though- maybe someday.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
stevey
post Feb 13 2009, 05:40 PM
Post #431

I know! It's so sad they closed!!!

Everyone here either gets pregnant before they graduate, addicted to drugs, or dropout...Then there are the ones who do all of the above.

I'm kinda unsure what I want to do, but I would love to live in Spain, that's my dream!!! I would definately love to teach grade school there, I think it would be so fun.

What do you do? Do you plan on staying in Chicago? I've never been, but I bet it's nice, a heck of a lot better than good ol' Joe town.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Feb 11 2009, 07:34 PM
Post #432

ohmy.gif NOOOOOoooooooooo!!

My mom didn't mention that little detail when she was there over Christmas unsure.gif

At least I have their cookbook. sad.gif

Well, I'm glad to hear you are determined to get out. When we had a family reunion a few years ago, I was very tempted to tell one of my cousins, who was about 14 at the time, "Stay in school, don't get addicted to drugs, don't get knocked up, just get out of St. Joe as soon as you can." I didn't know her very well (my mom's family is huge and I don't know about 75% of them) and last year she got knocked up at 17. Doh! Shoulda said something!

My sister and I are both eternally grateful that my mom moved to Chicago to be with my dad.

What do you want to do and where do you think you'll go?

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.

+Quote Post
stevey
post Feb 11 2009, 01:28 PM
Post #433

Wow! That's awesome! It's such a small world. I'm sad to say that Jerre Anne's closed this past year sad.gif I've lived in St. Joe my entire life and I'm ready to get out of here! Haha!

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Feb 11 2009, 06:16 AM
Post #434

Hey Stevey! My momma's from St. Joe! She grew up in the house on 20th and...crap, can't remember the cross street! Went to Bishop LeBlond. Got the hell out of there and went to Benedictine College in Atchison, never went back. My grandma still lives there and my aunt, too. It's, um, an interesting town. Her family's been there forever, back to probably the mid-1800's. My mom's saying is "St. Joe's a great place to be from." laugh.gif

The cross-street! It's Charles! Not such a nice neighborhood anymore. Coleman Hawkins' family lived down the street. I think she said even in the '50's, their house still had dirt floors.

Man, I could go for some Jerre Anne's right now!

--------------------

+Quote Post
stevey
post Feb 10 2009, 10:36 PM
Post #435

By the way... I may need some help figuring out all the details of posting and replying huh.gif This is all new to me... biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
stevey
post Feb 10 2009, 10:33 PM
Post #436

[font="Century Gothic"][/font][size="3"][/size][color="#800080"][/color]Hello! I am new here. My name is Stevey, I am 19 and from Missouri. I am a sophomore at Missouri Western State University, I am studying Spanish and French. I love BUST and having been reading it for the past two years!

+Quote Post
knockoutclothing
post Feb 10 2009, 06:00 PM
Post #437

BUSTie

Hi everyone! I've been reading Bust for several years now (it's one of my faves, alongside MetroPop, Zink, and Nylon), but didn't realise there was an online forum for it till today. Hooray!

I'm SarahJayne. Just turned 28 years old. Originally from Portland, OR - but I've lived all over the US. Currently residing in Dallas.

Music, fashion, and film are greatest passions. I've been a vintage clothing dealer for 9 years, and when I'm not working, I'm glued to my turntable or watching a dvd. I love anything creative and heartfelt. Thats one thing I love about Bust - all those cool ads in the back I never see anywhere else, hehe.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you all!!

-SJ

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ginger Snapped
post Feb 10 2009, 03:50 PM
Post #438

I caught that film for the first time about 4 years ago, GirlTrouble, but actually it's a nick I got from the cookies years before that. I lurve that film, though,nice to virtually meet you. GirlTrouble & Culturehandy & everybody! Fair warning, though,I am a terrible two finger typist & the posterchild for typos! Should've paid attention in typing class, oh well, I will survive.

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Feb 9 2009, 10:36 PM
Post #439

brown delicious

welcome ace and tweety! feel free to ask us questions in the community thread if you have 'em.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
acewalker
post Feb 9 2009, 09:33 PM
Post #440

BUSTie

howdy
i'm pretty much new and ready to be welcomed into the bust fold. ew, bad word choice.
over and out!

+Quote Post

31 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 23, 2014 - 04:06 AM