2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Contact Lens Advice!
auralpoison
post Sep 1 2010, 04:03 AM
Post #21

Big Fat Bitch

QUOTE(buttercups @ Aug 31 2010, 09:33 PM) *
Anyways, now I'm forbidden to wear contacts for a few weeks and I hate hate hate to wear my glasses. I have a strong prescription that makes my eyes look really tiny and deforms my face. It sounds ridiculous but ever since people in high school told me how bad I look in glasses I've been so embarrassed to wear them that I don't even like to have them on in my own house around my family. How am I gonna go out in public like this? Did I mention it's my first week back at school? So thurs I'll have to face all my friends. I know I'm making it into a bigger deal than it is, but I am just so self-conscious with glasses. At least my glasses where it makes my face look so different and shrinks up my eyes. : (

"In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king."

Buttercups, girl, you are paranoid. I can guarantee that nobody is gonna concern themselves with your lack of ocular fashion for more than six seconds. Seriously. If it's the first week of school then I well imagine that most folks will be too busy getting their shit together to worry about you & your glasses. Besides, you said it yourself that it's only temporary, so you will be back to normal in no time. I can't believe that I am actually getting to use this phrase & mean it, but it's only a couple of weeks so gather your ovaries & SUCK IT UP, Buttercups!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Sep 1 2010, 03:53 AM
Post #22

Hardcore BUSTie

Poor buttercups! Do you know what caused the ulcers? And thanks for the warning blink.gif

Are you allowed to wear eye make-up while your eye is healing? Some eye-liner and mascara could make your eyes look bigger. Alternatively, if you want to draw attention away from your eyes, now might be a very good time to experiment with big hair, or attention-grabbing crazy-ass earrings.

(((buttercups' eyes)))

--------------------
“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence.”
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992

+Quote Post
buttercups
post Aug 31 2010, 08:33 PM
Post #23

Hardcore BUSTie

Resurrecting this thread because I just had a similar problem to divaintraining from 2007! Was on vaca with the boy, having a great time and enjoying some alone time together, when I start getting this terrible pain in my eye. I take out my contact and my eye is blood red and hurts whenever I blink. Of course this happens at 7 at night where no walk-ins or eye doctors are even open, so I had to go to the damn ER and wait and wait for hours. Turns out I had 5 small ulcers on my eye and couldve gone blind had I not gone to the ER. Moral of the story: if you ever feel any eye pain take out your contacts immediately and get to a doctor!

Anyways, now I'm forbidden to wear contacts for a few weeks and I hate hate hate to wear my glasses. I have a strong prescription that makes my eyes look really tiny and deforms my face. It sounds ridiculous but ever since people in high school told me how bad I look in glasses I've been so embarrassed to wear them that I don't even like to have them on in my own house around my family. How am I gonna go out in public like this? Did I mention it's my first week back at school? So thurs I'll have to face all my friends. I know I'm making it into a bigger deal than it is, but I am just so self-conscious with glasses. At least my glasses where it makes my face look so different and shrinks up my eyes. : (

+Quote Post
divaintraining
post May 24 2007, 04:21 PM
Post #24

Hardcore BUSTie

so i went to the eye dr earlier in the week...turns out i have a scratch on my eye and he said i couldn't wear contacts for a week =( grrr... i hate wearing glasses... now i really want to try out that trial pair of PVs blink.gif

+Quote Post
divaintraining
post May 15 2007, 01:01 PM
Post #25

Hardcore BUSTie

yah...doesn't really bother me...i am headed to the eye dr. tomorrow though, so i'll let you know what he says

+Quote Post
ChiqsRUs
post May 15 2007, 12:10 PM
Post #26

I use Acuvue 2 extended wear, that way you can throw them out after 2 weeks to a month and they are made to be breathable. I would never want a contact I was supposed to wear and not take out!!

--------------------
On a good day....yes.

+Quote Post
divaintraining
post May 14 2007, 09:33 AM
Post #27

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(LustfullyPink @ May 11 2007, 03:12 AM) *
Now, there are advantages. Don't just listen to our horror stories. As long as you take good care of them, find out what's good for you, and listen to what your eyeballs are telling you, you'll be just fine. They're really convienent, a lot easier to care for than glasses (in my opinion) and they give you a fuller range of vision (once again IMO). They're really great things to have, I really love them.

Agreed...so I will ask my eye dr. about the PureVision trial pair and see what he says... I am all about convenience

Thanks all for your advice =)

Pixie ~ that's great that your problem cleared up ... I will ask about those as well

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post May 11 2007, 09:05 AM
Post #28

Tink's Red headed Step Sis

I use O2 Optix lenses that have maximum oxygen levels so that I can wear mine for extended periods of time. Before I got those I was getting really bright red veins on the sides of my eyes from lack of oxygen. I just had my eye exam a month or so ago and after using this kind for a year, my Doctor said all the eye irriatations seem to be gone, so I highly recommend the O2 optix!

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post
LustfullyPink
post May 10 2007, 08:55 PM
Post #29

Hardcore BUSTie

Yeah, If I wear mine for any extended period of time, they start to irritate my eyes really bad, just from lack of oxygen. I once wore them for like, two months straight (Super bad idea) and I got like a corneal ulcer. I'm really susceptible to them now, and get them quite often, if I don't take them out at least twice a week. I also get really bad protein deposits if I don't take them out every now and then. It's pretty bad.

Now, there are advantages. Don't just listen to our horror stories. As long as you take good care of them, find out what's good for you, and listen to what your eyeballs are telling you, you'll be just fine. They're really convienent, a lot easier to care for than glasses (in my opinion) and they give you a fuller range of vision (once again IMO). They're really great things to have, I really love them.

--------------------
Give me room to stand, and I will move the world.

+Quote Post
DaisyJane
post May 10 2007, 01:26 PM
Post #30

BUSTie

I dont have the ones you wear for 30s days straight but I would never do that anyways.
I used to do that with these regular disposable 30 day ones and never take them out. I ended up getting celulitus in my eye and it sweeled up like a golfball.

Now I still have contacts but I take them out every night. You need to let your eyeballs breathe a little. And protien builds up on the contacts that the solution can remove.

contacts in general are good, I really like mine and have had them for like 10 years. Again, i dont know much about 30 days without removing them ones but it just sounds like a bad idea anyway. smile.gif

+Quote Post
divaintraining
post May 10 2007, 12:20 PM
Post #31

Hardcore BUSTie

Does anyone in here wear contact lenses?

My friend told me about these PureVision lenses that you can wear for 30 days straight. Wondering if anyone in here uses them? I saw you can get a free trial pair when you get an eye exam, so I was thinking about trying them but wanted to hear about any experiences...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 1, 2014 - 09:59 AM