271 Pages V  « < 136 137 138 139 140 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
prvtpuss
post Oct 9 2007, 11:01 PM
Post #2741

BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Oct 9 2007, 06:18 AM) *
Prvtpuss..you said that you are in med school right? Maybe you can help me out with some confusion over this strep b....I have been told that I am only a carrier of it, and need not to worry. I think Morphia is infected with it, but her doctors have yet to find a med that will kill it. (Correct me if I'm wrong Morphia, that is the case right?). Furthermore, my son is a carrier of strep A...which is pretty damn rare, but that is all I know. He was treated for strep several times before finding this out. I was treated with antibiotics for strep b, before the birth of both of my children, other than the worries of passing this bacteria to the baby during delivery.. I don't think doctors are too concerned by it..... (but I am only a carrier....

Sorry, I have one more question if anyone knows anything about this, my second son was a mecomium (sp) baby )took a dump in me before delivery)...and I have been asking around about if they do or do not treat the mother with meds for this in case of infection in her, and they all say yes, that I needed to be treated..but I wasn't. I'm just picturing a big party of e.coli hanging out in my uterus.

Hi arj75, yes, i'm a second year medical school student (which means i'm tired all the time and sick of studying). a lot of people are strep b carriers, it only really becomes an issue during labor. pregnant women should get swabbed towards the end of their pregnancies for strep b and then i think they give IV penicillin during birth to decrease the chances of giving the strep b to the baby. so no worries, right? plus i don't think it means you'll always be a strep b carrier.

ok, as far as the strep a carrier, i'm not super positive about this, but from what i understand, he may just be a carrier til he gets older and this is also not too big of a deal, but it means he should get tested for strep every time he gets a sore throat. since strep a is the strep that is associated with strep throat, he may get a sore throat for another reason (viral, etc), but the strep may flare up and take advantage. strep a (strep throat) is something you really see mostly in children and teens i believe.

ok and as far as the meconium issue, i don't believe there is much of an issue unless the baby aspirates the meconium while inside the placenta, in which case the baby has serious respiration issues right off the bat and this is considered an emergency. i'm assuming that didn't happen (thank goodness). the only other issue i can figure with the meconium is a situation where there's tearing of your tissues and meconium enters your bloodstream as an embolism (yes they teach us these far out situations), in which case you wouldn't be with us to post in this discussion board!!

and as far as your uterus and e.coli, meconium is sterile when the fetus is still inside you and pooping! their little GI systems don't have e.coli or anything yet. plus the placenta is between your uterine wall and the amniotic fluid with the meconium in it, so there shouldn't have been any real meeting between your uterus and the meconium. and if that doesn't make you feel any better, just figure that your period is flushing out the walls of your uterus every month to make sure any unwelcome visitors don't stay for too long. (and they say our periods are useless)

hope this was helpful and not too long (i'm avoiding studying blood diseases.... yargggg)

s.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
i'vehadenough
post Oct 9 2007, 09:34 PM
Post #2742

BUSTie

QUOTE(frustratedinJC @ Oct 8 2007, 10:15 AM) *
New to this site- I was diagnosed after I had my IUD inserted. I lived 29 yrs without BV and 4 months after insertion I went to the dr. to check on what was "up" with the discharge and smell, thinking something went wrong with my IUD and he diagnosed me w. BV. Since then he has given me a few scripts for Clindamycin, and just last week I had to see him and he did a test and said he found no trace of BV but gave me the cream b/c he says I know my body better than he does...and yes I do and although it may not show up on his swipe test, you all know what I am saying here, we just know when its not right down there.

So I just did one dose of the cream vaginally and started taking Folic acid (800mg 1/day) and Acidophilus w.Pectin so I am not sure if it will come back again...hoping not!

But wanted to check to see if.
A. has anyone been diagnosed with BV after getting and IUD?
B. are there any other treatments I should consider?
C. any type of dietary changes help anyone?

I never had any problems until 3.5 year after having the merina. After I had it removed the BV didn't come back for about 3 month but it eventually did. I am so upset that the IUD was the problem because that is the only BC that works for me. I can not do the pill, Nuvaring and I hate condoms. I did tey the mini pill and it seems to be ok so far.

+Quote Post
gonnaloseit
post Oct 9 2007, 07:24 PM
Post #2743

hi jularee!! i'm new also. please keep us posted on the femanol. I was thinking of trying it. I ordered enzara so I was skeptical about trying femanol too, but I'm willing to if it works smile.gif I started taking B6, folic acid, b complex and acidophillus(sp). My first day was on Sunday so I 'm hoping for something soon after all I've heard about the B6 on this thread. it can only get better so we'll see. I do feel less "irritated" so far, and I think less discharge, but maybe it's just wishful thinking, hopefully not though smile.gif i'll keep you'll posted on what's happening and thank you'll for starting this very informative thread!
QUOTE(jularee @ Oct 9 2007, 02:37 PM) *
Hello ladies! I'm a newbie and I just want to say that all of you are awesome for sharing your experiences with BV. I'm been battling BV for the past 5 years, ever since starting the pill. I was first treated with Flagyl and that actually kept my symptoms away for about 2 years. About 4 months ago I got an IUD and ever since then I've been having horrible odor and discharge. Another trip to the doc landed me with Metrogel which kept the symptoms away for about a month. Trying to avoid the antibiotic route, I began researching home remedies and came across this wonderful site. Some things I've tried are tea tree oil, hydrogen peroxide washes, acidophilus capsules, folic acid, and of course boric acid. Out of all of these I must say the boric acid works wonders! It is however a temporary solution. I also recently ordered something called Femanol I think. I've heard all the bad things about Enzara so I was kinda skeptical to order the Femanol because it's soooo expensive. I'll keep you guys posted on how it works out.

+Quote Post
Morphia
post Oct 9 2007, 04:28 PM
Post #2744

Hardcore BUSTie

Have any of you had your appendix removed?!

Some scientists think they have figured out the real job of the troublesome and seemingly useless appendix: It produces and protects good germs for your gut.

That's the theory from surgeons and immunologists at Duke University Medical School, published online in a scientific journal this week.

For generations the appendix has been dismissed as superfluous. Doctors figured it had no function. Surgeons removed them routinely. People live fine without them.

And when infected the appendix can turn deadly. It gets inflamed quickly and some people die if it isn't removed in time. Two years ago, 321,000
Americans were hospitalized with appendicitis, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The function of the appendix seems related to the massive amount of bacteria populating the human digestive system, according to the study in the Journal of Theoretical Biology. There are more bacteria than human cells in the typical body. Most are good and help digest food.

But sometimes the flora of bacteria in the intestines die or are purged. Diseases such as cholera or amoebic dysentery would clear the gut of useful bacteria. The appendix's job is to reboot the digestive system in that case.

The appendix "acts as a good safe house for bacteria," said Duke surgery professor Bill Parker, a study co-author. Its location _ just below the normal one-way flow of food and germs in the large intestine in a sort of gut cul-de-sac -- helps support the theory, he said.

Also, the worm-shaped organ outgrowth acts like a bacteria factory, cultivating the good germs, Parker said.

That use is not needed in a modern industrialized society, Parker said.

If a person's gut flora dies, it can usually be repopulated easily with germs they pick up from other people, he said. But before dense populations in modern times and during epidemics of cholera that affected a whole region, it wasn't as easy to grow back that bacteria and the appendix came in handy.

In less developed countries, where the appendix may be still useful, the rate of appendicitis is lower than in the U.S., other studies have shown, Parker said.

He said the appendix may be another case of an overly hygienic society triggering an overreaction by the body's immune system.

Even though the appendix seems to have a function, people should still have them removed when they are inflamed because it could turn deadly, Parker said. About 300 to 400 Americans die of appendicitis each year, according to the CDC.

Five scientists not connected with the research said that the Duke theory makes sense and raises interesting questions.

The idea "seems by far the most likely" explanation for the function of the appendix, said Brandeis University biochemistry professor Douglas Theobald. "It makes evolutionary sense."

[...]

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/10/05/app...index.html

+Quote Post
helpmeplease
post Oct 9 2007, 03:54 PM
Post #2745

Let me ask you all a question; you talk about the peroxide douching and vitamin B6 and 12 plus the acidopholus (however it is spelled) does this al really help. A few of you even talk about different partners, not all at one time, you all know what I mean, anyway you say it makes a difference. I have been with my husband for 19 yrs he can't have anything to do with this can he? Also can he have it and give it back? I mean like I said the doctor just recently put me on medication for this and it was working then after i was done with the medicine; within 3-4 days it is coming back. I could tell because the itching started where your pubic hair is on top (well I shave mine) but that is where it starts then my clitoris itches that is ALL that itches, Then I notice this toilet papery white stuff that looks as if it rolling off if you rub your finger on it. I know I am repeating my self, I am just so done with this! I am so glad to know you are all here for support. smile.gif

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 9 2007, 02:40 PM
Post #2746

Hardcore BUSTie

HELPMEPLEASE:I USE TO STICK EVERYTHING IN MY YOU KNOW WHAT AND I FINALLY FOUND SOMETHING THAT WORKED EARLIER THIS YEAR AND THE DISCHARGE/SMELL WENT AWAY. I USED ESTROIL. I WAS SCARED AT FIRST BECAUSE OF THE POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS BUT I WAS DESPERATE AND DIDN'T CARE. I ALWAYS KNEW MY PROBLEMS WERE HORMONAL.

+Quote Post
mercurysister
post Oct 9 2007, 02:04 PM
Post #2747

This is all very encouraging. I am a big believer in diet, if B6 has been working I will try it. I don't have BV at the moment, but I fear the next time I have sex without a condom that the smell, pain and shame will return. Needless to say, I will use condoms for a while with a new partner, not worth risking std's and bv. BTW what exactly is flagyll? is this a pill only by prescription? What about using boric acid after sex? Good to hear you are feeling better!
Cheers!

QUOTE(canadianGirl @ Oct 4 2007, 02:22 AM) *
Hi Everybody!

I have not posted here before, but I have read this forum when I found it for hours and hours on end and just want to thank everybody on here for their bravery in sharing their stories. There is so little information out there, and no doctor has any answers and I too was taking flagyll over and over and over again. Thank god I live in Canada and I don't have to pay for the visits, but the time and money spent on the refills and just feeling like a freak show was really getting to me emotionally. A few times I just broke down and cried in the doctors office and they said "It is obviously affecting you emotionally" No kidding!!

I am 33 (just turned) years old and have been suffering from the re-occuring BV for 3 years. The first time I had it was when I was about 21. One prescription cured it then, until age 30. Then along with a new boyfriend came BV. I have been very lucky with him because he has been great. But treatment, after treatment, it just kept coming back almost quicker and worse than before everytime we had sex. (I have had a minimum of 30 refills and that's a low estimate) At first a condom seemed to help, but then after a while even the condom didn't work. Then even (ahem) oral and absolutely no sex was triggering it. I was nearing the end of my rope. I am not kidding. I researched as much as possible and started taking the acidophilus with bifidus capsuls with 500mgs of vitamin C orally. Maybe a small difference. But then the same. It was on here I read about the guy with the Vitamin B6. I ran out and got it about a month ago. Since then Nada. I have had sex with him at least 10 times so far, (with a condom though) knock on wood, and it hasn't come back yet. I just had to share that with everybody in case that can help one person. It is worth a try. The relief I feel even with a condom is amazing. I will eventually try without, but I am just enjoying this freedom for now. And I don't want to jinx it. Also the longer I can stay away from the flagyll the better.

I will keep you posted if there are any changes, but I have a great feeling with this Vitamin B6. 100 mg in the morning and 100 mg at night. I still take a 500 mg vitamin C when I think about it, and the Acidophilus, but it is random. Just the B6. I don't know if that is a cure or not or exactly what it does (balance your hormones?) but it works. And I have read that drinking alcohol leaches Vitamin B6 out of your system, so if you have drinks, make sure to take an extra. I do.
I have also taken one flagyll pill after sex, (doc's recommendation) I'm sure a few of you won't like that, but I'd rather that to keep the invaders away then a full blown infection.

I just had to share because this is the best I have felt in 3 years and I owe it to this forum. When I was here last I was desperate and close to breakdown and all of you women (and man) actually made me crack a smile and god-forbid even laugh out loud. I am praying for you all. Good-Luck!! I am sure they will come up with a cure someday, hopefully sooner than later!

+Quote Post
helpmeplease
post Oct 9 2007, 01:24 PM
Post #2748

QUOTE(neverending @ Oct 9 2007, 02:28 PM) *
Geez, I see there are a lot of new people on the board. WELCOME!

HELPMEPLEASE: I REMEMBER AT ONE TIME (DON'T REMEMBER WHEN) WHERE I HAD PROBLEMS LIKE THAT.IT LOOKS LIKE SMALL PIECES OF WET TOLIET TISSUE FOLDED OVER AND IT'S KIND OF SLIMMY(SP?). I'M NOT SURE BUT I THINK YOUR PROBLEMS ARE JUST BEGINNING. ARE YOU JUST GETTING OF BIRTH CONTROL OR SOME TYPR OF MEDICATION?

JULAREE: I SEE THE PILL HAS DONE IT AGAIN. I NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH MY BODY UNTIL I STOPPED BIRTH CONTROL. SUCKS HUH!

Neverending; I had a hysterectomy 3 yrs ago, so no BC, and no other meds than the ones the doc put me on. Do you ever get rid of BV?

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 9 2007, 01:11 PM
Post #2749

Hardcore BUSTie

Geez, I see there are a lot of new people on the board. WELCOME!

HELPMEPLEASE: I REMEMBER AT ONE TIME (DON'T REMEMBER WHEN) WHERE I HAD PROBLEMS LIKE THAT.IT LOOKS LIKE SMALL PIECES OF WET TOLIET TISSUE FOLDED OVER AND IT'S KIND OF SLIMMY(SP?). I'M NOT SURE BUT I THINK YOUR PROBLEMS ARE JUST BEGINNING. ARE YOU JUST GETTING OF BIRTH CONTROL OR SOME TYPR OF MEDICATION?

JULAREE: I SEE THE PILL HAS DONE IT AGAIN. I NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH MY BODY UNTIL I STOPPED BIRTH CONTROL. SUCKS HUH!

+Quote Post
jularee
post Oct 9 2007, 12:20 PM
Post #2750

BUSTie

Hello ladies! I'm a newbie and I just want to say that all of you are awesome for sharing your experiences with BV. I'm been battling BV for the past 5 years, ever since starting the pill. I was first treated with Flagyl and that actually kept my symptoms away for about 2 years. About 4 months ago I got an IUD and ever since then I've been having horrible odor and discharge. Another trip to the doc landed me with Metrogel which kept the symptoms away for about a month. Trying to avoid the antibiotic route, I began researching home remedies and came across this wonderful site. Some things I've tried are tea tree oil, hydrogen peroxide washes, acidophilus capsules, folic acid, and of course boric acid. Out of all of these I must say the boric acid works wonders! It is however a temporary solution. I also recently ordered something called Femanol I think. I've heard all the bad things about Enzara so I was kinda skeptical to order the Femanol because it's soooo expensive. I'll keep you guys posted on how it works out.

+Quote Post
helpmeplease
post Oct 9 2007, 11:57 AM
Post #2751

I am new to this blog and I think I am happy I have found it! Since the end of february I have had an itch and a toilet papery sloughing on my labia, and it feels sort of waxy in that area too. I have no discharge vaginally, but the sloughing has a slight oder. I have also had a bit of pain in my lower abdomen. I have taken meds for yeast infection, didn't work and honestly didn't seem like the normal yeast infection, been checked vaginally and tested, clean there, but still the symptoms. I went to a older nurse practioner and she treated me for contact dermatitis (which I usually get on my arms) with a prednisone pak, and she treated me with clindamyacin for possible bacterial vaginosis, with in a few days I noticed that all these symptoms were going away, then within a few days after being off the meds (ended them at the same time) Last night I noticed a bit of itching and GREAT there was the toilet papery stuff again but not as bad yet. Has any one else had these same or some of these problems? I am so confused and SOOOOOO sick of having this, I mean 7 1/2 months worth, YUCK! If someone can give me input I would really appreciate you! ALL OF YOU!

+Quote Post
VaginaOutofOrder
post Oct 9 2007, 10:09 AM
Post #2752

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ive been reading the thread, great info
I don't know what to do first

I have BV, I get it on and off usually after unprotected sex
I just got a prescription from my doc for Flagly 500mg 3x a day for 10 days
Right now I'm menstruating and my smell is HORRID
Should I just start the meds orally?
Or should I put an insert in the vagina (HOW DO YOU DO THIS AND KEEP IT IN THERE?)
Or should I douche right now (with peroxide and water?) because I'm about to go to the gym and geez!!!!

+Quote Post
arj75
post Oct 9 2007, 04:01 AM
Post #2753

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(prvtpuss @ Oct 5 2007, 04:56 PM) *
how do u know your strep is still around? what did they prescribe you for it and how long ago was that? NPs can be absolutely wonderful, so don't worry too much about that. and as far as strep tests, some clinics can do a rapid test in-office. i think if the rapid (5-10 minutes) test comes back negative, then they will wait to see the results of a throat culture (2-3 days). they do this to make sure they don't miss a positive case of strep. which is why i want to stress to you that if you have strep you NEED to treat it. when your body produces antibodies to fight and kill the strep bacteria, those antibodies sometimes mistake your heart muscle cells or joints for the bacteria and attack them - which is REALLY BAD.

Prvtpuss..you said that you are in med school right? Maybe you can help me out with some confusion over this strep b....I have been told that I am only a carrier of it, and need not to worry. I think Morphia is infected with it, but her doctors have yet to find a med that will kill it. (Correct me if I'm wrong Morphia, that is the case right?). Furthermore, my son is a carrier of strep A...which is pretty damn rare, but that is all I know. He was treated for strep several times before finding this out. I was treated with antibiotics for strep b, before the birth of both of my children, other than the worries of passing this bacteria to the baby during delivery.. I don't think doctors are too concerned by it..... (but I am only a carrier....

Sorry, I have one more question if anyone knows anything about this, my second son was a mecomium (sp) baby )took a dump in me before delivery)...and I have been asking around about if they do or do not treat the mother with meds for this in case of infection in her, and they all say yes, that I needed to be treated..but I wasn't. I'm just picturing a big party of e.coli hanging out in my uterus.

+Quote Post
missbcrazy
post Oct 8 2007, 01:18 PM
Post #2754

Hi ladies,

I need help. I am having symptoms of bv every month. Of course its directly after my cycle. I can admit that i have a poor diet. I've had the same partner for a while now. The BV just began to get more frequent. I have been tested for std's and everything is negative. I am tired of having to go to the dr's. I have bought the acidoulous (spelling) and the Biocitin (spelling). I tried a douche last nite with peroxide and water. Things smelled normal, but i want it to stay normal. PLEASE HELP ME. I am going to buy the folic acid today. I hope it works. Any other ideas? sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

+Quote Post
frustratedinJC
post Oct 8 2007, 08:58 AM
Post #2755

New to this site- I was diagnosed after I had my IUD inserted. I lived 29 yrs without BV and 4 months after insertion I went to the dr. to check on what was "up" with the discharge and smell, thinking something went wrong with my IUD and he diagnosed me w. BV. Since then he has given me a few scripts for Clindamycin, and just last week I had to see him and he did a test and said he found no trace of BV but gave me the cream b/c he says I know my body better than he does...and yes I do and although it may not show up on his swipe test, you all know what I am saying here, we just know when its not right down there.

So I just did one dose of the cream vaginally and started taking Folic acid (800mg 1/day) and Acidophilus w.Pectin so I am not sure if it will come back again...hoping not!

But wanted to check to see if.
A. has anyone been diagnosed with BV after getting and IUD?
B. are there any other treatments I should consider?
C. any type of dietary changes help anyone?

+Quote Post
arj75
post Oct 7 2007, 02:43 PM
Post #2756

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Oct 6 2007, 06:31 PM) *
English Title: The relationship between detection of bacterial vaginosis and the infection with mycoplasma in genitourinary tract.
Personal Authors: Xia QianFeng, Tan, X., Tan Xi, Qian ShiYun (et al)
Author Affiliation: Department of Laboratory Technique, Hainan Medical College, Haikou 570102, Hainan, China.
Document Title: China Tropical Medicine, 2004 (Vol. 4) (No. 6) 980-981, 987

Abstract:
A study was conducted to explore the status of Mycoplasma in bacterial vaginosis of genitourinary system and provide basis for clinical diagnosis and treatment [China]. Based on Amsel criteria, 1317 bacterial vaginosis patients were examined and vaginal secretions from 353 diagnosed bacterial vaginosis patients and 150 healthy controls were cultured for Mycobacterium with rapid culture medium. Of 353 patients, 219 were infected with Ureaplasma urealyticum and Mycobacterium hominis with a positive rate of 62.04%. Mycobacterium was detected in 17 healthy controls with a positive rate of 11.33% showing significant differences between the two groups (P<0.01). It is concluded that bacterial vaginosis might be one of the causal factors for Mycoplasma infection and attention should be paid to the diagnosis of this disease.
Publisher: Editorial Department of China Tropical Medicine

About CAB Abstracts
CAB Abstracts is a unique and informative resource covering everything from Agriculture to Entomology to Public Health. In April 2006 we published our 5 millionth abstract, making it the largest and most comprehensive abstracts database in its field.

There are numerous records and resources related to this abstract in the CAB Abstracts database. At this time, your institution does not subscribe to CAB Direct so you cannot access them. To find out more about this exciting resource, and how to subscribe, please click here.

CAB Abstracts contains a wealth of information on the following items that are related to the abstract above:
bacterial diseases, detection, diagnosis, human diseases, urinary tract, urinary tract diseases, bacterial vaginosis, Mycobacterium hominis, man, Mycobacterium, Mycoplasma, Ureaplasma urealyticum

Mycoplasma infections are sexual transmitted according to the info in medical library. Is mycoplasma the same bug that also causes walking pneumonia? I had pneumonia about 18 times during my childhood. Thanks for that information neverending, I'm gonna take that article in for my doctor to see. My new boyfriend, who has been screened for stds (I made him), gets repeated UTI's, I'm curious if this isnt his culprit as well. I wonder if this crap is screened for standardly in every vaginal and urine culture?

+Quote Post
gonnaloseit
post Oct 7 2007, 01:26 PM
Post #2757

hello all, I've been reading through the thread today. I decided to order flagyl online from a site that some one posted on here but it's going to take a few weeks to come so in the meantime I'm going to try the suggestion from this poster, and I just ordered folic acid and acidophilus tablets and I pray that 3 days from now I'm thanking God too before I shower smile.gif Maybe by the time the flagyl comes I won't need it, that would be a blessing... if both these fail I guess I'll try something else.
QUOTE(newlife69 @ Aug 24 2007, 12:31 PM) *
Ladies:

I am new to this forum and have actually never posted or chatted before. However, while researching this topic I stumbled onto your blog. I too have been suffering from BV for all of my adult life. Yes, really, since puberty set in. To make a long story short, through earnest prayer, I recently found another site, www.earthclinic.com. On there I learned that folic acid and acidophilus tablets have been used to cure BV with excellent results. I have been taking three 400 mcg tablets of folic acid a day for the past two days along with two acidophilus tablets. I purchased these supplements at the local grocery store. This morning was day three and I smelled and felt so much better I cried and thanked God before showering. I feel that this is it. In the spirit of trying everything, I strongly encourage you to try this too.

I was so inspired by your posts to continue looking for natural remedies. I was at my wits end and considering metro-gel again. My doctor has given me refill prescriptions because this has been such an ongoing saga for me. I knew I would just be stepping on the BV-yeast merry-go-round once again. I was also put on Yasmin birth control which made my PMS and infections worse. I stopped taking them.

Thanks for your courage. I hope this suggestion helps someone.

+Quote Post
Italianwife88
post Oct 7 2007, 01:09 PM
Post #2758

BUSTie

God this is driving me CRAZY... I've been doing the hydrogen peroxide treatment while i wait for my fem dophilus to get here. This discharge is so annoying and disgusting, not to mention the stench...my god.

Hope the femanol works for ya.

+Quote Post
gonnaloseit
post Oct 7 2007, 12:24 AM
Post #2759

I'm afraid to try it for that reason too, but when I search for complaints about both enzara and femanol, I can only find complaints on enzara, and I emailed their customer service with a # of questions(femanol) and got rapid responses. I was impressed with that. I don't want to be fooled either. So far, I've had great luck with money back guarantees, except in the case of enzara, since I purchased it off of ebay sad.gif Anyway, we're getting gift cards at work at the end of October, november, and december for sales incentive, I may use one of them( they're the visa gift cards) to try femanol or something else if I can find it, or get it early and just pay off things with the visa gift card....I'm not sure yet, I guess I'm just in a rush to be back to my normal 18 year old vagina, I'm only 21 lol, it's not too much too ask I hope...ahhh the good old days, no smells, no discharge, and thongs galore lol. talk 2 you'll tomorrow. If anyone else has tried it, please give results or let me know if you had no results at all, and I'm of course taking suggestions for less expensive alternatives that have worked for you'll. Have a great Sunday!!

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Oct 6 2007, 02:17 PM) *
Did a little bit of research on the Femanol. I'm afraid to try it, because when I type it in google, Enzara comes up as well. I was fooled by Enzara, and don't want to be another $67 and get fooled again. They say money back guarantee, but, we all know what a pain in the but that can be.

Oh well, if anyone trys it, let me know!!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 6 2007, 04:14 PM
Post #2760

Hardcore BUSTie

English Title: The relationship between detection of bacterial vaginosis and the infection with mycoplasma in genitourinary tract.
Personal Authors: Xia QianFeng, Tan, X., Tan Xi, Qian ShiYun (et al)
Author Affiliation: Department of Laboratory Technique, Hainan Medical College, Haikou 570102, Hainan, China.
Document Title: China Tropical Medicine, 2004 (Vol. 4) (No. 6) 980-981, 987

Abstract:
A study was conducted to explore the status of Mycoplasma in bacterial vaginosis of genitourinary system and provide basis for clinical diagnosis and treatment [China]. Based on Amsel criteria, 1317 bacterial vaginosis patients were examined and vaginal secretions from 353 diagnosed bacterial vaginosis patients and 150 healthy controls were cultured for Mycobacterium with rapid culture medium. Of 353 patients, 219 were infected with Ureaplasma urealyticum and Mycobacterium hominis with a positive rate of 62.04%. Mycobacterium was detected in 17 healthy controls with a positive rate of 11.33% showing significant differences between the two groups (P<0.01). It is concluded that bacterial vaginosis might be one of the causal factors for Mycoplasma infection and attention should be paid to the diagnosis of this disease.

Publisher: Editorial Department of China Tropical Medicine

About CAB Abstracts
CAB Abstracts is a unique and informative resource covering everything from Agriculture to Entomology to Public Health. In April 2006 we published our 5 millionth abstract, making it the largest and most comprehensive abstracts database in its field.

There are numerous records and resources related to this abstract in the CAB Abstracts database. At this time, your institution does not subscribe to CAB Direct so you cannot access them. To find out more about this exciting resource, and how to subscribe, please click here.

CAB Abstracts contains a wealth of information on the following items that are related to the abstract above:
bacterial diseases, detection, diagnosis, human diseases, urinary tract, urinary tract diseases, bacterial vaginosis, Mycobacterium hominis, man, Mycobacterium, Mycoplasma, Ureaplasma urealyticum

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 136 137 138 139 140 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 27, 2014 - 09:23 AM