The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

120 Pages V  « < 103 104 105 106 107 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
dusty
post Jun 28 2006, 06:55 AM
Post #2081

Hardcore BUSTie

Its not just the gauchos, its that folded over self-sash kind of thing that goes with. Who thought that up? Because its really ugly.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
misspissed
post Jun 27 2006, 11:04 PM
Post #2082

Hardcore BUSTie

aw, shucks. it was the black bra that lured you in, i know it!

walkingbitch, you rock.

i did some tour-guiding today with some out-o'towners, and we went to a few of NYCs major sites. i thought today would be chock full of insane fashion choices, but sadly it wasn't.

the only thing i DID see that caused a double take was the woman with the american flag pedicure. yes, folks. her big toes were the whole flag, and the other toes were red with white stars.
ugly, but very artistic.

+Quote Post
walkingbitch
post Jun 27 2006, 06:22 PM
Post #2083

Hardcore BUSTie

OK I have a peeve. I just phoned it into my LJ.

I don't care HOW THIN you are. If you are walking toward me wearing miniscule short shorts, (white denim) and you have a darker tan that my ARAB ass does, (and you are eastern european polish white girl), I have a pointer for you.

WEAR SOME DRAWERS... I don't need to see half a vagina lip flap out at me and wave hello as you cross the street.

And Daisy Duke looked cute. IN THE 70s. You look like a freaking pig biotch with your lippy wave at me... k? cover yer shit up, or take a gander of yourself sans panties before venturing out? k?

--------------------
"A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. You think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a f@*#ing cross? It's like going up to Jackie Onassis wearing a rifle pendant."
Bill Hicks

+Quote Post
bklynhermit
post Jun 27 2006, 05:11 PM
Post #2084

Hardcore BUSTie

maimy, do not burn that photo album!

maybe that's why so many people who should be old enough to damn well know better are getting fashion amnesia about the 80's (and now early 90's). they destroyed all documentation of how bad they looked in it the first time.

+Quote Post
maimy
post Jun 27 2006, 05:01 PM
Post #2085

Hardcore BUSTie

Raisin, hee - but I'd ask the privilege of sharing the MissP crushin's!

The one forgiveable aspect of bodysuits is that at least their central defining feature (the snap crotch) didn't show up in photos we can laugh at for years to come ...

*Taking lighter to photo album*

+Quote Post
bustygirl
post Jun 27 2006, 08:39 AM
Post #2086

Hardcore BUSTie

I love flip-flops. That is my contribution to CsOF. Well, probably not the only one.

But I would NOT wear them to work, and I would NOT wear them while lifting things, and I would NOT wear them while MOWING THE LAWN! (As this woman in my neighbourhood was seen doing yesterday.)

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Jun 27 2006, 05:30 AM
Post #2087

PANTIES! ew.

Miss Pissed, I have a total straight girl crush on you!

Okay. Bodysuits and leotards are so NOT the same thing and they should never be lumped together. Leotards would never in a million years be made with a snap-close crotch, people. Can you imagine that kind of a wardrobe malfunction during a series of fouettés en tournant or a grand jeté? My eyes sting just thinking about it.

Oh, and I noticed that I mentioned Lucy and Ethel in my third most recent post in this thread, and I mentioned Fred in my second most recent post in this thread. So I just have to be complete here and say that Ricky looked pretty damn handsome in those smoking jackets on the show. ::swooning::

ETA: And seriously, another reason why flip-flops should only be worn at the beach. Yesterday I saw a woman fall down the last few steps of her house. She was carrying a square table, the kind where the legs fold up -- and she was wearing flip-flops. Someone else was with her, so she didn't need my help, but the poor woman hurt herself pretty bad all because of those dumb, no-good flip-flops.

+Quote Post
amazonprincess
post Jun 26 2006, 10:38 PM
Post #2088

BUSTie

Mentioned in Empress thread.
I felt bad for a lady at the new job today (community health clinic). She was wearing these too tight gauchos that exposed the entire topography of her butt. She might as well have worn nothing. She looked like she was really trying to make an effort too, nice enough blouse, didn't get to the shoes.

+Quote Post
misspissed
post Jun 26 2006, 10:35 PM
Post #2089

Hardcore BUSTie

this thread has brainwashed me to the point that as i was riding home tonight from my show, i could NOT wait to come and post how i was a total CoF.

walking down a side street in brooklyn, at 11:45 pm tonight, i was wearing:
no underwear
a black bra
a bubblegum pink gown with sequins and ruching at the waist --with a low cut back (see above black bra)
platform wedge peeptoes in dark green with gold sparkles on them
a lavender cardigan tied around my shoulders
a ratty fall wrapped on my head in a messy "beehive"
cat-eye glasses with rhinestones
messed up eye makeup and 2 huge red lipstick kisses on my cheek(s)

yes, i looked the hottness.
(i didn't feel like changing completely after performing tonight.)

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Jun 26 2006, 10:03 PM
Post #2090

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

LOL, ginger, me too! I sometimes add, "My gramma died of skin cancer, so bugger off with your broiled skin and your cancerous chemical applications!!" (Ok, the second part of that sentence usually happens in my mind.)

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
ginger_kitty
post Jun 26 2006, 07:46 PM
Post #2091

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh no! I totally wore bodysuits in the early 90's. But then i realized they were giant onesies for women and that didn't seem so sexy anymore.

Brett that is a definate COF!

I'm pale and I am okay with that. My skin was just not meant to be tan.

--------------------
-We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.

-What we think, we become.

+Quote Post
maimy
post Jun 26 2006, 05:29 PM
Post #2092

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh, dude - and I *owned* bodysuits, in the 70s AND 90s. The earlier model was a "blouse" top one, and now that I am thinking about it, what the HELL was the point of THAT?? The only possible use of the 90s bodysuits was that they stayed form-fitting, and you never had to worry about tucking during the "I wanna look like I think I'm from NYC" faux-sleek years. The lycra cling held down by crotch fasteners was the only reason to wear 'em! So ... pouffy blousy bodysuit? I am now dying to call my mom to ask her about that one, as it was her garment before my foolish 12-year-old ass took it ...

I actually faux-tan, but I use Neutrogena at home, and don't go for the coffe-bean burnish. I'm just dead-pale, and do find it improves the look of the skin on my legs, helping to hide scars a little bit, and making me slightly less blinding to the neighborhood kids. I also wear less and less and less makeup, and I really do think there is something about layering the fake-upon-fake thing. If I had fake tan, tons of makeup, bad dye job, fake nails, cheesy fake-hottie outfit - I'd be a CoF. But I feel that the minimization of fakes forgives one transgression a bit. It doesn't leap out quite so overtly on me, I think.

(I hope!)

+Quote Post
polly_esther
post Jun 26 2006, 04:47 PM
Post #2093

BUSTie

Busty, cheapo knit gauchos don't fit ANY butt well. Seriously, for the amount of women wearing them (still?!) you'd think someone, anyone, would tell them of the horrors they wreak on not only their behinds, but the general public.

Oh, and for the record ladies of the office, just because it's a casual dress code does not give you the right to walk around the office in cheap $2 plastic flip flops, knit cropped pants (not gauchos, think cropped yoga pants) and tee-shirts that came with their pajama sets. It's a place of business, not a beach (obviously y'all don't know the difference carrying around damn beach totes as purses too!).

Oh, and to the manipulative little twit I need to deal with too often for my comfort - lay off the mystic tan, you look like a cheeto with a bad bleach job. I'm waiting for you to dive into an overly-chlorinated pool so I can riff on the oompa-loompa thing for a while (not that I haven't already). It would be my pleasure.

+Quote Post
brett
post Jun 26 2006, 02:53 PM
Post #2094

Hardcore BUSTie

oooh, i saw a good one today at work. (customer)

red tank top, with criss-cross straps in the back. over it, a silver thing that just covered her boobs, with long sleeves that belled at the wrists.

orange micromini. birkinstocks. WTF?

--------------------
there's more to life than making jam and having kids-damien hirst

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Jun 26 2006, 12:05 PM
Post #2095

it's cards on the table time

I blame the artist formerly known as Madonna for the leotards.

+Quote Post
llamas
post Jun 26 2006, 09:09 AM
Post #2096

Hardcore BUSTie

Bodysuits--seriously? Ugh. Painful and unfortunate enough the first time around.

I went to a small-town festival/fair thing this weekend, and amidst all the expected midwestern CoF fun (mullets, mom jeans, even a Rush Limbaugh t-shirt, for dog's sake) was one cute lil' 14-ish boy wearing a white laced-front pirate shirt. Confusing, as those are nearly always a CoF, but it had to have taken some serious balls to wear it in that context!

+Quote Post
bustygirl
post Jun 26 2006, 07:04 AM
Post #2097

Hardcore BUSTie

I HATE bodysuits. You're wearing leotards, morons. LE. O. TARDS.

I don't mind short shorts this year, since I saw this chick rocking hers with a head band, big glasses, beehivey hair, a mod-ish top with a small belt (yeah, I know, but hers WORKED), a big vintage purse, and some smashing peep-toe wedges. It was an anti-CoF. It was so good I wished I'd thought of it first.

Contrast that with the mom I saw at the pool yesterday inexplicably cleaning her car out in the parking lot: Washed too many times cheapo knit beige halter top, fighting for dominance faux turquoise necklace, washed too many times brown cheapo knit gauchos which did NOT fit her ass well, and gold sandals.

The sandals could have been cute. With a denim skirt or navy shorts or even a nice black dress. Not with three other ugly garments in a fight to the death.

+Quote Post
bklynhermit
post Jun 26 2006, 01:57 AM
Post #2098

Hardcore BUSTie

yes, bodysuits. the kind you have to unsnap at the crotch to go pee. i saw 4 or 5 different varieties at forever 21, home of the gaucho, cropped short sleeved sweater, lingerie top, peasant blouse, etc. etc. etc.

saw a gem today while waiting in line for the bathroom at starbucks. from toe to head:

6-inch wedge sandals.

those preppy looking casual short shorts that i've been seeing at j. crew, etc. and which seem to be this summer's gaucho, in a kind of nice slate blue shade.

a cropped denim jacket in sort of an italian-biker cut, buttoned all the way to the neck. ok, this was the one piece she was wearing that was innately horrific. but honestly i'd consider it rockable in certain situations. she did not appear to have any sort of top under the jacket.

this is a sunday night at 9:30 pm at the starbucks in union square. she and her friend looked dressed for clubbing, but whoa, schizophrenic much? the shorts would have been super cute with a pair of flip-flops and a (full length) t-shirt just to run around the neighborhood on a less grey and blustery day. the shoes, while bordering on fetish wear, were not really that bad and could have looked wonderfully Posh Spice with the right little black minidress. she even had the legs for both of the above items, which is quite the acheivement. the jacket might have been ok worn unzipped with one of those American Aparrel t-shirt dresses, great sunglasses, and killer boots.

she looked like a barbie doll as dressed by a 4 year old with no understanding that we wear different kinds of clothes in different situations, and no, you can't just combine cowboy boots, a ballerina tutu, and a pair of pajama pants. i wanted to take her home, raid her closet, and send her back into the world wearing only one of those three items and looking a zillion times more adorable.

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Jun 25 2006, 09:24 PM
Post #2099

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

Seen while shopping: woman with top-knotted ponytail (like Britney, ugh), shapeless t-knit grey spaghetti-strap camisole, black yoga pants with "Roxy" scrawled in pink (beside a white scribbled heart shape) across the ASS (who started this awful trend?), and the kind of fake 'n' bake tan that you know is going to make her look like a pair of alligator pumps in about 15 years.

Speaking as a freckled pale face, I really don't understand the whole tanning thing. Do people really not understand the whole skin-aging process? Do they not care? Do they believe (as many of us did when we were 22, but we GOT OVER IT) that they are going to be dead by 30/40 so it won't matter anyway? Because I don't understand the logic that says, "Ah hah! I am going to make myself look fabulous!" (In their minds.) "And then later on I will look hideous! But who cares if I look hideous tomorrow, as long as I look fabulous today!"

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
lucizoe
post Jun 25 2006, 08:23 PM
Post #2100

Mr. Flibble's very cross.

*deflounce*

is it those puffy pirate-like shirts? with poofy sleeves and the big collars, often manufactured in that cheap, dusty-looking silk?

that's my guess

*reflounce - and I'm not typing that anymore*

edit-(and incidentally, this particular page is acting freaking wonky on me) Bodysuits. BODYSUITS, people! This is serious.

+Quote Post

120 Pages V  « < 103 104 105 106 107 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 18, 2014 - 08:50 PM